Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*tears in my eyes*

wake up mr west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

let's assume for a moment that mcmagic is right, that Cornel West's campaign is not going to even come close to having the kind of reach that Bernie 2016/2020 did

so what? why would it be a problem that he's trying, even if you knew for a fact that the attempt isn't going to work?

I don't think it's a problem that he's trying. It's fine. My only issue with him is doing it with TPP.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Brother Cornel can get it

Once you go West...

Man is firmly committed to no pre-marital sex.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!

mcmagic posted:

I don't think it's a problem that he's trying. It's fine. My only issue with him is doing it with TPP.

which party would u prefer he run with

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

croup coughfield posted:

Green party and they have ballot access. TPP isn't even really a party.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

not with that attitude!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

If he ran in the Democratic primary he would get way more attention for himself and his ideas, I think that would be better

And if he ran in the GOP primary it would be really funny and he would still get more attention

If he's gonna run with a party that basically doesn't exist he might as well just start his own Black Prophetic Fire Party

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Civilized Fishbot posted:

If he ran in the Democratic primary he would get way more attention for himself and his ideas, I think that would be better

And if he ran in the GOP primary it would be funnier and he would still get more attention

It doesn't really matter unless he can get into a debate with Biden or Trump which I think is unlikely.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't really matter unless he can get into a debate with Biden or Trump which I think is unlikely.

He would maximize his probability of doing this by running as a Republican, I think with enough money and Jesus talk he could meet the debate requirements

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't really matter

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

cornel west is bringing exciting new ideas to the marketplace

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

cornel west is bringing exciting new ideas to the marketplace

somehow this marketplace is a cartel or monoply depending on location, strange how that happened

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He would maximize his probability of doing this by running as a Republican, I think with enough money and Jesus talk he could meet the debate requirements

Cornel West in a republican debate would be the most entertaining thing of this election cycle by far unless Biden dies on stage or Trump runs from prison.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lots of people itt having a problem with a black man running :thunk:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mcmagic posted:

fondly remembering how I had to write in howie hawkins because he was stricken from the ballot in the state I was living in, by the democrats, lol

anyway a vote that isn’t for cornel west is a vote for trump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PSL also doesn't show up as a party in most states

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I can register for the Peoples Party on the fl voter registration site

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

every american election is goebbels vs goring, you may as well pick someone who isnt one of those

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Oh. So a black man needs to be green to prove his worth to you? Typical racism you'd expect to see from cspam.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

“My father sees one color: green” - mcmagic about his dad, Donald Trump

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

he is going to lose badly and change nothing. who cares! let him have fun

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*tears in my eyes*

wake up mr west

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

john fetterthread

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Woke Mind Virus posted:

he is going to lose badly and change nothing. who cares! let him have fun

hopefully he'll at least successfully grift some donor cash out of this

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I see there are 80 new posts in this thread. I hope that, in this time, everyone has learned to be better, kinder people who no longer permit the bigotry of people like "Cornel" West.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

someone please buy me the same avatar I have but with Cornel West's head superimposed over Barry Wood's

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Looks like he's running Green now.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

So will you vote for him?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Weka posted:

So will you vote for him?

Yeah i'll vote for him.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/jacobin/status/1668679629908107264?t=fH80Dr_6yQI2XfMEwP3iKA&s=19

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mcmagic posted:

why not both

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fart simpson posted:

why not both

Because the people's party is a net negative.... in addition to not being a real party.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

Because the people's party is a net negative.... in addition to not being a real party.

more like the Peepee Party amirite

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I don't like the Greens but they're a step up from Jimmy Dore And His Whack Pack

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mcmagic posted:

a net negative to what

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

a net negative to what

Being Based.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

so it's been 1 week and this guy is already flip flopping

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted: