Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Teratrain posted:

Do glaives even count as melee? My Glaive Prime works like a loving rocket launcher.

Of course. A bouncing detonation of bullshit is the best kind of melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Still kind of annoying that you can get all of those melee boosting decrees but then at the Orowyrm fight there's a barrier that prevents you from getting close enough to hit the wyrm's rings with melee?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Still kind of annoying that you can get all of those melee boosting decrees but then at the Orowyrm fight there's a barrier that prevents you from getting close enough to hit the wyrm's rings with melee?

also it's completely immune to status effects, so all decrees related to those are useless too. it's a decent fight in a vacuum but a real head-scratcher as the conclusion to a duviri run

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's better than most wf boss fights, at least. the mechanics are mostly straightforward and functional. the problems it does have are mostly in the sp version, where you have to use the awful peashooter against aerial enemies. i really wish they'd let you keep the orvius for that part.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Wasn’t the meta against eidolon joints for a while the redeemer prime

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Blind Duke posted:

Wasn’t the meta against eidolon joints for a while the redeemer prime

"The" meta? No. But it was/is another entry on the list of things that can pop joints in a single shot if you set it up right.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Had to farm some Nuroids (?) from a low level mission on Earth, but Hek construction is underway. 24 hours.

Rhino also under construction, 72 hours, gah...

The construction timer is pretty annoying.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Before long you'll likely have a pile of stuff just sitting in your foundry built but waiting for you to have time/an available arsenal slot to level it, and the timers then become much less of an issue.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Before long you'll likely have a pile of stuff just sitting in your foundry built but waiting for you to have time/an available arsenal slot to level it, and the timers then become much less of an issue.

Yeah, I made a big hammer that I had the blueprint for, and I already had to buy weapon slots in order to claim it. I can see that if I keep playing, this will be the area where they get some of my money. Which honestly isn't a huge deal as I don't mind supporting a developer of a game I enjoy with my wallet, as long as it's reasonable.

I have to say, the hammer feels pretty bad. It one-shots most stuff, but it's just so slow... I much prefer the speed of the dual heat swords that I have maxxed. I can see where the attack speed mod would be something that would be required to maybe make the big hammer feel at least somewhat better.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Oh BTW Mesa's in the non-Steel Path Duviri Circuit rotation right now. Farming her normally requires fighting a boss with a really annoying and grindy entry fee and her Prime's vaulted currently so you might want to go for that if you've got the time, if only just to have her component blueprints (The main blueprint is easy to get, it's bought on the market) and one of her augments.

Truxton fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 12, 2023

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

The Locator posted:

Yeah, I made a big hammer that I had the blueprint for, and I already had to buy weapon slots in order to claim it. I can see that if I keep playing, this will be the area where they get some of my money. Which honestly isn't a huge deal as I don't mind supporting a developer of a game I enjoy with my wallet, as long as it's reasonable.

I have to say, the hammer feels pretty bad. It one-shots most stuff, but it's just so slow... I much prefer the speed of the dual heat swords that I have maxxed. I can see where the attack speed mod would be something that would be required to maybe make the big hammer feel at least somewhat better.

Hammers are great, but they're for a different style of play. The standard run-around-spamming-E melee combat doesn't cut it due to the slow speed indeed. However, hammers tend to pack a ton of damage and some of them with big crit chance/damage. That means that you tend to focus on crit for the build and then mostly rely on the heavy attack (alt-fire button, which by default should be the middle mouse button). There are mods which increase crit chance twice as much for heavy attacks as for normal ones. You don't attack fast, but when you do, you hit hard. I have a Fragor Prime pimped for that and it goes through multiple tiers of crit for hits in the multi-millions of damage.

That said, this is obviously not something you're geared up for yet, so when you use hammers (like for leveling), make sure you abuse the heavy slam attack: jump, aim for your target, press heavy attack. It's a lot quicker to spam than normal attacks, it'll do decent damage, and cause a small aoe which will temporarily cc the mobs around.

On a side note, hammers also have some in-built higher finisher damage multiplier than most weapons (like when you come in the back of a mob undetected and have the X prompt for stealth attack), meaning that in Warframe, a giant two-handed hammer is the stealth assassin's favourite backstabbing implement. :getin:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Atlas can also be a nice pickup since his non prime variant is an archwing boss that can be kinda finicky if you dont have a fitting archgun setup. Even then he still somehow took me 18 attempts :v:

FishMcCool posted:

you could freeze the reactor instead of blowing it up and it involves a mini-defense phase
I usually see a lot of beginners do this and i usually suggest to avoid it since the defense phase takes a lot longer than the variant everyone runs (although it skips the terminal you have to hack on the way out).

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Atlas can also be a nice pickup since his non prime variant is an archwing boss that can be kinda finicky if you dont have a fitting archgun setup. Even then he still somehow took me 18 attempts :v:

I usually see a lot of beginners do this and i usually suggest to avoid it since the defense phase takes a lot longer than the variant everyone runs (although it skips the terminal you have to hack on the way out).

Definitely avoid it on Steel Path, those things disintegrate immediately unless you had a group that was ready for it

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Locator posted:

If you do feel like supporting the devs by eventually buying Platinum, there's a couple things you should know. First, you will get coupons for buying plat as login rewards. I never personally buy plat unless its at least 50% off. If you're lucky, you might even get a 75% off coupon, but those are super rare. I got one when I first started and put like $50 in and it lasted me a WHILE. Of course I pretty much only spent it on slots and other things like Catalysts and Reactors (the things that double warframe/weapon mod capacity).

Also, platinum is tradable to other players, so if you want more plat, but don't want to pay for it. you can always run void fissure missions, crack relics, and sell whatever you get on warframe.market, which is a 3rd party auction house site, but better than AFKing in Maroo's Bazaar waiting for someone to rip you off.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Years behind the curve, I spent some more quality time with Yareli. Random thoughts:

- Indoors Merulina isn't that bad and you get used to it, though some specific tiles can be worse than others. Icy broken corpus ship and ruined Orokin vault tilesets are the worst offenders, though some knee-height pipe entries in underground grineer bases require me to switch to on-foot to climb in.
- Or at least it wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for those effin ceiling kill planes. Seriously, whenever you get a tile where you can pull of a sweet sweet jump and land a slam right at the exit, chances are there's a ceiling kill plane that will reset you. Sometimes they even reset you 8 tiles back, because gently caress you, that's why.
- Transference back from op to Yaerli-on-Merulina is super janky in old-school not-the-host fashion. It mostly works, but if not hosting, I always have a chance to be stuck in op (sometimes invincible) and after a while to be sent to a Mission Failed screen. This doesn't happen if I dismount first, which is stupidly cumbersome.
- Speaking of dodgy host jank, I once found myself bugged for 20s with Merulina skill activating but not. When it finally happened, I was on Merulina with my fully functional Primary Vermisplicer. Occasionally, the Glaive Prime stays in hand too, and parries projectiles (though I can't throw it as it's the same button as dismount).
- Aquablades are a bit weak, and would feel a lot better if one could recast a helminthed Roar from Merulina.
- I can't make sense of the Surging Blades augment. Like I have genuinely no idea what I'd use it for when I pack in a proper secondary, and the setup seems ridiculously convoluted (do you bubble up a high HP mob near you just to aquablade it to pump the surging blade damage on a ranged foe?).
- Sea Snares, with the extra incoming damage on bubbled foes, is insanely good. It works on Kuva Lichs too, which is neato for some not-quite-Sonar-grade-but-still multiplier.
- The Merulina Guardian augment is also a MVP, though it's more of a Sea Snare augment, with the caveat that it only triggers if Merulina has actually taken some damage.
- Haven't really tried minmaxing it, but Riptide is a bit meh. It's a decent-ish Vortex clone, but seems to be los limited. It heavily benefits from range, but the rest of Yareli's kit doesn't really make much of the stat, so it seems like building for it would come at a cost. It's more instant cc than Sea Snares though, so it's situationally handy to have. It'd be the obvious helminth fodder if helminth skills could be used from Merulina, but since they can't, well, I just keep Riptide.
- Shards-wise, with no armour strip break point, red shards aren't that hot, and between Merulina and Adaptation, blue shards don't feel that critical either. So I packed in amber shards for more energy from orbs and more starting energy.
- It's not all frames that pack Pistol Amp and Coaction Drift as aura/exilus. Merulina acting as PSF feels kind of liberating.

On the secondaries I played with:

- 7-forma Sporelacer is my absolute MVP. It shreds everything faster than all my other options, and Merulina acting as PSF means you can use it point-blank. And well, Pax Charge.
- Tenet Cycron is next, only behind because it requires a bit more aiming and doesn't cause as much aoe. Same goes with Kuva Nukor, though I'm partial to the battery-operated Cycron.
- Kuva Brakk is its usual self, but struggles a lot more than the above at mass deletion, so I'm not a fan of it on Yareli since you only get one gun.
- Kompressa, with multishot bug fixed, is an absolute riot. Sure, you miss out on Yareli's passive, due to that 6% base cc, but Bubble Armageddon is totally worth it, and it's one of those few guns where Cascadia Empowered feels like it's competitive with SP arcanes.
- Aegrit are a lot of fun, but suffer from very low max ammo (4), limited multishot (only goes up to 3 bombs at once and that prevents you from throwing the theoretical 4th you should be allowed), and Yareli's complete lack of armour strip. Still, it's fun to skate around as the bomb fairy.

Overall she's in a pretty decent spot imho, and I've taken her to all kinds of SP stuff without any big issue, as long as the secondary packs corrosive and is basically strong enough to brute-force armour. I just wish ceiling kill planes weren't as obnoxious...

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I went back a number of pages and can't find the post I swear I read here....

Is there a way, via my cellphone, that I can login to Warframe and get my daily login bonuses while away from my computer?
I know the warframe app to keep my Forma being built each day but is there something that can mimick me actually logging in?
Gotta make numbers go up!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I went back a number of pages and can't find the post I swear I read here....

Is there a way, via my cellphone, that I can login to Warframe and get my daily login bonuses while away from my computer?
I know the warframe app to keep my Forma being built each day but is there something that can mimick me actually logging in?
Gotta make numbers go up!
Steam remote play (Steam deck)
Parsec / RDP
Geforce Now

e: to be more clear, the answer is no. The above options let you actually log in via your phone, however.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

If you do feel like supporting the devs by eventually buying Platinum, there's a couple things you should know. First, you will get coupons for buying plat as login rewards. I never personally buy plat unless its at least 50% off. If you're lucky, you might even get a 75% off coupon, but those are super rare. I got one when I first started and put like $50 in and it lasted me a WHILE. Of course I pretty much only spent it on slots and other things like Catalysts and Reactors (the things that double warframe/weapon mod capacity).

Also, platinum is tradable to other players, so if you want more plat, but don't want to pay for it. you can always run void fissure missions, crack relics, and sell whatever you get on warframe.market, which is a 3rd party auction house site, but better than AFKing in Maroo's Bazaar waiting for someone to rip you off.

Thanks, I had already read this tip somewhere about waiting for the 50% or more off coupons to buy plat.

Luckily my account is an old beta account and for whatever reason had 150 plat on it, so that should get me slots for at least a fair amount of time based on my speed of progression so far.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Locator posted:

Thanks, I had already read this tip somewhere about waiting for the 50% or more off coupons to buy plat.

Luckily my account is an old beta account and for whatever reason had 150 plat on it, so that should get me slots for at least a fair amount of time based on my speed of progression so far.

Cool, I just like to make sure new people know, the plat prices are a little steep. This game can be very expensive if you do things like buy plat full price, rush things, buy crafting materials for plat, buy weapons for plat, etc. On top of all the things people SHOULD use plat for, like slots, forma, potatoes, fashion and like, a couple weapons that are actually worth buying for plat (because they're behind hideous grinds. I paid full price for my Hespar and don't regret it.)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

Cool, I just like to make sure new people know, the plat prices are a little steep. This game can be very expensive if you do things like buy plat full price, rush things, buy crafting materials for plat, buy weapons for plat, etc. On top of all the things people SHOULD use plat for, like slots, forma, potatoes, fashion and like, a couple weapons that are actually worth buying for plat (because they're behind hideous grinds. I paid full price for my Hespar and don't regret it.)

I do appreciate it, as if I hadn't seen this in a video I wouldn't have known they did this. Speaking of which, a 50% off code was today's free thingie!

This made me take a look at the store, and think about buying some plat now, but when I click on the buy-now link, it takes me to Steam Wallet which shows the full price, not discounted, and I have never used Steam Wallet and have no intention of ever using Steam Wallet. Is that the only way to use their store? Can I not just use my credit card and buy stuff directly from the store?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can buy it directly from warframe.com when you log in there. it just defaults to steam poo poo in game when you are using the steam version.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Awesome! posted:

you can buy it directly from warframe.com when you log in there. it just defaults to steam poo poo in game when you are using the steam version.

I get redirected to Steam from the website also. Maybe it's because I'm out of the country right now. Oh well not important to buy any right now anyway.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

The Locator posted:

This made me take a look at the store, and think about buying some plat now, but when I click on the buy-now link, it takes me to Steam Wallet which shows the full price, not discounted, and I have never used Steam Wallet and have no intention of ever using Steam Wallet. Is that the only way to use their store? Can I not just use my credit card and buy stuff directly from the store?

Are you on the Buy Platinum page, and if so, are you clicking one of the platinum packs at the top, or are you clicking one of the Regal Aya bundles, Exclusive Bundles or Prime Access bundles below with the Buy Now buttons? PC coupons only apply to the platinum packs, not the bundles, and when I click on the platinum packs I get a little Select a Payment Method window with multiple payment methods, including ordinary credit card, but I'm doing it from in the US.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I Am Just a Box posted:

Are you on the Buy Platinum page, and if so, are you clicking one of the platinum packs at the top, or are you clicking one of the Regal Aya bundles, Exclusive Bundles or Prime Access bundles below with the Buy Now buttons? PC coupons only apply to the platinum packs, not the bundles, and when I click on the platinum packs I get a little Select a Payment Method window with multiple payment methods, including ordinary credit card, but I'm doing it from in the US.

It's definitely a country issue. I'm in Mexico and it doesn't give those options. When I VPN to the US, then I get the payment options you mentioned. Strangely enough it keeps the MXN pricing!

Edit: But the payment fails. They *really* don't want a US Credit Card making out of country purchases for their store. The CC I am using is the same one I use all the time in Mexico also. Oh well, I will just wait for a discount code to pop up while I'm in the US.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 13, 2023

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Unrelated - are Orokin Catalysts common/cheap enough that I should be using them on stuff like the Hek or my dual heat swords as I am playing, or are they something I should be hoarding for later on in the game when I'll quit before using them? heh...

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

The Locator posted:

Unrelated - are Orokin Catalysts common/cheap enough that I should be using them on stuff like the Hek or my dual heat swords as I am playing, or are they something I should be hoarding for later on in the game when I'll quit before using them? heh...

For the most part, early on the bottleneck will be credits, endo, and actually having the darn mods in the first place before you need more mod capacity. It's not really worth using an Orokin potato to increase mod capacity if the only mods you'd be able to add are non-damaging utility mods. That being said, if you like the gun you're using and think you'll use it a lot, it's worth throwing a catalyst in. My personal rule is I only potato things I like and that doesn't already have a strictly-better version (or will have one - I've never potatoed a base Warframe, for instance, since I know on a long enough timescale a Prime version will come out), but I'm definitely weird like that and there are plenty of goons who potato literally everything they own (and, honestly, with the Duviri release there's a compelling argument to do so since the Circuit gives you a random selection of gear you own and a potato is essentially required to make a Steel Path-competitive build.)

The Hek is a great gun and is a great choice to potato, but you'll also get access to the Vaykor Hek fairly early on and the Kuva Hek much later on, so there's a reasonably compelling argument to sit and wait for one of those other versions first.

That said, potatoes are pretty cheap to buy with plat, so if you have the patience for it, running a few void rifts and selling the prime parts you get will fund a new potato in about 15-20 minutes of game time (minus the time waiting for a buyer on wf.market)

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Speaking of potatoes and Duviri, the vendor in Duviri (Her name looks like Arthritis, I can't ever remember what it actually is) can possibly sell one or both kinds of potato in her weekly rotation of items for 20 Pathos Clamps (The thing you get 10/15 of for an Orowyrm kill). I dunno if the items in her rotation are the same for everyone or just a per-person basis but mine had a gold potato this week, for instance. It's not a fast farm or anything and you're not even guaranteed one every week but free potatoes is free potatoes in my book.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Question about the Dread Incarnon

So my Dread has on it's normal stats for a fully charged shot:

Crit Rate: 125%
Crit multiplier: 11.3x
I: 100.9
P: 100.9
S: 1816.6
Total: 5046.2

On Incarnon:

Crit Rate: 125%
Crit multiplier: 15x
I: 584.2
S: 584.2
Heat: 1168.3
Total: 5841.6

Somme how the incarnon form does significantly LESS damage on similar color crits, like the regular hits on a level 50 enemy are in the 161k range, the incarnon hits are 64K. What am I missing, I tried it on both a Grineer and Corpus enemy and got similar numbers, so it's not like I'm hitting heat resistant enemies. Why is there such a drop in numbers?

A pick of the stats and mods:
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1668374418681208833

the Riven is +Crit damage and +damage.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I ought to learn how to use warframe.market and crack this giant trove of Lith relics I have. Boy do I have a lot of them!

As for Orokin reactors/catalysts, I think using one on the hek is a good call because my Hek is like the most used gun I have even if I have, narrowly, found new favorites recently. If you've unlocked Nightwave, you can also buy them there, and Nightwave is a good way to guide you in 30 minutes of formless Warframe playing.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Since it's the daily nightwave, this is your occasional antisocial reminder that Wukong can use the handshake emote with his own clone. Monke doesn't need other Tennos.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Nessus posted:

I ought to learn how to use warframe.market and crack this giant trove of Lith relics I have. Boy do I have a lot of them!

As for Orokin reactors/catalysts, I think using one on the hek is a good call because my Hek is like the most used gun I have even if I have, narrowly, found new favorites recently. If you've unlocked Nightwave, you can also buy them there, and Nightwave is a good way to guide you in 30 minutes of formless Warframe playing.

As far as I know Nightwave was unlocked when I started back up. I used half of my T1 reward to buy a pair of catalysts.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Nessus posted:

You make an account on the market site, which you have to validate by either logging into it with your Steam account, or sending a bot on the Warframe official forums a DM from your forums account with a specific validation number in the subject line. Then you can put up either buy or sell orders for particular items or sets (with for example "Mesa Prime Set" being an item you can set a buy or sell order, and one Mesa Prime Set consists of one each of the BPs for Mesa Prime, Mesa Prime Chassis, Mesa Prime Neuroptics, and Mesa Prime Systems), and you can set yourself to show on warframe.market as being online in game when you're logged in (it's a manual toggle, remember to toggle it off when you're done) so people can see that you're in the list of people who are on and can do business now. Market has its own DM feature, but the way most people do it is clicking the "buy" or "sell" button, which copies the command to send an in-game chat DM to the clipboard with a default message of "Hi! I want to buy X item that you are selling for Y platinum." Whether you use the DMs or the copy-paste message, you then just use .market to hook up with people in-game, squad up with them and go to a dojo trading console together to make the transaction.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, I would say use a potato on something that you want to put more mods on, but don't have enough room. Because if you use it enough that you're using more than 30/30 mod capacity, its worth putting a potato on. If you're just leveling it for MR and threw like, a multishot mod and serration and hopped into Hydron, then its probably not a priority to put a catalyst on.

So the Hek is definitely worth it, since most new players get a lot of use out of it. I think I potato'd my Hek and forma'd it twice before I found anything nearly as good.

Just remember, a potato only costs 20 plat. You can frequently sell the Aura mods you get with Nightwave credits for about that much or more. If you've hit rank 5 with a syndicate, you can sell the warframe augment mods for like 7-10 plat each, and because of how syndicates work, there's always people looking to buy them. Anytime you open a relic and it's something you don't need, SOMEONE will pay plat for it, even if its just to buy in bulk to trade for Ducats for Baro. If you get a whole set of anything, even the jankiest prime weapon, it'll go for 10-15 plat. Warframe sets will go for 30 plat for the easy to get ones (Harrow, Revenant), to 90+ for sets that are currently vaulted.

So no need to hoard potatoes and forma, try some stuff out! As a lot of people have learned in the Circuit, pretty much every weapon will kill enemies on the Steel Path up to about level 300 with a full build. Easily enough to do all the star chart missions on Steel Path at least.

Edit: Apparently Ash has been stealth-buffed or insanely bugged in our favor! All sorts of weapon mods are apparently applying to the Blade Storm clones' finishers that either shouldn't be or at least hadn't previously been applying. Including Faction mods and Covert Lethality. They also seem to have removed the cap on attack speed applying to the animation, meaning that Blade Storm kills faster, and lets you mark new targets faster. Now with the right build, the clone finishers are 1-shotting enemies by themselves, and the ability damage and slash proc are irrelevant, meaning you can dump strength for more range for Blade Storm, duration for invisibility, and if you're using Innodem as your stat stick you can extend combo duration so you don't need combo mods or Rising Storm. Weapon augments like Amalgam Furax Body Count or Vulcan Blitz are also applying to clone hits if you use Furax or Jatt Kittag as your stat stick.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 13, 2023

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Anora posted:

Somme how the incarnon form does significantly LESS damage on similar color crits, like the regular hits on a level 50 enemy are in the 161k range, the incarnon hits are 64K. What am I missing, I tried it on both a Grineer and Corpus enemy and got similar numbers, so it's not like I'm hitting heat resistant enemies. Why is there such a drop in numbers?

Can the incarnon aoe wave headshot?

I'm coming back to the game from a long hiatus, and I've hit the riven cap pretty quick. Breaking them down for endo seems like a suckers game, and in-game selling still sucks as hard as I remember.

Should I be trying to sell them on warframe.market then? Googling pointed me at riven.market instead. Is that better? Worse? Should I be posting them on both?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I've found it exceptionally hard to sell any riven that isn't BOTH extremely maximized super stats and on one of the top tier popular weapons (using warframe.market anyway), no-one wanted to buy an unrolled riven for a popular gun or a great one for some random weapon that 1/10000 people use

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I do have a listing of stuff I sell on wf market (prime parts mostly, some syndicate guns...) but Riven selling feels like :effort: and I just stopped bothering.

Can't you transmute 4 to make a new one? They seem to drop like candy these days anyhow, so cycling them is probably the way to go to clear some slots and at least you get a chance of one for a weapon you like instead of yet-more-endo.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cryophage posted:

Can the incarnon aoe wave headshot?

I'm coming back to the game from a long hiatus, and I've hit the riven cap pretty quick. Breaking them down for endo seems like a suckers game, and in-game selling still sucks as hard as I remember.

Should I be trying to sell them on warframe.market then? Googling pointed me at riven.market instead. Is that better? Worse? Should I be posting them on both?

I've listed a few rivens on warframe.market and had good luck. I had them listed as direct sale and people messaged me to buy them, no haggling or anything. I haven't tried the auction thing. I haven't tried riven.market yet but I have checked it to research prices. Sometimes people will pay a reasonable price for a bad riven for a good weapon.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FishMcCool posted:

I do have a listing of stuff I sell on wf market (prime parts mostly, some syndicate guns...) but Riven selling feels like :effort: and I just stopped bothering.

Can't you transmute 4 to make a new one? They seem to drop like candy these days anyhow, so cycling them is probably the way to go to clear some slots and at least you get a chance of one for a weapon you like instead of yet-more-endo.

you can transmute four rivens into a new riven but you need riven transmuters to do it, which come from eidolon hunts, which like 90% of the playerbase never engages with

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you can transmute four rivens into a new riven but you need riven transmuters to do it, which come from eidolon hunts, which like 90% of the playerbase never engages with

Just checked the wiki and wow. Hydrolist capture consumable, nothing less. What a dumb limitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Does anyone else just hate warframe.market's interface? Maybe I'm missing something but I want to browse stuff by type and it bothers me that I can't "window shop" so to speak. Like, I want to say "show me all the primary weapon prime sets" and then look and see what costs what and what's vaulted and what's not and so on. It bothers me that this is not a thing.