Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah she decided not to stick around so i imprisoned her and 3 more drop pod guys with all the other skills i need came in back to back to back, started a jail riot, and now the whole base is covered in blood and trash. One of the prisoners got his leg punched off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

RUM hack posted:

i made a mod: Very Vanilla Turrets

it's a pretty basic set of turrets. I couldn't find a mod that provided 'the basic turrets, but upgraded versions as you move through the tech tree' so resolved to solve the problem myself. im mostly happy with how it came out.

give it a go or dont im not your mum

Pleased to see this. There was a "Simple Turrets" mod which did similar things and has been unmaintained for some time, a shame as stuff like the shotgun and advanced mini turret in that were nice. The only real missing thing is the laser and sniper turrets but those were respectively niche and busted so no great loss.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Anyone who shows up in a drop pod goes to prison if I deem them useful, unless they already happen to have my colony's religion. And they stay in prison until they decide that, actually, raiders aren't human beings; they just happen to have human organs. And that the group of beggars showing up and asking for 100 herbal medicine to "attempt a life saving operation on their friend" are probably trying to scam us or have no idea what they're doing and their friend is dead either way, so gently caress wasting 100 herbal medicine for no reason.

Oh and also using the eldritch energies from an extra-dimensional realm of madness to turn various lifeforms into eyeball-covered abominations like a crop-duster filled with g-virus flew over the area in order for them to serve us is actually a great idea.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Can't everyone see how much happier they all are once they emerge from the Convincement Chamber? Really I'm doing them a favor when I enlighten them to the truth of why becoming a bio-sculpted monstrosity citizen working to summon eldritch gods that will mercifully kill us first is good for them, actually.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I’m sensing a pattern

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Brb having a serious mental break because I propositioned everything that moves 5 times each today and somehow they all said no

I think I ended up using a mod to reduce that stupid behavior

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I got a crashed pod with the mother of one colonist (who is the lover of her dad - also a colonist ).

Love it when parents drop by.

In my latest run of a chartacer-edited one-man raid stopper, Ninja, I just set him up with a base instead of caravaning the world when who wanders in but his dad, Bear. Full on Are You Winning Yet, Son? energy. He's an excellent fighter even without bionics, randomly had nature focus for getting psycasts, and that's cool as he nothing else to contribute but sitting by a tree all day. A missing leg was just an easy opportunity to start him on his new cyborg journey. Now, they are an unstoppable, kill-thirsty outpost smashing duo.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

YBIOSPOS

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I believe the technical term is "messy bitch who loves drama."

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Reddit is the only source of information on the planet anymore so I'll ask here, is there a mod to hide or tweak the notifs that show up at the top left? Not sure if anyone has asked before

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

The Velvet Witch posted:

Reddit is the only source of information on the planet anymore so I'll ask here, is there a mod to hide or tweak the notifs that show up at the top left? Not sure if anyone has asked before

You mean like Block Unwanted Minutiae? Haven't run it recently but at least the modpage says it's updated for 1.4

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

silentsnack posted:

You mean like Block Unwanted Minutiae? Haven't run it recently but at least the modpage says it's updated for 1.4

oh yeye this works, thank you!

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Anyone here a guru at reading logs? My game was fine, haven't updated any mods in ~24 hours, but now when I load my save it plays for about a minute then shits the bed. Crash to desktop, no error message or anything. The ingame log thing has a bunch of red but it's all Greek to me.

How do you even read this stuff

Thanks for any help or mockery.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
load your save, save it to a fresh save file name, quit the game entirely and reboot, then load the fresh save and pray

you have a lot of really nasty looking errors in there and if you hadn't recently added any new mods, there isn't a great explanation for some of them - this poo poo in particular is like, you have a damaged or otherwise bad bitmap file or you were given a system or driver update that is hosed up for some reason unrelated to the game files :shrug:

code:
d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=6005 width=128 height=511 mips=10 dxgifmt=28 [D3D error was 80070057]
(Filename:  Line: 587)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=6005 [D3D error was 80070057]
(Filename:  Line: 537)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=6023 width=511 height=128 mips=10 dxgifmt=28 [D3D error was 80070057]
(Filename:  Line: 587)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=6023 [D3D error was 80070057]
(Filename:  Line: 537)
so yeah write a fresh save, reboot and try to load the fresh save, review the log for anything like this or that is labeled "exception"

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Hmm, wonder if that is because I used rimpy to optimize textures? Oh well I'm not married to the save so I'm just gonna flush the whole game out and reinstall.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh yeah don’t run RimPy’s texture or space saving functions. They break mods horribly.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I've used RimPy's texture upscaler, never had issues. :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

boneration posted:

Hmm, wonder if that is because I used rimpy to optimize textures? Oh well I'm not married to the save so I'm just gonna flush the whole game out and reinstall.

the problem may not be linked to your save at all, so you should try loading it again after you do this

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Flesh Forge posted:

the problem may not be linked to your save at all, so you should try loading it again after you do this

Still getting them d3d11 errors so I'm gonna start going through the mod list. Wish me luck!

VVV that's the plan, Stan

boneration fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 15, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

boneration posted:

Still getting them d3d11 errors so I'm gonna start going through the mod list. Wish me luck!

Some technique in handling this can make it faster. Do one half at a time. Then you'll know which half it is. Then of what's left, do half again. Repeat a few times and it gets narrowed down pretty quick. A lot easier than hunt-and-peck or guessing.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Well that was faster than I expected. It was this mod that was causing the crash and the d3d errors. New log looks much cleaner I think?

Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated.

boneration fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 15, 2023

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:thumbsup:

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Having some issues with a colonist I've arrested due to a trantrum. They're kind of just stuck and I can't do anything with them other than release, and when I do that they want to leave. I can't re-recruit them or anything. My wardens don't seem to have any options. It's very odd.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

EDIT: nevermind, it looks like there's some hidden cooldown on wardens doing things so that probably explains it.

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 17, 2023

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Apparently it's not just beer I need to keep away from animals. :cripes:

(a trader showed up 60 seconds later so I just sold the dog and dealt with the "gave away bonded animal" mood hit. It's fine, terriers can't even haul anyway. :colbert:)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I had a duck take some luci and shortly after a trader showed up with more ducks. My luci addicted duck was worth more so I traded ducks and got a few silver for my troubles.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

-6 mood: Sold cursed duck

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
man did I read that wrong

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Luci should max out all abilities on an animal. Your guinea pig should be able to attack and haul if you're paying the red price

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Heffer posted:

Luci should max out all abilities on an animal. Your guinea pig should be able to attack and haul if you're paying the red price

The ol' duckenheimer, buzzed to the gills on luci, walked past with a stack of wood balanced on its head

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Dareon posted:

The ol' duckenheimer, buzzed to the gills on luci, walked past with a stack of wood balanced on its head

Duck talks to trader first, sells the colonist that's thinking of selling it

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I recently got a raid event which I assume is probably from a mod, which is basically a normal raid, except all the raiders were kids from one of the always-at-war factions. Just a wave of like 60 kids that can't be reasoned with brandishing shivs and wooden swords and what I assume are toy bows, all throwing themselves at my fortifications and static defense emplacements. I tried saving those that got downed but even then not many made it, so now on top of everything else there's piles of dead kids all over the place which need to be dealt with. My colonists were left kind of traumatized by the whole thing, and I gotta admit it's the first time in a while I felt bad about doing bad things to raiders, not that I had much of a choice.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Veal for your cannibals, whats the problem?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

If your scenario options has Child Raiders enabled then rhat's a vanilla raid possibility, pretty sure

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

You can turn that off, the option is labeled "Star Trek Mode"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Leal posted:

Veal for your cannibals, whats the problem?

I'm not running a cannibal colony and it's sufficiently well-established that I shouldn't have to resort to rim delicacies even if I get hit by long term toxic fallout, permanent darkness, and EM disruptions all at once.

Guess I'll use them to extract human genomes and biomatter for my genetics research. Good thing colonists don't mind throwing human bodies in the giant grinder to get raw gene templates, or centrifuging them into sludge and separating the result, or however it is they manage to extract a single vial of purified genetic material out of an entire human body.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Not an empty quote.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
My most recent colony has been a weird experience, I’m not sure if something bugged but it’s been almost a year and I haven’t had a single raid. Mad animals, sure, but nobody’s shown up to actually fight me and it’s kind of frustrating! I’m doing a sanguinophage run and my starting pawns are honestly trash at almost everything other than social, but I figured, hey, no problemo, just down some raiders and start building my vampire’s lady’s harem of sexy himbo goth butlers. Now my starting pair have each had an inspired recruitment come and go with nothing to show for it.

I never thought I’d see the day where I was actually hoping for more mindless dumbasses to just throw themselves against my walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Good thing colonists don't mind throwing human bodies in the giant grinder to get raw gene templates, or centrifuging them into sludge and separating the result, or however it is they manage to extract a single vial of purified genetic material out of an entire human body.

Nutrient-Paste-Extended compatible mod that produces it as a byproduct from gene extractors.