Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
anyone tried making a house swapper service, so lets say I’m all horned up at 2.5% and so is another person and we want to switch cities so instead of selling and needing to new rear end pounding mortgages we just exchange house keys with a little docusign for liabilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

FistEnergy posted:

yep

https://twitter.com/MrMBrown/status/1669059824884039682?s=20

If you didn't become a homeowner by 2021 it's too late now, so sorry.

getting my starter home by age 50

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
just invent Money 2

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

19 o'clock posted:

:same:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

just invent X, the everything Money

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

19 o'clock posted:

You’d still be working at 80 anyway

Morbus
May 18, 2004

These are but words. Markets only understand the language of number.

and number...

number go up

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

https://twitter.com/mollymcghee/status/1668969153456218112?s=20

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

starter homes shouldn’t be a thing everyone should get their own large apartment in brutalist apartment blocks with parks in the middle of each one and amenities no more than a 10 minute walk away including a subway station

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Koirhor posted:

anyone tried making a house swapper service, so lets say I’m all horned up at 2.5% and so is another person and we want to switch cities so instead of selling and needing to new rear end pounding mortgages we just exchange house keys with a little docusign for liabilities

If your mortgage allows it, you can lease from each other (some mortgages require owner-occupancy). It's best to consult a local real estate lawyer. You can rent one for an hour to explore how to do that.

anonumos has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Jun 14, 2023

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

I went to a ramen place for lunch when I had jury duty a few weeks ago. It was almost $20 after tip and I was the only one there so I could hear them putting it in the microwave.

lol owned

Morbus
May 18, 2004

"not seeing a lot of progress", I say, whimpering in the shadow of Paul Volcker and refusing to look him in the eye

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

anonumos posted:

If your mortgage allows it, you can lease from each other (some mortgages require owner-occupancy). It's best to consult a local real estate lawyer. You can rent one for an hour to explore how to do that.

But then you both have to pay income taxes on the rental income, it's worse than a house swap.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Subway footlongs are $11 lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol:really cool and awesome this is just like, allowed

https://twitter.com/BleepinComputer/status/1668604181207306242?t=LqieqZ-VKXpFg08RXZLaeg&s=19
https://twitter.com/SonicWall/status/1668661259988873228?t=D8UlGJqzo-0UUSBHu6IbbQ&s=19

Promoted Tweet
https://twitter.com/BlLife_Forum/status/1668688606532083731?t=xN3kMy1ffyeOtJOm1CtFKA&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheCryptoLark/status/1661855410511400961?t=xN3kMy1ffyeOtJOm1CtFKA&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Jun 14, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the replies are exactly what you think they are

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

triple sulk posted:

I honestly can't read comments on popular Twitter threads ever since The Worst People On The Internet got boosted to the top of the replies

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Not a Children posted:

I cannot get parsley, basil, rosemary, or thyme without spending $1.99 on a lovely plastic clamshell of half-rotted product at my local grocery

It's fuckin criminal

I loving hate this poo poo

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

triple sulk posted:

they are even worse than that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

every day i'm amazed that tsla hasn't collapsed

It's been on such an insane tear, up over 60% in a month.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lol, then what happened. Everyone thought a rate pause was baked in, and JPowell talking would tank the market. The exact opposite happened.

I've posted about it before but Wall Street's #1 priority isn't making money, it's crushing volatility as much as they possibly can. This has the effect of making everyone be loving wrong about the market if they think a big move or a directional move is going to happen.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
If you don't like the Fed policy you should just vote for a new chairman.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Xaris posted:

learning that the secret to why people say “but restaurant food tastes better!” is they’re usually adding several sticks of butter and salt to entrees that would make a home cook squirm in terror. if you just add 2 whole sticks of butter to everything you make at home, you pretty much end up with take-out quality

lotta good spices helps too but not always required. I’ve been roasting whole spices and mortar n pestling them instead of pre ground spices which kicks rear end and adds a lot of good flavor without the fat

Paula Deen knew

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Because of interest rate changes moving in to a slightly more desirable house would double my mortgage so no, I am not moving any time soon.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Restaurant food usually causes me stomach issues because the food is so rich and full of spices and butter. My wife and I will not eat out for pasta unless it’s a really nice Italian place and I’ll get something we don’t cook at home.

We’ve made so many different types of pasta at home, just as good as the restaurants for much less. Why would I pay someone to make loving carbonara, cacio e pepe, or lobster spaghetti when I can do it myself? I can also make my own drat pasta by hand with my kitchen aid pasta rollers.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I’m really sweating on when to get out of NVDA

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

She's the OG of butter cooking.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Danknificent posted:

I’m really sweating on when to get out of NVDA

i sold at $410 and stuffed it all into VOO. no regerts.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

But then you both have to pay income taxes on the rental income, it's worse than a house swap.

Rent for $1 a year.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Chad Sexington posted:

I went to a ramen place for lunch when I had jury duty a few weeks ago. It was almost $20 after tip and I was the only one there so I could hear them putting it in the microwave.

That reminds me I went to a place where it was very obvious the noodles in the ramen were literally the .30 pack of maruchan or whatever. It was still stuck together and everything.

Charged me $15

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Ebola Roulette posted:

That reminds me I went to a place where it was very obvious the noodles in the ramen were literally the .30 pack of maruchan or whatever. It was still stuck together and everything.

Charged me $15

Everything is so expensive now people must be pulling back on their purchases. I can tell because a bubble tea shop I've never given my email address to somehow got my email address to send a coupon deal to. It reminds me of early covid when a bunch of companies I had no idea had my contact info crawled out of the woodwork to tell me how much they care about me.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Xaris posted:

learning that the secret to why people say “but restaurant food tastes better!” is they’re usually adding several sticks of butter and salt to entrees that would make a home cook squirm in terror. if you just add 2 whole sticks of butter to everything you make at home, you pretty much end up with take-out quality

lotta good spices helps too but not always required. I’ve been roasting whole spices and mortar n pestling them instead of pre ground spices which kicks rear end and adds a lot of good flavor without the fat

thats orbably why im such a good cook. we use french levels of butter

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that's actually extremely American lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
oh absolutely. most people google and get scared off recipes that’s like “add 4 sticks of butter and 3 lbs of cheese” but that’s how restaurant food “tastes better”

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Xaris posted:

made bhindi masala last night but added a shitload more ghee than usual and this is 100% true, kicked it up to the next level

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Chad Sexington posted:

I went for Korean stone pot soup, it was $20 before tip. It was $30 for soup and bbq combo and this was for lunch!

That was for tofu soup too not meat soup. That was like a $10 soup before the loving pandemic. Ramen around here is easily $20 before tax now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol there was a dumpy rear end unflipped non-remodeled 2BR/2Ba house with a pretty bad kitchen that was going up for sale next to my apartment and i thought maybe it’d get listed for <850 cuz it’s pretty small and not exactly family friendly. well... it just went up for 1 mill

with like 8% mortgage rates lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Local grocery now only prints receipts upon request, and you have to actually ask them instead of having the cashier prompt you.

They'd already shrunk the text down to save space on paper, I wonder how much money they're saving per month by doing this. $75? $100?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Local grocery now only prints receipts upon request, and you have to actually ask them instead of having the cashier prompt you.

They'd already shrunk the text down to save space on paper, I wonder how much money they're saving per month by doing this. $75? $100?

someone should tell CVS this trick. loving a mile long rear end piece of paper for a candy bar

anyways I haven’t really noticed, receipts auto print anyways and they ask if you want it or not but it’s still printed

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

is pepsi ok posted:

i sold at $410 and stuffed it all into VOO. no regerts.

I sold half at like 400 yesterday. I have VTSAX instead of VOO because I'm an idiot. I just remember when I got out of Gamestop at like 110 and it would've been way more if I'd waited a day. But that's the wrong kind of thinking. I'm out! Tesla too.

Feels good. So I assume that now that I've eliminated my position, Tesla and NVDA will go to the moon tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

anyways I haven’t really noticed, receipts auto print anyways and they ask if you want it or not but it’s still printed

That's what I mean, they changed it so the receipts don't auto-print anymore.