Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1667911068792832000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Relive The Mid this Summer!

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Say what you will about it but that opening scene when Craig is bashing that thing on his wrist with a rock kicks rear end.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

finally watched the From Beyond 4K. extremely good poo poo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just watched birdemic.

i'll never be the same, that's for sure.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
John Wick 4 blu/UHD apparently released on Friday? Was that unexpected? I could've sworn it was on the calendar for this Tuesday just like all the other weekly releases.

Definitely gonna swing by Best Buy this afternoon.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1668264330255560709

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/JimGR/status/1667074634221494274?s=20

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

gonna need to get the alan partridge series just for that alone. love me some gary numan.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I like static menus because a lot of the time you have a menu where it's like showing you a whole scene from the movie and I don't wanna see that yet!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
A few Indicator blu-rays are getting yanked because Disney. Grab them before June 30th if anything on this list tickles your pickle.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/deletions

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

this thread also leads to this which is a must watch/hear

https://twitter.com/tomlennon/status/1667636247437688839

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

A few Indicator blu-rays are getting yanked because Disney. Grab them before June 30th if anything on this list tickles your pickle.

grabbing Little Murders and The Third Secret (and some non-going out of print 3 for $20 sale items (Roadgames, Mondern Romance, Housekeeping and Blue Collar).

4 total blind buys, but glad to own Roadgames and Blue Collar finally.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

CPL593H posted:

Thanks for heads up, grabbed 'em and a few more while at it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I wouldn't mind getting the three I don't have (Snake Pit, Massacre, Third Secret) but $18 shipping for $22 of movies is killing me.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pwn posted:

I wouldn't mind getting the three I don't have (Snake Pit, Massacre, Third Secret) but $18 shipping for $22 of movies is killing me.

yeah that was my "and a few more" lol. I snagged like 15 total so it made more sense with the shipping (The 3 for 20 special stacks)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah if the 3 for $20 didn’t stack it wouldn’t be worth it, but $67 shipped for 6 movies ain’t bad at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1668715195265318912

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1668792822814629888?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

Guess I gotta sell the blu ray I haven’t watched.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Today's been a good announcement day for Scumbums. I'll take 'em both!

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

amazing movie, glad it's getting more eyes on it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It got pulled in the horror bracket last year (maybe earlier this year?) It was loving wild

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Just made a checklist of me and my partner's favorite movies by combining my top 116 with their top 100, ending up with 159 movies. I want to collect a physical copy of every single one, either on BD/4K, DVD, or even VHS if they are unique or just cool to own on tape (for example I recently found a copy of Bound at a thrift store, and I have a Blockbuster Exclusive copy of Halloween signed by Joe Bob Briggs). It's going to get interesting to figure out what I want to do for films that never had a US release, or even ones that had no release at all. I may consider importing the Japanese BD for Takashi Miike's Ace Attorney movie, but for It's Such A Beautiful Day...guess I'll have to fire up Photoshop or something. It's also crazy seeing what's out-of-print - like drat I'm not paying $100 for a Zachariah BD no matter how much I like that movie.

On a related note, how long do you think it'll take for VS to start shipping out stuff to non-members from that last sale? Anyone have any experience with that?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probably near the end of the month

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Just made a checklist of me and my partner's favorite movies by combining my top 116 with their top 100, ending up with 159 movies. I want to collect a physical copy of every single one, either on BD/4K, DVD, or even VHS if they are unique or just cool to own on tape (for example I recently found a copy of Bound at a thrift store, and I have a Blockbuster Exclusive copy of Halloween signed by Joe Bob Briggs). It's going to get interesting to figure out what I want to do for films that never had a US release, or even ones that had no release at all. I may consider importing the Japanese BD for Takashi Miike's Ace Attorney movie, but for It's Such A Beautiful Day...guess I'll have to fire up Photoshop or something. It's also crazy seeing what's out-of-print - like drat I'm not paying $100 for a Zachariah BD no matter how much I like that movie.

On a related note, how long do you think it'll take for VS to start shipping out stuff to non-members from that last sale? Anyone have any experience with that?

Man there's nothing worse than finding out a movie got a physical release but it's out of print and super expensive now.

Like, holy poo poo Linda Linda Linda got a DVD in America? And it's gone forever now?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Man there's nothing worse than finding out a movie got a physical release but it's out of print and super expensive now.

Like, holy poo poo Linda Linda Linda got a DVD in America? And it's gone forever now?

Ha, and I'm about to watch that movie for the first time this week! Thankfully it's easy enough to find digitally but that's already bumming me out.

Dogma being so high in price because of the distribution issues sucks. It's insane that a movie I originally watched on a PSP UMD (which I still own!) is now relegated to constant YouTube uploads and creator-endorsed piracy.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Feeling blessed that I spend less than the cost of a single vinegar syndrome order for a lot of the posters here ($540/yr) to have unlimited access to a 90,000+ movie library at my local rental store. They have a ton of rare and oop stuff, and the discoverability of an in person location is unmatched.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

MacheteZombie posted:

Probably near the end of the month

yeah they said middle of the month, but we're here and so far the only thing that's gone out for me is the single partner sale item I bought. they're probably very backed up this year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the middle of the month isn't until tomorrow at midnight.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

My order that was a pre-ordered Showgirls copy and Roadhouse during the sale shipped Monday.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

how is that the first Henenlotter UHD when Brain Damage is right there

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

the middle of the month isn't until tomorrow at midnight.

my work brain is very much in control right now :smug: im technically in August too :cry:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I just got an email today that mine shipped

pwn
May 27, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Ha, and I'm about to watch that movie for the first time this week! Thankfully it's easy enough to find digitally but that's already bumming me out.

Dogma being so high in price because of the distribution issues sucks. It's insane that a movie I originally watched on a PSP UMD (which I still own!) is now relegated to constant YouTube uploads and creator-endorsed piracy.

You can get the deluxe DVD release for nothing. I've a spare if you want it for shipping. It's just the Blu that's stupidly expensive

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Brexit the Frog posted:

how is that the first Henenlotter UHD when Brain Damage is right there

I mean, I'd put it third after Frankenhooker and Basket Case but your point still stands.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ed: neermind i'm stupid

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

pwn posted:

You can get the deluxe DVD release for nothing. I've a spare if you want it for shipping. It's just the Blu that's stupidly expensive

That was a "that's on my list" DVD when I was 16 and everything was getting rad 2 disc DVDs. Very glad I held on to it so I can watch the drat movie sometimes.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

pwn posted:

That would be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

That was a "that's on my list" DVD when I was 16 and everything was getting rad 2 disc DVDs. Very glad I held on to it so I can watch the drat movie sometimes.

No shame, it's a classy affair

I'm hanging on to it even if I do get the Blu-ray because the blu is just a disc in a case from what I can tell. I like the DVD packaging.

Speaking of packaging: Fourth Indy Steel arrived and boy is it nice to have them all together.

Final tally: $88 (Raiders 25, Doom 28, Crusade 15, Skull 20)

Please, when the Dial of Destiny Steelbook inevitably comes out, please have it match the others. Please. I only ask one thing of you, Paramount. Just use the poster and layout. You have the files, this is so easy, please don't gently caress it up

just use the goddamned poster art!!