Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxxidation posted:

other way around. red attacks ignore i-frames and standard blocks but they can be parried

Knowing that would have made the final boss somewhat easier, lol

I don't remember exactly how the popup about red attacks was worded but I guess it could have been better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
to be fair it is a blink and you miss it type thing :v:. I just practiced on the dummy before the carnival boss. Soon as I saw it glow red Im like ohhh this is what they meant.

I have not gone back but there is probably a tips section in the pause menu.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

haveblue posted:

and you tend to get hung up on enemies trying to dodge sideways

Ah yes. Enemies got some big ol' collision and if one boxes you near a wall or something you get to do the 'stuck in their feet' dance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1668534241779499009?s=20

Can't wait for Chip Cheezum to somehow get laid off from Volition a second time. This sucks man

Game devs overspending during the height of the pandemic, will be cutting costs and staff for a long time to come.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I can't believe the strategy of releasing a ton of bad to mediocre games based on licenses and dormant franchises did not pan out for Embracer.
Truly living up the to the proud THQ legacy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Turns out you cannot, in fact, make it up in volume

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

bone emulator posted:

1. The Case of the Golden Idol
2. Golden Idol Mysteries: The Spider of Lanka

:this:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Final Fantasy XVI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of Embracer, these are bold words to be saying less than a month out from Gollum

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1668647337147744256?s=20

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we really are going to see a loving LotR Fortnite

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
First we see LOTR stuff in normal fortnite, if that hasn't happened already

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After Gollum just came out, and while they are in the middle of a huge downsize in their companies.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
When's the armored core gameplay coming out today?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of Embracer, these are bold words to be saying less than a month out from Gollum

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1668647337147744256?s=20

Great idea for a press release on top of the terrible timing, telling everyone we are going to milk the cow dry until there is nothing but dust and you are going to like it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The studio that did Gollum already has another LotR game in development, which leaks suggest is a Tom Bombadil game

Feldegast42 posted:

Great idea for a press release on top of the terrible timing, telling everyone we are going to milk the cow dry until there is nothing but dust and you are going to like it

And let's make sure we specifically use the word exploit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

External Organs posted:

tomorrow

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

External Organs posted:

I thought they said the 14th? Was that Japan time?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Doh my bad.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope they make it all Souls-y, for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1668619727126794241?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taking Overwatch offline specifically to force everyone who wanted to play Overwatch to buy Overwatch 2 even though Overwatch 2 was just Overwatch but with singleplayer DLC, then removing the singleplayer DLC from Overwatch 2, and now selling it back to the people who bought Overwatch 2.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 13, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought this was canceled? What happened here?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Big talk from grip"UNITED STATES MARINES FUNKO POPS COLLECTION"weed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

SOMETHING AWFUL HAPPENED AM I RIGHT

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I said come in! posted:

SOMETHING AWFUL HAPPENED AM I RIGHT

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

their grand plans for an ongoing PVE mode with talents and the like was cancelled, so this is all the work they'd already done on the missions being released piecemeal to try and make some of the cost back

they won't actually be anything different than the seasonal PVE events they did before like bride of junkenstein, which also means that there will be very little reason to actually purchase permanent access considering that PVE modes tend to be dropped like hot potatoes a week out. there's no real reason to keep playing them beyond either sheer enjoyment or a desire to try and hit high scores, both of which appeal to a highly limited cohort

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not "with it" on all the poo poo Embracer gobbled up but it seems to me that if Volition wanted to make a lot of money they probably shouldn't have committed their only IP anyone knows about to two really lovely games in a row

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Taking Overwatch offline specifically to force everyone who wanted to play Overwatch to buy Overwatch 2 even though Overwatch 2 was just Overwatch but with singleplayer DLC, then removing the singleplayer DLC from Overwatch 2, and now selling it back to the people who bought Overwatch 2.

You don't buy Overwatch 2, the base game is free to play. You just have to buy all the cosmetics that a free player would get from various boxes.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

Waffleman_ posted:

The studio that did Gollum already has another LotR game in development, which leaks suggest is a Tom Bombadil game

... you're kidding, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fake Name posted:

... you're kidding, right?

"The Lord of the Rings: It's Magic!"

the exclamation point is part of the title

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Considering their take on Gollum, I'm guessing their Tom Bombadil game will have insanely gruesome take down execution animations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Considering their take on Gollum, I'm guessing their Tom Bombadil game will have insanely gruesome take down execution animations.

By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow *loads assault rifle*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Bombadil, breeding halls, NOW

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Make it a rhythm game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that could actually be pretty good, and therefore will never happen

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i used to think christopher tolkien was being an overly protective grump when it came to the kind of licensing deals he approved but it turns out that he was absolutely correct to have been so

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ok who tf is Tom bombadil

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He’s this jolly looking guy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

only the most important character in all of The Lord of the Rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

Ok who tf is Tom bombadil

he's a minor character who appears in a single chapter in the fellowship of the ring when the fellowship briefly rests in his little grove, and it's implied that he's an outrageously powerful demigod that could easily challenge sauron or at least keep the ring safe without being corrupted, but he's so carefree that he'd probably just end up losing it on accident

it's one of the weirder bits that jackson wisely cut, since even tolkien scholars aren't quite sure what to make of him