Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

This may be a stupid question but If you are a bow focused rogue and you put gems in your melee weapons does that effect range attacks as well or only the hitting weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reply is not edit, sorry for the doublepost

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah the game gives you a ton of xp compared to what's needed to level to 50. If you beeline the main story you may not get to 50 before completing it, but if you're doing all of the dungeons, exploration, and side quests you'll also run into a wall at 50 in like Scosglen, which is why I've seen a few places say that leveling in WT2 isn't really worthwhile, and I'd agree with that. While the only thing standing between a player and WT3 is the capstone dungeon, the dungeon can't be attempted until after the campaign, so don't be like me and try to do all the side content as it becomes available.

I ended up completing the campaign at like 52 from just killing level 50 mobs for five acts of story. Definitely had optimized gear for the 50 capstone, at least lmao.
Yeah I'm doing cellars and finding Lilith shrines but otherwise going to try to stick to doing the campaign for now.

I feel like its a bad half-measure and I should just do everything if I can continue to own everything.

poemdexter posted:

I dunno, +72% critical strike damage to vulnerable enemies for barbarians seems really nice considering you can have 100% vulnerable on hit chance from paragon board.
You can get guaranteed vulnerable from an enhancement to Double Swing (I think its double swing? I'm not at my gaming computer and keep getting barb skills confused).

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

hello internet posted:

This may be a stupid question but If you are a bow focused rogue and you put gems in your melee weapons does that effect range attacks as well or only the hitting weapon

Afaik all stats on any piece of gear will affect anything you do, that should include gems

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Gwaihir posted:

Comparisons to vanilla d3 are pretty laughable because it was so loving bad, but also, we're not in 2012 anymore and presumably there's at least one person left at blizzard that remembers all the fixes required to turn d3 from a trash game to a great one.

it never became a great one. the further they go away from that game the better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Doomykins posted:

I find it more incredulous that whoever devved for D4 couldn't just launch Diablo 3 and write some notes down, rather than hope they maintain a chain of dev knowledge unbroken since vanilla D3. In fact, definitely break it because vanilla D3 is when somebody said "double it" without testing about Inferno.

Surely they'll say "hey all this stuff is coming whooo-eee crunch is hard please be patient" in the stream.

its literally better at launch than d3 at any point lol

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You just roll up to the jeweler. In vanilla D3, there was no way to do it except enchanting (which became unsustainable due to exponentially increasing costs for enchanting a single item). It wasn't until years later that they added a very rare drop that could add sockets.

This is wrong. The enchantress didn't get added until the expansion. The gold costs for rerolls only become unsustainable at an extreme level, but you'll be starved of veiled crystals before that happens.

Ramaladni's Gift is also far more common than goons complain about it being. You'll feel starved for it until you finally get one. You can just ask for one in a public rift game and you'll be swimming in them in no time.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

If I understand correctly, the only stat that's actually purely gear-specific is base damage range, right?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sloober posted:

sorcs have an annoying amount of skills based on lucky hits. i honestly hate it. i just want an effect!!! Even some of our aspects are just glorified lucky hits. (chance for +2 chains to lightning for example). Various enchants are just "Another Lucky Hit effect". sorcs are just gamblers really based on these thigns
Sure, but what I meant was that Sorcs are one of the classes that can get lucky chance up to where proc based builds, which is what lucky hits really are, are viable.
For the other classes, that's absolutely not the case and you actively want to avoid it as an affix on your gear.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Sure, but what I meant was that Sorcs are one of the classes that can get lucky chance up to where proc based builds, which is what lucky hits really are, are viable.
For the other classes, that's absolutely not the case and you actively want to avoid it as an affix on your gear.

A two hander on a barb has around 50% lucky chance so adding just a bit with gear goes a long way. I haven't seen any mods on lucky hit besides chance to execute and move speed when hitting an elite though.

Do other classes have interesting lucky hit mods?

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Jesus trying to complete all side quests in a zone with no way of knowing which you've done really is miserable.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Drone Incognito posted:

We already have a cool codex to collect the aspects from dungeons.

Can we add a 2nd "pip" or something that we can use to extract an aspect from an item to add to the codex? Then instead of getting a 2% higher roll on an aspect, shrugging, and dismantling it, I could extract it into the codex to use later. Make me look forward to seeing legendary items drop with duplicate aspects instead of just being garbage. Or give me double the inventory slots. Either way, hoping the QoL stuff gets looked at a bit because otherwise I'm enjoying just casually playing the game.

yeah the aspects as items concept is dumb, they should just get sucked into a redesigned codex and then you could pick which roll you want from a list when you imprint.

you can store aspects in your stash but good luck to people who are working with multiple characters and builds

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Jesus trying to complete all side quests in a zone with no way of knowing which you've done really is miserable.

then dont

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Pen shot Rogue is the first time the game is actually fun for me.
I got my revenge on the butcher, twice!

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
That D4 shipped with no ability to teleport to your fellow party members is it’s most egregious sin.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
How does supreme iron maelstrom work? im a moron

negativeneil posted:

That D4 shipped with no ability to teleport to your fellow party members is it’s most egregious sin.

you literally can do that, they have a tp up at all times to join them

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

negativeneil posted:

You can use your party members’ portal from any major city and teleport directly to them.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

negativeneil posted:

you can teleport to them. Go to the zone hub (the one hitting T takes you to) then click their portal

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

negativeneil posted:

You can. Their portals are by any waypoint.
E exploding like a loot piñata rn.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 14, 2023

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

If I understand correctly, the only stat that's actually purely gear-specific is base damage range, right?

Right, your melee skills will be based on the melee weapon dmg range and vice versa

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

How does supreme iron maelstrom work? im a moron

works as stated, basically the more you weapon swap between abilities the better. Say you flurry with your dual wield as required and then a large hammer to do an upheaval? that's a second shaved off. another if you then smack again with the flurry. Functionally you can shave a lot of time off it and use it quite often if you have abilities that aren't just all using the same arsenal weapon

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
See it’s way easier to get your question answered when you post with aggressive ignorance instead of quiet curiosity thanks y’all

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

negativeneil posted:

See it’s way easier to get your question answered when you post with aggressive ignorance instead of quiet curiosity thanks y’all

did you even try the latter?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sloober posted:

works as stated, basically the more you weapon swap between abilities the better. Say you flurry with your dual wield as required and then a large hammer to do an upheaval? that's a second shaved off. another if you then smack again with the flurry. Functionally you can shave a lot of time off it and use it quite often if you have abilities that aren't just all using the same arsenal weapon

Awesome, thanks so much for that. I think i had a hunch but it wasnt seeming to work right last night. im sure im just being a dingus

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Name of the game

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I started out making joke titles, and then I realized that the huge variety of options made it too easy to make joke titles, so now I actually earnestly attempt to make good ones.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
So i guess i vendored a unique and didn't notice. Oops but seriously why is there not buttons to sell common/magic/rare like for disenchanting. Why does the item sort mix the good loot in with the poo poo. Who thinks by slot and then rarity is a good idea because it seems really really dumb

It's super dumb actually because if you assign a bunch of things as junk and then right click any one of them it vendors them all. Just make a button you jokers

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

kaxman posted:

So i guess i vendored a unique and didn't notice. Oops but seriously why is there not buttons to sell common/magic/rare like for disenchanting. Why does the item sort mix the good loot in with the poo poo. Who thinks by slot and then rarity is a good idea because it seems really really dumb

It's super dumb actually because if you assign a bunch of things as junk and then right click any one of them it vendors them all. Just make a button you jokers

its your fault you sold it and no one elses

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I will forever be Dirty Goat.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Stux posted:

its your fault you sold it and no one elses

Absolutely but they should save oblivious idiots like me from ourselves. they have the power

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ytlaya posted:

I started out making joke titles, and then I realized that the huge variety of options made it too easy to make joke titles, so now I actually earnestly attempt to make good ones.

That was me too. I've settled on "Stone Nightmare" for my barbie because it's a pleasing combination of words.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Turns out that if you are standing inside the invulnerability bubble at the end of a NM dungeon and teleport to town, environmental damage effects somehow can still kill your character if the loading screen bugs out – some streamer lost a L91 HC druid to this earlier. Pretty wild that this can happen at all.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

it never became a great one. the further they go away from that game the better.

Stux posted:

its literally better at launch than d3 at any point lol

:hmmyes:

So I never really liked D2 either, so for me D4 feels like the real sequel to OG Diablo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

That was me too. I've settled on "Stone Nightmare" for my barbie because it's a pleasing combination of words.

For a while I had (IIRC) "Crystalline Echo" on my Sorcerer, since it seemed to fit the theme of doing Frost Novas that were immediately followed by Frozen Shards from an enchantment.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

negativeneil posted:

Lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

negativeneil posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ytlaya posted:

I can't bring myself to change away from "Pyro Trash"

kaxman posted:

Absolutely but they should save oblivious idiots like me from ourselves. they have the power

I mean they have a buyback :P

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

American McGay posted:

Yeah I’m playing it right now, and have been without issue for a week and a half.

Nice screenshot though.

I really hope Blizzard pays you for all the overtime you're putting into tirelessly defending the game in this thread, it would be kind of pathetic if you were doing it for free.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I learned with Bear Pulverize, you can hit mobs with the slam and the shockwave at the same time by moving a little away from them. This hugely increases single target.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Scumbag posted:

I really hope Blizzard pays you for all the overtime you're putting into tirelessly defending the game in this thread, it would be kind of pathetic if you were doing it for free.

mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Mr Scumbag posted:

you are hate lurking a thread for a game you don't even play. what is going on with you man? you sound insane