Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, I have no idea why people freak out over Sidon having a wife now. The Zoras live near the PLOYmus Mountain, take the hint. The fish king can have a queen and a boyfriend, everybody wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
His name shoulda been Tridon

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Did the Zora main content finally, reveal of Sidon’s statue was one of the best laughs in this game

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Just bought a Switch and TotK, having not owned a Nintendo console since the N64. The controls are taking some getting used to (I keep hitting LZ/RZ instead of L and R), but I'm having a blast with it so far.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Does doing all of signpost man's signposts have an ending of sorts. Don't care about the reward. I just want to see him happy.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Sony and Nintendo would both do well to copy the Xbox button naming scheme

Maybe triangle square is fine but bumper, trigger, stick are way better than L1 L2 L3 or ZL ZR R L

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, I have no idea why people freak out over Sidon having a wife now. The Zoras live near the PLOYmus Mountain, take the hint. The fish king can have a queen and a boyfriend, everybody wins!

Everyone's horny for Link, yet Link just wants to run around and kill monsters. This conflict is the heart of the Zelda games.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, I have no idea why people freak out over Sidon having a wife now.

Because I want to nail his wife

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Benagain posted:

Everyone's horny for Link, yet Link just wants to run around, kill monsters, collect ridiculous amounts of stuff and wear pretty clothes. This conflict is the heart of the Zelda games.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Benagain posted:

Everyone's horny for Link, yet Link just wants to run around and kill monsters. This conflict is the heart of the Zelda games.

The cowards who make Horizon games couldn’t stick to the same for Aloy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr Christmas posted:

Early-ish in my playthrough, I came upon a Stalnox while low on arrows. I managed to finish it off with some thrown items. Somehow during that time, I was able to dislodge its eye and kill it. Shortly after, I was unfortunate enough to wander into another one, before stocking up as much as I should have. I used the same strategy, but I was unable to dislodge its eye as it was at low health, and apparently that last sliver can only be taken out if you destroy the eye. Eventually my focus lapsed and I had to fight it again and be more careful with my supplies.

So is there a method to dislodging the eye without arrows? I'm not in danger of making the same mistake again, I just want to know.

When it's low on health hang around it's legs until it tries to sit on you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tulin will dislodge that eye

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bruceski posted:

You missed? How did you miss? I sat there away from it holding R and after a while you just stop getting closer to the ground, and I could still just go sideways to finish it.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Personally, I fail every one of these challenges the first time in this and BotW, because the prompt always starts flashing in the exact way to make me think I'm supposed to start button mashing, and then I lose because I let go of the button :suicide:

That's exactly what happened to me

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Nihonniboku posted:

That's exactly what happened to me

:same:

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

How many times did I fail drawing the Master Sword because at one point you are supposed to re-press the button and I kept thinking that every time the camera refocused on Link you were supposed to re-press again?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Bleck posted:

Because I want to nail his wife

Still can't believe they made a fish lady and named her YONA. Sidon should change his name to Phallo.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Why do the depths have those ascend points that lead to the middle of nowhere? Most of them seem like that.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Steve Yun posted:

Pro tip: take photos of any maps you see on walls in the game. They’re actually useful. For example Outskirts Stable has this handy map of all the Satori trees just hanging on the wall:

thank you for this

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

snoremac posted:

Why do the depths have those ascend points that lead to the middle of nowhere? Most of them seem like that.

I’ve only found one that was helpful so far. Very disappointing. They’re also all lit up and look like they should have treasure or something.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Bruceski posted:

You missed one.
Ring Ruins, get the Master Sword, and beat Kogha to find out where the Demon King is because "in the big honking hole under the castle" is apparently too difficult to figure out.

I legitimately saw people going 'It's not obvious where Ganondorf is this time around' near launch and I have to wonder how their brains work. Literally the first place I thought to look, especially since you see him fall down there in the intro.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Finale question

Does the flurry barrage ever work against Ganon’s 2.5 phase? I dodge, I flurry him, he dodges, then I try to dodge/flurry his counterattack but I could never flurry/dodge the second round. Does the game not let you flurry him at all or do I need to practice the timing?

Ended up bombing him to death. Bombfruit has been clutch this whole game.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 13, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

And in a sequel, I would like a better balance between dungeons and shrines. It seems like the developers grew tired of making the shrines, given that, what, 30, or 40 of them are just Rauru's blessing?

Not really about this comment in particular, but i've seen a couple of similar comments before as well.

I don't get how Rauru's blessings don't "count" as puzzle shrines. The puzzles are just outside the shrine as opposed to inside the shrine. Sometimes the puzzle is combat. Which also happens inside the shrine.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dH3HrUjWy8

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Steve Yun posted:

Finale question

Does the flurry barrage ever work against Ganon’s 2.5 phase? I dodge, I flurry him, he dodges, then I try to dodge/flurry his counterattack but I could never flurry/dodge the second round. Does the game not let you flurry him at all or do I need to practice the timing?

I believe you can. I’m pretty sure I did but I can’t remember. I plan on doing it again anyway because I need his first form picture for kilton

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Steve Yun posted:

Finale question

You can counter flurry his flurry yes. It's some tight timing, but it feels great to pull off.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Cirina posted:

You can counter flurry his flurry yes. It's some tight timing, but it feels great to pull off.

Should I dodge before or right when I hear his foot land

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Steve Yun posted:

Finale question

You can. It regularly turns into a flurry rush version of dead man's volley, but it'll work eventually.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Speaking of propellers- I did the shrine that introduces them and now I would really like to find a gacha machine to get some - where the heck do I find them?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

LeafyGreens posted:

Was calmly walking around a random cool looking ruin on the surface in the evening, then looked up.
“Huh, why is the sky red?”
Left hand side of the screen juuuust catches a hand while it is speeding towards me to squeeze me to death.
“Oh gently caress--“

Best horror game 2023

At some point the scales tip completely and you will be hunting the Gloom Hands.

Still scary AF when they sneak up on you though.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Anyway final battle gauntlet was thrilling

Ganon perfect dodging you back was a good middle finger to the player. Taking your hearts away permanently was a great knife twist. Making Ganon’s first phase feel like a breeze was a good setup for the surprises in the later phases. Good times.

good use of aerial mechanics and dragon hopping introduced in this game, although never having to worry about stamina took away a lot of the sense of danger

I almost let Zelda fall to her death because I didn’t register that it said (press a to reach for Zelda HOLD) and tried to lift and repress a

Edit: I can’t remember, did BOTW drop you into post-finale or pre-finale if you continued after beating Calamity Ganon

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Post game dicking around:

The point of no return is when you land on the red tree root ledge where Ganon summons his army to fight you. You can still warp out if you’re inches above the red ledge

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I wonder, can you fuse a stalnox eye?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I wonder, can you fuse a stalnox eye?

The Ultimate Homing Arrow

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Edit: I can’t remember, did BOTW drop you into post-finale or pre-finale if you continued after beating Calamity Ganon

Pre-finale, but with map and quest completion trackers added, and you could get the Kilton medals.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dr Christmas posted:

Early-ish in my playthrough, I came upon a Stalnox while low on arrows. I managed to finish it off with some thrown items. Somehow during that time, I was able to dislodge its eye and kill it. Shortly after, I was unfortunate enough to wander into another one, before stocking up as much as I should have. I used the same strategy, but I was unable to dislodge its eye as it was at low health, and apparently that last sliver can only be taken out if you destroy the eye. Eventually my focus lapsed and I had to fight it again and be more careful with my supplies.

So is there a method to dislodging the eye without arrows? I'm not in danger of making the same mistake again, I just want to know.

It doesn’t seem like anyone answered this one. When it does its butt stomp move while low on health, the eye pops out.

Edit: I found every cave and fed Koltin every Bubbul Gem. I have four wells left and like 50-60 lightroots. Then I guess I’ll kill Ganondorf? I’m not going to get every Korok seed unless they release DLC that gives me a motorcycle like in the previous game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Speaking of propellers- I did the shrine that introduces them and now I would really like to find a gacha machine to get some - where the heck do I find them?

Sadly you can't, the only way to get them is to smuggle them out attached to weapons and shields or via autobuild

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CainFortea posted:

Not really about this comment in particular, but i've seen a couple of similar comments before as well.

I don't get how Rauru's blessings don't "count" as puzzle shrines. The puzzles are just outside the shrine as opposed to inside the shrine. Sometimes the puzzle is combat. Which also happens inside the shrine.

If the puzzle is outside the shrine give me the treasure chest and the spirit orb outside the shrine, don't make me go through all those cutscenes and loading screens.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I agree that the loading screens are annoying. But I also feel a deep sense of relief when a shrine turns out to be rauru after I load in because I'm very lazy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't mind those ones when it's something cool to do, like the gemstone ones. When the puzzle is just "walk into a cave", it starts to feel more like :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The problem also is Rauru shrines are the most hidden and last ones you are likely to find. So of the last twenty I got like 17 were Rauru shrines, 10 of those were crystal transporting. It was very repetitive