Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
The act 3 boss on tier 2 is such a slog. I think I'm gonna have to drop to tier 1 just to get through this giant sponge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
The paragon board thing seems like decision paralysis to me. The initial track isn't so bad but eventually you end up having to pick new boards based on legendary nodes while also evaluating the rest of the board, and then deciding the board's optimal rotation before placing it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it’s a cool new mechanic

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can you not respec paragon pts

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

zoux posted:

Can you not respec paragon pts

You can.

You can reset everything, including which board you choose, in the paragon system.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

It's really convenient too, who doesn't like to right click 100s of times while the system yells at you because you didn't unspec them in exactly the right order. Just let me reset the whole thing why is it like this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm assuming the little passive things you get from clearing a dungeon apply to any and all characters you make on your account? I beat two dungeons yesterday with a Necromancer and was rewarded with Druid passive unlocks so I assume that's how it works.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

DLC Inc posted:

I'm assuming the little passive things you get from clearing a dungeon apply to any and all characters you make on your account? I beat two dungeons yesterday with a Necromancer and was rewarded with Druid passive unlocks so I assume that's how it works.

Yes, the codex carries over to all your other characters.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SettingSun posted:

A heavy armor crusader/paladin type is sorely lacking and I hope the expansion rectifies this.

It's almost a guaranty that they're doing a crusader/paladin class. Johanna the crusader from Heroes of the Storm is already in D4 as a teaser.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

re: the slog of the paragon/XP grind

Data miners have discovered world tier 5 in the game files. Not sure when it's going live, but it should help even out the end game grind.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1668322850585837568

I hope the new world boss Lina Khan drops good loot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m knocking out strongholds and dungeon 1st time clear for the time being as I level from 50 to 70 and doing helltides when I see them. It does feel pretty slow but the game remains fun and I knock out a few side quests in between to keep a varied pace.

I can see myself burning out real loving fast if I start chain runnning the same dungeon.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Ice Shards sorc really doesn’t open up until you start getting ancestral gear and then it’s lol teleport in and ice explosion for everything.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

SettingSun posted:

A heavy armor crusader/paladin type is sorely lacking and I hope the expansion rectifies this.

:hai:

Just rolled credits and an actual paladin or crusader might be tough to squeeze in due to story reasons, but there's plenty of room for Armiger/Warlord/Champion/Zealot/whatever they want to call their holy knight archetype that's not technically affiliated with the knights-penitent

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Knights Proud of It.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Are dungeons in t3 supposed to stop scaling after level 54? I just realized they are total shitters for xp now and I haven’t been able to get a > level 1 nightmare sigil yet.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
We already got a swamp full of witch doctors that are central to the plot. Gimme that Witch Doctor character, I want to zoom around as a 200 mph exploding chicken again

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Finally made the jump to (a DS4) controller but I'm finding some of the buttons to be really unresponsive, possibly only the d-pad. I have to hold left to open the quest menu, for example, and it'll sort of pop in and out like I tried to open it several times, and I can't scroll up and down properly unless I use the analogue stick (which is fine). I think everything else is working as it should, but it's obviously making me nervous something will fail on me in the middle of a battle. This happen to anyone else?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Is anyone keeping track of players pushing higher level nightmare dungeons? I'm curious to see how high they're able to get. It seems anything solo above the 50s is nuts.

There's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDJ9y6A_jk

Level 100 Stormwolf pushing tier 93 solo

People thought these higher tier NM dungeons were going to be a cakewalk because they watched that one video with the literal bugged WW Barb doing billions of damage.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Finally made the jump to (a DS4) controller but I'm finding some of the buttons to be really unresponsive, possibly only the d-pad. I have to hold left to open the quest menu, for example, and it'll sort of pop in and out like I tried to open it several times, and I can't scroll up and down properly unless I use the analogue stick (which is fine). I think everything else is working as it should, but it's obviously making me nervous something will fail on me in the middle of a battle. This happen to anyone else?

I've had some problems with navigating the inventory and such with the controller, but nothing in combat. For inventory stuff I just use the mouse anyway.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

rally posted:

Are dungeons in t3 supposed to stop scaling after level 54? I just realized they are total shitters for xp now and I haven’t been able to get a > level 1 nightmare sigil yet.

you can craft sigils at the occultist

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m knocking out strongholds and dungeon 1st time clear for the time being as I level from 50 to 70 and doing helltides when I see them. It does feel pretty slow but the game remains fun and I knock out a few side quests in between to keep a varied pace.

I can see myself burning out real loving fast if I start chain runnning the same dungeon.

One level 60 and four level 20's and I just noticed you can Pin a dungeon from the Collections menu even if you haven't discovered it on the map. So I think I'm just gonna start clearing dungeons for each alt and unlocking poo poo using that.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Gone Fashing posted:

you can craft sigils at the occultist

It’s grayed out, presumably until I do a level 3 dungeon. I haven’t got anything other than level 1 sigils from other content and there is no way to upgrade them. lovely system.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

There's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDJ9y6A_jk

Level 100 Stormwolf pushing tier 93 solo

People thought these higher tier NM dungeons were going to be a cakewalk because they watched that one video with the literal bugged WW Barb doing billions of damage.

This is a pro click just for watching them have to contend with a level 147 Butcher right at the start.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

rally posted:

It’s grayed out, presumably until I do a level 3 dungeon. I haven’t got anything other than level 1 sigils from other content and there is no way to upgrade them. lovely system.

are you running the level 1s? in my experience a single nightmare dungeon usually drops multiple sigils

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I love helltide and you should have the option to have it permanently on

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Gone Fashing posted:

are you running the level 1s? in my experience a single nightmare dungeon usually drops multiple sigils

Yeah I am running the 1s. Got one level 1 sigil out of my first two runs and nothing from hell tide mystery chests. I think I’m just unlucky.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tree of Whispers always includes 2 sigils when you do a turnin.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Suprfli6 posted:

Tree of Whispers always includes 2 sigils when you do a turnin.

Are the levels just random? That’s giving me 1s also. RIP

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

How does loot scaling work in nightmare sigil dungeons? The sigil crafting explained nothing so I made the biggest number I could. I'm now fighting level 72 mobs as a level 52. The loot is the same I've been getting from level 55s.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

rally posted:

Are the levels just random? That’s giving me 1s also. RIP

It's tied to your level and what world tier you finished the whispers on.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Black Griffon posted:

You have to close steam

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Donnerberg posted:

How does loot scaling work in nightmare sigil dungeons? The sigil crafting explained nothing so I made the biggest number I could. I'm fighting against level 72 mobs as a level 52. It's slow going for obvious reasons, but the loot I've seen so far is the same item level I've been getting from level 55 mobs.

Item levels and stats kind of stop scaling after item level 725 and level 55 or so.

The max rolls for items with ilvl 725 and ilvl 825 are the same.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Vashro posted:

You have to close steam

This, steam is overriding your Diablo inputs

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Vashro posted:

You have to close steam

Ah yeah that makes sense, annoyingly.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Item levels and stats kind of stop scaling after item level 725 and level 55 or so.

Alright, thanks. I've only seen high 600s from the first two rooms, but breaking into 725+ would be cool so I'll keep at it until I run out of revives then.

Door blocking like it's Diablo 1.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 13, 2023

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Well I finally finished the story as a CL sorc at level 50. Moving to WT3 and I was just getting stomped. Respecced to arc lash but didn't have much success. Respecced to ice shard and feeling a lot better now, particularly with mobs, but single elites still give me a hard time as I just end up kiting forever waiting for cool down on frost nova and for my mana to regen. Currently running with no basic skill. And tips for an early end game sorc? I've read some guides but few seem to address this particular issue which I can see becoming a problem with bosses.

Or is the answer just to keep leveling against mobs until I find good enough gear to easily take on dungeons and bosses? I had to drop down to wt2 to get the aspect that makes ice shards pierce. I put that on my amulet for 5x pierce and feel a good deal better against larger mobs.

Run the Ice Shard spec that makes enemies vulnerable instead of the barrier count as frozen one; and either use ice bolt enchant or the 3% LH freeze passive. That way you can keep the damage up consistently as long as you line up enemies (put the "Ice Shards pierces X times" aspect on your amulet for extra pierce and damage) and everything aside from bosses should be dead before you run out of mana even single target.

When you fight an elite pack line them up and concentrate your Ice Shards on the elite, pop ice nova after you have froze it once with your other effecs. Beign frozen, it'll spread damage around to the rest of the pack.

Since you are in T3, go to helltides, leech currency if needed to and open either mystery or weapon chests. You'll get a +150dps weapon compared to your previous one and then you can start farming helltides on your own.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

This may be true for item affixes but not true for weapon damage and armor values, so you still want to shoot for higher item power, especially on your weapon(s).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

i vomit kittens posted:

Speaking of hardcore, is anyone playing through the campaign on it? The only story-related achievement I need is to kill Lilith in a party but all of my friends did the campaign on softcore which I don't have a character for. If you are on HC and want some help with the campaign, I'll bully the Act 6 bosses for you on my sorcerer. My BNet is vomitkittens#1424 (also feel free to add me if you're just a HC player in general).

Added you. misterhill#1882 character name MamaBugbear. I'll play for the next ~2.5 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Weapon damage and armor values on gear continue to scale with item power after 725. I just upgraded my weapon from a 746 item power to an 804 item power and the weapon dps went from 2049 to 2573.