Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

They didn't, only Steve hosed it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Even through it all, I doubt he's done more than grimace for a couple of seconds.

That being said the schadenfreude when he does something at this level will be juicy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsizkVjGm8

TechTV, where I had to go to watch this poo poo before youtube

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Funny thing is, the new design reminds me a lot of the akasa apache. The a12x25 reminded people a lot of the nidec gentle typhoon.

I guess most axial blade designs have long been tried and tested, and there are only tweaks and expensive materials left on the table

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Seeing my favorite YouTubers intermingle for computex makes me actually quite happy. I guess they’re all sort of competitors for views in this space so it makes sense that there isn’t too much crossover during other times, but I’m enjoying people like Steve, Wendell, Gordon discussing things with each other.

Somewhat relatedly, I’ve been watching more PC world stuff with Gordon, mostly his live shows. Dude is a grouch lol. I can’t be too judgmental because he’s grouchy about things we agree upon, but maybe that just comes with being in the industry for too long.

Also relatedly, Wendell has clearly lost weight. A few commenters on his vids commend him for it, but someone said it’s because he either got pretty ill or got Lyme disease? I don’t watch Wendell’s long form news videos because they seem a little too broad to be considered tech so maybe he talked about it there, but I’m a bit curious if the dude is ok.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gordon mostly comes across as someone who's adopted the persona of being the person who makes "the internet" angry. I think there are 3 different moments in the video he did with Steve where he looks straight down the camera and yells about how what he's going to say will make "the internet" mad before just repeating the same point about how Nvidia is still the market leader and most people buy their cards no matter what.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

he likes to say stuff he thinks will make people really mad, like when he ranted about how pointless he thinks SFF PCs are the last time he appeared in a GN video. this time it was a pretty tepid take though.

peaking of GN collaborations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOtvOqa_vM

Steve and Wendell are apparently going to try to start a standards organization for peripheral cross-compatibility. Wendell posted their mission statement to the L1T forums. I genuinely wish them luck in not becoming the xkcd meme. Or getting anyone in the industry to listen at all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah at a point where a bunch of manufacturers are introducing a load of proprietary connectors and ecosystems that probably cost a lot of money I don't see them paying any attention to a pair of Youtubers trying to create an industry standard.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i do agree with mocking SFF PCs though, why must you punish yourself for no good reason

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It’s fun OP

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What punishment? I use mine as a lil NAS

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Shipon posted:

i do agree with mocking SFF PCs though, why must you punish yourself for no good reason

It's sterile and I like the taste

Really though, it's satisfying, way more so for me than a larger build, and it saves a ton of space. I have my PC on my desk flat behind my monitor.

If it was in a large case, it would take up too much desk space, or I'd need to find some other solution. It's a standing desk so the floor is no good..

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

HalloKitty posted:

It's a standing desk so the floor is no good..

You can get decent under-desk mounts these days. Just saying.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

You can get decent under-desk mounts these days. Just saying.

My desk is only 1.2m wide, any intrusion makes it feel really cramped. I'm happy with my current setup as is

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 10, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Most SFF pcs have vesa mount options so you can slap them on the back of a monitor which is cool for really keeping them out of the way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

priznat posted:

Most SFF pcs have vesa mount options so you can slap them on the back of a monitor which is cool for really keeping them out of the way.

does that include the diy ones? like i can imagine a minisforum pc or some of those little boxes that the system integrators like dell or lenovo sell for that purpose working, but I can't help but imagine screwing a dan a5 to the back of a big ultrawide gamer monitor and the ROG MURDERSCREEN just going "nah gently caress this" and falling over

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

What punishment? I use mine as a lil NAS

Is it named X

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arivia posted:

does that include the diy ones? like i can imagine a minisforum pc or some of those little boxes that the system integrators like dell or lenovo sell for that purpose working, but I can't help but imagine screwing a dan a5 to the back of a big ultrawide gamer monitor and the ROG MURDERSCREEN just going "nah gently caress this" and falling over

Depends on the case but probably not, I was thinking more like NUC sized or the really small lenovo/hp ones, but usually those motherboard are proprietary. I have it in my mind those are SFF because one of the models I have ordered a lot of for work has that in the name but if you’re thinking mini ITX that would still be too big. You could tuck them away pretty good though!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I ain’t fitting an ATX tower under my TV.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Phone posted:

It’s fun OP

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

buglord posted:

Also relatedly, Wendell has clearly lost weight. A few commenters on his vids commend him for it, but someone said it’s because he either got pretty ill or got Lyme disease? I don’t watch Wendell’s long form news videos because they seem a little too broad to be considered tech so maybe he talked about it there, but I’m a bit curious if the dude is ok.

Yeah. He had an adverse reaction to a tick bite, and now he's finding that he's allergic to a ton of foods that used to be regular staples of his diet. So he's had to completely change up his intake -- and the weight loss has been a side effect, since he's decided that if he is going to have to micromanage his meal planning that much then he may as well make it as healthy as possible.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EricFate posted:

Yeah. He had an adverse reaction to a tick bite, and now he's finding that he's allergic to a ton of foods that used to be regular staples of his diet. So he's had to completely change up his intake -- and the weight loss has been a side effect, since he's decided that if he is going to have to micromanage his meal planning that much then he may as well make it as healthy as possible.

Lone star tick. It can cause something called alpha-gal syndrome. That means no mammalian meat including beef, pork and lamb. The delayed onset anaphylaxis can be brutal.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I have that same affliction. I was already in good shape but it rules out a lot of fatty foods so now I’m even more shredded (◕‿◕✿)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cathode Ray Dude is finally living the dream and quit his job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z524I1cy2k

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Emily makes an appearance in the latest LTT episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Gi2LcXhxM

I wasn't expecting her to be back on screen so soon, but I'm glad she felt comfortable enough to do so.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Two great videos. Really happy see Emily so soon, and loving CRDs attitude too.
My favourite people on these type of things for sure.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Adult Men Do Things Together, aka. Steve and Roman sit around and nerd out about heat spreaders, production of heat spreaders and global supply chain issues for half an hour (it's good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9TH7TeDZM8

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 13, 2023

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqii2PIT4Pg

In a day or two, please compare to this awful thumbnail

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

"What we didn't expect to show up, we got this instead" sure is a sentence.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
ngl that is a sick looking small form factor PC.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

"What we didn't expect to show up, we got this instead" sure is a sentence.

AI generated rear end video title.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

njsykora posted:

AI generated rear end video title.

DRVG misread it, the title as screencapped is perfectly fine language

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I would like to believe they changed the title because I reread a dozen times with that same reading, but I think my brain is just broken today.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I would like to believe they changed the title because I reread a dozen times with that same reading, but I think my brain is just broken today.

Just today?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Wouldn’t the proper click bait syntax be ‘THIS wasn’t what we were expecting AT ALL!’

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/3DCenter_org/status/1670159628783726597?t=FSYfYmGmhC_WVfghEVlghA&s=19

https://twitter.com/3DCenter_org/status/1669797241119461376?t=h5sMsBAXegrSwIF1j-pb_A&s=19

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao it checks out.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
You know what I love about youtube? They force every single content creator on the platform to scream "like and subscribe and ding that notification bell!!!!!!" during every single video or else the algorithm will hide it from everybody's feed, but then they turn around and provide users with next to zero ways to leverage that liking and subscribing.

Hey youtube, can I organize my subscribed channels into custom groups? And then maybe can I select "hide everything in this channel category except new videos?" so I can create self-curating lists of all my favorite content? So for example can I create a "Tech News" group that includes channels like Linus Tech Tips, Hardware Unboxed, and Strange Parts with an "only show unwatched videos X days old or newer" filter so I can have a convenient place to check for all new videos in that category when I want to see what's going on in the tech world?

Oh I can't? So literally all you give me to manage all the liking and subscribing you demand I do is one single gigantic vertical list of every one of my subscribed channels, which I can only alphabetically arrange, without even so much as a description of each channel visible at a glance to see which ones are which? Just one single gigantic unorganizable, unfilterable line of bullshit I have no hopes of ever actually making use of? So if I'm a person who happens to pay attention to more than one thing, I guess I'm just SOL huh.

So you've created a system where after you have a couple dozen subscriptions, it becomes entirely useless to subscribe to more channels because there's just no way to keep track of them beyond that. You keep screaming at me to like at subscribe but you give me zero incentive or utility for doing that.

That about right? Ok cool just checking.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 20, 2023

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I have never liked or subscribed to a YouTube video. Honestly the algorithm figures out what I watch and then I let it carry me off to its dark corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

The Grumbles posted:

I have never liked or subscribed to a YouTube video. Honestly the algorithm figures out what I watch and then I let it carry me off to its dark corners.

I have, but then my account got deleted, and now I do all my youtube watching without an account. I exported my subs list and imported it into freetube and newpipe, so the experience is similar, just without interaction.