Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Converted garages in Austin usually violate local code and people that bought the house generations later have gotten stiffed with having to convert the spaces back into garages. The conversion violates setback rules for driveways and parking space so they'd never been approved in the first place. It's apparently this and people bolting porches to the back of their house that make up the majority of violations here. It's been a regular dealbreaker for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A bēdröm

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

...That was much funnier than it should have been.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Is that some kind of flophouse or something?

It must be. Or student housing. I saw the first room with the tiny bed and thought that's not bad for a kid, but then they show the other angle with the sink and fridge. Maybe their kid was a gamer/NEET who never left his room? Nope, the other bedrooms mostly have 'em too.

They are calling it 6 bedrooms, but the two on the ground floor clearly started out as a living room and sitting room, that's why the one bedroom is so weird and narrow.

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to finagle the dining room into another bed room

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I don’t understand how the stairs work.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Loving "...the people you can trust" as a slogan. Very nice.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It reminds me of the rocko's Modern Life episode where he gets his house renovated but the guy can only do bathrooms, so every room is now the bathroom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQk_9W2iYU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1668723188602220544

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

:yikes:, in house form.

I am currently house shopping. (:suicide:) I sometimes wish things like this scare off more superstitious people from making bids on competitive properties. House looks haunted from the outside? Hell yeah. House full of cursed gewgaws? gently caress yeah.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phy posted:

The more bed you have in your bedroom, the less room you have in your bedroom

Seriouspost: I like not being able to roll.off my bed onto the flo4

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Railing Kill posted:

:yikes:, in house form.

I am currently house shopping. (:suicide:) I sometimes wish things like this scare off more superstitious people from making bids on competitive properties. House looks haunted from the outside? Hell yeah. House full of cursed gewgaws? gently caress yeah.

Yeah dolls are ugly, not cursed, and once the lovely drapes are gone and it's repainted it's regular again

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Large house on a third of an acre for only 299k? I assume it's the really lovely part of Ohio, but that price sounds amazing for something that big.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Catch is you have to rehouse all the dolls, even Terrence.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's one of those situations where the dolls have been willed the house and you're just living there on the condition that you don't kick them out,

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

binge crotching posted:

Large house on a third of an acre for only 299k? I assume it's the really lovely part of Ohio, but that price sounds amazing for something that big.
Small town about half an hour south of the south suburbs of Cleveland and by the looks of it, that house is probably outside of town.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The listing is gone because of public shaming, but this delightful property was up for rent a few days ago:

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2023/06/16/landlord-put-dublin-beach-shack-up-for-rent-at-1100-per-month/

€1,100/ $1,204 per month

Owner claims there's a man happily living it in right now; thinks its great, much better than his last place (a car). Owner did not disclose how much the man is paying to live there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Living in a tent on the front lawn because the wife is divorcing you seems many times more respectable and safe than that makeshift hovel.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Counterpoint: a deck & a free boat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's a fine grover of windows on that wall. The owner knows what they have.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

The door needs some serious alignment and the landlord needs to turn off that dumbass watermark on his dumbass pocophone.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Phy posted:

The more bed you have in your bedroom, the less room you have in your bedroom

That’s a positive for me. My sleep improved significantly when I stopped doing anything but sleep or sex in my bedroom.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11222-Dilling-St-North-Hollywood-CA-91602/20025974_zpid/

The Brady Bunch house is for sale

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Lies! The Brady home doesn't have a toilet.

:colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm so glad they legalized toilets in the 70's.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lol wasn't this owned by one of the Property Bros for a hot minute, it showed up in that Trixie Motel show

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Sorry about your retinae:

I'd legit sooner live in the garage:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

For when you want the fun of indoor silly string fights without the hassle of cleaning up

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Damask is a privilege, not a right

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

This is why you don't shoot everything in HDR. Please use your camera's settings responsibly.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
HOUSE.BASILISK

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Imagine waking up in this room with no memory of how you got there.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I don’t know exactly why, but out of all the stuff in that room the barn door going to the bathroom makes me shake my head the most.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trabant posted:

Sorry about your retinae:

I'd legit sooner live in the garage:

Bullpoo poo that place is worth $1.5 million. I've been to Edmond. Nothing there is worth $1.5 million.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Idk I think it needs more patterns.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

ultrafilter posted:

Imagine waking up in this room with no memory of how you got there.

And you may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful house

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The carpet was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It feels like they ran all the photos through the Photoshop 'add noise' filter and cracked it up real high

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Is the garage carpeted?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Bullpoo poo that place is worth $1.5 million. I've been to Edmond. Nothing there is worth $1.5 million.

No, no, it's $1.5m not to move in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It feels like they ran all the photos through the Photoshop 'add noise' filter and cracked it up real high
Unsharp Mask