Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It were during the union summer the prairie fires started. Some said they caved that mine in on purpose, but I couldn't hardly believe it. Ma told me just to mind myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chairman Mao Babies

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I want a job monitoring weather patterns and their effect on Bugs Bunny

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
this is how much pure cocaine you would need to enjoy this movie

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Old Lady Psychist: "You were caught scrolling unauthorized cinemas? :geno:"

Crow (exasperatedly): "Yeah, that's been established! :argh:"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

When I was in high school, if you took a fourth year of Spanish, you had to make a 15 minute "movie" entirely in Spanish.

Now last night, I couldn't sleep and decided to watch something I've never seen before. This lead me to the Rifftrax of "Replica."

All of those 11th grade Spanish class movies were better written, acted, filmed, and edited.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Old Lady Psychist: "You were caught scrolling unauthorized cinemas? :geno:"

Crow (exasperatedly): "Yeah, that's been established! :argh:"

Yes, Aram Fingal: from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Yes, Aram Fingal: from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

:j: "My name is Apollonia James."

:rolleyes: "Yeah, right."

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Sydney Bottocks posted:

:j: "My name is............ Apollonia James."

Sorry, forgot for a second there

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
She opened her syntho-flavo door.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Oh yeah, old guys becoming pandas, that's the future. :rolleyes:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Mustache: visible.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Sash! posted:

When I was in high school, if you took a fourth year of Spanish, you had to make a 15 minute "movie" entirely in Spanish.

Now last night, I couldn't sleep and decided to watch something I've never seen before. This lead me to the Rifftrax of "Replica."

All of those 11th grade Spanish class movies were better written, acted, filmed, and edited.

IMO Replica is more watchable than Birdemic.

"Vees vee?"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
DOCTOR WHO...the hell cares!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Did I imagine it, Mike, or did a chubby angel with gin blossoms just visit us?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
(electronic fart-like noise)

"What was that? Servo, was that you?"

"No, mine are silent."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bix Duggan

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Big Stupid

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I actually like that movie a lot but the ending is so wtf

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Watching Rifftrax"s Frankenstein Island and boy the Jerry Warren players did not age well

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

verbal enema posted:

A young woman (waitress, poor, no prospects) had to die so that a young man (wealthy, connected family, world at his feet) could grow. What's not to get?

"Are you waiting for a bus?"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Same with High School Big Shot, but for the entire movie and I don’t like it at all.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Same with High School Big Shot, but for the entire movie and I don’t like it at all.

whats the one teenage exploitation where the family gets taken hostage? that one is pretty rough too

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Somehow grafting Kubrick's The Killing onto a teen delinquent movie just makes the whole thing that much bleaker. (Well, and throwing in the bit with the alcoholic father.)

verbal enema posted:

whats the one teenage exploitation where the family gets taken hostage? that one is pretty rough too

Teenage Crime Wave. I gotta say, I have a soft spot for those 50's teen movies, they're just so melodramatic and alarmist, but also oddly sanitized - until the inevitable, Shakespearean bloodbath of an ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He'll never touch you Terry, you're dirt

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i think the old man reading the bible out loud was an amazing lil touch

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JethroMcB posted:

Teenage Crime Wave. I gotta say, I have a soft spot for those 50's teen movies, they're just so melodramatic and alarmist, but also oddly sanitized - until the inevitable, Shakespearean bloodbath of an ending.

That has the very weird scene of the women criminals taking the random shlubby guy they stick up off to pleasure him in the woods because... crime?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That is The Violent Years which is a completely different movie about teenagers doing a crime wave.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

That is The Violent Years which is a completely different movie about teenagers doing a crime wave.

Oh right. Crime Wave is where they lightly terrorize a farm family.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I killed that fat barkeep

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

I killed that fat barkeep

I'm gonna Moon ya, man!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Shut up, Iris.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

That has the very weird scene of the women criminals taking the random shlubby guy they stick up off to pleasure him in the woods because... crime?

Yes, I'd consider a gang rape a crime, considering that's literally what happened?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think they meant that the girls' motivation for the rape was fairly vague. It didn't have anything to do with their other crimes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Dawgstar posted:

They weren't taking a "random schlubby guy" off to "pleasure him in the woods". They came across a couple making out on a date, accosted them at gunpoint, forced the woman to strip down to her underwear, and then took the man off to the woods to at least sexually molest (if not outright rape) him. The MST3K gang, and most Internet reviews of the film in general, took the "hur hur he's gonna be 'forced' to have sex with four hot women" approach to the scene, and since it's an Ed Wood script, it's written about as badly as you'd expect he would write it, but it's still someone getting sexually assaulted at gunpoint at the end of the day. Again, the "if the genders were reversed" rule comes into play here.

There's a handful of MST3K films I generally don't rewatch because I find them to be too boring/depressing, or because I think the MST3K crew kind of let the side down with their treatment of it, and The Violent Years is one of them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm watchin' Soultaker and I forgot how much this movie rules. Estevez and Z'Dar and this guy

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They weren't taking a "random schlubby guy" off to "pleasure him in the woods". They came across a couple making out on a date, accosted them at gunpoint, forced the woman to strip down to her underwear, and then took the man off to the woods to at least sexually molest (if not outright rape) him. The MST3K gang, and most Internet reviews of the film in general, took the "hur hur he's gonna be 'forced' to have sex with four hot women" approach to the scene, and since it's an Ed Wood script, it's written about as badly as you'd expect he would write it, but it's still someone getting sexually assaulted at gunpoint at the end of the day. Again, the "if the genders were reversed" rule comes into play here.

There's a handful of MST3K films I generally don't rewatch because I find them to be too boring/depressing, or because I think the MST3K crew kind of let the side down with their treatment of it, and The Violent Years is one of them.

Yeah, they toss in one single throwaway riff later on that calls it out as what it was, but too little too late.

For a while, the Twitch channel had that scene as a clip they'd splice in at random. :barf:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

I think they meant that the girls' motivation for the rape was fairly vague. It didn't have anything to do with their other crimes.

That's what I meant, but the other points are well taken.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Dawgstar posted:

That's what I meant, but the other points are well taken.

And apologies if I came across as a bit preachy or anything, for my part. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And apologies if I came across as a bit preachy or anything, for my part. :)

No, no! The perspective was welcome. I never saw it thought of it that way before for the reasons you listed, pretty much, now that I think about it. It's not one I ever revisit anyway. (More of a San Fran International kinda guy.)