Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/onthedownlotho/status/1668116143654199296?s=46&t=nZgwOKsDT3wnMb8q6A-7Zw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I guess I was wrong about the physics! The comparison shot earlier is actually making me wonder if they ported the 2D physics engine wholesale over from the Mania/Origins code.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is it just me, or does it look weird when Sonic's running down a slope but he's still perfectly horizontal

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Dabir posted:

Is it just me, or does it look weird when Sonic's running down a slope but he's still perfectly horizontal

It's pretty consistent with how the classic Sonic games worked. Look at the first few seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRwVtoPLboE

Maybe it makes less sense when using a 3D model, but I never liked how Mania and the Advance games turned your character into a pixellated mess by rotating them. They should only use that on certain things like loops, but otherwise stick to 45 degree rotations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Free rotation would've worked in a Rayman Origins like look!

I really wish we'd gotten a Sonic game with a Rayman Origins like look.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Free rotation would've worked in a Rayman Origins like look!

I really wish we'd gotten a Sonic game with a Rayman Origins like look.
Oh yeah, with Hesse’s designs? Sold.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I demand an immediate Nack redesign:

https://twitter.com/AnimateTwo/status/1667958585094193153?t=38-TC8QCTj57w4VV6t73AQ&s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/TNHNebula/status/1668745703022284802

edit: Oh this is a fan made song. Still it's good

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm just glad they brought back the mobius strip running animation. Best thing Sonic CD did

Other than giving us Amy Rose, of course (this post is for you, Looper)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I believe Sonic 4 Episode 1 and Sonic Mania used it too (though in the latter only if you set Sonic’s moveset to Sonic CD)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well not surprising it was in Mania, Christian loves CD.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sonic Lost World might have used it too now that I think about it.

On another note, any further word on the second Frontiers DLC yet (it mentions Sonic’s birthday so I can’t imagine it’s that far off now)?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

They could have just shown this instead of the reveal trailer and I'd have been on board from minute one. Thank gently caress Tee Lopes is in on the soundtrack, too.

Now I am ready to accept the Hedgehog inside of my heart.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Electric Phantasm posted:

Arzest/Artoon are pretty bad. Like I'm not gonna even blame them for Balan Wonderworld cause trying to design around that one button gameplay design is insane, but their track record ranges from forgettable to just bad.
Yeah this is the team behind Yoshi's New Island and Hey! Pikmin. Pretty competent but soulless spinoffs. My money is on this being a pretty dull game with a decent presentation.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/1668971982493470720?s=20

From the man himself.

Just hope Arzest can nail down the level design.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/NicoCVV/status/1668809663356313601

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1669390504956395551?t=J7plpn1mWb11QFcwzLCj8A&s=19

SOON.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

I'm just glad they brought back the mobius strip running animation. Best thing Sonic CD did

Other than giving us Amy Rose, of course (this post is for you, Looper)

🥹

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though she’ll probably just glow like everyone who isn’t Sonic I’m sort of hoping that the inevitable Super/Hyper Amy is somewhat unique (if she can access the special stages a super form is basically guaranteed).

Also I’m hoping in Sonic 3K she can take Knuckles’ paths through the stages via the use of her hammer (though they’d have to modify some a bit since she can’t climb walls)

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Larryb posted:

Though she’ll probably just glow like everyone who isn’t Sonic I’m sort of hoping that the inevitable Super/Hyper Amy is somewhat unique (if she can access the special stages a super form is basically guaranteed).

I’d love it if she used the British Amy design for her super form, for all of us who grew up with that version of classic Amy.
But I anticipate she’ll just glow!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah the upturned spikes looked great and would work well as a super form.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If they go full on with it like the other hedgehogs I’m imagining a Super Amy with white fur and the STC hairdo (her hammer should also get an upgrade)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is the person who is weird about the species and gender of characters going super still in charge of anything Sonic?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Is the person who is weird about the species and gender of characters going super still in charge of anything Sonic?

Not sure, but Mighty and Ray got super forms in Mania at least (though we still have yet to see a character that isn’t a male hedgehog go super in a 3D game unless you want to count the gold shields Tails and Knuckles got in Heroes)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I just want actual super forms. The white glow feels like a compromise.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Larryb posted:

Not sure, but Mighty and Ray got super forms in Mania at least (though we still have yet to see a character that isn’t a male hedgehog go super in a 3D game unless you want to count the gold shields Tails and Knuckles got in Heroes)

If the Rush games count as 3D, we have a unique Super Form for Blaze at least.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DanielCross posted:

If the Rush games count as 3D, we have a unique Super Form for Blaze at least.

Those are still 2D games to me but yes (though that form is apparently officially called Burning Blaze)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dragon Ball only got its first official female Super Saiyan in 2018 (discounting any video games with a custom character.) So at the very least one of the original inspirations for Super Sonic got with the times.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't think Toriyama ever gave a gently caress, it just never came up in the original Dragonball (Z) run because there were no female Saiyans. It only got uncomfortable with Pan in Dragonball GT (which didn't have his involvement) which was genuinely very sexist.

I definitely reading some canon mandate that only hedgehogs can go super but I don't remember it being based on gender lines.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The “male hedgehogs only” thing that Sega mandated was just a way to try and limit special transformations to as few as possible to make them more, well, special. If Adventure 2 and 06 didn’t already have Super Shadow and Super Silver I guarantee they would have made it so Sonic was the only one who could do it. (Blaze apparently gets by on a technicality since hers isn’t technically a super form.)

Those rules seem to be different now since we have all the super characters in Mania and Super Knuckles is mentioned in Frontiers, but it’s probably still just Sonic, Shadow, and Silver that have unique golden forms.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't know if I would prefer it but if Super Amy was just regular Amy but her hammer was like four times bigger and had a power aura around it that would be very funny

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Burning Blaze is definitely a super form, but it uses a different set of emeralds from another dimension which is likely why she gets away with having it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

blaze gets to have a super form because she is sick as gently caress

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

In Blaze’s dimension anyone can go Super because Blaze Team is more chill about that sort of thing.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
all super forms should be alliterative, Amazing Amy, Burning Blaze, Titan Tails, Kinetic Knuckles, Elegant Espio, etc

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Victorious Vector

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Fuckmaster Fang

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Erotic Eggman/Romantik Robotnik

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Erotic Eggman/Romantik Robotnik

https://twitter.com/shadow3love/status/1668783761335414784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PINGAS