Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tom Bomberman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Also tried the Jusant demo and boy it took me about halfway up the first wall to be like "yeah, this is fun, I'm gonna get the full release"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finished this boy last night

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Is Astral Chain supposed to be good? It’s on sale and I like what I’ve played of Platinum (a bit of Bayo, Wonderful 101, Nier Automata) so far, but I know they can occasionally be erratic with quality.

It's probably my favourite platinum game (or maybe tied with MGR)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pwnstar posted:

A Tom Bombadil videogame where the main plot is dark and gritty with all the characters having a hard time but the player character bumbles on screen going "ho ho fiddle dee dee" as jaunty music plays and they dance around annoying everyone.

Lose the jaunty music and this is basically every game with half life style NPC conversations

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Saint Freak posted:

What a blast from the past. Really liked that show.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Pwnstar posted:

A Tom Bombadil videogame where the main plot is dark and gritty with all the characters having a hard time but the player character bumbles on screen going "ho ho fiddle dee dee" as jaunty music plays and they dance around annoying everyone.
Untitled Bombadil Game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it is a horrible day in middle earth and you have a lovely pony

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Volte posted:

Untitled Bombadil Game

Would

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

press X to bombadillo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Saint Freak posted:

hell fuckin yeah liger zero!

Evil Kit posted:

What a blast from the past. Really liked that show.
insanely good cgi animation for a TV show at the turn of the millennium, just wild poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
reposting these because I loving love Zoids

Captain Invictus posted:

yes let's talk about zoids

let's talk about how zoids had some of the best CGI animation in a television show TO THIS DAY yet was produced in 2001!

look at this gif. look at the weight exhibited, where the thrown zoid lands and catches itself, then repositions and moves its gun emplacement forward to fire, all within the span of like a second and a half. giving these giant robots a real sense of heft to them, and no weird clipping or anything like what often happens with cgi shows.

almost all the guns except the lowest caliber ones had significant recoil, reflected in the bracing and impact of the machines they're mounted on(these are the same scene, couldn't find one contiguous gif)

despite being a giant robot liger, they still managed to capture the feeling of a super-pissed-off-but-wary cat in the animations:

that show blew my goddamn mind when it came out, when like, only half a decade earlier, we had stuff like reboot and beast wars. beast wars at least looked a bit better by the time it ended, but still, that excellent cel shading in zoids was crazy good for a tv show at the time

Captain Invictus posted:

the concept of a massive post-apocalyptic wasteland where much of the world is decimated landscapes repurposed as massive battle arenas for people piloting building-sized animal robots in a global bloodsport is cool as hell and all the robots are rad. it's like a less-dire mechwarrior, with all the worries about weaponry weight, turning radius, repair and equipment budgeting, and overheating

remember the Liger Panzer which was just so Covered With Guns that it could barely walk and almost any movement at all caused it to overheat, its maximum run speed was barely a trot, look at this dumpy fucker lol

deploying it required it bracing for impact and sliding to a stop instead of running along the ground to slow down

and shooting its main cannons sent it flying backwards

it even had a Macross Missile Massacre built in

but man it looked drat cool

man, Zoids New Century was so cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Actual wildcats fighting would be waaaay cooler

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zoids ftw

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I feel like I often fantasize about not working / being home but I have a sneaking suspicion I'd just lay in bed and feel the crushing weight of it all. Better to be here with my teamies, cogging it up in this here machine.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

It's probably my favourite platinum game (or maybe tied with MGR)

It's just behind Wonderful 101 for me

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Games Forum posted:

Right now, I am six hours into Xenogears :)
From a while back but this is still one of my favorite games, I loved the combo system so much and being able to jump in the towns was a fun surprise when compared to other jrpgs of the era.

Try not to judge its second disk too harshly, though all the criticisms levelled at it are valid generally.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

External Organs posted:

When's the armored core gameplay coming out today?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1668983276084535296?s=46

right now :v

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Death won't result in a loss of currency

preorder canceled, FROM is dead to me

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Yeah!!!!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

From a while back but this is still one of my favorite games, I loved the combo system so much and being able to jump in the towns was a fun surprise when compared to other jrpgs of the era.

Try not to judge its second disk too harshly, though all the criticisms levelled at it are valid generally.

I am still unaware of what is really going on, even after two hours last night, but there is a mystery and I do have a ton of thoughts about what things could be.

I am really digging the music and the use. Plus it might be the only 3D sprite game I have played. Something about the way the world works against your sprite characters is so technically cool. Like when Maison serves tea to Fei and Citan. That whole scene was more visually realisitic than I would have expected.

I never judge harshly and will embrace everything it asks me too. This I promise :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Sprites on 3d is truly the greatest of video game aesthetics

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Laughing a lot at the RPS preview complaining about how the guy giving the demo kept going full aggro and just boosting into groups of enemies with the raw confidence of someone who's been playing AC games for ages.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fridge corn posted:

Sprites on 3d is truly the greatest of video game aesthetics

The s blade has a hackblood charge

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sprites on 3D is cool but how about 3D on sprites?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

hatty posted:

Sprites on 3D is cool but how about 3D on sprites?

Isn't that Donkey Kong Country

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/PeachMilky_/status/1668806803021500417?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Saint Freak posted:

hell yeah, finished a white robot in the last 24 hours crew

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Games Forum posted:

I am still unaware of what is really going on, even after two hours last night, but there is a mystery and I do have a ton of thoughts about what things could be.

I am really digging the music and the use. Plus it might be the only 3D sprite game I have played. Something about the way the world works against your sprite characters is so technically cool. Like when Maison serves tea to Fei and Citan. That whole scene was more visually realisitic than I would have expected.

I never judge harshly and will embrace everything it asks me too. This I promise :)

It lands in that Megaman Legends sweet spot for me where the art never gets old looking. Some of the gear cutscene CG looks a bit smooth but it all works. Also being able to rotate the world and see all the bits was great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

I can't believe this is apparently what dreadnoughts look like now

I always loved how completely ridiculous the stumpy old dreadnoughts looked, but now they actually have "proportions". disgusting!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

I always loved how completely ridiculous the stumpy old dreadnoughts looked, but now they actually have "proportions". disgusting!

That guy specifically was just replaced last week with this

Don't worry, those old Dreadnoughts are still canon, they're called Castaferum Dreadnoughts, and it's basically guaranteed they'll get a new plastic kit, with posable legs, even, for the Horus Heresy game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that looks like a mechwarrior2 i also like for being a stumpy armless weirdo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish they'd remake Megaman Legends 1/2

Just do it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Captain Invictus posted:

hell fuckin yeah liger zero!

Gifs you can still hear in your head... Zoids ruled

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

They come with different configurations, this one is still available!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gripweed posted:

This owns! Painting Warhammer miniatures is awesome and fun.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

They come with different configurations, this one is still available!

I have grim news...

I said come in! posted:

This owns! Painting Warhammer miniatures is awesome and fun.

Thanks. I hope, one day, to even play a game of Warhammer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Those bastards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/SomethinNerdy/status/1629153009727832066