Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Sinatrapod posted:

Rend build owns, plus it feels cathartic for Conan to ride up to a demon, slice it's femoral artery and then traipse off to pick a flower while it gushes out it's HP and runs impotently after him.

Rend Barbs are the one class I basically cannot reliably murder in pvp because of this. Just bleed and run and there's no way I can burst a barb down in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wait, is there PVP on this game? Is it like in D3?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Wait, is there PVP on this game? Is it like in D3?

There are a couple zones dedicated to pvp yeah. Its a free for all where anyone can be attacked at any time once you enter.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Whats up with the butcher, the rogue I abandoned at level 15 had it spawn in two dungeons back to back while my druid who I played for 50 hours and finished the main story with didn't see it a single time. Ever.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

butcher knows who not to gently caress with

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wanna make a good frenzy build when I get off. Saw a nice one on YouTube I wanna tweak. I've been using HotA and it's been two shotting easily but frenzy has always been my fave. Just got into WT3.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

flashman posted:

I am trying to collect up items to try and make blizzard work somehow. It has a high lucky hit chance it seems so maybe there's some proc options like that, I am still unclear though on what the 45 percent means. Is that 45 percent of hits or of crits?
It's 45% divided across the 8 seconds it does damage lol

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

FrickenMoron posted:

Whats up with the butcher, the rogue I abandoned at level 15 had it spawn in two dungeons back to back while my druid who I played for 50 hours and finished the main story with didn't see it a single time. Ever.

:xcom:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Can’t hear you over the sound of all this phat loot.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Last nights lag and rubber banding on PS5 was horrible. Are they doing anything to address this?

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

How many uniques are people finding? I’m at 65 on my necromancer and have only found one, the gloves that turn CE into skeletons that run at enemies. Been playing on T4 since level 60 and still nothing!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
got mad at act 2 boss, started a necro instead even though i was originally saving it for season 1 / whenever i feel safe to hardcore, and frankly shouldn't have saved it at all

harrowhark nonagesimus bone necro plays and feels great, and my skeleton friends aren't amazing but they provide a bit of passive damage and ablative armor, and that's fine too

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i'm sad they put the kibosh on fire druid because that was one of my d2 favorites, but when i get to it i'm going to try to make lightning druid work

if it already works well then great, less effort for me

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Schwawa posted:

How many uniques are people finding? I’m at 65 on my necromancer and have only found one, the gloves that turn CE into skeletons that run at enemies. Been playing on T4 since level 60 and still nothing!

So many that I sell most of them now. Over 40 I would say

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Since bleed barb talk came up a bit ago, do bleeds/DoTs in general snapshot damage bonuses/vuln status when they’re applied or is damage dynamic?

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Argh, I still can't even follow this thread, I just barely know what you guys are talking about at any given time.

I feel like I'm fundamentally playing a different game than most people. I'm not really thinking about the postgame at all, I'm just kinda playing this as I'd play any other video game. I just beat Act 1 last night, despite playing since release lol. I just keep getting distracted by sidequests and world events and dungeons! I see people saying to beeline the campaign and I'm trying to weigh it up in my head -- it'd be cool to experience the "real" game fresh at release with everyone else, but I dunno if I'm gonna be the kinda guy that runs endless Rifts or whatever, and I'm really, really enjoying Diablo 4 at a nice sedate pace, taking in all the sights and meeting all the people and doing all their quests.

But I dunno what the heck is going on with my gear yet, still mostly going with whatever has the biggest numbers. I had a really nice Legendary Bow with a good aspect, but I don't know how to strip off the aspect now that I've outgrown the bow, and I don't know when it would be worth bothering putting it on a different weapon anyway, given that I'm constantly changing out for new gear. Also wondering if the leveling system is gonna fall apart, since I'm already like level 29. Feels like signs from the game that I'm doing it wrong. :(

You are doing it the right way imho. The best part of the game, currently, happens right up until you finish the campaign. It is good afterwards still, but some aspects are either unfinished or need tweaking. There hasn't even really been a major patch yet, just day 1 and a string of hotfixes. Honestly, it feels a lot like D2 at launch, particularly with class balance. Anyway, I'd recommend just cruising along as you are. You play through for the First time only once. You can worry about speed running later.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

There are a couple zones dedicated to pvp yeah. Its a free for all where anyone can be attacked at any time once you enter.

Ooh nice to know, thanks!

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Schwawa posted:

On a related note, I really hope they add some low level uniques. Things like Tarnhelm, Eye of Etlich and such.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Blacktooth posted:

On a related note, I really hope they add some low level uniques. Things like Tarnhelm, Eye of Etlich and such.

there's at least 1. the butcher's cleaver

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

The true quest reward is the fraction of a percent of total renown needed for the region.

20 renown out of 2000 is actually precisely 1%.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

That Little Demon posted:

So many that I sell most of them now. Over 40 I would say

Yeah at this point I'm looking for uniques that roll good. I think there's a minion based necro ring that I haven't gotten yet which would be cool.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Schwawa posted:

12 uniques dropped, currently level 70. 3 were Mother’s Embrace, thanks blizz!

T4 will level you really quickly from 60 to 70 FYI; my number may be high because I maxed renown in T3 and was not leveling quickly at that time.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

coelomate posted:

12 uniques dropped, currently level 70. 3 were Mother’s Embrace, thanks blizz!

T4 will level you really quickly from 60 to 70 FYI; my number may be high because I maxed renown in T3 and was not leveling quickly at that time.

I’ve been finding levelling to be pretty slow post 50 honestly, even on t4. Although I’ve mostly been chipping away at renown for the paragon points which is probably not the most xp efficient way to go

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I find it funny that some posters here got batshit hysterical when they heard about respec requiring more and more gold- the estimated cost for a lvl 100 full respec is 400000 gold, an insignificant sum even 50 levels lower

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kawabata posted:

I find it funny that some posters here got batshit hysterical when they heard about respec requiring more and more gold- the estimated cost for a lvl 100 full respec is 400000 gold, an insignificant sum even 50 levels lower

My barbarian is 31 and I have like 350000 gold already

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
It's funny hearing people calling renown a grind, I'm having a lot of fun running around exploring the map and doing sidequests, at least for the first time. I find dungeons more boring. I know a bunch of people have ARPG brain, but it's insane to me that some people are just running the same dungeon over and over to level a little bit faster. Why not just literally play cookie clicker at that point.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

It's funny hearing people calling renown a grind, I'm having a lot of fun running around exploring the map and doing sidequests, at least for the first time. I find dungeons more boring. I know a bunch of people have ARPG brain, but it's insane to me that some people are just running the same dungeon over and over to level a little bit faster. Why not just literally play cookie clicker at that point.

also funny story - a while back there was this game called Diablo 2, where people enjoyed playing a single small map like the chaos sanctuary, or running one boss like mephisto, over and over and over for hours. And kept doing it for decades.

In a shocking twist, those players also play Diablo 4!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm currently riding around uncovering the map and it's a hoot. Getting to see the sights, spotting goblins doing whatever seems interesting at the time.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I miss when big games would get their own subforum for a bit because this seems like it needs about a thread for each class and one for general questions.

I think I'm going to try Penetrating Shot Rogue today if I can stomach spending an hour reconfiguring my skills, paragon board, aspects, etc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kawabata posted:

Respeccing skill points is trivial, it's resetting equipment + aspects + paragon boards that become super expensive and time-consuming.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The only part of the rogue that really sucks is that there's only 1 good basic skill and the rest are kind of just there.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

I miss when big games would get their own subforum for a bit because this seems like it needs about a thread for each class and one for general questions.

I think I'm going to try Penetrating Shot Rogue today if I can stomach spending an hour reconfiguring my skills, paragon board, aspects, etc.

Agreed on the first point; I just rolled a second Druid to your second point so I can better compartmentalize experimental builds lol. 1 Stormy Druid, 1 Shifty Druid.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kawabata posted:

Yeah it's almost like the original dev quote stated that we would have to roll a new character if we experimented with too many builds and then Blizz walked it back.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

that's pretty much what a lot of these ARPGs are which is why these people screech so hard whenever a game tries something that's a little different than running the same hallway until your brain leaks out of your ears.

like i said before i hope that seasonal content/mechanics utilize the open world and that seasonal events take place in the open world as well.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My favorite part of the World Events is how my screen is perpetually just a cloud of black smoke and I can't see a loving thing

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Respeccing skill points is trivial, it's resetting equipment + aspects + paragon boards that become super expensive and time-consuming.

It takes some forward planning to respec just because of aspects. I've been saving up trap aspects in case I want to switch from shadow imbue to poison or death trap. Not to mention I might want different affixes altogether.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Blighted corpse explosion is fun but yeah I had to drop it because it made everything a foggy mess.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bussamove posted:

Since bleed barb talk came up a bit ago, do bleeds/DoTs in general snapshot damage bonuses/vuln status when they’re applied or is damage dynamic?

Yes it goes by whatever you had bussin at application.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Sab669 posted:

My favorite part of the World Events is how my screen is perpetually just a cloud of black smoke and I can't see a loving thing

It's absurd that the Necro smoke got through their playtesting. You'd think someone would have noticed 1/3 of the screen was unreadable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
something extremely funny is that certain beefy/large enemies have a minimum turning radius, so if you're standing to the side of them just right they will literally run circles around you, unable to turn to hit you. It's especially noticeable on those giant cannibals with the two spiked clubs, but some oversized balrogs can get struck by this. there's a "very rare" cannibal that starts off in an ice prison on the far west edge of fractured peaks in the long winding mountain path that you can rig into doing this just by being on his left side before he breaks out of his prison. he drops a guaranteed rare with +ice damage +ice res and +thorns (if you care about that)

On the topic of 'very rare' monsters they all have a specific rare item with guaranteed stats. if you see a little white pulsing symbol on your minimap that's just a marker for 'hey go here and kill a guy'. most of their rare drops aren't that great tho but there is an achievo for killing like 8 of them or something

Sloober fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jun 13, 2023