Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ap on rageblade is coming back baby, league is good again, awooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Patch is up, assassin and adc rework

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

Patch is up, assassin and adc rework

Currently looks like anyone who uses Guinsoo's got a massive boost in effectiveness, with Kog dominating the top slot for ADCs for the first time in forever. The surprising secondary winner is people who can make use of Stormrazor like Jhin and Jinx, since it has a solid build path, gives a good mix of stats, has some poke potential for midgame skirmishes, and has a frankly invaluable MS boost for all the immobile ADCs that lost out on early Galeforce.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That is a severe nerf to Maw of Malmortius.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

feels really weird seeing kraken slayer after building a mythic. it feels like a bug even though consciously i know its been demoted to a legendary.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Lads you'll be shocked to hear this but Viego seems to be bugged again

I guess it's counting me as buying every control ward I ever had in my inventory from my inventory changing via body snatches?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I started playing again this year after a 2 year break.
(And this thread sure moves slower than it used to back then.)

I've had a "streak" of 43 games in ranked where in all my wins I had 0-3 deaths and in all my losses I had 4-7 deaths. Finally ended with a 4 death win. (Game before the streak was a 9 death loss.)
Thank you for coming to my Dave talk.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Welcome back Dave

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

You think it moves more slowly but that's just because of the weekend meta.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Current version of Shiv is loving hilarious. Don't know about regular games but it slaps in ARAM on both ad and ap. On Leblanc you can proc it 3 times quickly; start the fight at full charge so you can begin with a shiv, do a dash to almost fully charge it since it counts as movement, shiv people, mimic the dash and do it again.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mindblast posted:

Current version of Shiv is loving hilarious. Don't know about regular games but it slaps in ARAM on both ad and ap. On Leblanc you can proc it 3 times quickly; start the fight at full charge so you can begin with a shiv, do a dash to almost fully charge it since it counts as movement, shiv people, mimic the dash and do it again.

Don't worry they're buffing it again

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

:sickos:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I’ve only managed to build it once in aram because games end too fast but ludens/rabadon/lich bane/shiv on veigar is hilarious because you’ll clear the entire wave instantly or auto somebody for two thousand damage instantly, everybody should try it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I built it on Sivir and was stunned at how much poke damage it can do if the enemy team is even close to the wave.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think they may have just possibly overcompensated Ivern when they spread his buff sharing to everyone, give him a try before next patch nerfs him.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think they may have just possibly overcompensated Ivern when they spread his buff sharing to everyone, give him a try before next patch nerfs him.

He's by far the strongest char rn

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Coca Koala posted:

I’ve only managed to build it once in aram because games end too fast but ludens/rabadon/lich bane/shiv on veigar is hilarious because you’ll clear the entire wave instantly or auto somebody for two thousand damage instantly, everybody should try it.

hilariously, phreak revealed that he straight up did not think about ARAM at all when designing new shiv, which is what led to the first week of veigar building it, autoattacking the wave, and causing the enemy team to lose 1/3rd of their HP

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wish so hard we could get ACTUAL ARAM balance stuff but I understand why it's not a priority.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RBX posted:

I wish so hard we could get ACTUAL ARAM balance stuff but I understand why it's not a priority.

They've been trying it out in bits and pieces with stuff like individually lengthening the cooldowns on Veigar's W or Ashe's W, but there's some kits that are simply too good or too poo poo to function with ARAM's format without being severely warped. There's no real getting around the fact that Seraphine needs to explode in a quarter second for her to not massively tilt the game in her favor.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcaEysgCZa0

as a varus main: hell yeah

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh thank god it finally happened. Only took them, what, 5 years?

Maybe at this rate they'll finally have people stop referencing summoners sometime next decade!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Oh thank god it finally happened. Only took them, what, 5 years?

Maybe at this rate they'll finally have people stop referencing summoners sometime next decade!

but then how will i know my darkness beckons

strong bird
May 12, 2009

how many gay archers is varus now

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

strong bird posted:

how many gay archers is varus now

We still do not actually know how Valmer, Kai, or Varus identify as (beyond Varus identifying as, like, vengeance incarnate.)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

varus finally gets to respond to the shade aatrox throws for being a bow

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The archers could, in fact, be bisexual.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

if varus is three archers and they are all bisexual, that means he is 1.5 gay archers if my math is correct

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lmao. This is gonna get good.

Maybe they'll just disable it in aram or something.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

that guys so many gay archers!

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

As a varus main: meh

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIWsch7cumQ

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSAyTmw0Lc
Gameplay video, if you've ever had to hold a lane against a fed Yorick and he just hits you with E once and you died to his ghouls jumping you under tower, you probably know what's coming.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
honestly i wasn't expecting a dog outright but looks cool so sure why not

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

https://youtube.com/shorts/duTyr_XLRYY?feature=share3

Can't believe League is good now.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Is there a way to queue as a specific hero?

Could've swore that was a thing a few years back, but I can't figure out how now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

No, and I don't remember there ever being. That was a Heroes of the Storm thing.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, yeah that makes sense.

Got to say chat seems more mellow now. People were actually nice in the first AI match I played.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Donnerberg posted:

Is there a way to queue as a specific hero?

Could've swore that was a thing a few years back, but I can't figure out how now.

They're I think pushing a feature like this to the pbe in the next patch, so at some point it's supposed to be a thing

You might be thinking of team builder where you did that, but that's was like a decade ago lol

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

That was it, team builder! Thanks for confirming that my memory isn't as awful as I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I believe Wild Rift has something like this, where you punch in your ban & draft and it arranges a match where your chosen hero isn't banned.

Personally I think it's kind of a lousy idea that undercuts the importance of drafting, but time is a premium for mobile games.