Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RocketRaygun posted:

It's the bosses. If you shoot the craniums at random other vex your super doesn't recharge. You can also top off your super by shooting an AR or whatever.

The Craniums in Hypernet Current behave differently.

mmmm, no, sorry. or like, half points.

you get super energy based on damage done, but there seems to be a minimum amount gained per shot. so rapid firing weapons do better, you're right about that

craniums are one of the fastest firing AND most damaging weapons, so you get absurd super gain. (this also worked for the scythe in haunted, since it did so much damage) (I think it should also apply to the lasers in the seraph battlegrounds)

but the target doesn't matter- that'd be an entirely novel, unique mechanic. Now I means yes it's bungie... BUT- it's a matter of bosses having more health, thus allowing you to do more damage to gain more super. maybe I could see minor/major/ultras having different scaling but not this one singular enemy having its own unique thing

likewise craniums aren't going to randomly behave differently in the strike/terminous overload vs strike force

anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-24qi7Wrjs

1:05 look at the rate of gain in super with the cranium vs rufus (it's not close)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm214KpnUj4

3:18 player hits a non-boss minotaur with sidearm burst, gains a hefty bit of super

5:10 player hits the boss with a sidearm burst, gains a noticeable bit of super- but roughly the same amount/rate as when hitting the minotaur earlier (even less, perhaps). player picks up cranium and shoots boss and gains absurd amount of super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfAQYc6wcv4

1:45 player shoots harpies with a cranium, and does gain lots of super for doing so. issue is the harpies have low health and die instantly, making it less consistent/noticeable than shooting the boss, but it is there

3:40 player again shoots adds with cranium, including a quantum hobgoblin so there's more health and again the super gain is elevated

(I had to scour videos because of course it will never spawn for me to test in person)

e; lol of course one happens immediately after I make this post, but while I stepped away from the computer

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Openly calling myself out, but as a Cruci whore I fuckin' hate Striker with such a goddamn passion.

Everything about them is good, everything about them is dumb. I know this isn't an original take, but I'm doing this purely for catharsis.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

All of the tuning they've done with glaives since their introduction has been to make the melee worse. "Here's a weapon with a giant loving blade on it. No, don't stab people with it! You're supposed to use the little pew pew laser! Geez!"

I just used glaives when I needed an easy unstoppable weapon. Otherise lol no. The exotic heavy stasis one excepting, because its a fun gimmick weapon.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The trials glaive is fine. Imo Amp is by far the best perk in column 3, and 4 has some fun ones. The unique perk is voltshot, but since they removed weapon modifiers affecting jolt (all jolts do the same damage regardless of source) is a little meh. It is fun with the new hunter crab claw exotic though.

Imo for pve a crafted nezerac with enhanced lead from gold / frenzy is the best. Resurgence may be a stat monster, but frenzy gives you 100 of the two most important stats for free plus some damage.

https://d2foundry.gg/w/254636484?p=1934171651,3142289711,3442762221,3007133316_1,1250481499&m=0&mw=1447716563

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I will only accept Glaives with Grave Robber

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fighting Lion isn’t real.

YOU'RE NOT REAL :mad:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

YOU'RE NOT REAL :mad:

:hmmyes:

Ticcu's on a solar hammer build titan is a lot of fun. Tag an enemy with Ticcu, throw a hammer at them, watch them and all their friends explode violently.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bow blinting continues to plague the game in new and exciting ways

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Silly question, what's "blinting"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Firing a bow and then immediately switching to another weapon and firing that. Because a precision bow hit will take off most of your health, this messes with a lot of breakpoints in PVP and lets the second weapon be way more effective than usual

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

haveblue posted:

Firing a bow and then immediately switching to another weapon and firing that. Because a precision bow hit will take off most of your health, this messes with a lot of breakpoints in PVP and lets the second weapon be way more effective than usual

That sounds very unfun to play against :smith:. Glad I never got into the PvP for this game, it sounds toxic and depressing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It actually used to be worse, they added an extra delay when swapping from a bow to a non-bow weapon not too long ago

Lots of sweaty PVP stuff is incredibly unfun to play against. My personal hot take is that sliding should have a cooldown or warmup period

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

same except demolitionist

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

haveblue posted:

It actually used to be worse, they added an extra delay when swapping from a bow to a non-bow weapon not too long ago

still viable with handling exotics. ophidian, tricksleeves, lucky pants, peacekeepers. thankfully oathkeeper, the biggest culprit for enabling bow degeneracy, was hit the hardest by the swap speed nerf

Shockeh posted:

Openly calling myself out, but as a Cruci whore I fuckin' hate Striker with such a goddamn passion.

Everything about them is good, everything about them is dumb. I know this isn't an original take, but I'm doing this purely for catharsis.

seeing this is wild to me because i remember a very long period of time when arc titan was considered to be the worst class in the game by a fair margin

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Kith posted:

seeing this is wild to me because i remember a very long period of time when arc titan was considered to be the worst class in the game by a fair margin

I never got into pvp but as far as pve content goes arc titan was unplayable garbage until the 3.0 rework. I was very confused to see people using it before season of plunder.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
you saw people using it with cuirass a lot in environments where you could cheese a boss by doing a lot of damage instantly (inverted spire) or where a champion deletion button could save the run (glassway), i think. just had to put up with the rest of the class being basically blank.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I never got into pvp but as far as pve content goes arc titan was unplayable garbage until the 3.0 rework. I was very confused to see people using it before season of plunder.

It was good in Gambit where you could stack Knockout and Synthoceps and not even need to shoot your gun as you punched your way through crowds of enemies, healing as you went.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cuirass is basically required to make thundercrash viable and they really need to buff its native damage to that level and rework cuirass into something else useful

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Just had another leaver in the 3rd area of Deep Dives because 2 of us found the pressure trial quickly but the other player didn't go for it immediately... I almost wish pressure trials weren't a thing on these. Adds better rewards, yes, but can lead to too many quitters. I can't believe I might just LFG the plot-required Deep Dives, but... I might.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Insetik posted:

Just had another leaver in the 3rd area of Deep Dives because 2 of us found the pressure trial quickly but the other player didn't go for it immediately... I almost wish pressure trials weren't a thing on these. Adds better rewards, yes, but can lead to too many quitters. I can't believe I might just LFG the plot-required Deep Dives, but... I might.

I got into a dive last night, we all hit the lure in the first room, cleared the trial with relative ease, then one of the blueberries refused to activate the lure on either of the next two depths despite me and the other dude emoting beckon and carry until the lure disappeared.

Dude was so averse to doing the pressure trial that he'd rather try and solo the normal encounter

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Kith posted:

True, but time in a thing and now they aren’t.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Lib and let die posted:

I got into a dive last night, we all hit the lure in the first room, cleared the trial with relative ease, then one of the blueberries refused to activate the lure on either of the next two depths despite me and the other dude emoting beckon and carry until the lure disappeared.

Dude was so averse to doing the pressure trial that he'd rather try and solo the normal encounter

Literally what just happened... we were going fine, not really dying a lot, I was following the other two players' leads because they seemed to know what they were doing, and then on the third encounter, one of them just didn't go for the pressure trials and the other one left once the spawn disappeared.

And I see that the season triumph requires you to have a run where all of them are activated? Geez... at least in Crucible I know my game will be rough within a couple minutes, but again, here, you can be 15 minutes in and have this kind of run-ending disagreement.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

But we should also get matchmaking for raids

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Nothing in deep dives requires communication or understanding a mechanic beyond 'kill the guys', so unironically yeah, it'd probably be better with a second matchmade 'pressure trial enjoyers only' playlist, along with join-in-progress enabled.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ptroll posted:

Nothing in deep dives requires communication or understanding a mechanic beyond 'kill the guys', so unironically yeah, it'd probably be better with a second matchmade 'pressure trial enjoyers only' playlist, along with join-in-progress enabled.

Canonically speaking how would a guardian get down to a dive in progress?

Anyway, transmat firin'!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Glaive Robber.

Also the solution for PvP is be bad enough that the bracket you play in is filled with people who don't do stuff like bow blinting or blunting. I like PvP cause I'm in the Bronze crew :cool:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shockeh posted:

True, but time in a thing and now they aren’t.

oh yeah absolutely i'm not insisting that they're somehow fine just because they used to not be, i'm just saying it's crazy how much of a difference arc 3.0 made

however as i do not pvp i am very curious to know what changed and made them so strong because from a glance at their kit they're largely the same. is it the booster scoots?

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

bot striker was comfy for me because:

pulse grenades
reversal turned thralls into healthkits with legs
knockout's extended melee range was very nice and always active
frontal assault insta-reloaded my guns on kill!!! very cool and nice
if i got caught in a bad situation i could (usually) blow fists of havoc for damage resist and run to cover, or use the duration-increasing to clear trash quickly (this was much more effective before heal on kill got removed from fists)

so i tended to use it for any non-serious content. and most serious content now that i think about it

Kith fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 15, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

Cuirass is basically required to make thundercrash viable and they really need to buff its native damage to that level and rework cuirass into something else useful

See also: Geomags, Chaos Reach

(yes I know it just got buffed. it’s still rear end)

eta: https://twitter.com/kyber3000/status/1669049517453496320?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 14, 2023

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I've been using Chaos Reach exclusively since the season dropped.
It's still poo poo lmao.
Granted, I've not been using Geomags, but I'm not even sure if that would be enough to matter, that super is just rear end.

Not to mention the camera is still too close, and you WILL still body block yourself.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Story question did Savathun plan on the Vex hiding the Veil or was she just hoping the Witness wouldn’t check Neptune? Did she even know the Vex would show up there?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I've been using Chaos Reach exclusively since the season dropped.

I got multiple teamwipes with it grinding my three comp playlist Crucible games for Mercurial Overreach last week though, it was hilarious

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

sunday at work posted:

Story question did Savathun plan on the Vex hiding the Veil or was she just hoping the Witness wouldn’t check Neptune? Did she even know the Vex would show up there?

So, it was Savathun that hid the veil on Neptune. She stole it from the Traveler or the Witness or something (it's not clear) and killed Nezerac in the process. She stuffed it onto Neptune. At the time, she also had Quaria under her direct command, who was an incredibly powerful Vex Mind that was Taken by Oryx and gifted to her. We'll probably find out more, but it could have been that she used Quaria to command the Vex to cast a simulation net over Neptune to hide Neomuna, or that she just knew the Vex were going to do it by way Quaria telling her. All in all, it's not a weird thing that Sav would know or predict the Vex doing something like this because she's been constantly manipulating them with Quaria

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

Lots of sweaty PVP stuff is incredibly unfun to play against. My personal hot take is that sliding should have a cooldown or warmup period

My personal take is PVP peaked with original Doom 2 LAN deathmatches, keyboards only. No mice allowed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Asha said "final shape" and I soyfaced in response

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

How do you activate the pressure trials in a Deep Dive?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I just realised I had a complete brain failure when I said Doom 2 LAN deathmatch was peak PVP. That was incorrect and I deeply apologise for my memory failure.

The best PVP experience possible is 1994's Rise Of The Triads LAN multiplayer. Drunk missiles, firebombs and heat seekers. Where the machineguns come with unlimited ammo, never need to reload and are considered a backup weapon.

It was... so beautiful.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Hypnobeard posted:

How do you activate the pressure trials in a Deep Dive?

All three pepole have to interact with the Toland orb. The orb will spawn in a random one of four places on the level after you plant the extractor. THEN, there will be either three Taken Blights you have to shoot, three pools of light you have to stand in to clear, or three Taken sphears or whateve they are called in the air that you have to shoot.

You have to do that on each level.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

sunday at work posted:

All three pepole have to interact with the Toland orb. The orb will spawn in a random one of four places on the level after you plant the extractor. THEN, there will be either three Taken Blights you have to shoot, three pools of light you have to stand in to clear, or three Taken sphears or whateve they are called in the air that you have to shoot.

You have to do that on each level.

One clarification it seems like if you get the part with the standing in pools to activate the trial, there are (6) pools. Coincidentally if we are going to fail a pressure trial level, I find that it's usually on one where we have to stand on pools first because we spend forever doing that instead of progressing the regular encounter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, you have to do both things at once to have enough time. You don't have to do the extra objective immediately, just complete it before the regular objective. Except the sinking blights, you have to do those before they sink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I'm always the guy with the dumbest complaints, but my main issue with this season's activities is that Salvage missions should start at like 3000 meters and end with a battle on the rig platforms, with ascending underwater platform sections, while Deep Dive actually has you travel downwards