Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
A "mono-element", or "mono" team is one where all the DPS is one element. ("Mono" means "one", and "element" means "element").

If you make a team with DPS of different elements and call it a "mono" team, people are going to be confused, because your team name doesn't really make sense.

Seele+SW can be the backbone of a mono-quantum team that you can use against most bosses, as long as you have defensive supports that the boss is already weak to, because then SW will always implant quantum weakness for Seele to take advantage of. But you need to be prepared to swap out your healer and shielder depending on what the boss is already weak to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I guess Eventually-Mono-Team-Just-Using-Placeholders-For-Now doesn't really roll off the tongue. I think only Phys, Fire and Ice can even make mono-element teams at the moment anyway?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

almost1337 posted:

I just unlocked the level 70 cap and hoo boy does it take a while to grind out ascending/tracing materials. Should I be spending my daily resources there or on getting better gear sets?

Gear is probably your last priority after levelling your characters, light cones, and getting their relevant traces, especially if you have lower rarity versions already equipped.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GateOfD posted:

Hope we get our own house to hang up and decorate

We're absolutely gonna get it, but I wonder how it will work out. I liked HI3's dorm a lot more than Genshin's teapot even if the teapot has way more actual decorating. The dorm had little chibi versions of the characters and they'd actually interact and have cute dialogues or animations. It had a TON of charm. Just a pure decorator isn't worth losing that imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOH2k7MCKRA

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ibblebibble posted:

I guess Eventually-Mono-Team-Just-Using-Placeholders-For-Now doesn't really roll off the tongue. I think only Phys, Fire and Ice can even make mono-element teams at the moment anyway?

Lightning is relatively easy provided you have Bailu, since Bailu and Tingyun are strong support pieces and you can slot in Serval or Jing Yuan for the DPS slot.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh yeah, mono-lightning is possible with JY now. I've theorycrafted a dumb mono-lightning for Kafka before, wish I had Bailu so that I can try it once Kafka drops.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

You don't even need JY, I've run Serval as the primary DPS in at least MoC5 and it clears fast.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah don't get me wrong, I love Serval too and don't even have JY, it's just that before JY came out there were only 3 lightning characters so mono-lightning wasn't possible yet.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah don't get me wrong, I love Serval too and don't even have JY, it's just that before JY came out there were only 3 lightning characters so mono-lightning wasn't possible yet.

I figured we were talking "mono-lightning" in the context of Silver Wolf, i.e. 3 "mono element" members + SW.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I regret letting JY distract me from going all-in on Serval when she'll have much better Kafka synergy.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

You're making Arlan cry

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kanos posted:

I figured we were talking "mono-lightning" in the context of Silver Wolf, i.e. 3 "mono element" members + SW.

When I say mono I mean mono!!!

Qwertycoatl posted:

You're making Arlan cry

Lol poo poo I knew I was forgetting someone.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
While I am all for descriptivist language, I think the extent to which the misuse of "mono" is confusing people and/or not containing any information whatsoever might be a reason to stop doing that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Given that pretty much no one talked about or cared about the concept of mono-elemental teams in Star Rail prior to Silver Wolf enabling that style of play in a new way and everyone getting curious about it, I think it's typically a relatively safe assumption that when someone is talking about mono-element teams in passing they're referring to it in that context.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well that assumption was wrong just now, apparently.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the reason silver wolf was considered for mono is because with the leaks people figured out you could put together a full quantum team. yes a full single element team, aka mono

goddammit mono is mono

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like if you said "SW fire team" it would be fairly clear you meant SW and 3 fires.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am 100% serious that when I say I am going to make a mono-lightning team work by hell or high water I mean 4 lightning characters.

I also have a mono-quantum team planned but it needs 2 leaked characters to release first.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
mono imaginary is just welt

that's it. just welt.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Can you really call a team mono if it has more than one person in it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

Can you really call a team mono if it has more than one person in it?

stereo lightning

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
So, here's an idea.
People are always wanting HI3 crossover characters and expies because of the multiverse thing, myself included.*

But HI3 is the only one that actually addresses the multiverse so why not the other way around? Send some Captainverse characters to the space station like a decade ago for a filler adventure with Herta! Send them to Teyvat for either some ancient history or foreshadowing or a filler adventure with Fischl nobody else believes! Drop some voidrangers or voidwolves next time we hit the Sea Of Quanta! Give us a Honkai Serval with a backstory that can flesh out Cocolia a bit!

That'd be cool and the direct links would probably fit better.

*We don't know that Haxxor Bunny didn't live on Punklorde a while before becoming Silver Wolf, it'd make the gap between her age and apparent age even larger but that's my headcanon.

I look forward to seeing Void Archives and want Welt to react more to AU versions of people he knows.

Senti or Ai-Chan /\ showing up and leaning on the 4th wall on whether it's the same one or not would be fun.

Even without that we need more Senti expies. And Fu Hua. And Vill-V. And the other games would be a good place for playable Siegfried and a third Su and wait that's all of Honkai's cool dudes besides kinda Otto. (gently caress Kevin)

Lol this footnote is longer than the post.

Also I want a Star Rail Fischl and for HI3 Fischl to exist in story. With an accompanying Mona!

But yeah HI3 already does AUs it'd probably make more sense for the other games to have cameos in it than the other way around.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

OK, so I just hit TL 50 and used the 4 tickets from that to complete a 10-pull on the standard banner. I got Bailu and an eidolon for Dan Heng.... except Bailu is nowhere to be found. She doesn't show up in my character list or my team builder list, and the achievement for getting 20 characters still only shows me with 14 (which is my total without Bailu). What in the actual gently caress?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
If it's Silver Wolf + 3 chars of a different element just call it Swono

I often run Swono Fire with Hook, Asta, and Trailblazer

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zurai posted:

OK, so I just hit TL 50 and used the 4 tickets from that to complete a 10-pull on the standard banner. I got Bailu and an eidolon for Dan Heng.... except Bailu is nowhere to be found. She doesn't show up in my character list or my team builder list, and the achievement for getting 20 characters still only shows me with 14 (which is my total without Bailu). What in the actual gently caress?

Did you actually pull a light cone with a picture of Bailu on it?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zurai posted:

Did you get the lightcone with her on it or something?

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Zurai posted:

If you go to the banner and hit view details in the bottom left and then records at the top of the box that appears you can see your pull history. Is Bailu in there?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Zurai posted:

You can open the history tab on the banner to see what you rolled

e: beaten

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ibblebibble posted:

I am 100% serious that when I say I am going to make a mono-lightning team work by hell or high water I mean 4 lightning characters.

I also have a mono-quantum team planned but it needs 2 leaked characters to release first.

Same! If only the drat game would give me Bailu.

Izzhov posted:

If it's Silver Wolf + 3 chars of a different element just call it Swono

I often run Swono Fire with Hook, Asta, and Trailblazer

Hook is the one character I've pulled that I've never invested a single point into. Fun personality, but I just have no desire to actually use her.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Theswarms posted:

If you go to the banner and hit view details in the bottom left and then records at the top of the box that appears you can see your pull history. Is Bailu in there?

It hasn't updated yet. However...

Qwertycoatl posted:

Did you actually pull a light cone with a picture of Bailu on it?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Did you get the lightcone with her on it or something?

This is the correct answer and I feel like a dumbass. It was Time Waits For No One, not Bailu herself. I completely forgot that the standard banner has light cones mixed in.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

Hook is the one character I've pulled that I've never invested a single point into. Fun personality, but I just have no desire to actually use her.

I got really lucky and got E6 Asta while pulling for SW in the current banner, and that team (sometimes with TB switched out for Natasha) absolutely annihilates certain enemies when it's built up. Watching SU Svarog just melt is incredibly satisfying.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If you did all the Sokoban quests on Jarilo and click on the painting in the final area you of the museum get a brief prompt so you can update the description on the painting. It's a nice touch to show that side quests mean something I also feel for Cyrille too

I'm glad you mentioned that because I definitely would have missed it otherwise, and it was good.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Izzhov posted:

I got really lucky and got E6 Asta while pulling for SW in the current banner, and that team (sometimes with TB switched out for Natasha) absolutely annihilates certain enemies when it's built up. Watching SU Svarog just melt is incredibly satisfying.

I'm jealous. I really wanted to make an Asta and Welt team work but mine is still at e0. I got e5 Serval instead. :)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Theres a chibi toy/figurine for Herta now. Apparently its also battery powered and she spins around.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

got a head relic piece of Def, Atk%, Crit Rate, and Crit Dmg.
leveled it to 15, and the grand result...

hit defense on each upgrade..

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Summoners War has a very similar upgrade system. I've upgraded hundreds if not thousands pieces of gear. I'm sure it all averages out, but it felt like I quad-rolled into the bad stat about ten times more often than getting even three rolls into a desirable stat

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
On the light cone Planetary Rendezvous it states that it increase damage if there are multiple people of the same damage type in the party. This means that it increases damage with multiple same element users and not multiple same path walkers, correct?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
At least HP and defense work here, in genshin they were dead stats to a character that was on field for 3 seconds to drop their skill and ult

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Rianlee posted:

On the light cone Planetary Rendezvous it states that it increase damage if there are multiple people of the same damage type in the party. This means that it increases damage with multiple same element users and not multiple same path walkers, correct?

Yeah it's worded badly but essentially every character who shares an element with the wield deals extra damage. So it can be pretty ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Rianlee posted:

It gives every team member a dmg bonus matching the elemental type of the character who equips it. So if you have Asta hold it your entire team, including her, gets a fire% bonus you can see in the stat screen. The amount of that buff is determined by the S level of the LC and not your teamcomp.