Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cactus posted:

Zelda's good because it is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

You’re right. Dark Souls 2 fans always appreciated here. Bapanada of the curse

Bearer, seek seek Bapanada

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Zombie Guy posted:

Bearer, seek seek Bapanada

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m getting some hollow knight vibes from the new prince of Persia. They’re calling it a semi open world.

https://youtu.be/T3qsC8T42Ag

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

please these people need silksong so bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hitless? she's pretty autocratic but i still think that's a bit strong

e: oh right

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1671155958448529408?s=20

s-surely this tim

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*nods* Shadowdrop.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
danapaba

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Pretty certain microsoft confirmed a while ago it'll be coming to gamepass whenever it comes out, so I still assume it'll show up at a microsoft event before it appears in a nintendo one

I'm still going to hope it's shown here though

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If it was going to pop in a Nintendo one it'd almost definitely be one of their indie-focused events

I understand this was mainly a joke though

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playing HK again since Silksong is surely coming out soon and god drat Soul Master what the gently caress is your problem.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Soul Master was one of the biggest walls when I started playing the game, he owns

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

To use a :darksouls: metaphor, Soul Master felt like the Ornstein & Smough fight. That's where I stalled out until things kinda clicked together.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Zombie Guy posted:

To use a :darksouls: metaphor, Soul Master felt like the Ornstein & Smough fight. That's where I stalled out until things kinda clicked together.

O&S is much much much harder. Soul Master is the first boss where you have to really learn his pattern. But once you have it he's pretty easy. Everything is slow and telegraphed.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Some time in the future: remember when Nintendo announced the Super Nintendo Switch on June 21st, 2023 with Silksong preloaded?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Waltzing Along posted:

O&S is much much much harder. Soul Master is the first boss where you have to really learn his pattern. But once you have it he's pretty easy. Everything is slow and telegraphed.
Soul Master isn't too bad but doing Soul Tyrant right after hosed me up for a while

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

The fight that seemed the most obviously meant as an homage to Ornstein and Smough was the God Tamer, but... is it just me, or was the God Tamer really easy? Like, I fought them for the first time during a run in Godhome, and I beat them first try without even knowing their whole deal beforehand. I kinda felt like their attacks didn't harmonize and complicate one another quite like Ornstein and Smough are known to do.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If it were much harder it would be supremely unfair coming off the tail end of the long trial beforehand. They're definitely not much when fought in a vacuum but you gotta take that into consideration.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Yeah, God Tamer kinda has to be really easy to not be complete bullshit, given where and when you encounter them.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Fair. I guess I would have liked to see the Tamer have a little more variety of attacks; they could have added some without making it too hard. The God had some nasty ones that were difficult, and they would have been more interesting with the Tamer messing with you.

But then, I'm not the best at video games, so my definition of "too easy" is, "If I can beat it, it's too easy. :v:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was like sweating bullets when God Tamer showed up lol

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Guys guys guys..... what if "bapanada" is actually a racial slur, and Iselda is despondent because this loving bapanada is in her shop. Probably just to hit on her and steal all the map pins as soon as she's not looking

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It all has to do with intonation, like Smurfese.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ceyton posted:

Guys guys guys..... what if "bapanada" is actually a racial slur, and Iselda is despondent because this loving bapanada is in her shop. Probably just to hit on her and steal all the map pins as soon as she's not looking

...Bapanada :wiggle:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ceyton posted:

what zero silksong does to a mf

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsofts-next-indie-focused-idxbox-showcase-scheduled-for-july

It's an MS one at least...

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Ceyton posted:

Wait until you find out what Hornet is really saying when she says "git gud"

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Guys, I can't wait to start playing Silksong right after this Direct. That's happening right?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why do y'all keep doing this poo poo to yourselves

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This thread has major Waiting for Godot energy

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
What are you talking about? Nobody’s waiting for godhome, that dlc was released years ago and is part of the complete voidheart edition

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Torquemadras posted:

This thread has major Waiting for Godot energy

lol i thought this was an obscure ace attorney reference but wow that's a real play

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

barclayed posted:

lol i thought this was an obscure ace attorney reference but wow that's a real play

They... they reference the play in regards to the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
He's one of the few Ace Attorney characters with the same name in Japanese and English specifically because it's a reference.

Anyway I'm pretty sure most people are joking but there's no way they would have entered Apology Tweet Mode if the game was coming out in 2023.