Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

fyallm posted:

Cross-Posting: We moved into our house last year and have been slowly getting it together, but one thing that has been bugging us is trying to find a piece of art to go up above our ledge in our greatroom in between our windows. Thinking of something modern-ish, but we haven't really found anything. Any help on where we can be browsing? It is a big area, so we know it won't be super cheap, but not looking to spend crazy thousands of dollars either. Thanks!

Honestly, check your local thrift shops or ShopGoodwill.com because there's sometimes actual good art mixed in with the crap and weird stuff.

And in new purchases..

Squier Paranormal Series 12 String Jazzmaster, with "hockey stick" or "Smurf hat" headstock

And a $31.64 Strat copy from the pawn shop because it was only $31.64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

fyallm posted:

Cross-Posting: We moved into our house last year and have been slowly getting it together, but one thing that has been bugging us is trying to find a piece of art to go up above our ledge in our greatroom in between our windows. Thinking of something modern-ish, but we haven't really found anything. Any help on where we can be browsing? It is a big area, so we know it won't be super cheap, but not looking to spend crazy thousands of dollars either. Thanks!

Just ordered this from someone selling it.. Can't wait to put it up on my shelf next to my 4,5,6 trilogy!

Check out the SA mart , lots of artist goons sell their stuff there

I purchased a large canvas print from a goon many many years ago and had it framed. It’s so cool

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Blue On Blue posted:

Check out the SA mart , lots of artist goons sell their stuff there

I purchased a large canvas print from a goon many many years ago and had it framed. It’s so cool

Good call, ive bought some posters of art, and have had people sketch me design for printing before but never thought about that for a painted canvas, thanks!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bought a DVD. It's pretty good.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't think that's a DVD op

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

njsykora posted:

Bought a DVD. It's pretty good.

I could gush about this movie for weeks, but I consider it a required purchase if you are a fan of Blu-Rays, animation, or Spider-man in general.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fyallm posted:

Get this poster I recently bought, but bigger:

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

ekuNNN posted:

Get this poster I recently bought, but bigger:

is that santa claus?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

fyallm posted:

is that santa claus?

One could argue that Santa Claus, with his gift-giving nature, redistribution of wealth, embodies a spirit of generosity and communal sharing, which aligns with Marx's critique of the individualistic nature of capitalism.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Redistribution of wealth? What, you think Santa’s taking presents from the rich?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I was more thinking about the spirit of Christmas I guess. Not actual Santa. He's got slave/child labor.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some new emblems for my S2000

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vanity plates. Guillotine.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Just ordered a kaleidoscope!

I'm so unbelievably excited to stare into time and space :ducksiren:

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_E4VGM2s9o

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Catatron Prime posted:

Just ordered a kaleidoscope!

I'm so unbelievably excited to stare into time and space :ducksiren:

https://hyperspacelight.com

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Please tell me that "2 soon" is a Paul Walker reference becuase I need a good hearty LOL today

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
It’s clearly a World of Warcraft reference.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

AceClown posted:

Please tell me that "2 soon" is a Paul Walker reference becuase I need a good hearty LOL today

Ehhhh tangentially?

It’s a reference to a scene in the first movie

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cool! I also made my Honda at least 30% faster!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Ehhhh tangentially?

It’s a reference to a scene in the first movie

Freaking Jesse

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Straight Co2 for welding

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I got this. It's blueberry.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
got my kid an oled switch and the Zelda game he's pleased

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Tiny hands, toothy smile, and a dead eyed stare; just like the Virgin Mary is usually represented.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

widefault posted:

Tiny hands, toothy smile, and a dead eyed stare; just like the Virgin Mary is usually represented.

The Holy Mother Rachel Dratch

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I bought this shirt.

I'm a fat middle aged guy so it's time to start wearing Hawaiian shirts. And it was on sale and had Kirby on it.

Excuse the wrinkles. Just put it on for the pic and then it went into the hamper to get cleaned.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

I bought this shirt.

I'm a fat middle aged guy so it's time to start wearing Hawaiian shirts. And it was on sale and had Kirby on it.

Excuse the wrinkles. Just put it on for the pic and then it went into the hamper to get cleaned.

You arent fat. Shirt looks good. Jealous

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Quiet Feet posted:

I bought this shirt.

Where...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-kirby-short-sleeve-graphic-t-shirt-blue-pink/-/A-88003182?preselect=87941464#lnk=sametab

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Hell yeah :respek:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ZeusCannon posted:

You arent fat. Shirt looks good.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Hondo Professional H-1030 from 1979/80. Made in Japan by Matsumoku. It's got serious play wear and a broken coil split switch tip, missing a couple screws in the pickups, but so far it plays pretty good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

You arent fat. Shirt looks good. Jealous

It was definitely a very flattering angle! :sweatdrop:

I see Not a Children beat me to it but yeah, it was Target.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Still up in the air but I think it's pretty certain, after midsummer weekend I should be owning this

Hope I'm not jinxing it by putting it here...

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
One day I'll resist buying weird paintings

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

His Divine Shadow posted:

Still up in the air but I think it's pretty certain, after midsummer weekend I should be owning this

Hope I'm not jinxing it by putting it here...

Oh no another Saab story (ps are you my dad?)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

That depends, are you a loudmouth 9 year old boy who never does what I tell you?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I finally pulled the trigger on a turntable (Pro Ject T1 SB Phono) and I see how people wind up going down an audiophile rabbit hole. Even with my no frills speakers, I'm hearing things on this Melt Banana album that I never noticed on streaming.

(Also it's a great way to have a distraction during housework that also serves as a sort of pomodoro timer to break up the chores)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Auxiliary gauges. Bosch Style Line series, mounted in an under dash housing I made myself. Voltmeter, mechanical temperature gauge and electrical oil pressure gauge.

A 55 year old Oldsmobile needs better monitoring than just a bunch of warning lights.