Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ted Lasso was kind of refreshing in that it has a protagonist you're actually supposed to like. Seems like every prestige show is "let's follow the most awful people".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Ted Lasso was kind of refreshing in that it has a protagonist you're actually supposed to like. Seems like every prestige show is "let's follow the most awful people".

Ted Lasso and Walter White are both people who would make we want to leave the building rather than have a conversation with them but for different reasons.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The chuds did not like 9. No one did.
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1211905099091464193

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That line is awful, but Hux being a useless dweeb who keeps trying to force-push coins across his desk, but can't (because he's a useless dweeb) is amazing, and a great way to show how pathetic the First Order really is.

Other amazing poo poo in the Treverrow script:
Rebels getting executed by laser-guillotines

Ghost-Luke constantly dunking on Ren for being a dumbass whilst also trying to bring him back to the light. At one point Ren takes a swing at him, and ghost-luke catches the lightsaber with his bare hands, and holy poo poo can you imagine seeing that in a crowded theater? people would have lost their minds.

Chewie throwing a Knight of Ren off a skyscraper and blowing him up like he's clay pigeon shooting.

Finn actually getting to do stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9bDMvwqwY

Assepoester has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Jun 14, 2023

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Jesus Kentucky Fried Christ, why would anyone watch this?

Nikki Cox. That's why.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
New woke star wars sucks but also unwoke old star wars also sucked.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Push El Burrito posted:

I think you're supposed to like Perry Mason, even though he's got issues. Maybe that's what the show got canceled after two seasons.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think you're supposed to like Perry Mason, even though he's got issues. Maybe that's what the show got canceled after two seasons.

I really enjoyed the Perry Mason prequel series, at least he had a very valid reason for being so broken. He did manage to overcome his own problems and become a decent lawyer on the end.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Do you really believe Ben Shapiro actually legitimately enjoys anything?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't believe his wife does.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

I don't believe his wife does.

she'll have the first orgasm of her life when the coroner signs his death certificate.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Destroying things with facts and logic.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

she'll have the first orgasm of her life when the coroner signs his death certificate.

Nah. From all reports she is just as much, if not more, of a conservative fundie weirdo than he is.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yes. He legitimately enjoys hurting people he considers beneath him.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He enjoys "crushing" (bullying) students half his age in university and college "debates" (on the spot, "spur of the moment" things where he's prepared ahead of time and randomly challenges students who havent had a chance to prepare, where he throws out so many false statements that it's impossible to argue against all of them in a reasonable time). I'm pretty sure there's video of him actually running away when someone is knowledgeable about a topic and is able to rebut them though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Depends on how much of a true believer he is vs just a grifter.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We know he enjoys cold unseasoned macaroni

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He likes hurting and dominating people. Possibly he likes saying outrageous poo poo and knowing that there are rubes listening who believe him.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

They both look like cruel assholes

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
They just look kinda normal to me? I wouldn't know that Shapiro was an rear end in a top hat just from how he looks.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They just look kinda normal to me? I wouldn't know that Shapiro was an rear end in a top hat just from how he looks.

Him being a white guy doesn't scream "rear end in a top hat" to you?

Why yes, I do work a public-facing job, how can you tell?

Randalor has a new favorite as of 14:17 on Jun 14, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The hairstyle is a huge red flag for me

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I know it's from a little bit back but as someone who didn't really watch any Breaking Bad until recently I find it amazing that people really didn't think Walter was an rear end in a top hat from the very beginning. Like there's shades of it in the earliest parts of the first season. The whole show starts because he's got too much of an ego to just accept help from someone because he doesn't want to be pitied and he constantly berates Jesse and puts him in danger because he's frustrated his drug plan isn't working out the way he wanted when he's like dude it's not that simple to just magically convert a fuckin pound of meth into profit.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pookah posted:

“Ok, so let’s just assume for a moment that my wife and I have been watching you from across the bar all night, ok? And let’s hypothetically say that you might, in fact, be ‘our speed’ so to speak, ok, and that we might, ok, might invite you back to our place for what could, in theory, be called ‘a good time,’ ok? Would you concede that it is possible, ok, under those conditions, that you would in all probability come back to our place?”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pookah posted:

BLACK HOLE SUN
BLACK HOLE SUN
WON’T YOU COME

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Arivia posted:

We know he enjoys cold unseasoned macaroni

Apparently so does his wife.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Alhazred posted:

Apparently so does his wife.

Doesn't quite work. To get hard macaroni soft you need to get it wet

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Brawnfire posted:

The hairstyle is a huge red flag for me

Doesn't he specifically style his hair to make his skullcap less visible? Because he knows the audience he courts is extremely antisemitic?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Stephen Root is one of those actors who never gets his due but he always delivers.

The first time I saw him was Newsradio and he killed it. But that show was stacked with talented people. Also it had Andy Dick and Joe Rogan.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Thomamelas posted:

The first time I saw him was Newsradio and he killed it. But that show was stacked with talented people. Also it had Andy Dick and Joe Rogan.

We just finished with the last season of Barry and he did a great job in that role, but I still called him "Jimmy James" whenever I couldn't remember the character's name.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He will always be The Billdozer.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

When I first heard they were making a King of the Hill reboot my first thought was "wait, how old is Stephen Root? Because if he dies half the entire cast, including extras, will die with him."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Him and David Herman, who basically played every nebbish, "soft," often-from-the-local-or-state-government twig boy who would exist only to bust Hank's balls and solidify Mike Judge's slightly libertarian beliefs.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I think Stephen Root gets his due. I've never met one person who didn't like him.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Pookah posted:

as dry as the Sahara I bet.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Schubalts posted:

Doesn't he specifically style his hair to make his skullcap less visible? Because he knows the audience he courts is extremely antisemitic?

couldn't he just not wear one in front of his audience? Does the shul he attends have some weird rule where God says you have to have a yarmulke on 24/7? Does he even go to shul?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Woolie Wool posted:

couldn't he just not wear one in front of his audience? Does the shul he attends have some weird rule where God says you have to have a yarmulke on 24/7? Does he even go to shul?

All orthodox Jewish men I know wear theirs all the time except possibly at home, and to bed. It's the standard practice, although it's more of a steadily strongly reinforced convention than an explicit liturgical requirement.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So it’s like a hijab? Fashion sense reinforced by a cruel capricious God.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

oldpainless posted:

more like old clueless

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

oldpainless posted:

HopperUK posted:

more like old clueless

Surely that would be old cruelest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HopperUK posted:

more like old clueless

Alicia Silverstone is still the GOAT no matter how old she is