Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Yeah its kinda garbage. New underworld set comes out and its great - nothing. New warcry set comes out and its the best thing ever - still nothing

I really wanted that underworlds set but I tried to invest into the game a while ago and found no local scene. Plus my hobby budget is tight enough without feeling pressured to buy a whole new box for it every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Lucinice posted:

I really wanted that underworlds set but I tried to invest into the game a while ago and found no local scene. Plus my hobby budget is tight enough without feeling pressured to buy a whole new box for it every year.

Yeah I felt out of it after season 2. I grabbed wyrdhallow mainly because minis are cool and I use underworlds boards as game mats for rpg. But I want to give it a go since Rivals format makes the game way more accessible

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Yeah its kinda garbage. New underworld set comes out and its great - nothing. New warcry set comes out and its the best thing ever - still nothing

And sadly, this is how it is in real life too. I was running our local Underworlds meetups for over a year. We went from getting 4-6 people to maybe getting 1 or 2. I finally stopped when I asked people for their preferred times for a tournament using the cool official organized play Gnarlwood pack with alt art cards and a trophy, and then nobody showed up. I'd love to play Underworlds again or get into Warcry, but I'm going to get into Kill Team instead because I can actually get games of it. Tentatively hopeful that Star Wars: Shatterpoint will be good and get some local scene but not holding my breath on the latter even if the former is true. And I'm in a major metropolitan area.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Yeah I also live in a large city and sadly KT has all the spotlight (I reckon more people play kt here than 40k at this point but aos got a lot of refugees from that recently as well). Its the same situation as with BL books - aos gets the good stuff but people only want to talk space nazis. If I sound bitter that is because I am. But on the other hand I have yet to meet someone who considers tow in any capacity around here

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Reinforced fulminators or evocators on dracolines will cost you 480 pts and they will bring more hurt than stormdrakes. Find another 30 pts and grab battlemage of ghur

Neat, thanks. I've been eyeballing the mounted Evos for a bit, so it's nice to have some reassurance.

Kinda related, are the Palladors any good? I like their goofy bird mounts, but they seem kinda lackluster if I can already drop my whole army like their teleport.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’ve experimented with them some but not enough to be sure. I think there’s definitely a good build of having thrm fire and fade constantly, tho.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

grassy gnoll posted:

Neat, thanks. I've been eyeballing the mounted Evos for a bit, so it's nice to have some reassurance.

Kinda related, are the Palladors any good? I like their goofy bird mounts, but they seem kinda lackluster if I can already drop my whole army like their teleport.

Ech the only way I could see them get some time in the sun is if astral templars become good as they would become battleline. But that requires monsters becomeing big threat. Right now they are 200 points for unit that is fast but not that tough and hits like wet noodle

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
So we've seen
-calvary
-footies
- heroes

It really does seem like the CoS are being primed for a big old range refresh. I kind of hope they change the mechanics for the cos a bit.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I just hope they still have war machines in their army

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Lucinice posted:

I just hope they still have war machines in their army

I'd love them to be like a mirror toskaven, chaff supported war machines. Give me rocket launchers and tanks and poo poo. Mech suits to counter storm fiends

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hellstorm or Hellblaster return, but with a bunch of baroque bullshit turned to 11

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Apparently there's gonna be a new AoS video game RTS called Realms of Ruin, just got announced with gameplay reveal coming in June.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFs5h-sgpFM

The trailer is pretty nice, and they even showed a snippet of gameplay during the dev talk.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

It looks pretty small scale for an RTS, I guess it's to be expected if they want it to be a multiplat release.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Looks much better than I thought.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Realms of Ruin saved this stream for me. Fingers crossed its decent

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Lucinice posted:

It looks pretty small scale for an RTS, I guess it's to be expected if they want it to be a multiplat release.

Well, we have no idea what the scale is, we saw a hero fighting a unit of gutrippaz and a unit of stormcast fighting gutrippaz. It looks about the scale of Dawn of War 1. Actually, er, very similar to DoW 1. Looks like we're getting 4 factions and assuming it's 1/order, what do you expect for Chaos and death? Probably StD and SBG, those seem very safe bets. Or maybe nighthaunt..

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How fast some of those things I want come into stock and then out of stock, I think there's certain Minis that I'm just not going to get for a long time

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/28/sunday-preview-start-new-adventures-into-the-underworlds/

It's yet another small pre-order weekend for AoS, with only the new Warhammer Underworlds starter set, featuring the Sepulchral Guard facing off against some older Stormcast models.

The The Headsmen’s Curse warband will also be available separately.
As well as new rivals deck.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Next week seraphon hit the shelfs but thank sigmar I blew my budget on warcry and wyrdhallow boxes so no temptation there.

Reprint of Sepulchral Guard is nice tho

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Really hope that means other old warbands will get a reprint.

It would be such a classic GW move to fix the issue of old cards being unobtainable without actually providing a way to get the warbands except by paying scalpers $150+

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/28/sunday-preview-start-new-adventures-into-the-underworlds/

It's yet another small pre-order weekend for AoS, with only the new Warhammer Underworlds starter set, featuring the Sepulchral Guard facing off against some older Stormcast models.

The The Headsmen’s Curse warband will also be available separately.
As well as new rivals deck.

I can't tell, does the new starter set come with anything new if you already have Farstriders and Sepulchral Guard? I guess the objective decks must be updated to be full size by modern standards? Anyone have the list of cards and what boards it comes with?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure you won't know that until the set has arrived in someone's hands, GW rarely lists anything like that ahead of launch.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Max sized squad of rat ogres done, that's enough rat ogres for now.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Well I'm never storing in KR foam again. After I get this fixed I'm gonna work out something magnetic, and replace the flying stands, because fuuuuuuck this poo poo.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

The Deleter posted:

Well I'm never storing in KR foam again. After I get this fixed I'm gonna work out something magnetic, and replace the flying stands, because fuuuuuuck this poo poo.

Spring for the N52 magnets, they are strong as all get out.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Definitely, magnets are the way to go.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Funny you should mention that.

This config currently fits in my KR2 bag nicely as well! Although if I have to get the shipwreck and/or the turtle that's gonna add another tub but hey ho.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
There's no WFB or Old World thread, so this might be the best place to ask. For square bases, how do you deal with tetrising minis together so that you can actually get a block of rank and flank guys? I have 20 dwarfs I'm trying to rank up but they're all pushing into each other.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Count Thrashula posted:

There's no WFB or Old World thread, so this might be the best place to ask. For square bases, how do you deal with tetrising minis together so that you can actually get a block of rank and flank guys? I have 20 dwarfs I'm trying to rank up but they're all pushing into each other.

Well, with Old World they have stated that they are increasing base size by 5mm, from 20 to 25 and that should help with some issues. Other solutions to this are more complicated, especially if you need to expand or contract ranks. One possible solution is to use long bases that have four or five miniatures on them, and then have enough singles to do the ranks/account for casualties/etc... If you don't need to shift the outline of the unit you can just use wound counters and make the whole movement base a diorama, obviously not great for WHFB/OW though.

What I used to do worked "the best" but was very laborious. You would painstaking line up the bases in the formation you thought they would be in most of the time and then build the units and place them trying your best to tetris them correctly, and then when you built a block that worked you use a paint pen to mark the bases on the bottom the order they go in.

Elf Actualization
Feb 10, 2011
Hey sorry if this isn't a good place for this, but I'm starting a small conversion project and am looking for Neferata's parts (just herself) from the Mortarch kit.

I see that the kit has Arkhan, Mannfred, and Neferata as options, so if any US folks have parts for a fancy undead lady that they didn't use in their build, and would be willing to part with them, shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Well, with Old World they have stated that they are increasing base size by 5mm, from 20 to 25 and that should help with some issues. Other solutions to this are more complicated, especially if you need to expand or contract ranks. One possible solution is to use long bases that have four or five miniatures on them, and then have enough singles to do the ranks/account for casualties/etc... If you don't need to shift the outline of the unit you can just use wound counters and make the whole movement base a diorama, obviously not great for WHFB/OW though.

What I used to do worked "the best" but was very laborious. You would painstaking line up the bases in the formation you thought they would be in most of the time and then build the units and place them trying your best to tetris them correctly, and then when you built a block that worked you use a paint pen to mark the bases on the bottom the order they go in.

the greatest test is ranking up black orcs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Danny LaFever posted:

the greatest test is ranking up black savage orcs

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

New GHB announced, seems like we're back a one year cycles.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/11/sunday-preview-things-to-do-while-waiting-for-warhammer-40000-leviathan/

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Waiting for AoS to quick pussyfooting around and put characters back in units too

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/12/generals-handbook-2023-24-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-prepares-for-a-new-season-in-frozen-andtor/

We are indeed back to year long cycles for the GHB.

quote:

This is an important change in format, as it means the new season is double the length of previous ones. This book will be the go-to matched play resource for twice and long – all the way through to summer next year. You can still look forward to quarterly balance updates, to ensure that the metagame remains as balanced as possible.

And there's a new batch of Regiments of Renown coming out as well, each featuring the new hero we saw during Warhammer fest.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Hmm, next GHB has Wizards for the champion unit type. I was kinda hoping it'd be mounted heroes, but Wizards are fine too. I feel the majority of armies that have a generic Wizard option probably already run one, so it won't be too dramatic of a shake-up.

And now that Leviathan is out of the way, they can finally release that new Goblin box. I've been holding off on picking up a Gobbapalooza cause of that

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So are any of the units in the new Blades of Khorne book just absolute trash to be avoided? I picked up a couple of the starters and I'm curious if there any trap purchases in the faction.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Not Keyser Soze posted:

So are any of the units in the new Blades of Khorne book just absolute trash to be avoided? I picked up a couple of the starters and I'm curious if there any trap purchases in the faction.

No, but all of them require you to understand how to interlock their bits together. Khorne is a complex army to play because individually many of the units are fragile, but you can layer on buffs and movement tricks to make them incredibly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Desfore posted:

Hmm, next GHB has Wizards for the champion unit type. I was kinda hoping it'd be mounted heroes, but Wizards are fine too. I feel the majority of armies that have a generic Wizard option probably already run one, so it won't be too dramatic of a shake-up

Stronger wizards for a year seems a bit of a disappointing option, strong lists tend to overload wizards already