Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
think a lot about how matt malone bought a gsi rim and it took well over a year to actually get it, though I think that was technically a preorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If you want a GSI rim, the best place to get it is microcenter, they usually have good stock.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finally pulled the trigger and joined the direct drive club

Had to drill the wheel mounting plate, but otherwise was really straightforward.

I’m using an ancient P1 Xbox one wheel that I had laying around from an old CSL wheelbase that I bought on marketplace with the intention of fixing but it was beyond my skills

I plan to get the McLaren GT3 wheel eventually but this’ll do for now

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
nice booster seat kid.

JK, enjoy the new DD setup! The McLaren wheel will be great but until you end up with that one you can entertain yourself with DD oval and rally action also!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its where my Oculus Rift S lives, its an old 8mm projector case.

I finally got around to setting the wheel up last night and boy howdy are the default settings in iracing all wrong! It was clipping like crazy and the strength was way too high.

I think I've got it now though

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Started using both feet at once and trail braking, now I've gone from way behind the field/wiping out all the time to running clean laps fighting for second-to-last in Forza 7 Regulations Beta lobbies. Progress. Was real close to deciding this wasn't for me but now I'm energized as hell.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Seems like The Crew Motorfest's Oahu is a pretty miniature version. Given that Ivory Tower's pretty much TDU's original developers, it's kinda disappointing that they're not going 1:1 on the second attempt. Content and procedural tools improved a lot since TDU2, so filling things out shouldn't be the issue. The handling will probably be somewhere between crap and meh, so the map size would have been the only other thing going for it.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
Been awhile since I've wandered in here.

Apparently the GeneRally 2 game mentioned awhile back released on Steam Early Access a week ago.

Also, Rennsport closed beta sign-ups are open with invites supposedly starting tomorrow.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
A GT3 multiplayer focused sim, just what I've been waiting for all my life.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

bUm posted:

Been awhile since I've wandered in here.

Apparently the GeneRally 2 game mentioned awhile back released on Steam Early Access a week ago.

Also, Rennsport closed beta sign-ups are open with invites supposedly starting tomorrow.

Aaaand closed again. :v:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GhostDog posted:

Wait till you hear about Asetto Corsa competizione

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MrYenko posted:

Aaaand closed again. :v:

More like Rennshart

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GhostDog posted:

Gta but a sim, is it so much to ask…

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Automobilista 2 has started rolling out "new physics," starting with open wheel cars. I'm fairly new to racing with a wheel and I'd basically given up on AMS2, but I'm having a MUCH better time with it now. I'm qualifying within the pack and everything.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

bUm posted:

The 'esports sim' with a max of 12 cars on the grid lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GhostDog posted:

Asetto Corsa competizione is what you want

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Automobilista 2 has started rolling out "new physics," starting with open wheel cars. I'm fairly new to racing with a wheel and I'd basically given up on AMS2, but I'm having a MUCH better time with it now. I'm qualifying within the pack and everything.

The P1 cars are a blast to drive now.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

I said come in! posted:

Asetto Corsa competizione is what you want

I was joking. Most sims have GT3 and put a lot of focus on it, it's annoying. But I guess it's the only thing that sells.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Seems like The Crew Motorfest's Oahu is a pretty miniature version. Given that Ivory Tower's pretty much TDU's original developers, it's kinda disappointing that they're not going 1:1 on the second attempt. Content and procedural tools improved a lot since TDU2, so filling things out shouldn't be the issue. The handling will probably be somewhere between crap and meh, so the map size would have been the only other thing going for it.

Size isn't everything. I'm sure that the team that worked for 5 years on that map would be delighted to learn that "filling things out" isn't an issue.

Regarding handling perhaps give the game a chance before judging it crap.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

I am still baffled by this. Their own CTO stating that in order to have 13 cars on grid they would need some insane 50ghz CPU that doesn't exist yet. (Or something along those lines) Can't wait for multi class races with 4 cars in each class.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Wait, what? lmao and lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rennsport is doomed already to be an also-ran against iracing

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Why would you make a sim that does the exact same thing multiple existing sims do, but without the ability to run a full field?

Why would you bother doing that?

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
They are getting that sweet Saudi money through ESL. So that is probably why. Whenever games do esports tournaments before the public can even play them it always goes south.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
somebody please get a saudi prince addicted to RBR so they can bankroll 400 new maps. rallying around the kaaba as god intended

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

:dogstare:

Had paid basically no attention to the game besides seeing sign-ups were open when looking at Race Department, that's hilarious.

Boar It posted:

I am still baffled by this. Their own CTO stating that in order to have 13 cars on grid they would need some insane 50ghz CPU that doesn't exist yet. (Or something along those lines) Can't wait for multi class races with 4 cars in each class.

Good to see their CTO failed at learning Big O and opted for an engine that exponentially reaches unplayable at 13 cars on track. Hopefully they add Le Mans so you can do a 24 hour race and see if you ever find another car after the first few laps, excluding pit stops.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F1 2023 is out now, did anyone pick it up? This is the first year that i'm really on the fence about wanting to buy it. I think i'm mostly just tired of the F1 series at this point. The PC version does return with VR support again though so that is a big plus.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

F1 2023 is out now, did anyone pick it up? This is the first year that i'm really on the fence about wanting to buy it. I think i'm mostly just tired of the F1 series at this point. The PC version does return with VR support again though so that is a big plus.

I've sat out F1 for a good long time and I have the 8 hour trial installed on my Series X right now. Very curious to see how it is, as I've really been enjoying driving the generic F1-alike in AMS2 with the new physics.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I've sat out F1 for a good long time and I have the 8 hour trial installed on my Series X right now. Very curious to see how it is, as I've really been enjoying driving the generic F1-alike in AMS2 with the new physics.

I wish for the officially licensed game, the older generation F1 cars would come back. They only did that for one year, and I was hoping it would become standard.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I wish for the officially licensed game, the older generation F1 cars would come back. They only did that for one year, and I was hoping it would become standard.

I have 2013 on Steam and it has a bunch of throwback cars, is that the one you mean? Or did they do that again more recently?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I have 2013 on Steam and it has a bunch of throwback cars, is that the one you mean? Or did they do that again more recently?

More recent! F1 2020 I think is where they brought it back. I always see other fans of the series request that it come back too, but Codemasters ignores everyone.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

More recent! F1 2020 I think is where they brought it back. I always see other fans of the series request that it come back too, but Codemasters ignores everyone.

I'm sure that's just delisted as all hell by now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m waiting to see reports on the handling model. 2022 was hot garbage handling-wise

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I said come in! posted:

It’s EA now calling the shots remember. I assume by now anyone of consequence who was at Codemasters when they got acquired has left and it’s just another brand name.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Having an alright time in the first few hours of F1 23, but it's weirdly missing downshifts on my G920. Forza 7 and AMS2 don't seem to be doing it which makes me think it's game jank and not Logitech jank.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I'm on the fence because F1 22 was a complete waste of money :retrogames:--VR never worked no matter what I tried. Recently fully patched the game, drivers, headset, Windows, and all that to see if it was ever fixed and it still ran as terribly as when I gave up last August--struggling to maintain a steady 72 FPS, jittering a lot (although far less than launch), and looking so bad as to be nearly undrivable on VR low settings with a 3090 that ostensibly should run it fine on like med/high. Just don't get how it both looks and performs so dramatically worse than literally any other VR game. I know Dirt Rally 2.0, Project Cars 2, and the like are much older, but they all run fine with graphics maxed and resolution upscaled to 500% with no lag, no jitter, looking far better than F1 22 while no amount of dropping headset/SteamVR/game settings would make F1 22 playable or have non-potato graphics.

Very positive reviews so far on Steam for F1 23 with a weekend in the books (compared to solidly "Mixed" last year) and generally sounds like they fixed a lot of the F1 22 issues. But sounds like plenty of people who still had VR issues in F1 22 still have VR issues in F1 23 so not sure if it's worth even trying lest I get burned missing a refund window 2 years running on a game that I'd love to play but only if VR works like... literally every single other game with VR.

TheScott2K posted:

Having an alright time in the first few hours of F1 23, but it's weirdly missing downshifts on my G920. Forza 7 and AMS2 don't seem to be doing it which makes me think it's game jank and not Logitech jank.
Are you driving a Red Bull? Maybe they added it for realism.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

njsykora posted:

It’s EA now calling the shots remember. I assume by now anyone of consequence who was at Codemasters when they got acquired has left and it’s just another brand name.

Ooh yeah I think you're actually right. I know Ian Bell of Slightly Mad Games left in order to start a new studio. There was no way he was going to accept being back under EA.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I had AMS2 (and sim racing as a whole tbh) a bit on the backburner, but I tried out the overhauled Formula USA (Gen1) and drat this feels good to drive. I really hope the V8 Supercars end up with a big improvement as well, I never enjoyed them as much in AMS2 as I did in AMS1.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Yeah AMS2 is like a whole new actually-playable game with the new physics. They need to get that working on all the cars ASAP, they've got much stronger product all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I've joined the DD club. Hopefully my dang downstairs neighbor won't keep complaining about the noise now that the gears in my G29 aren't slamming off each other full force all the time.