Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I had one that hurt like hell but if I held cold water around it it was 100% fine. But the second that water hit above lukewarm, it was like someone stuck a live wire on the nerve. They gave me a script for them actually and refilled it without question. Course I hurt so bad I couldn't even enjoy it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The context there:

https://twitter.com/RoadMN/status/1668361667837583360?t=6mXgOsP8KVtHL905SAq44g&s=19

Fox News has basically lost half their audience since the Tucker firing. The Tucker tweetshow has a (fake) view number of 63 million. Donnie's political strategy is his legal strategy - yell really loud and delay things.

It's all very stupid, but that's evergreen.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

what the hell is newsnation a bunch of folks who washed out of NBC 15 years ago?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

what the hell is newsnation a bunch of folks who washed out of NBC 15 years ago?

WGN rebranded and rebooted as a news network with a bunch of waiver claims as hosts.

facialimpediment posted:

The context there:

https://twitter.com/RoadMN/status/1668361667837583360?t=6mXgOsP8KVtHL905SAq44g&s=19

Fox News has basically lost half their audience since the Tucker firing. The Tucker tweetshow has a (fake) view number of 63 million. Donnie's political strategy is his legal strategy - yell really loud and delay things.

It's all very stupid, but that's evergreen.

Glad to see Laura knocked out of the lead in her time slot. Fortunately, we're also close to the self-titled King of late night also being dethroned.

And good lord, CNN.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 14, 2023

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

CBJSprague24 posted:

WGN rebranded and rebooted as a news network with a bunch of waiver claims as hosts.

There were some big names who flat out quit the WGN team when they felt the show was going too conservative.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/newsnation-jennifer-lyon-nexstar-bias-1234926851/

"The simmering controversy for the channel previously known as WGN America gained steam on Tuesday when Nexstar confirmed that Jennifer Lyons, the WGN-TV Chicago news veteran who led the launch of the primetime “NewsNation” block last September, has resigned her post as VP of news. That follows several lower-level departures last week that appear to have been prompted by concerns that former Fox News executive Bill Shine is leading a charge to steer the channel to the right. Shine is a consultant to Nexstar and NewsNation but does not have a formal role at the company."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I started watching CNN again after Licht got fired and good lord, one of the co-hosts on their morning show is so tongue-tied that she's hard to watch.

She tripped over something a few minutes ago about the family lost in the jungle in Colombia ("and Wilson, their...dog!") and just referred to Tronald Trump.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CBJSprague24 posted:

I started watching CNN again after Licht got fired and good lord, one of the co-hosts on their morning show is so tongue-tied that she's hard to watch.

She tripped over something a few minutes ago about the family lost in the jungle in Colombia ("and Wilson, their...dog!") and just referred to Tronald Trump.

I'm still on team "gently caress CNN". Licht got fired because he started drawing attention. The people who put him in place wanted him to do exactly what he did, and will continue to do it with other mascots around.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I was on the “gently caress CNN” bandwagon since about 2012 or so tbh

E: I think that’s about the time the website started to lean really hard into being Clickbait trash

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1669091158348234753?t=Vs8sg2sEHKSq73SZE6y1oA&s=19

I'm no law talking guy but this seems like textbook manslaughter

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
When did Captain Darling move to NY?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Seems like first degree murder to me

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Insider links are no longer verboten - strike has ended after the weenie $600k douchebag tearing down union signs caved.

https://twitter.com/InsiderUnion/status/1669079063699365889?t=cdEPSMXtaPlYQ9TdNhIP4A&s=19

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That Works posted:

I was on the “gently caress CNN” bandwagon since about 2012 or so tbh

E: I think that’s about the time the website started to lean really hard into being Clickbait trash

It's been nonstop poo poo for all 18 years they've kept Wolf Blitzer around after "These people are so poor, and so black..."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

It's been nonstop poo poo for all 18 years they've kept Wolf Blitzer around after "These people are so poor, and so black..."

Lmao yeah thats when I started to think they were poo poo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's always been poo poo. Cable News was developed by wall street market manipulators during the Reagan years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIbVBUk5tKc

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Woodchip posted:

When did Captain Darling move to NY?

Its like the meathead version of Captain Darling.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Washington Post says Trump's attorneys tried to talk him into a settlement with the DOJ over the documents, and he refused, saying he wanted to be combative.

Repeated doubling down on stupid.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: TRANTIFA :siren:

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1668573241575632896

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I heard something to this effect today from a completely different source. I thought it was an odd thing to focus on. The article was at least a month old, so this has been brewing for awhile.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

"Why do these people we're trying to eliminate keep fighting back?"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

your freedom of speech to hate them is under attack!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

good

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pretty bad name imo

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

It's TERFism:

https://twitter.com/MarilynShimmie1/status/1668577857180782592

https://twitter.com/Bar_Tosh/status/1668577032093986817

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 15, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
trantifa, from trantor, capital of the galactic empire

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Could be the case, but if there is even one juror that is remotely like me he won’t be convicted.

Soul Dentist posted:

Seems like first degree murder to me

Absolutely not. No doubt he murdered the man, the question is whether it was justifiable homicide or manslaughter. There’s a whole host of steps you gotta take to perform a first degree murder. None of which appear to have been the case here.

I’m sad a mentally ill persons mental illness led directly to their death, but sometimes when you gently caress around, you find out. Or choke out in his case.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
how could it possibly be justifiable homicide in any way whatsoever. the guy was not hurting anyone. simply being mentally ill does not mean someone can just be attacked. the thing that led to his death was some stupid gently caress decided to attack him and put him in a blood choke for 15 minutes. he's dead because someone murdered him, not because he was mentally ill.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 15, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The way I see it, it’s mentally deranged to strangle a person to death.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

always projection etc

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1669087320111472641

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Herstory Begins Now posted:

how could it possibly be justifiable homicide in any way whatsoever. the guy was not hurting anyone. simply being mentally ill does not mean someone can just be attacked. the thing that led to his death was some stupid gently caress decided to put him in a blood choke for 15 minutes.

Being crazy doesn’t mean you can just go around threatening people. That’s what our chokee was doing- being insane, threatening, and violent. He didn’t just get jumped because he was having a disagreement with the voices in his head.

I think it’s a good case for manslaughter, but I wouldn’t vote for it on that jury. But I recognize I am very much in a minority here, and I’m not gonna try and proselytize my regressive views on some issues. He’s probably getting manslaughter conviction if he doesn’t plea out to something lesser somehow, which I don’t see how they could, but hey white defendent black victim, America. Anything can happen.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
the reporting on it i've seen suggests that he was being disruptive but had not been in any way violent at all, where did you see that he had been violent

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you were a prosecutor, would you let the perp plea on anything less than manslaughter?

If you bring manslaughter and lose, you can at least blame the jurors. It would in certain cases be fair to do so.

If you slap him with a lesser charge, there is no one to blame but yourself.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

the reporting on it i've seen suggests that he was being disruptive but had not been in any way violent at all, where did you see that he had been violent

Fox

I kid I kid

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

It’s just disruptive when a crazy person is screaming they’re gonna loving kill you? That’s how we characterize poo poo now?

Man I want whatever the gently caress your smoking.

I don’t think the guy deserved to die, but he also forfeited his safety by threatening that of others.

They got a manslaughter case. I wouldn’t vote for it, but I hate crazy out of control belligerent violent people and conversely I like veterans. These are not good reasons, these are not reasonable reasons, they’re not even sane or consistent reasons, but they are my reasons.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Even ignoring the initial altercation, holding the choke long after the other guy was unconscious makes it an easy manslaughter vote if I’m on that jury.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even ignoring the initial altercation, holding the choke long after the other guy was unconscious makes it an easy manslaughter vote if I’m on that jury.

Totally reasonable stance, and likely the prevailing one in the greater NYC area.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah that's where I end up on it, too. He could've easily just let up on that hold and let the guy wake up. If he goes all violent again, restrain him again. Holding that chokehold was reckless and dangerous. I'd vote to convict him of manslaughter.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’s just disruptive when a crazy person is screaming they’re gonna loving kill you? That’s how we characterize poo poo now?

Man I want whatever the gently caress your smoking.

I don’t think the guy deserved to die, but he also forfeited his safety by threatening that of others.

They got a manslaughter case. I wouldn’t vote for it, but I hate crazy out of control belligerent violent people and conversely I like veterans. These are not good reasons, these are not reasonable reasons, they’re not even sane or consistent reasons, but they are my reasons.

again where are you seeing that he was screaming that he was going to loving kill someone. according to witnesses he was saying he didn't care if he died. please link me wherever you are seeing that being reported or on video?

and yeah from being around a whole bunch of people in crisis over a bunch of years, yeah I'd characterize that as disruptive. if they attack someone I'd call that violent. if they haven't attacked anyone, I wouldn't call them violent. they might be threatening, but that's different from attacking someone.

even if he'd been violent I'd still argue that murdering him is loving stupid and a massive over-escalation and completely unjustifiable because it is. if you can restrain him, which clearly the guy was able to do, just restrain him. you don't have to loving kill him.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

At best, negligent homicide. Either dude knew enough to misapply and hold the blood choke for too long, or he had no idea what he was doing and held it too long. Either one is negligence, and I haven't seen any verified witness reports that he was acting threatening until he was was confronted by Captain Chokehold. Most of the public narrative has been framed by a PR firm that worked for the NYPD where Dipshits Dad was a Captain and ran interference from day 1.

Regardless, he didn't know what the gently caress he was doing and killed a guy.