Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Christ, I'm so glad I take my meds now, and it's thanks to goons who helped me get on them, because I can really relate to this dude's whole thing.

boba, i don't think you could have been anywhere near methanar levels of bad even on the hypothetical worst possible day in your life, tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Buschmaki posted:

We're all quite mad here....

At me?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

yes

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Grognan posted:

Trans is a partisan political club that uses belief in intangibly gendered minds needing medical treatment to change the meat suit to match.

I know Parklife jokes are old hat but God help me

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Heath posted:

They were insane long before they got here

I wasn't.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i thought it was a syg style situation where he copy pasted something from reddit or elsewhere not that thats a good excluse lol good riddance bernie avatar guy

I thought so too when I saw the first post but then I saw the second post that helpfully clarifies that it isn't a repost of anything it's just the guy's honest opinion

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

anyway.

vyelkin posted:

I thought so too when I saw the first post but then I saw the second post that helpfully clarifies that it isn't a repost of anything it's just the guy's honest opinion

gross, that dude sucked. good shot imo.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
it's funny that the banned creep cannot stop getting in their own way. ppl love to lol at old forum drama, it's a popular vein for low effort content now, but they don't like the aggro commentary, creep defence, and fetish-forward hosting. also admitting he's guy mann like people would watch his pathetic video instead of googling his name and seeing for themselves lmao

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

maaaaan

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
what is it with these permabanned freaks and AI?

It's not a lot, but this whole wave of AI Art and ChatGPT has really brought out the insane tech opinion people in a way I haven't seen since Less Wrong and the whole Roko's Basilisk debut.

I thought equating AI as higher function then disabled people was wild, but now you have someone who apparently thought that AI magic would fix depression/brain problems.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think alot of it is pseudo-religious, they see the emergence of AI as a kind of rapture that will liberate them from the burden of their lives, then they won't have to do anything beyond base hedonism because the computers will be living for them

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i liked that when i first saw ai generated content it reminded me of the identity shifting suits from a scanner darkly. i don't like that it's all the sex scene from a scanner darkly now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dude was a big cspam poster which is just confusing. i am NOT doing an epic meme about how they love landlords there or w/e but it just seems weird to post all the time in a forum like that but still be clearly insanely reactionary.
theres cspam guys who love bernie but hate women. lets face it: hillary clinton was right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Dignity posted:

I think alot of it is pseudo-religious, they see the emergence of AI as a kind of rapture that will liberate them from the burden of their lives, then they won't have to do anything beyond base hedonism because the computers will be living for them
tbh i think its simpler than this and theyre just computer programmers who feel slighted that people see value in a skillset they dont have, so they want to be able to program their way into being an artist

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

there's a small % of people there who just like the cspam background i think

I think there's probably a few reactionaries there who just like it because 'they own libs'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

tbh i think its simpler than this and theyre just computer programmers who feel slighted that people see value in a skillset they dont have, so they want to be able to program their way into being an artist

There's plenty of these guys, but the guy who thought AI was going to cure mental illness and people like him definitely come off as Singularity believers

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pentyne posted:

what is it with these permabanned freaks and AI?

It's not a lot, but this whole wave of AI Art and ChatGPT has really brought out the insane tech opinion people in a way I haven't seen since Less Wrong and the whole Roko's Basilisk debut.

I thought equating AI as higher function then disabled people was wild, but now you have someone who apparently thought that AI magic would fix depression/brain problems.

There’s a lot of current drama in the TG board about this and they recently put out a rule that contains AI talk and stuff to one thread except if it isn’t used in a “low-effort” way, whatever the gently caress that means.

This has had the effect of pissing off everybody on both sides.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

kill all intelligences, especially the artificial ones imo.

Endorph posted:

definitely part of it. i dipped my toe into the ai thread in d&d (rookie mistake, i know) because they were discussing linguistics, something i have some background in, and it was wild how little some of them understand things that aren't in that rigid binary stem wheelhouse.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

be reasonable, they might have taken a single 101 elective, which, in stemworld, is all you need to perfectly understand a non-stem subject in all its vast complexity

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

And they all go anti-trans, anti-trans through their... parklife

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm the guy in a top hat and cane posing in front of an aquarium

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

be reasonable, they might have taken a single 101 elective, which, in stemworld, is all you need to perfectly understand a non-stem subject in all its vast complexity
this is also why that guy was transphobic i think because he was all 'follow the Numbers' but literally any research you look at shows hormones and gender reassignment surgery and stuff have lower regret rates than like, literally surgeries where the patient would be dead within 6 months without it.

and i dont think anyone is against pointing out real risks and problems with treatments to prospective patients but there's a difference between making sure people understand it isnt a magic hot girlifier, you'll still need to put in a lot of effort to achieve your desired presentation and genetics play a role in how good you'll look, and fearmongering poo poo about pooping out your dick or whatever.

i realize im arguing with a permabanned brick wall in another room but its weird how often guys are like 'just pay attention to the Science... except the science that disagrees with me'

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Endorph posted:

Personally I'm torn between finding some of the new AI stuff coming out really cool, and also absolutely not wanting it to be used to take bread out of the mouths of artists.

Progression in tech always displaces some jobs, but gently caress man, lets not farm out works of human expression out to the algorithm (which are just going to be mismatches of human work anyway, applied via a very complex pattern matching routine).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here is a photo of chainsaw man I made in photoshop with their new AI tool. I’m selling it for 4 thousand money

I worked very hard on putting the words in the box

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CelticPredator posted:

Here is a photo of chainsaw man I made in photoshop with their new AI tool. I’m selling it for 4 thousand money

I worked very hard on putting the words in the box

Wow! I need this on a tee shirt!!

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
That Photoshop tool looks like amazing fun. But I will never pay Adobe :hai:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the photoshop tool is a riot tbh.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm the guy in a top hat and cane posing in front of an aquarium

lmao

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Autisanal Cheese posted:

There’s a lot of current drama in the TG board about this and they recently put out a rule that contains AI talk and stuff to one thread except if it isn’t used in a “low-effort” way, whatever the gently caress that means.

This has had the effect of pissing off everybody on both sides.

The pro ai people are really upset that other people "belittle" the effort it takes to put words in a box lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i'm gonna bully the poo poo ou tof an ai until it starts to a-cry.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

yeah it's annoying when people belittle the effort it takes to make something when they don't understand it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

yeah it's annoying when people belittle the effort it takes to make something when they don't understand it

There's very little to understand, you type some words into a box and then the computer does all the work for you

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i think from my carefully curated youtube histor,y, you'll find i'm pretty much on par with the greatest cinematic minds that have ever lived

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
I was gonna post my thoughts on AI art but then I was like who gives a poo poo

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
thats a good general summary

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I was gonna post my thoughts on AI art but then I was like who gives a poo poo

my thoughts on AI art are pretty simple -- namely, bitch i look like goku. bitch i look like vegeta im hopping out that old school

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
AI was for making funny Marge simpsons but the novelty is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I heard a friend says it democratizes art but it's like...... pencils are $2......?