Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

What was a proper valuation of the company before Elon? How far below that has he now taken the company, I wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kdrudy posted:

What was a proper valuation of the company before Elon? How far below that has he now taken the company, I wonder.

was about $38-40 around the time he said he was going to make an offer, he paid $54.20 (50+4.20 cry laugh get it!)

It naturally fell under that when it was uncertain if he could back out, like the entire market started to downturn almost immediately after he based his bid on the highest most inflated price twitter ever was then padded it more to make a weed joke.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Should be of no surprise, but:

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1668976175207837696

Also, here's your dose of absolutely deranged transphobia:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1669006135397949441

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 14, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"Model X and Model S can drive autonomously with greater safety than a person, right now" - Elmo Musk, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He didn't specify the person.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mobby_6kl posted:

"Model X and Model S can drive autonomously with greater safety than a person, right now" - Elmo Musk, 2016

It's entirely possible that was true back when "self driving" was basically just the lane holding tech lots of cars have. Before Musk had them add the child killing algorithms

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

kdrudy posted:

Assigning proper valuations to tech companies is for cowards. It's worth whatever you want.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Huh. I thought WFH was immoral or whatever.
edit: ah, old news.

drat I didn't see the date on my timeline.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Azhais posted:

It's entirely possible that was true back when "self driving" was basically just the lane holding tech lots of cars have. Before Musk had them add the child killing algorithms

This tech should only be allowed to be used on highways where it belongs. This is what other automakers are doing successfully (like SuperCruise from GM). Long trips where people zone out and get distracted. There are no pedestrians and a more predictable traffic flow - just go a specific speed, change lanes to overcome slow drivers, switch back to the right, and emergency break if there is a car stopping in front of you. This tech should also auto-disable itself during rain or snow of course, as they're pretty much useless in those conditions and will kill you by doing unsafe maneuvers for those conditions.

People using this stuff on city roads is dangerous. You should be paying attention, and there is just way too much going on. Idiots testing autopilot on their Teslas here constantly randomly swerve into side roads, do sudden stops for no reason, and ignore predictable behaviors, like knowing that a bike might turn soon, so you should slow down not blast past them with one-inch clearance. People don't zone out in cities (hopefully), so letting Elon take the wheel serves no purpose (besides risking other people's lives to beta test for their dumb idol).

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 14, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

Teslathread: letting Elon take the wheel

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Rad Russian posted:

This tech should only be allowed to be used on highways where it belongs. This is what other automakers are doing successfully (like SuperCruise from GM). Long trips where people zone out and get distracted. There are no pedestrians and a more predictable traffic flow - just go a specific speed, change lanes to overcome slow drivers, switch back to the right, and emergency break if there is a car stopping in front of you. This tech should also auto-disable itself during rain or snow of course, as they're pretty much useless in those conditions and will kill you by doing unsafe maneuvers for those conditions.

People using this stuff on city roads is dangerous. You should be paying attention, and there is just way too much going on. Idiots testing autopilot on their Teslas here constantly randomly swerve into side roads, do sudden stops for no reason, and ignore predictable behaviors, like knowing that a bike might turn soon, so you should slow down not blast past them with one-inch clearance. People don't zone out in cities (hopefully), so letting Elon take the wheel serves no purpose (besides risking other people's lives to beta test for their dumb idol).

I think FSD is already primarily used on highways
Which are already statistically the safest places to drive
Which is where FSD would be the most effective
Which makes it even loving worse

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sockser posted:

Which is where Teslas seem to drive into the sides of semis or concrete divider

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They shouldn't look so much like the road.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Sockser posted:

There's plenty of morons using it on local streets if all the reports of FSD trying to navigate into obvious hazards/children are representative.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Should be of no surprise, but:

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1668976175207837696

Also, here's your dose of absolutely deranged transphobia:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1669006135397949441

Why is this poo poo allowed on the roads? How the gently caress is beta testing self driving legal? What the loving gently caress?

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Don't forget that Tesla tries to juke the stats by having the FSD disengage if it thinks it's getting into a collision. So they claim that technically the driver was in control at the time of the collision.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

big nipples big life posted:

Why is this poo poo allowed on the roads? How the gently caress is beta testing self driving legal? What the loving gently caress?

:capitalism:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

waffle iron posted:

Don't forget that Tesla tries to juke the stats by having the FSD disengage if it thinks it's getting into a collision. So they claim that technically the driver was in control at the time of the collision.

Tesla claims their statistics include collisions that occur when FSD/autopilot disengaged up to five seconds before the collision occurred.

But then again they also bury in the fine print that they only count collisions where airbags deployed; which is seriously juicing the numbers because airbags only deploy in very specific types of collision (e.g., if your Tesla runs over a motorcyclist or hits a curb and rolls the car over or it slams on the brakes for no reason and someone rear-ends you, those won't deploy airbags and so they'll count as a collision-free mile for Tesla's stats).

And, of course, the statistics are put out by Tesla for marketing purposes, not due to any government mandated requirement for actual true data; so they could just be 100% fully lying through their teeth on the numbers from the get go, like they do with just about everything else they say. I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover they have some hidden criteria they apply to disqualify collisions to say "the driver wasn't using the system right so we're not going to count that one" a whole lot, and so if you took your hands off the wheel to cover your face in terror because you were about to slam into a truck, then your hands aren't on the wheel and you're not using the system right so it's hardly Tesla's fault you crashed.

biznatchio fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 14, 2023

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Elon if you want to stop grooming start with your own family:

Insider posted:

Bezuidenhout's mother, Heide, and Musk were married for 18 years and share two children. Bezuidenhout was 4 years old when Musk became her stepfather.

:barf:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

biznatchio posted:

Tesla claims their statistics include collisions that occur when FSD/autopilot disengaged up to five seconds before the collision occurred.

But then again they also bury in the fine print that they only count collisions where airbags deployed; which is seriously juicing the numbers because airbags only deploy in very specific types of collision (e.g., if your Tesla runs over a motorcyclist or hits a curb and rolls the car over or it slams on the brakes for no reason and someone rear-ends you, those won't deploy airbags and so they'll count as a collision-free mile for Tesla's stats).

And, of course, the statistics are put out by Tesla for marketing purposes, not due to any government mandated requirement for actual true data; so they could just be 100% fully lying through their teeth on the numbers from the get go, like they do with just about everything else they say. I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover they have some hidden criteria they apply to disqualify collisions to say "the driver wasn't using the system right so we're not going to count that one" a whole lot, and so if you took your hands off the wheel to cover your face in terror because you were about to slam into a truck, then your hands aren't on the wheel and you're not using the system right so it's hardly Tesla's fault you crashed.

And with all that manipulation, the numbers they gave the NHTSA still came out to FSD being ten times as dangerous as unassisted driving? Holy poo poo, how dangerous is it in actuality? Musk is literally a menace to society.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zugzwang posted:

They are presumably on the short list of people he actually pays, for one.

or theyre paid by putin or SA and have a hint of an accent.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I briefly imagined Jeffrey paying for Elong's bodyguards and had a hearty laugh, thanks

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Wasn't sure if this got posted but Tucker's new Twitter show is going well

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1668714190645743619

This is Tucker's lawyer:
https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1668214452054028288

And if you are wondering if she steals millions from charities, you are correct

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1668303505591861248

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

or theyre paid by putin or SA and have a hint of an accent.

Goddamn it, Jeffrey, this isn't how we want our :10bux: spent!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Cthulu Carl posted:

Goddamn it, Jeffrey, this isn't how we want our :10bux: spent!

Speak for yourself

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

McSpanky posted:

And with all that manipulation, the numbers they gave the NHTSA still came out to FSD being ten times as dangerous as unassisted driving? Holy poo poo, how dangerous is it in actuality? Musk is literally a menace to society.

There is another important way that Tesla juice it's numbers...

They always compare their safety numbers to all drivers, but the thing is, Teslas are both expensive to buy and expensive to insure, so the numbers screw to wealthier, older drivers who are already much better drivers than your "average" driver. Also, pretty much all cars at the Tesla price level have advanced driver assistance systems that in many cases are actually more advanced than Tesla's, Tesla's are missing basic things like rear cross traffic detection, forward looking radar, side looking radar, etc.

.random
May 7, 2007

Lol I’m not a bat, I don’t use radar to drive. Why should my car? :jerkbag:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

.random posted:

Lol I’m not a bat, I don’t use radar to drive. Why should my car? :jerkbag:

What a wildly ignorant post. Bats don't use radar.

They use batdar

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kazil posted:

What a wildly ignorant post. Bats don't use radar.

They use batdar

are you telling me TY lied to me? The beanie baby bat was named Radar

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

pixaal posted:

are you telling me TY lied to me? The beanie baby bat was named Radar
This is actually really stupid

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bats navigate with panache

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Just remembered this one from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1668868113725550592

While looking at this:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1669017475659251713

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Cody gets some great slams in on elon in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvvwG7UmIv4

"So with all these experts, and also elon musk, agreeing with each other.." lmao

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Almost as if reality had a liberal bias :thunk:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Elon if you want to stop grooming start with your own family:

:barf:

Lmao, just yelling at the White House account like a lunatic, like normal cool people totally do

I think his daughter being trans legitimately broke his brain: he can't stop talking about this poo poo. This really does feel like a full psychotic break.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"the sky is blue"
"well, you're a liberal so you would say that!"

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Three Olives posted:

There is another important way that Tesla juice it's numbers...

They always compare their safety numbers to all drivers, but the thing is, Teslas are both expensive to buy and expensive to insure, so the numbers screw to wealthier, older drivers who are already much better drivers than your "average" driver. Also, pretty much all cars at the Tesla price level have advanced driver assistance systems that in many cases are actually more advanced than Tesla's, Tesla's are missing basic things like rear cross traffic detection, forward looking radar, side looking radar, etc.

Haha, what - you have to be kidding, I thought all cars had this now

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao, just yelling at the White House account like a lunatic, like normal cool people totally do

I think his daughter being trans legitimately broke his brain: he can't stop talking about this poo poo. This really does feel like a full psychotic break.

That would require him to care about his children.

He's just pissy that Biden refused to say Tesla for the first year when speaking about EVs and Musk blames him for not making the EV tax credit Tesla exclusive.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I’m a big fan of the videos where Tesla drivers let the AI do all the work navigating difficult situations and then tell me how impressed they are while barely acknowledging how much free labor they’re doing while putting others at risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That would require him to care about his children.

He's just pissy that Biden refused to say Tesla for the first year when speaking about EVs and Musk blames him for not making the EV tax credit Tesla exclusive.

Isn't he also raging malding rubberface mad at Chelsea Manning for Grimes as well?