Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
South of Midnight looks cool and I'm glad stuff that I was going to buy like the new Payday and Cities Skylines and the Persona stuff will now be free. Thank you Gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

SUNKOS posted:

Playground Games do this really well with the Forza Horizon games. They've fine tuned everything perfectly because 30fps is usually very noticeable in racing games but Forza Horizon is always smooth which impressed me a lot. I know they're 60fps now but it was a big deal that someone made 30fps racing games that actually felt good and were open world as well. Really talented studio.

I'm still astounded that Horizon 5 ran perfectly on medium/high settings on my midrange 2019 laptop, both Horizon 4 and 5 are so well optimised it's kinda crazy.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

South of Midnight looks cool and I'm glad stuff that I was going to buy like the new Payday and Cities Skylines and the Persona stuff will now be free. Thank you Gamepass.

Yeah South of Midnight looked cool, but was it just me or was the trailer running at like 20 fps the whole time? All of the motion and camera movement looked really jerky to me, in a way that none of the other games shown did

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think that was the style they were going for, something stop-motion-esque.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

A fun watch if you enjoy wheelbarrow pride.

https://youtu.be/-M1_REni_U4

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

webmeister posted:

Yeah South of Midnight looked cool, but was it just me or was the trailer running at like 20 fps the whole time? All of the motion and camera movement looked really jerky to me, in a way that none of the other games shown did

It was animated "on the twos," I think (could be getting the terminology wrong) — similar to how the Spider-Verse movies have been put together. It's a purposeful choice to give everything a different feel.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

webmeister posted:

I'm still astounded that Horizon 5 ran perfectly on medium/high settings on my midrange 2019 laptop, both Horizon 4 and 5 are so well optimised it's kinda crazy.

I've seen revisit benchmarks of old GPUs like the sainted 1080Ti that show Horizon 5 still able to hit 60fps at 1080p Extreme with ray tracing enabled. Playground are loving magicians.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wonder if that Dungeons of some such game is gonna scratch a Zelda itch.

Edit: Hinterburg

External Organs fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 12, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/poncle_vampire/status/1668272942424244227

:pray:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Pfft the real vampire patch is redfall 1.1 that came out today

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

acksplode posted:

It might be CPU limited in a way that doesn't scale with resolution. Plague Tale Requiem's eventual 60fps mode had to work around CPU limitations by animating rats and NPCs at 30 fps

inaceptable, very broken, rats should always be 60 fps

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ZeeBoi posted:

Pfft the real vampire patch is redfall 1.1 that came out today

is it still a broken mess

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tei posted:

inaceptable, very broken, rats should always be 60 fps

Rats should always be uncapped fps. Just cap everything else lower to make it happen.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

More like redfail

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Snacksmaniac posted:

More like redfail

This!!!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Here we go

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1668299332964036612?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
killing our freedom wasn't enough..... now joe biden wants to kill gaming

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Nobody cares here but the Ubisoft showcase just started.

I'm still going to watch it because video games

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sick

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Oh so the two dumbest, most worthless Western nations want to stop the merger and all the other cool and good nations think it's fine. :thunk:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Split up x and box!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh so the two dumbest, most worthless Western nations want to stop the merger and all the other cool and good nations think it's fine. :thunk:

Poonited Kingdung and Ushited States

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Cloud gaming is saved!!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I feel like a company like Microsoft with a bunch of DoD contracts shouldn’t have much trouble with this Mickey Mouse poo poo but who knows

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RIP Joe Biden just killed gaming.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Doesn't filing for the injunction kick this out of the FTC's administrative process (that they can control and slow-roll) and into the court system (where Microsoft is almost certainly going to eat their lunch, because precedent doesn't favor the FTC)?

It's a weird decision that makes it seem like something behind the scenes is forcing the FTC's hand, because they just lost their biggest advantage over MS.

I wonder if MS really is planning to basically tell the CMA to gently caress itself and to pull out of the UK market. That would be nuts, but maybe they think they can make it work through intermediary organizations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Doesn't filing for the injunction kick this out of the FTC's administrative process (that they can control and slow-roll) and into the court system (where Microsoft is almost certainly going to eat their lunch, because precedent doesn't favor the FTC)?

It's a weird decision that makes it seem like something behind the scenes is forcing the FTC's hand, because they just lost their biggest advantage over MS.

I wonder if MS really is planning to basically tell the CMA to gently caress itself and to pull out of the UK market. That would be nuts, but maybe they think they can make it work through intermediary organizations.

Yeah, from what I've read this is good news. MS will take them to court and steamroll them.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I said come in! posted:

RIP Joe Biden just killed gaming.

I hear internet cat meme's are the next on his kill list. When will this monster be stopped!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

MS should pull out of england. The whole company. No more MSOffice for old Angleterre

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
they should fund support for a united ireland, finally allowing the muck-men of Ulster to play sekiro for free

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Watching the gameplay reveal of Star Wars : Outlaws. Looks pretty good to me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

John F Bennett posted:

Watching the gameplay reveal of Star Wars : Outlaws. Looks pretty good to me.

Yeah it looks visually fantastic (minus face animations which nobody gets right). I'm down for an open world SW game any day.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Blue Raider posted:

MS should pull out of england. The whole company. No more MSOffice for old Angleterre

the UK is a banana republic now, so microsoft just need to make with the bribe money and the obstruction will be waved away by politicians in bermuda shorts

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

John F Bennett posted:

Nobody cares here but the Ubisoft showcase just started.

I'm still going to watch it because video games

Have they talked about the sands of time remake? That's the only thing I could possibly care about, that game was incredible back in the day but I'm worried they'll somehow gently caress it up and it'll just become more flavorless Ubi slop

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

super fart shooter posted:

Have they talked about the sands of time remake? That's the only thing I could possibly care about, that game was incredible back in the day but I'm worried they'll somehow gently caress it up and it'll just become more flavorless Ubi slop

They had to restart from scratch because the original developer hosed it up bad

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look we all now the UK and it's monarchy are weak right now, and I'm not saying Microsoft is going to use that to their advantage, but they have been talking to the Danish government recently and financial news sources are reporting there is a lot of money going into the Longboat construction industry at the moment.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When reached for comment, Bobby Kotick was quoted as saying “So the FTC won’t let me be or let me be me so let me see”

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

dr_rat posted:

Look we all now the UK and it's monarchy are weak right now, and I'm not saying Microsoft is going to use that to their advantage, but they have been talking to the Danish government recently and financial news sources are reporting there is a lot of money going into the Longboat construction industry at the moment.

Is this a weird valheim reference

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

External Organs posted:

Is this a weird valheim reference

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

MS itself won't pull out because they have massive government contracts and pulling a tanty over this would probably risk their ability to get massive government contracts in other countries. Activision, on the other hand, may well uproot to one of the more tax-haven-y bits of Ireland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
They already have an office here