Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

wait did you fuse one of the hudson signs to a shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Lmao incredible

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

when i first encountered the signs and the lumberpiles and all that i was fully expecting a "hudson has become a self-aggrandizing landlord leech on the kingdom" subplot

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

MrQueasy posted:

man, I just like looking at myself

beefy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

https://i.imgur.com/OXStLkD.mp4
EtG is stupid as hell and i wouldn't have it any other way

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just landed on a frozen planet that was like -100c and within a minute a firestorm hit and i could barely see and it was +150c. right beside a crashed freighter buried in the dirt. and during the firestorm the ground started shaking and a giant worm jumped out of the ground and flew over my head and then some biological horror tentacles rose up out of the ground and started attacking me. i fired back and then and some sentinels showed up to tell me who’s boss. killed the sentinels and found a totally empty trading post which got attacked by pirates and then another fire storm hit and another giant worm showed up. all of that happened in about 5 minutes lol

i think im gonna build a base here

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
finished up Death of the Outsider and all the cheevos

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

MrQueasy posted:

man, I just like looking at myself

purple rupee, honey. for a silver u can pick whichever side u want ;-*

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

wait did you fuse one of the hudson signs to a shield?

Rhondson is trying to get rid of the surplus in the supply closet. I’m just doing her a favor.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1HRYrO1Gw

Lmao

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

fart simpson posted:

i just landed on a frozen planet that was like -100c and within a minute a firestorm hit and i could barely see and it was +150c. right beside a crashed freighter buried in the dirt. and during the firestorm the ground started shaking and a giant worm jumped out of the ground and flew over my head and then some biological horror tentacles rose up out of the ground and started attacking me. i fired back and then and some sentinels showed up to tell me who’s boss. killed the sentinels and found a totally empty trading post which got attacked by pirates and then another fire storm hit and another giant worm showed up. all of that happened in about 5 minutes lol

i think im gonna build a base here

awesome

i wish there was more to do with the buried freighters though. i haven't played in a few updates, have they added interiors other than the big ol cargo bay?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao Fallout76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

well sure wasn't expecting to randomly stumble on one of the biggest late game main quest surprises in totk :stare:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao Fallout76

lmao @ this undead karen

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

quiggy posted:

well sure wasn't expecting to randomly stumble on one of the biggest late game main quest surprises in totk :stare:

not sure which spoiler you're talking about, but I do think that doing the dragon tears out of order is a minefield

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

The Fool posted:

not sure which spoiler you're talking about, but I do think that doing the dragon tears out of order is a minefield

enh, the story is pretty lame, so it’s not much of a plot twist… more of a slight tweak

once time travel and ganon puppets I don’t remember anything that approaches “surprising”

I probably read too much

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Fool posted:

I was specifically referring to (major spoilers) the fifth sage and spirit temple

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MrQueasy posted:

enh, the story is pretty lame, so it’s not much of a plot twist… more of a slight tweak

once time travel and ganon puppets I don’t remember anything that approaches “surprising”

I probably read too much

Lol + the only big major is the very last one.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

I was specifically referring to (major spoilers) the fifth sage and spirit temple

but there are seven stone marks on the cave art from the beginning… so after the first regional disturbance, I assumed 4 sages + rauru meant 2 more unaccounted for… then we see Sonia with one, so there’s one unaccounted for, and at least one character in the sage cutscenes who is not named but wearing sage gear. plus it CANT be Zelda because she has hers when she time travels, so she has Raurus

my complaints with the fifth sage is that it’s kindof a nothingburger development. you get a slow platform for bullet timing off of, and plot development that was mostly redundant to the Tears quest. plus I think she lags the game more when she appears in your fov.

I may be overly critical because she kept preventing me from Lynel mounting in the coliseum

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The PC Games Show was whatever the but outtakes include the host basically making GBS threads his pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzaH3801WY&t=11293s

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

The PC Games Show was whatever the but outtakes include the host basically making GBS threads his pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzaH3801WY&t=11293s

wow

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i will grant that the reward from The Thing is kinda underwhelming--conceptually very cool but in practice kinda finicky and awkward--but goddamn what a thing to stumble on with no idea it was there

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I started Diablo 4, it’s pretty fun: a good balance of engaging and mindless and the art style so far is more correct imo (I thought Diablo 3 looked a little cartoony)

Nothing really surprising there, but I did run into something interesting. When I went to make a character, all of the models were black. I thought this was a really interesting choice: is the protagonist canonically black? (you can do a lot of character customization include race gender etc, these are just the defaults) That’s pretty unusual. Then I wondered if it somehow tried to guess my race (but was wrong) and did it based on that?

I looked it up and I think it’s actually a bug. A bunch of people reported it and others are saying “you’re crazy it’s all random”, there are enough posts to make me think that no it isn’t random something is wrong.

The posters reaction to it though (accusations of “black washing” and the woke kind virus abound) was pretty depressing :(

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

ADINSX posted:

I started Diablo 4, it’s pretty fun: a good balance of engaging and mindless and the art style so far is more correct imo (I thought Diablo 3 looked a little cartoony)

Nothing really surprising there, but I did run into something interesting. When I went to make a character, all of the models were black. I thought this was a really interesting choice: is the protagonist canonically black? (you can do a lot of character customization include race gender etc, these are just the defaults) That’s pretty unusual. Then I wondered if it somehow tried to guess my race (but was wrong) and did it based on that?

I looked it up and I think it’s actually a bug. A bunch of people reported it and others are saying “you’re crazy it’s all random”, there are enough posts to make me think that no it isn’t random something is wrong.

The posters reaction to it though (accusations of “black washing” and the woke kind virus abound) was pretty depressing :(

the witch doctor is canonically white as hell

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jenny Agutter posted:

i just played the demo for lies of p for half an hour and i still cant believe its a real game

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Just saw mention of an upcoming game on a Youtube

Lies of Pee

<thought> Ah, a Squirt Truther

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
nephromancy is an underdeveloped genre

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

quiggy posted:

i will grant that the reward from The Thing is kinda underwhelming--conceptually very cool but in practice kinda finicky and awkward--but goddamn what a thing to stumble on with no idea it was there

It's just cool that they did it, but you can tell they had to restrain themselves from redefining the gameplay loop with it. I hope they use the DLC as an opportunity to make it stand out more

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
They should have made it a power fantasy on rails that you cant use outside the story and tied it into the final fight imo i could have done without that whole section

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had the most hilarious thing happen on the last mission of Death of the Outsider.

you start off at an area with some buildings and 3 hounds, 2 patrolling and 1 asleep. I threw a couple of non-lethal hook mines off a nearby roof to take care of them, snagging the first 2. the 3rd ran off down the pathway to another location.

then I heard a gunshot. which was a bit weird, although I knew that there is a scripted bit with 3 human characters at the next set of buildings you encounter down the way a bit. normally you stumble across an argument and one guy shoots another, leaning a guy and a woman to talk about stuff.

after I explored the first area, I snuck along got the second. there's a dead hound, 2 dead dudes, and the woman just chilling by herself. I'd love to know exactly what happens because I was lol for real when I wandered up and saw that.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

been playing a lot of BATTLETECH (2018) withe the BTA3062 mod lately

it's good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

still on my Enter the Gungeon kick, but i've just been introduced to Voidigo which is apparently the result of "crossing Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, and Ren & Stimpy"

giving it a try soon as i've had a wheede. seems like that kind of game lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

man those gloom hands are total assholes, idk how to deal them other than “have lots of bomb flowers”

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that's usually how i handled them, but apparently puffshrooms are also super effective. haven't tried em on gloom hands myself but i have on a shitload of bokoblins with their boss, and the results were a real lol

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 13, 2023

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

noted, thanks!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Captain Foo posted:

been playing a lot of BATTLETECH (2018) withe the BTA3062 mod lately

it's good

Ya but the fact u cant save mid mission anymore kills me the rounds last like 1-2 hours

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I had to stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

man those gloom hands are total assholes, idk how to deal them other than “have lots of bomb flowers”

Freezing them worked well for me, also using gibdo bones with your arrows to kill each hand as soon as possible