Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sadly, I did everything pretty slowly. 113 days I think? I wanted to max out everything, and I had both the exterior and interior of the exhibition hall at max.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I believe it's been acknowledged as a bug and will be fixed soon.

Good. I'm running out of ways to farm jade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Kanos posted:

This is all good information, but don't forget that there's a defense offset for level difference where lower level characters deal less to and take more from higher level enemies on top of what the raw attack stat says.

Oh yeah good point! I'll go ahead and add it to my previous post but obviously that makes it much more difficult to calculate.

My plan is to get my main team level 65 as a stepping stone to help mitigate the level diff issue somewhat. I think I'm the opposite of the HSR/Genshin community in that I find exp farming dreadfully boring, but I actually don't mind artifact relic farming. It's where I get my gambling mini dopamine hits I guess.

Walla posted:

This is why I keep trying different team compositions because it helps me find the ones that are fun. But what's fun might change tomorrow.

I totally get it. I was in the same boat as you in the high TL30s range (and probably still am to some degree?). But from one F2P player to another, you can't have it all, and eventually you're going to have to make some sacrifices. All that efficiency talk earlier isn't because I was powergaming, but more to make the most out of my limited resources. And honestly, I find the game more fun that way.

Oh, and don't follow too many content creators if you're the type to get easily swayed. :v: Keep in mind their job is to generate content and come up with experimental 'off-meta' builds, and that their showcases are likely cherry-picked. Don't let them tempt you off of your pet projects.

My personal longer-term project is to make Qingque work. I dump all my buffs and skillpoints into her and well, let's just say her damage numbers are... cute. It's going to be a process.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Well, that'll do until I hit TL60 sometime late Sunday evening. :getin:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'll be hitting 60 soon-ish too. My big three (Welt/Seele/JY) all have max traces and are pre-farmed for 80 (+80 LC) as soon as I roll over.

Will feel nice to officially "max" out a character.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

What's the argument for pre-farming ascension stuff? I am probably misunderstanding the math fundamentally. But it seems since your mat farming becomes more efficient after you increase equilibrium, but exp/credits calyxes are at max efficiency once you hit 50, it would make more sense to just farm those. You will need to farm them in the future anyway, and they aren't going to get any better like traces/ascension mats. I thought, maybe just do your DPS so you can easily farm the increased difficulty, but you can borrow a DPS from a friend and still auto the content, right? What does instantly maxing out your DPS after a new eq level get you, that you can't get just doing it first thing when you increase?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

What's the argument for pre-farming ascension stuff? I am probably misunderstanding the math fundamentally. But it seems since your mat farming becomes more efficient after you increase equilibrium, but exp/credits calyxes are at max efficiency once you hit 50, it would make more sense to just farm those. You will need to farm them in the future anyway, and they aren't going to get any better like traces/ascension mats. I thought, maybe just do your DPS so you can easily farm the increased difficulty, but you can borrow a DPS from a friend and still auto the content, right? What does instantly maxing out your DPS after a new eq level get you, that you can't get just doing it first thing when you increase?
you cant use borrowed units in simulated universe, memory of chaos, or main story progression

most people dont want to put that all on hold for weeks until they're able to do it most 'efficiently', because thats really boring

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because people play video games to have fun and not to minmax grinding

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i prefarm ascension stuff because i want to mostly, secure in the knowledge that in the long term it wont matter how efficient i am at whatever trailblaze level i happen to be. eventually it will work itself out.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

I want jing yuan to be level 80 right now op

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

instant gratification.
exp/credits are rewards you get from just about anywhere and events dump a bunch on you. You're not gonna get ascension mats from events for 8 characters. Let alone enough for even one character.

also, if you wait till the EQ, its just oh I have to just do ascension mats for 2-3 weeks straight now and everyone is struck together.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I prefarm in Genshin but that's because my roster is more complete and I just know who I want to play/build so I want to get them usable asap. I'll get there eventually in Star Rail but too many characters I like here

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I saw the higher level ascension bosses and figured yeah I don't need to prefarm, especially since nothing in this game requires being 80 and the one thing it might significantly help (MoC) is content I don't care about atm. I've already been plenty inefficient with my TP on other ways though.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm not saying wait weeks, I just mean if you're 55 and got 4 people maxed, why not just farm credits/xp for a few days, increase your level to 60, run the upgraded material dungeons with a support, and have a max level + LC unit 15 minutes later to do SU etc? Maybe prefarming makes sense if you already have enough xp and credits to max out four characters, but do people have that much on hand?

Endorph posted:

because people play video games to have fun and not to minmax grinding

People play for different reasons lol. Minmaxing can be fun for some of us. Such snark in response to such an innocuous post

GateOfD posted:

also, if you wait till the EQ, its just oh I have to just do ascension mats for 2-3 weeks straight now and everyone is struck together.

It'll take weeks to farm those mats no matter when you do them, and it'll take even longer if you do them early. Whereas prefarming the credits and xp will take an identical amount of time whether you do them now or later, is what I'm saying. I see your other points though and I understand why some people would want to do that.

My post is coming from an angle of evaluating efficiency, if someone doesn't cate about efficiency, that's cool but not what I'm trying to evaluate

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 14, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean genuinely the logic is just that people wanna do it. you're approaching the question from a subject of optimization when nobody was really going for it with that in mind to begin with. there is no real efficient reason to do it. outside of needing gems to roll for new characters the most efficient move is to just park yourself in front of the exp/money dailies as soon as they unlock and farm them forever until you're trailblaze level 60, without spending a single fuel resupply.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ah you mean for the big threshholds. I'm just prefarming credits/books/aether instead of getting ascension mats because at 59 I am at the most optimal place for those three, but the next world tier will be more efficient to get the ascension gems with so makes the most sense to wait itl after I'm 60 to farm them.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Endorph posted:

i mean genuinely the logic is just that people wanna do it. you're approaching the question from a subject of optimization when nobody was really going for it with that in mind to begin with

I think you're wrong that nobody cares about optimization. You don't have to care, and many people don't, but it doesn't mean no one does. There has been other optimization talk ITT so idk why this is confusing

Eimi posted:

ah you mean for the big threshholds. I'm just prefarming credits/books/aether instead of getting ascension mats because at 59 I am at the most optimal place for those three, but the next world tier will be more efficient to get the ascension gems with so makes the most sense to wait itl after I'm 60 to farm them.

This was my thinking too, just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something because I am BAD at this

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I was mostly farming traces through most of 57 and 58 because I wanted Silver Wolf maxed the gently caress out, but now at 59 I'm just hoarding XP books.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

So I assume that warp tracker site is legit? I don't know anything about computers so I am hesitant to run some random windows commands, but I am curious how I am doing luck wise.
Bit of a late reply, but the warp tracker seems legit enough. Just like the Genshin pull tracker however, you can manually grab the relevant link from the relevant file on your PC if you don't want to run random powershell commands:

open the game and visit the Warps page, check your pull history on any type of Warp (doesn't matter), then close out of the game
now in the ..\Star Rail\Games\StarRail_Data\webCaches\Cache\Cache_Data\
folder on your system open data_2 (no file extension)
in notepad or np++, then search in reverse-order for the last instance of getGachaLog
in the file, and copypaste that entire URL into the wish tracker site.

The URL should be roughly ~1200 characters long, for reference. This is how I import my wish history into the trackers for both Genshin and Star Rail.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I mostly farm light cone exp in the calyxes because there's basically no other source of it (no "blacksmith crystal" equivalent that I know of)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Both character and weapon xp are about as rare. Like, you get a tiny amount of xp in battle but it's not really worth considering.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I am having a real problem with wanting to level up everyone. I've been good about at least focusing on my main 4 people and maxing out their traces and whatnot before screwing around, but it's hard to limit myself to just 8 when I want to try everyone out.

I've got 9 characters at 70/70 so far, because I just got SW and am getting her geared up and working on traces, and I know I should probably just save my mats for getting my main team to 80, but I really want to put some levels into Serval and Dan Heng just for fun / situations where I need a bunch of lightning or wind damage.

I'm impressed that even now 50+ days in while I'm obsessed with Diablo 4 I'm still logging in every day and using my energy though. The game is trickling out just enough new stuff to do to keep me coming back.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The end game content requires minimum 8 people. I think spreading resources between 9 people is fine, because realistically 8 people won't be enough for every stage in MoC. Especially if you have SW, you're gonna wanna mix and match a bunch. Concentrating all your resources on just 4 people is going to make getting past even the first stage of MoC very difficult. I'm saying this as a battle pass guy so if you are totally F2P just adjust your expectations I guess. Of those 8 people though, the DPS and tank/healers are the most important I think, and even then only certain traces are worthwhile. I use M7 a ton but only have her skill trace leveled at all.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 14, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Unless I'm missing something I don't see any reason to invest in anything but M7's skill either if you're building her via DEF. Her damage sucks all you want her for is elemental coverage, ultimate freeze, and those big shields.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

"Efficiency isn't that important" aside, there's also the fact that if you get the battlepass, you'll be getting a ton of character/LC XP + money from that, so it'd probably be overkill to just do nothing but those Calyxes.

Plus, as others mentioned, there's utility to being able to do the harder newer content earlier.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I'm planning on prefarming all of Silver Wolf's mats for her last ascension before I hit TL60 because I'm heavily addicted to the dopamine hit I get when people use her as a support character.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually get a non-trivial amount of money from my Bailu being summoned, though it's probably limited by my friend list not being close to full. I get maybe like ~15000 a day.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i get more spacebux from my silver wolf support than i did sushang, but not much more.

the support i use - and want - the most from others is himeko. for the stuff you can bring supports for she winds up being super handy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

still not finished, haven't finished leveling her rope yet, but man wish I hit critdam substat more than def all the time...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I actually get a non-trivial amount of money from my Bailu being summoned, though it's probably limited by my friend list not being close to full. I get maybe like ~15000 a day.

You can only get 10k a day, it's less than half of a calyx. But ~4.5 extra stamina of rewards for zero effort is still free, so hell yeah!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

"Efficiency isn't that important" aside, there's also the fact that if you get the battlepass, you'll be getting a ton of character/LC XP + money from that, so it'd probably be overkill to just do nothing but those Calyxes.

Plus, as others mentioned, there's utility to being able to do the harder newer content earlier.

Yeah you might do okay on money, but the xp from battlepass and events doesn't even come close. You only get enough xp off the entire battlepass to take 2 characters from 70 to 80.

Having said that, there's also little point in waiting for higher world levels to farm traces. The gain on trace materials between 4 and 5 is less than 20% and using the fuel now gets you to the higher WL faster. It's not exactly a slam dunk in terms of optimization. You're probably just best off farming whatever you want for your characters and not worrying too much about it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I have Tingyun as a support and she was borrowed a few times the first two days and got me a few friend invites but nothing since. I was slow to get her leveled up in the latest tier though since I was trying out SW.

Borrowing supports has convinced me I want Welt more than Clara once I get my selector. I'm missing those two and iceboy (plus Seele, Arlan and Pela). I can see the fun of Clara's playstyle but Welt is great.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

todays text convo for me was Silver Fox telling me to race on the new gacha banner to see who wins

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

You can only get 10k a day, it's less than half of a calyx. But ~4.5 extra stamina of rewards for zero effort is still free, so hell yeah!

Ah, I'm probably confusing when the day begins/ends (since I get it scattered across multiple "payments" usually).

That's good to know that I don't have to worry about increasing it further.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

bagrada posted:

I have Tingyun as a support and she was borrowed a few times the first two days and got me a few friend invites but nothing since. I was slow to get her leveled up in the latest tier though since I was trying out SW.

Borrowing supports has convinced me I want Welt more than Clara once I get my selector. I'm missing those two and iceboy (plus Seele, Arlan and Pela). I can see the fun of Clara's playstyle but Welt is great.

I run Bronya because there is an achievement to use her in a battle with some other people. I think Welt has one too. Otherwise idk why people are using my Bronya and not some sick DPS that's ten levels above them, which is what I always pick

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I normally borrow Herta to do Calyxes. I have a Herta of my own but she is level 20 and I'm not going to pump resources into her at this point.

My Seele gets borrowed a couple times per day, but I don't think most people are looking for a carry so I should probably swap her over to SW or Bronya.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
In my brief experience with borrowing random other people's units, like 70% of them must be like totally unequipped or something because they do terrible damage for their level.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Clarste posted:

In my brief experience with borrowing random other people's units, like 70% of them must be like totally unequipped or something because they do terrible damage for their level.

I'm lucky. I've got two whales who were at level 80 ~2 weeks ago, running a Seele and a JY with maxed orange relics. They absolutely shred

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Yeah I've taken a look at some and people will have a level 80 Himiko or w/e and level 2 traces. I don't get it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Tons of people use my Sampo and that's why I've kept him as my support unit instead of my Silver Wolf.

Before SW came along he was easily my most geared/traced out unit so I'm certain people are enjoying it. (REAL) (Not Scam) (Not Genuine Relics) (Not FDIC Insured)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, I'm probably confusing when the day begins/ends (since I get it scattered across multiple "payments" usually).
That's good to know that I don't have to worry about increasing it further.
You can only get 10k per day, but it can stockpile over multiple day to something like a 60k cap if you miss on collecting for a few days for whatever reason.