Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost

cult_hero posted:

There is no reason for a spider to go into a fly trap, this was done intentionally.

Honestly, why are y'all so terrified of spiders? they're a better pest control than a raft of Venus fly traps, plus they're loving gorgeous....

Seriously, all you single guys could be so lucky.

:wrong: Flytraps are arachnid eating machines and will stop at nothing until Australia is freed from captivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SwissDonkey posted:

They were really cool to watch do their thing. Hunstman spiders can still gently caress off though, it's the way they move

Huntsman are just the chill'est. Had one that would climb up and down the wall right next to my bed when I was a kid. If a fly ever got into that room it was never long for this world.

Geckos also work for flies and mozzies are also pretty cool. Did have one drop on my face from the ceiling in the middle of the night when I was asleep once though, which was confusing as hell.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

If you intentionally wrote kerning as 'keming' as a kerning joke you deserve a coke.

True, that one deserved a :golfclap:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Plan R posted:

I worked at Fred Meyer back in '97 and we had to unbox a bunch of stuff and, boom, there's a Black Widow. It was between two boxes so the solution was simple and direct.

I knew they were related, but do Black Widow spiders have those red dots on them? Like a Redback Spider.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Keeping spiders as pest control? Screw that, anything that comes into my house with more than four legs dies.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Valko posted:

Keeping spiders as pest control? Screw that, anything that comes into my house with more than four legs dies.

Let's hope Odin never parks his horse on your property.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Valko posted:

Not real, sadly

https://twitter.com/RealDMitchell/status/543561294457364480?s=20

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's a shame, it's pretty solid advice

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Antigravitas posted:

This is the most cursed book ever written, right after the book that teaches you how to spot bad kerning, and for the same reason.

You bastard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Who posted this? Is that Benedict Cumberbatch?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yeah sorry, I knew that when I posted it. Not surprised it didn't take long for someone to call me out. This, unfortunately, is very real.

I live in N. Ireland and more people died in road accidents than were killed by the troubles. "Sure I'll drive, I've only had six pints" is an honest to god thing I have overheard while working in a bar. That guy deserves a little bit of credit because there are some people out there who wouldn't even consider how much they had to drink, even if they can barely stand. They typically tend to be old men, who can't accept the fact that the roads are far busier these days.

This anti drink driving PSA was banned from TV before 9pm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syo4decSDkM

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its David Mitchell, a very funny guy.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Poohs Packin posted:

Its David Mitchell, a very funny guy.

The author?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

groverdeck

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ugly? sure, but is it structurally sound?

Also let's lynch the landlord.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

By popular demand posted:

Ugly? sure, but is it structurally sound?

Also let's lynch the landlord.

That entire building looks like it could be demolished with a few strategically placed kicks.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Valko posted:

I live in N. Ireland and more people died in road accidents than were killed by the troubles. "Sure I'll drive, I've only had six pints" is an honest to god thing I have overheard while working in a bar. That guy deserves a little bit of credit because there are some people out there who wouldn't even consider how much they had to drink, even if they can barely stand. They typically tend to be old men, who can't accept the fact that the roads are far busier these days.
The most mindblowing "oh, people will literally oppose any new law huh" video I ever saw was the archival footage of people outraged that drunk driving laws were being created at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_tqQYmgMQg

I am sure there are plenty more examples just of this given the things that were popping up from this search

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 14, 2023

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

This man looks like he's really into gibbets.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I really love this barely insulated corrugated aluminum shack with no grass and the tiny wooden platform to hang yourself on when the next rent increase drives you into debt

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I really love this barely insulated corrugated aluminum shack with no grass and the tiny wooden platform to hang yourself on when the next rent increase drives you into debt

Thats regular rear end vinyl siding and i dont know why you would say its uninsulated when it looks no different than any other house

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

Thats regular rear end vinyl siding and i dont know why you would say its uninsulated when it looks no different than any other house

Look at the "deck" the landlord built and tell me that building is properly insulated.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Plinkey had no choice

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

Are you really white knight posting for a landlord that posted this poo poo? Really? Is this where you die, that hill?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, that's pretty obviously fake ragebait, even if I hadn't already seen the photo in a different context without their comment.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
yeah the landlord bit is fake, it looks like either new construction or heavily renovated, really just looking at the half width deck. it's half of the size of the sliding door, and i'd be shocked if it was properly joined with the house frame.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

`Nemesis posted:

yeah the landlord bit is fake, it looks like either new construction or heavily renovated, really just looking at the half width deck. it's half of the size of the sliding door, and i'd be shocked if it was properly joined with the house frame.

no, he's real

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Mournful deck.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
sweatystartup oh dear lord

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jesus Christ “what about drunk pedestrians huh what about the accidents they cause” sure is a hell of a take

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

i would piss off this deck every time possible

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Takes No Damage posted:

If you intentionally wrote kerning as 'keming' as a kerning joke you deserve a coke.

I don't remember making that post in a cluster migraine induced haze, but yes, very much intended. :tipshat:

I worked in DTP for a few years and it scarred me…

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lamech posted:

if you just piss on the deck it'll probably collapse sooner.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

if you just piss on the deck it'll probably collapse sooner.

That deck is to garbage to even deserve to be pissed on. :colbert:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Doctor Syrup posted:

Look at the "deck" the landlord built and tell me that building is properly insulated.

It looks like any new construction, just with a lovely small rear end deck tacked on.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Are you really white knight posting for a landlord that posted this poo poo? Really? Is this where you die, that hill?

If youre gonna poo poo on someone, at least poo poo on them for the right reason, like thinking a 6" square deck is worth another 400 a month

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I, a drunken pedestrian, weigh 2 tons and pedest at 50-60 mph, with my drunken children, who, as children, weight considerable less, at only a ton, but their lack of weight allows them to keep up with me.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

I built a giant deck for my wife to sun herself during the summer months; I think it was maybe a couple grand in materials. The visiting nurse that comes over weekly to care for her asked me who built it for me. I said I did. He said “that’s great you can do that; I paid a guy almost 50,000 to build mine.” Holy poo poo, that’s either one hell of a deck or he got ripped off big time.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I hope you started charging more rent

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

DamnCanadian posted:

I built a giant deck for my wife to sun herself during the summer months; I think it was maybe a couple grand in materials. The visiting nurse that comes over weekly to care for her asked me who built it for me. I said I did. He said “that’s great you can do that; I paid a guy almost 50,000 to build mine.” Holy poo poo, that’s either one hell of a deck or he got ripped off big time.

heavy duty decks like at seaworld cost a drat fortune, you saved a lot of money being able to build to that caliber yourself, good job.

sorry, maybe a bad joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Lamech posted:

I used to live in an apartment with a microdeck like that. Can confirm, pissed off it many times. Very liberating