Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Alan Smithee posted:

willo567 is technically under a million :thunk:

Is his sperm count about a million? Maybe they meant potential future people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
One million Rubles works out to a little over 11,000 USD.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Plan R posted:

One million Rubles works out to a little over 11,000 USD.

What'll it be in 20 minutes, 11,500?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pander posted:

Is his sperm count about a million? Maybe they meant potential future people.

we'd all be gengis khan if we counted that

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Luka's grip is so poor, that he couldn't and can't commit troops. Putin must be going out of his mind with Luka. So yeah, Luka has got to be saying crazy poo poo like this to compensate. After all, only a imperialist nutjob like Putin would even think about invading that poorly run country. Who the gently caress wants it?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

the popes toes posted:

Luka's grip is so poor, that he couldn't and can't commit troops. Putin must be going out of his mind with Luka. So yeah, Luka has got to be saying crazy poo poo like this to compensate. After all, only a imperialist nutjob like Putin would even think about invading that poorly run country. Who the gently caress wants it?

"Three times more powerful Comrades! With this weapon we can hit somewhere in the region of the enemy and maybe do some damage. A glorious day!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/13/7406732/

Luxembourg recognizes the Holodomor as genocide of Ukrainian people:

quote:

On Tuesday 13 June, The Chamber of Deputies of Luxembourg adopted a resolution recognising the Holodomor of 1932-1933 as a genocide of the Ukrainian people.

Source: This was reported by European Pravda

Details: The text of the adopted resolution on the recognition of the Holodomor in Ukraine as genocide is not yet provided on the website of the Luxembourg Parliament.

Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister, welcomed the historic decision of the Luxembourg deputies.

In general, the Holodomor genocide of the Ukrainian people has already been recognized by the parliaments of almost three dozen countries of the world, in particular in Europe.

During the spring, such a step was taken, among other institutions, by the lower house of Belgian parliaments, the Parliament of Iceland and the upper house of the French parliament, as well as the parliament of Slovenia and the House of Commons in Great Britain.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HonorableTB posted:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/13/7406732/

Have dealing with the SAD slapfight, Luxembourg

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

HonorableTB posted:

"loving lib Luxembourgers will call anything] they don't like a 'genocide'. They slap the term on so much that it's lost all meaning and detracts from the memory of real genocides. Just because Putin has made explicit his intent to wipe out the phony 'Ukrainian identity' doesn't make it a genocide—afterall, you can't wipe out a group of people who don't really exist, amiright?"
—some fash pos masquerading as a leftist on Twitter somewhere

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Shinjobi posted:

Have dealing with the SAD slapfight, Luxembourg

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

"loving lib Luxembourgers will call anything] they don't like a 'genocide'. They slap the term on so much that it's lost all meaning and detracts from the memory of real genocides. Just because Putin has made explicit his intent to wipe out the phony 'Ukrainian identity' doesn't make it a genocide—afterall, you can't wipe out a group of people who don't really exist, amiright?"
—some fash pos masquerading as a leftist on Twitter somewhere

Psh look at this shitlib thinking the holodomor definitely happened ;)

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Blowing up a dam and flooding the river valley? I'm sure things will be fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_Yellow_River_flood

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/SergeySanovich/status/1668788792151646208?t=ZvxPu10n1bXYsshlcOwZSg&s=19

quote:

I have said and written many times that if we correctly build a strategy of intimidation and deterrence and even use of nuclear weapons, the risk of a “retaliatory” nuclear or any other strike on our territory can be reduced to an absolute minimum. Only a madman, who, above all, hates America, will have the guts to strike back in “defense” of Europeans, thus putting his own country at risk and sacrificing conditional Boston for conditional Poznan. Both the U.S. and Europe know this very well, but they just prefer not to think about it. We have encouraged this thoughtlessness ourselves with our own peace-loving rhetoric

Are willos balls in Boston now?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

That peace-loving rhetoric will get you every time.

Henry Kissinger

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"The Russian people must come to realize that the only way forward is for the state to nuke a city anytime we don't get what we want!"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The war brings new levels of contempt for these talking head professors in badly fitting suits.

Russia doesn't exist except in the sense that a rich guy pays to have his name on a hospital wing. It's an unclaimed territory on the map squatted in by incidental Soviet armed bandits. The only thing holding it as a coherent entity is two third rate cities making GBS threads on everyone else. In terms of legitimacy, occupation by China will be a slight improvement.

E: so when old boy says let's launch nukes for the good of the country, what country is he talking about?

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 14, 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What a psychotic fuckin article

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Wow, that's some strategic thinking. No wonder their strategic thinking behind 3-day SMO to demilitarize Ukraine and weaken West resulted in 200k+ casualties, western weapons sent to Ukraine, strengthened NATO and weakened Russia.

quote:

For many years I have studied the history of nuclear strategy and come to an unambiguous, albeit seemingly not quite scientific, conclusion. The creation of nuclear weapons was the result of divine intervention. Horrified to see that people, Europeans and the Japanese who had joined them, had unleashed two world wars within the life-span of one generation, sacrificing tens of millions of lives, God handed a weapon of Armageddon to humanity to remind those who had lost the fear of hell that it existed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

China will thank us for owning ourselves so they can own us

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

Russia doesn't exist except in the sense that a rich guy pays to have his name on a hospital wing. It's an unclaimed territory on the map squatted in by incidental Soviet armed bandits. The only thing holding it as a coherent entity is two third rate cities making GBS threads on everyone else.

This type of thinking is exactly what leads brains to smooth out and write articles like the above one

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Dialling it back a bit, I do think it's fair to say that some countries are a hollowed out vehicle for the advancement of a handful of oligarchs or generals.

All autocracies are on this path because by definition they can't rely on popular consent. It's up for debate at what point the nation completely decouples from the people that live in it, but I haven't seen anything from Russia suggesting it hasn't leapt over the line.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

I think they watched Aura Battler Dunbine.

Idiots, they SPARED Boston instead of nuking it!!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

on the other hand, US sees no sign of nukes being deployed in Belarus

quote:

On Belarus, all I can tell you is we’ve seen no indication of anything that would force us to change our own posture with respect to nuclear readiness or capabilities. The constant rhetoric — in this case, out of Lukashenko — just is in keeping with reckless and irresponsible ways of talking about nuclear capabilities.

But, again, we haven’t seen any indication that movement of nuclear weapons is imminent or happening. And we certainly haven’t seen anything that would cause us to change our own posture.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

fatherboxx posted:

This type of thinking is exactly what leads brains to smooth out and write articles like the above one

Yeah I dunno normally I would agree that elitism and generalizations are bad and but I don't really see how broad strokes criticism of Russian society is gonna lead someone down a path to something similar to "Nuclear Armageddon is good actually, God gave us Nukes."

Especially you know, someone in a position of authority and not a position you want someone raging out with hysterical annihilationist rhetoric.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 14, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

*steals a toilet and dies*

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah I dunno normally I would agree that elitism and generalizations are bad and but I don't really see how broad strokes criticism of Russian society is gonna lead someone down a path to something similar to "Nuclear Armageddon is good actually, God gave us Nukes."

Especially you know, someone in a position of authority and not a position you want someone raging out with hysterical annihilationist rhetoric.

the post that is in response to is an almost word to word restatement of russia's reasoning for launching the war just with the names reversed.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

the post that is in response to is an almost word to word restatement of russia's reasoning for launching the war just with the names reversed.

That's fair actually. I kind of glossed over the "russia doesn't exist" part.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1668900275061510144
Oh dear, how sad.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yep
Putin was certain that Ukraine is a failed state held by ductape and here we are

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Lukas going to go total scorched earth on Putins behalf just as soon as he finishes up peeling that last bag of potatoes.

He couldn't convince his own guys that getting more directly involved was a good idea before, I doubt they've been watching how it's been going for Russia and suddenly changed their minds.

When thing are going especially well the monkeys always runs around gibbering about the nuke nook ooks.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine/status/1668586727315763201
Killed in Ukraine claims that Kadyrov's right hand man, or perhaps another in his inner circle, may have been killed in the missile strike on the Lazurne base yesterday.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Yeah every time someone says poo poo like that in this thread it should be pointed out for what it is and I'm glad that was done here.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Know what, you're right and there's no point backpedaling.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Speaking of rephrasing weird Russian opinions. Stripping away the weird geopolitics/history takes, "Nukes were sent from god as a reminder of hell because we had too many horrible wars" is not the worst religious restatement of MAD I have heard.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hmm yes we should send our enemies to hell with sarmat yes yes :hmmyes:

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine/status/1668586727315763201
Killed in Ukraine claims that Kadyrov's right hand man, or perhaps another in his inner circle, may have been killed in the missile strike on the Lazurne base yesterday.

Oh god please, that guy is almost certainly the one who managed the shooting of Nemtsov and most likely many, many other people

To add to the weirdness apparently the Chechen warlord is asking the Ukrainian special services to tell him exactly what they were targeting so he can figure out if he's dead or not as he can't get in touch

https://twitter.com/666_mancer/status/1668908136932024321

This online nearly realtime news and public communication of parties at war is extremely strange

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

did this guy just write "Lol, what?' in Russian?

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Autisanal Cheese posted:

did this guy just write "Lol, what?' in Russian?

yea

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Somaen posted:

Oh god please, that guy is almost certainly the one who managed the shooting of Nemtsov and most likely many, many other people

To add to the weirdness apparently the Chechen warlord is asking the Ukrainian special services to tell him exactly what they were targeting so he can figure out if he's dead or not as he can't get in touch

https://twitter.com/666_mancer/status/1668908136932024321

This online nearly realtime news and public communication of parties at war is extremely strange

they should reply "don don DON DON"

to Beethoven's 5th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

he dead

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668919520445059075