Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

WoodrowSkillson posted:

very funny to hear the boys start sounding like libs and talking about how trump being indicted is bad for him. he will easily ignore this the same as everything else and nothing will happen.

Yeah he looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

looks better than biden and that is all that matters

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

looks better than biden and that is all that matters

old man Biden still clears Trump

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

old man Biden still clears Trump

he barely won last time and biden has squandered any goodwill and optimism he had while revealing himself to be an automaton with oatmeal for brains

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

he barely won last time and biden has squandered any goodwill and optimism he had while revealing himself to be an automaton with oatmeal for brains

Everyone in 2020 knew he was a friendly puppet of the bourgeoisie, the electorate decided that was preferable to the insane gross moron. He wasn't Obama, he didn't ride in on a wave of goodwill and optimism, the nation settled for him and BIden's basically met expectations there.

Now Biden has incumbency advantage instead of Trump, Trump's freaked out everyone with January 6 and getting arrested twice, more Trump voters have died than Biden voters and more Biden voters have registered than Trump voters.

Not a lock but Biden will have to gently caress up to lose.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Everyone in 2020 knew he was a friendly puppet of the bourgeoisie, the electorate decided that was preferable to the insane gross moron. He wasn't Obama, he didn't ride in on a wave of goodwill and optimism, the nation settled for him and BIden's basically met expectations there.

Now Biden has incumbency advantage instead of Trump, Trump's freaked out everyone with January 6 and getting arrested twice, more Trump voters have died than Biden voters and more Biden voters have registered than Trump voters.

Not a lock but Biden will have to gently caress up to lose.

jan 6 was 20000 years ago in american politics and trumps arrests will only increase his appeal by legitimizing his persecution complex. he will skate by with no harm and be able to claim he has defeated the evil liberals once again. biden on the other hand will keep stumbling around like a braindead moron and hurt his chances every time he opens his mouth. he can barely talk, and the debates will be a slaughter.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1668714843191255040?s=20

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 13, 2023

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Yeah he looks great

what that neckussy do...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dems could run kamala against trump and still win. his unfavorables are sky high and in 2020 he scared up so many people to vote against him that it was the highest turnout in a century. he's damaged goods

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

ok then why'd the republicans do historically bad in the midterms

i think loser stench + jan 6 + the indictment is gonna be pretty hard to come back from

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i think loser stench + jan 6 + the indictment is gonna be pretty hard to come back from

running on dumb poo poo like trans panic, which trump is not doing because he does not give a poo poo about it

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

biden on the other hand will keep stumbling around like a braindead moron and hurt his chances every time he opens his mouth. he can barely talk, and the debates will be a slaughter.

How strong do you think Biden's speaking skills were in 2020?

America picked "harmless senile grandpa" over "deranged weirdo grandpa" in that election, they didn't seem to regret it come midterm time, I don't think one getting more senile and the other getting more deranged is gonna flip the whole equation.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

running on dumb poo poo like trans panic, which trump is not doing because he does not give a poo poo about it

No he is 100% running on that stuff.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1667695593433571332

https://www.them.us/story/trump-desantis-transphobia-health-care-ban

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 13, 2023

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

if the crowd likes it he's gonna work it into his act

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1667624911504920576

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

if the crowd likes it he's gonna work it into his act

god this quote is incredible

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Abortion.

You might be right, though I wouldn't place too much faith in Americans not to be dumber than dogshit.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Trump definitely could win in 2024 but basically everything that's different between now and 2020 is good for Biden and bad for Trump

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The midterm disadvantage that plagued the Dems for decades has largely disappeared due to educational polarization. The current Dem coalition loves doing college homework and voting every two years.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Abortion.

You might be right, though I wouldn't place too much faith in Americans not to be dumber than dogshit.

yea the abortion issue hasn't really changed so i don't think that helps republicans more going into 2024

i mean, look at that WI state supreme court election where the dem/liberal judge blew the conservative one out of the fuckin water by 11+ points. that's more than just abortion but it was a huge part and i think people are still gonna be very energized about it next year (not that the dems will do the needful to enshrine roe if they do win in 2024)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

sorry winning is winning, we dont care about losers in here bitch

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's hard to believe that this is going to be the thing that does it after hearing "they've got him now" over and over for years. And yeah, I blame Maddow and her ilk as much as anybody for muddying the waters and giving credence to the idea that it's just politically motivated. But they do have a point. Russiagate started with stuff like "Russia hacked voting machines" and "Trump takes orders directly from Putin" and got bargained down to...something involving a guy named Lev Parnas, or so I've heard. In this case, he stole boxes of stuff and they've got him on tape saying that he knows he stole boxes of stuff. It's much more concrete than like, he implied a corrupt quid pro quo in a phone call with a lobbyist in exchange for oppo research which isn't illegal in itself.

Regarding Trump v. Biden, there's always the possibility that one or both of them could drop dead or be too sick to run.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Trump could only muster a dozen freaks to come protest his arraignment, one of which is baked Alaska.

Hes got no juice left outside of the absolute ride or die that follow him from event to event like fish fans.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Cope.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's joever

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Biden won by a larger margin than the Obungler did in 2012 in terms of vote percentage.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
No…no!!!’

https://twitter.com/onetakenews/status/1668642524108292097?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I will not be buying Amber's book or any other book

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

i say swears online posted:

god this quote is incredible

https://twitter.com/Wertwhile/status/1667854905523023872?s=20

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

how taste my peepee

Ask ur dad not me

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

AngryBooch posted:

The midterm disadvantage that plagued the Dems for decades has largely disappeared due to educational polarization. The current Dem coalition loves doing college homework and voting every two years.

Turning student loan payments back on is going to muddy things there

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Also it would be really funny if Trump won. Which is all the motivation the right needs.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1668788744298680325?s=20

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
idk man in 2016 I was like "there's no way trump's gonna win" and in 2020 I was like " there's no way trump's gonna lose" so I think the lesson is stop thinking you know enough that any prediction is a sure thing, who loving knows what aces are up what sleeves that could drag either of these geezers across the finish line again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but someday, you're gonna get owned.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
that's a 100% opposite success rate

what's no way going to happen in 2024?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
"it will be funny" is all the right needs to vote.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Koburn posted:

that's a 100% opposite success rate

what's no way going to happen in 2024?

it doesn't work like that cuz my heart won't be in it anymore, i've already accepted that my crystal ball is too hazy to decipher anything

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it doesn't work like that cuz my heart won't be in it anymore, i've already accepted that my crystal ball is too hazy to decipher anything

predictit.org will put the pep back in pepe

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Trump won in 2016 because Hillary was a dog poo poo candidate. Cant believe we have to repeat this in 2023 but I guess people forgot.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This all comes back to "how much dogshit will Democratic voters gratefully choke down if Trump and his ilk are the alternative" and it appears to be a whole lot. We'll all be sitting around a burning oil barrel dying of radiation poisoning and the oldest guy there will just be repeating "would you rather have Trump" until we get hungry enough to eat him.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 14, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Trump won in 2016 because Hillary was a dog poo poo candidate. Cant believe we have to repeat this in 2023 but I guess people forgot.

Biden was also a dog poo poo candidate tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Biden was also a dog poo poo candidate tho

America hates Hillary Clinton 100000x more than Joe Biden