Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman Reigns is pretty over. Tribal Chief is a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

forkboy84 posted:

The last time I checked Wreddit even suggesting that this was a valid viewpoint, not even disagreeing but just saying "it's possible for this to be a sincerely held belief", you'd get down voted into oblivion faster than a speeding bullet. It was quite insane

Because they are their guys - 4channers and ironic racism. They got so mad when they won Worst Gimmick in WON and they couldn't understand that anyone could consider them the worst when not even the most hardcore AEW smark is as terminally online or internet than anyone who liked these two.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But they know the words to Buck Bumble.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hirez posted:

I can't believe the Maximum Model gimmick didn't work. When's the last time a job gimmick went over?

Cutler vs Avalon was a job villain, I guess

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that WWE's had new tag belts ready to go for like years at this point and they've just never used them and now they're putting out new singles belts every week without any mention of said tag belts?

the spartan helmet tag belts were delayed because Hunter and Shawn didnt want to carry them

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Hirez posted:

I can't believe the Maximum Model gimmick didn't work. When's the last time a job gimmick went over?

Cody Rhodes is still somewhat popular after his programs with reigns and Lesnar.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Seth showed up on NXT via taped promo video. He accepted Bron's callout and will have a match with him for his title on NXT

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Breetai posted:

Cody Rhodes is still somewhat popular after his programs with reigns and Lesnar.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

TV deals are coming up and like I posted a bit ago, Khan’s going around saying he expects raises from what they got in every deal (Fox is hesitant about that to say the least lol)

Their attempts at saying NXT deserves not just to stay on TV but for its owner to pay more than the last so far have been “we now have Mustafa Ali, Baron Corbin and Bea Priestley”, saying “also the participation trophy title now is occasionally possibly sometimes defended on it” is debatably less pathetic

Even a week of promotion for it so they can say "really we care This Time"

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1668778231879593984

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wait, the blue thunder bomb won a match?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going back to Maximum Male Models.

Arent they just a blatant rip off of Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky doing thr "handsome well dressedmuscly men" thing in AEW?

The difference being Ethan Page is handsome anf charismatic, and Scorpio Sky can wrestle well. As opposed to Mace and Mansoor who are no e ofthose things.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There have been model and model-adjacent gimmicks for years. If anything they're ripping off Rick Martel or Tyler Breeze.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. I didn’t watch a lot of the two model 4channers but the gimmick seemed to be explicitly models which (a) isn’t what Page and Sky were doing at all and (b) is a well worn trope.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Men of The Year were two hunky dudes that won the prestigious Man of The Year award.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine just wrecking your body for subpar pay and zero chance at becoming popular.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Imagine just wrecking your body for subpar pay and zero chance at becoming popular.

thats just my job HAH :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

TheKingslayer posted:

Wringing my hands over what happens when they run out of pops.

Isn't that just when they back another dump truck of money up to Lesnar's farm to get him to show up and visibly not give a poo poo for a couple appearances?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Isn't that just when they back another dump truck of money up to Lesnar's farm to get him to show up and visibly not give a poo poo for a couple appearances?

He’s already doing that

They’ll have to go to another well. Maybe Goldberg again if Tony doesn’t first

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

They’ll have to go to another well

very normal sized truck full of pennies in front of hogan's house

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BrigadierSensible posted:

Going back to Maximum Male Models.

Arent they just a blatant rip off of Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky doing thr "handsome well dressedmuscly men" thing in AEW?

The difference being Ethan Page is handsome anf charismatic, and Scorpio Sky can wrestle well. As opposed to Mace and Mansoor who are no e ofthose things.

Handsome well dressed muscly men is hardly a gimmick created by AEW, come on.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The Maximum Male Models unique spin is - male models have french sounding names, this is very relevant joke in the 2020s

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/localsoundwave/status/1668734593082568704?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why would I watch the show, Paul?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Yo same

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You should win belts by watching. Paul write this down

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the sex ghost posted:

You should win belts by watching. Paul write this down

the tv champ if you will

bartok
May 10, 2006

in America we believe we are just one step away from being popular millionaires

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

bartok posted:

in America we believe we are just one step away from being popular millionaires

They’re closer than most but due to an insane old man they’ll never be given a chance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

*sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day that will destroy my back staring at a screen that will destroy my eyes for 41k a year before taxes* you tell em

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

*sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day that will destroy my back staring at a screen that will destroy my eyes for 41k a year before taxes* you tell em

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Chris James 2 posted:

Even a week of promotion for it so they can say "really we care This Time"

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1668778231879593984

Every incarnation of Seth Rollins is worse than the one that preceded it.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Seth looks like a Californian guru techbro.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He should go back to hardcore dancing and Owens should come out and just truck him from behind every single time and that’s the segment

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

You should win belts by watching

isnt that the rumor about cornette and his wife

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The political hit

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

I personally think the group should have been called Johnny Five Aces

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Kurash posted:

Did people really not like Snowfall on FX? I enjoyed it immensely and it certainly was one of the TV shows with a Good Ending

Snowfall was great but I had to resort to the show reddit to find any discussion of it online

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

Seth looks like a Californian guru techbro.

seth "wework" rollins

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

forkboy84 posted:

Handsome well dressed muscly men is hardly a gimmick created by AEW, come on.

I know. I just thought, (mistakenly), that because of the closeness in proximity of the two gimmicks they were related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
MMM was never gonna get over but I just loved the idea of super nerd poo poo posters getting tv time. They will probably get repackaged and fired