Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Patch notes and Identity details!

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1668550461685919747
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1668550673183707136

Patch notes are mostly what you'd expect: New ID banner, Outis character banner, final section of the bus pass, some cleanup for the Dispenser UI...
...more enemy nerfs in Chapter 4...
and a BIG nerf to ongoing multi-battle content for -sanity Identities, but maybe a buff for their solo builds? If you end a fight with -45 you START the next fight immediately corroded instead of getting one turn of leeway to get back up or to use normal moves.

A variety of fixes for assorted bugs and missing voice triggers.

Both of the new Identities are fascinating: Ishmael has very few coins but potentially big swings, and Yi Sang has SO MANY MECHANICS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, Ishmael ID is just filler for Spicebush Yi Sang and Project Moon didn't even bother to not make it obvious.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Yeah, huge bummer it doesn't even touch on the mechanics they have as enemies, is just straight tremor and bad coin numbers. I was really looking forward to Talisman Sinclair, but now I'm a bit worried. Spicebush seems cool, at least.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Ariamaki posted:

...more enemy nerfs in Chapter 4...

I mean, technically they're only saying the stats are being adjusted, right? It could not be a nerf, technically (it's going to be a nerf)

And Fairy Ishmael is doubly funny because LCCB already has such strong Tremor support. Then again, maybe PM just wants Ismael to have a Tremor Identity available every season, who knows.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Theantero posted:

I mean, technically they're only saying the stats are being adjusted, right? It could not be a nerf, technically (it's going to be a nerf)

And Fairy Ishmael is doubly funny because LCCB already has such strong Tremor support. Then again, maybe PM just wants Ismael to have a Tremor Identity available every season, who knows.

Strong Tremor support whose burst helps you synergize with Rupture teams, even. It's just LCCB but with a better first skill and no interesting mechanical touches.

(I'm genuinely kind of sad about how boring Sloshing Ishmael is.)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It definitely is a bit of a strange choice, especially when the base unit the ID is based on has such a distinct gimmick (even if that gimmick is not all that relevant in gameplay due to gameplay being piss easy). Why have some random-rear end mook have a more complex mechanical identity than the the player's version of it?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yi Sang looks interesting, he seems to be Heads-based and Tremor is a good self-debuff because not many enemies actually interact with it

Ishmael on the other hand

Theantero posted:

It definitely is a bit of a strange choice, especially when the base unit the ID is based on has such a distinct gimmick (even if that gimmick is not all that relevant in gameplay due to gameplay being piss easy). Why have some random-rear end mook have a more complex mechanical identity than the the player's version of it?

Yeah it's weird how completely halfassed it is

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yi Sang: Blooming gloriously in the morning sun, ready to strike down his foes with the fury of nature itself

Ishmael: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnzssRMxYA

e: though tbf at least Ishmael had good IDs already unlike our boy Yi

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 13, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I think creating a differentiation between LobCo EGO equipped IDs (generally occupying the 00 power/complexity level) vs. Manifested EGO IDs (000 power/complexity level) is not bad, but yeah lol that ID doesn't look very exciting at all. Not really that different or stand-out-ish for an EGO ID either, but I guess it IS just "hey we raided a bunch of leftover EGO suits from the LobCo branch"-tier in this case.

The lore angle for these EGO IDs still bugs me, like in the Ishmael preview the first splash screen is clearly pointing at this being one of the TLA goons, but then the very last quote has her complaining to a Manager - Dante? So is this supposed to be TLA Goon Ishmael in a Green Goop Fairy Fat-suit EGO, or our Ismael in a Green Goop Fairy Fat-suit EGO?

For those of you who have already Upthreaded the Sunshower ID to 3, without spoilers: does the lore beat you get at 3 firmly point in the TLA-character direction, or in a more EGO-focused direction?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

KazigluBey posted:

I think creating a differentiation between LobCo EGO equipped IDs (generally occupying the 00 power/complexity level) vs. Manifested EGO IDs (000 power/complexity level) is not bad, but yeah lol that ID doesn't look very exciting at all. Not really that different or stand-out-ish for an EGO ID either, but I guess it IS just "hey we raided a bunch of leftover EGO suits from the LobCo branch"-tier in this case.

The lore angle for these EGO IDs still bugs me, like in the Ishmael preview the first splash screen is clearly pointing at this being one of the TLA goons, but then the very last quote has her complaining to a Manager - Dante? So is this supposed to be TLA Goon Ishmael in a Green Goop Fairy Fat-suit EGO, or our Ismael in a Green Goop Fairy Fat-suit EGO?

For those of you who have already Upthreaded the Sunshower ID to 3, without spoilers: does the lore beat you get at 3 firmly point in the TLA-character direction, or in a more EGO-focused direction?

All identities interact with Dante in homelines, when they're equipped it's a weird line between the actual sinner and some bleedthrough from the ID as explained in the notes. That line is prob a homeline.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Strong Tremor support whose burst helps you synergize with Rupture teams, even. It's just LCCB but with a better first skill and no interesting mechanical touches.

(I'm genuinely kind of sad about how boring Sloshing Ishmael is.)
Sloshing is more like a Tremor focused base Ishmael than spinning off of LCCB. Low coin counts, no ammo, ability to fuel her base EGO.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KazigluBey posted:

The way the ID thing works is that they're a mix between the main timeline and the alt timeline for that sinner, specifically Dante is still ordering them around regardless and they're somewhat aware of him, all the N Corp (except Meursault) convince themselves Dante is just wearing a funny helmet for example. It is meant to be TLA Goon Ishmael in a fairy suit, but she's also aware of Dante and has some original Ishmael running somewhere on her brain.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cool cool, cheers, I appreciate all the responses I've gotten now and beforehand, I know I might come across as a bit negative itt but I really do like the game overall quite a lot, gripes notwithstanding.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

RandomReader posted:

Sloshing is more like a Tremor focused base Ishmael than spinning off of LCCB. Low coin counts, no ammo, ability to fuel her base EGO.

Okay, there is some tactical choice between picking LCCB for four good rounds of Tremor/Rupture support across the whole fight vs Sloshing for smaller but consistent* support across longer fights. But also, look at N Corp Don or Rosespanner Meursault. Their skills are "we apply Status Effects X and Y, and if there's enough we get a little bonus", and that's enough to make their skills feel like there's some skill to using them. Sloshing Ishmael's skills are just "I apply Tremor, I apply Tremor, I burst Tremor and apply Rupture :effort:", and skills like that are boring as piss. They might be fine in practice if the numbers are high enough, but that isn't enough to make them feel good.

*Single coin skills are kind of a liability in the early rounds of a fight, but maybe this is the ID where they get the numbers right.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 13, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Okay, there is some tactical choice between picking LCCB for four good rounds of Tremor/Rupture support across the whole fight vs Sloshing for smaller but consistent* support across longer fights. But also, look at N Corp Don or Rosespanner Meursault. Their skills are "we apply Status Effects X and Y, and if there's enough we get a little bonus", and that's enough to make their skills feel like there's some skill to using them. Sloshing Ishmael's skills are just "I apply Tremor, I apply Tremor, I burst Tremor and apply Rupture :effort:", and skills like that are boring as piss. They might be fine in practice if the numbers are high enough, but that isn't enough to make them feel good.

*Single coin skills are kind of a liability in the early rounds of a fight, but maybe this is the ID where they get the numbers right.

1-2-1 is just insanely bad in general though, a big one-coin skill 3 isn't a liability if it's sufficiently meaty(LCB Outis) and a dinky skill 1 isn't bad if the other two are nuts(Kuro Hong Lu) but both are uhhhh

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

1-2-1 definitely doesn't inspire confidence, but hey, you never know, they could go crazy with the numbers and release an incredibly broken identity.

...They probably won't and it'll be mediocre outside a Tremor team, but they might!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I feel like on a Tremor team I might still prefer LCCB Ishamel just for the one skill that piles on a shitload of tremor.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Well with Persuance dropping in today's daily I now have the complete Meursault Criterion Collection despite never once aiming for anything of his

and I have like 600 meur shards too please help

Arzaac posted:

1-2-1 definitely doesn't inspire confidence, but hey, you never know, they could go crazy with the numbers and release an incredibly broken identity.

...They probably won't and it'll be mediocre outside a Tremor team, but they might!

tbf I suspect the next railway is going to be Tremor central if just because of those fuckin robots so Tremor team viability is a concern

but LCCB Ish exists so welp

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Outis sunshower ego trip report: Is Fine. Similar cost to odyssey, different colors, 2 bind is useful, and it and its passive generate an absolute buttload of poise which I assume does something sometimes and may be more useful someday. Enormous single coin clash numbers, and her only teth so outside of her getting an N Sinclair identity where you actively want to leave ego slots empty you're going to run it by default rn.

You'll sometimes push the button. Is fine.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Outis sunshower ego trip report: Is Fine. Similar cost to odyssey, different colors, 2 bind is useful, and it and its passive generate an absolute buttload of poise which I assume does something sometimes and may be more useful someday. Enormous single coin clash numbers, and her only teth so outside of her getting an N Sinclair identity where you actively want to leave ego slots empty you're going to run it by default rn.

You'll sometimes push the button. Is fine.

Outis also has the My Form Empties EGO in TETH.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah but it's pretty crap.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Blade Lineage Outis might have just gotten a shot in the arm because it has some Poise.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't think a slightly higher chance to do an extra 20% damage is really gonna make the difference for BL Outis. Especially when you can just give that extra crit chance to any one of her identities, including 7 Outis.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, crit damage is only +20%? I thought it was bigger than that.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

Wait, crit damage is only +20%? I thought it was bigger than that.

poise is not very good

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Theantero posted:

Outis also has the My Form Empties EGO in TETH.

oh yeah I don't have that, and should have remembered because it was the one ego I wanted to snag before rollover and didn't have the shards for

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

to rephrase, i think the use cases are

- wants the 2 bind, which definitely happens, girl could be best friends with Meursault Chains Of Others against (faster) bosses
- needs slightly higher super-clash numbers, odyssey is 20+3, sunshower is 19+7 (and legerdemain is 18+5 but well it's hardly fair to compare with the best ego)
- party colors happen to match up better than with odyssey

Those are all use cases that will happen. It's not a good ego (among recent ones I really feel Heathcliff's AETT or whatever may be the best, with honorable mention to Capote in a burn team), but you'll run it sometimes, you'll click it sometimes, you won't be sad about those decisions.

e:
- poise stops being trash

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 14, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Could someone explain to me why lengermain is so good?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

L.U.I.G.I posted:

It's a very cheap AOE that does okay damage. In a game where no regular attacks are AOE that has high value.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Endorph posted:

It's a very cheap AOE that does okay damage. In a game where no regular attacks are AOE that has high value.

Oooooh, thank you!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

L.U.I.G.I posted:

It's cheap, it does a big chunk of AoE damage, it splashes a bunch of paralysis and either tremor or DoTs across the enemy team, Gregor IDs are generally good at charging it by himself, and it has a much more useful passive than his base ID.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

And as an extra it's Blunt on a character whose best ID is Slash/Piece focused so it gives him damage type coverage.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My personal vote for best EGO is either Heath's Bodysack or Don's Telepole, both for being great support for 2 of the best Identities in the game. Legerdemain is one of the best general purpose EGOs though, alongside Faust's Representation Emitter and Fluid Sack.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

My personal vote for best EGO is either Heath's Bodysack or Don's Telepole, both for being great support for 2 of the best Identities in the game. Legerdemain is one of the best general purpose EGOs though, alongside Faust's Representation Emitter and Fluid Sack.

it's sad how few EGOs and IDs can actually synergize well, the ones that actually can are far and away the best ones

Ryoshu and Ishmael having mostly burn EGOs with no burn IDs is the most direct example of this weird phenomenon

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Yinlock posted:

it's sad how few EGOs and IDs can actually synergize well, the ones that actually can are far and away the best ones

Ryoshu and Ishmael having mostly burn EGOs with no burn IDs is the most direct example of this weird phenomenon

Not helping matters is that Heathcliff's Telepole is a low-sanity one, which doesn't synergize well with his R Corp. ID.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Been getting super into Lobotomy after seeing this thread, I am super into games you need to slowly discover the rules of. One general question I have is what tends to be a better use of training cycles, getting your high level guys up to 5 to have an elite crew, or making your level 1 guys not poo poo?

I am currently on day 16 and have two 5s, a handful of 4s, and a bunch of 1s. I have a lot of Lob so was thinking of boosting the 1s to atleast 2s, but not sure if I should be really focusing on training them.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I am not good at lobcorp so grain of salt, but IME anyone below 3 is completely disposable and not worth thinking about until no real employees can make better use of the cycle/they are all busy.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It kinda depends on what your facility looks like, to be honest. Not to get too deep in mechanics, but as your agents get higher level, lower level abnormalities don't train stats as well; if your facility is full of He and lower threats, you'll probably get more bang for your buck training up newbies than you will trying to get your Level V agents to max.

In general my goal when playing Lob Corp was to get 3 level V agents in each department as I unlocked them, something that gradually gets way easier as you go through and get more dangerous stuff. I also didn't spend that much Lob on agents, usually just boosting a stat or two (never Justice) when I create them. Granted, I'm at day 46 sitting on like 250 Lob so maybe I'm a bit too conservative in that regard. :v:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Yinlock posted:

Two years from now when we get Xiao Ryoshu, though, you'd better watch out.

I do think that at some point in the distant future we're going to get IDs for each sinner's base EGOs, where they've finally mastered that part of themselves to the point where they get the full strength of it like Gebura/Xiao did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ingenium posted:

Been getting super into Lobotomy after seeing this thread, I am super into games you need to slowly discover the rules of. One general question I have is what tends to be a better use of training cycles, getting your high level guys up to 5 to have an elite crew, or making your level 1 guys not poo poo?

I am currently on day 16 and have two 5s, a handful of 4s, and a bunch of 1s. I have a lot of Lob so was thinking of boosting the 1s to atleast 2s, but not sure if I should be really focusing on training them.

Generally in Lobotomy Corporation, it's better to have a few agents that are high level and kitted with top level gear, than a bunch of newbies in garbage bin EGO. But when it comes to training cycles, it's also good to remember that the amount of skills your abnos give when working them is not constant, but relative to the Agent's level in that skill. ZAYINs and TETHs are only really useful for bringing your low level Agents up to like, level 3 or so in a skill. After that you should train on HEs and above, unless spending mind-numbing amounts of time grinding is no obstacle to you.