Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it's funny how much this happens. most of the people I know just demolishing the endgame are people a handful of seasons in. obviously it's partly a matter of freshness leading to more hours played, but also the quality of info out there these days for people starting out is so, so much better than it used to be

Wonder if it’s age related? If I found this game 15 years ago, it would have taken over my life. Now I’m nearly 41 and there just isn’t time, ambition, or drive.

Now there is only tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I took a decent break from this league, basically from just after Frank Frank started. Started speeding through the thread a few days ago and seeing your progress has been brilliant. Great job, mate.

Anyway, when I left I had what I thought was about 1.5div of yellow juice in the bank and came back and it's 6 div lmao. Awakened sextants also doubled so I had a few div of those. So, well, I sold it all and made a bunch of upgrades. Felt good. Went from kinda struggling on wandering path growing hordes harvest/deli to absolutely squashing it. I think I've got a few more upgrades I can do for under like 10div (I've got a few pieces of rare gear I could replace if I spend ~3 div crafting or ~5 div to buy which would enable stormshroud, I can upgrade the suffix tiers on my flasks, I can upgrade my rare jewels or add unnatural instinct, and I can upgrade a few marginal gems) so I think I'm gonna try to grind out the 30ish div for gratuitous violence forbidden flame and flesh. Though stormshroud would help, especially cause I could swap out of Brine King. Anyway, CF Champ continues to absolutely slap. Brilliant mapper.

pork never goes bad fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 15, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

No Safe Word posted:

Maven is pretty good

Sirus is not

Eater is fine and I'd argue pretty good, Exarch is .... interesting but the ball phase is a real pain and while it's fun when you can do it well it's just a total brick when you can't

I'd say Eater is the closest to hit Uber Elder-level of quality. Maven's Punishment is too...punishing...for my tastes, kinda like Exarch's balls.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
you can 100% kill sirus, your build is fine for it and tbh it's generally safer to be close to sirus than far away. that actually goes for most bosses in poe

and yeah just having good numbers on a build is a big part of success. every time there's a new broken meta build you see a whole new wave of people getting their first uber boss kills. makes sense given that a good build means you only have to survive a minute of a boss's mechanics versus surviving like 3 or 4 minutes

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I might have missed folks discussing it, but with Exilence likely shutting down soon, this site has a lot of similar functionality. It does some extra stuff too, but isn't quite as feature complete as Exilence in specifically wealth tracking. Especially if you're new, putting your currency, frag, and div tabs in can show you some surprising wealth. It also helps you prioritize easily when converting bubblegum to chaos. Sample_text, I think you could probably use this really well. Even if it only gets you 20c, that'll let you use some of totalnewbie's advice to seriously improve a few of your rare slots.

https://poestack.com/

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

whypick1 posted:

I'd say Eater is the closest to hit Uber Elder-level of quality. Maven's Punishment is too...punishing...for my tastes, kinda like Exarch's balls.

Yeah I'm not crazy about the taste of exarch's balls

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

^yeah the flask stuff is huge for making bossing meaningfully easier and it's always weird to me that it isn't emphasized more. some people mention switching flasks around for bossing, but I almost never see the harvest crafts mentioned, which is wild because 100 more life flask charges makes the fights so, so much less stressful

When first getting into harder pinnacle bosses I try to have a few flasks in my stash, some instant divines that have +100 charges or forbidden taste if I got good chaos resist, also poison cleanse and burn cleanse for harder maps with conq poison guy and elder burn guy.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm all adrenaline juiced up and can't sleep. Whoever said "41 is too old", I'm older than you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Couple questions now that I have 3 voidstones:
1) For the Celestial Compass challenge, I have charged compasses I've been saving for 3 of those mods, but getting above 80% item quantity out of the gate isn't a given. Can I do that while I'm in the map with altars or does it have to be 80%+ going in? I don't think I've ever seen a map with 80% item quantity going in even corrupted.

2) Awakened Atlas challenge. I have 125/132. WTF am I missing? I've done all of the atlas maps. Pinnacle bosses don't seem to count (bummed I didn't get a point for uber elder).

3) Oh poo poo! I can run crimson temple now which will make the EoW a lot less annoying to run I guess. This wasn't a question.

4) How the gently caress do you do either of these:
-Apply six or more Support Gem effects to a socketed Skill Gem at once (max 6 slots means 5 applied so. ???)
-Have a socketed Skill Gem reach at least level 26 or 50% quality (This does not seem possible. Both seem silly)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

1. Sounds like you're not Chiseling first. 80% quant on a 20% quality map is a piece of cake.
2. Unique maps. Or you completed a map but didn't get the bonus for it.
3. That's not a question
4a. Items like this one
4b. Vaal implicits / Empower / Enhance

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

An easy way to do #4 is to buy a bitterdream and throw some random gem in it, and then throw the bitterdream on the floor.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

1. Sounds like you're not Chiseling first. 80% quant on a 20% quality map is a piece of cake.
No, I am. I think I was looking at quality not quantity. I'll look in the morning.

quote:

2. Unique maps. Or you completed a map but didn't get the bonus for it.

I'll have to go look but it's not unique maps. I've got the "whatever realms" challenge complete that requires all of the atlas uniques. It's going to be funny as hell if I just missed requirements on yellow maps or something.

quote:

3. That's not a question

:hmmyes:

quote:

4a. Items like this one
4b. Vaal implicits / Empower / Enhance

Neat. I'll go check and see if I already have one and if not, they're dirt cheap even on PS4.

Thanks!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

For maps, you can definitely get 100% quant by just chiseling up and chaos spamming. Just make sure it is a T16 for the challenge otherwise you'll have burnt sextant charges for nothing, which is something I totally didn't inadvertently do :ninja:

You can be a giga-chad and get *both* the level 26 and 50% gem quality challenge with this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

For maps, you can definitely get 100% quant by just chiseling up and chaos spamming. Just make sure it is a T16 for the challenge otherwise you'll have burnt sextant charges for nothing, which is something I totally didn't inadvertently do :ninja:

You can be a giga-chad and get *both* the level 26 and 50% gem quality challenge with this.

I just bought this thing but hilariously, I don't have any level 21 gems. I'll either spam corrupt or buy one in the morning. In my 4 Alva gem corrupting attempts I've gotten:
-1 level
-same level, -3 quality
-7 quality (???)
-no change

E: Wait no, the thing I'm missing is "Apply six or more Support Gem effects to a socketed Skill Gem at once" which that helmet won't do. I'll grab the bitterdream thing in the morning.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 15, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sample_text posted:

Scion : https://pobb.in/WQUPsFOi0Za2

Witch: https://pobb.in/NBrNpy7gHDud

EDIT : Scion has max resists, not what it says in the POB.

Now looking at your Witch:

Ah, Enki's Arc Elementalist. In case this wasn't explained to you already, unfortunately it's a great build for explaining what you're doing, why you're doing it and where you're going with it, but it kinda sucks at actually dealing damage in TYOOL 2023 (he's hidden the video and the forum thread says "not a good idea, going Hiero next league"). That being said:

*Your Immortal Call is overleveled for CwDT
*Your gear is a decent start, bunch of life + resists is almost never a bad thing (which you need because Annihilating Light). The jewel in your belt could be way better though, all res + lightning res would get you fully res capped (but you have no reduced curse effect so it's precariously capped).
*Copy my earlier comment about your flasks and paste it here. Additional note: those Medic's mods aren't doing all that much since you only have 14% crit chance with your Diamond flask one (and thanks to Choir of the Storm + Elemental Overload, increasing your crit chance actually decreases your DPS). If you're going to keep that Medic's Diamond, at least visit Einhar and put a suffix on there ffs. Also, having an Amethyst on hand if you know you're going to be dealing with a bunch of chaos damage would not be a bad idea.
*Copy/paste earlier comment about ailment immunities (or lack thereof) as well.
*You have no source of lightning exposure at all. Read the description for Mastermind of Discord again. Throw Lesser Eldritch Ichors at your gloves until you get that mod and see your DPS go up 20%.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

Maven is pretty good

Sirus is not

Eater is fine and I'd argue pretty good, Exarch is .... interesting but the ball phase is a real pain and while it's fun when you can do it well it's just a total brick when you can't

Sirus is a pain to learn but it's super fair once you do (sans the various historical bugs like butt lasers and invisible mazes). Uber Sirus is a fucker and I've never gotten him on farm in HC.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Congrats on the UE kill!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve have good luck just buying fractured mods and slamming them with essences. You can get gear way better than floor gear that way

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Captain Foo posted:

Congrats on the UE kill!

Thank you!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
my money is on you killing maven first try btw. just watch a video of the fight, don't get hit by the balls she shoots, use the cold flask again and play it fairly safe in the first half of the fight so you have the portals to eat a memory game or two if you have to.

imo maven is quite a bit easier at first than UE, but that's a heavily subjective opinion. maven is still plenty dangerous, but not having to keep track of two bosses is big

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 15, 2023

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

my money is on you killing maven first try btw. just watch a video of the fight, don't get hit by the balls she shoots, use the cold flask again and play it fairly safe in the first half of the fight so you have the portals to eat a memory game or two if you have to.

imo maven is quite a bit easier at first than UE, but that's a heavily subjective opinion. maven is still plenty dangerous, but not having to keep track of two bosses is big

I nearly got Maven on my first try and I'm terrible at this game('s boss fights) so I'm pretty confident in Frank Frank here. But yeah, def watch a video first.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Sirus is a pain to learn but it's super fair once you do (sans the various historical bugs like butt lasers and invisible mazes). Uber Sirus is a fucker and I've never gotten him on farm in HC.

The only thing that worked for me in hc was enough durability to eat everything but the meteor, and slowly chipping away at him from outside the degen puddle zone over 15-20 minutes per fight. So, not even remotely worth the time/risk. Uber maven is faster and safer and her drops are more valuable.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Re: the awakened atlas challenge - I just took a look at my atlas and all maps are completed. I bet it's the Maven invitations that I need.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
On PC you can just type /atlaspassives to see what you are missing. Does that work on PlayStation?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Re: the awakened atlas challenge - I just took a look at my atlas and all maps are completed. I bet it's the Maven invitations that I need.

Yeah, it's most likely the special Maven invites. Also beating Maven herself gets you an atlas point.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Eezee posted:

On PC you can just type /atlaspassives to see what you are missing. Does that work on PlayStation?

No. If there's a command to check it, I don't know what it is.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Is there a way you can select the "###/132" at the bottom of the Atlas Tree? That should give you a breakdown:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Frank Frank posted:

I'm not sure if it *works* but on Xbox you can open up the chat window somehow, is there a similar thing?

I do see people chatting, presumably using keyboards

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2880613

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

whypick1 posted:

Scion
0. Assuming your edit means that you helped Alira: Configuration --> General --> Bandit Quest --> Help Alira.
1. What auras are you actually running? Because it currently says you're reserving 125% of your mana, which is definitely not possible.
2. Faster Casting isn't really doing much in your Brand setup.
3. Why is Flame Dash linked to Controlled Destruction? If anything, Faster Casting should go here.
4. You know you can level gems in your alternate weapon set, right? That 2nd Exsang and the Enhance are taking up valuable real estate atm.
5. Do you have your amulet for the attributes? Because as it's currently setup the Eater is dominant on that item and you have very little crit, so Malignant Madness isn't going to proc very often (also the implicits aren't doing a drat thing for your build). If you just need the attributes, get an Astramentis. If you do want the buffed Culling Strike mod, throw Lesser Ichors at it until you get either Spell Suppression, Skill Effect Duration or Spell Damage. Then throw Greater Embers at it until you get Physical DoT or global Physical damage.

I'll look at this more in a bit.
0. Yes
1. Malevolence Determination Vitality War Banner. 46 mana remaining
2. It's not responsive enough. It's a qol thing for me
3. Temporary. It used to be in Exsanguinate, but I swapped it out since Exsanguinate is painfully slow to cast. Will see if i can replace another support gem, but I want faster casting for it to feel good
4. I don't know what to do with leveled up skill gems.
5. Replaced my amulet with one that gives +1 to phys gems.

I neglected this character while I was gearing up my Witch. I am dirt broke and will need to farm more chaos to upgrade my gear, which is what I'm currently working on.
My order is gloves --> helm, rings, body last since it's the most expensive.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Oh this is neat!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Just spec harvest and farm yellow juice. The price right now is wild.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sample_text posted:

4. I don't know what to do with leveled up skill gems.

Two most common things are:

1. Vendor level 20 skill gem + 1 Gemcutter's Prism for the level 1, 20% quality version of that gem. Then you level that up again. (Although at this point in the league you can get 20gcp for ~10c, so not as worth it to do this).
2. Level up a bunch of your primary damage dealer, use them in Doryani's Institute (see discussion over the last few pages) to try to get level 21 + Vaal (if applicable) version.

That latter one might be relevant to you. Your PoB says you have a level 2 Enhance. Not sure what it's doing in your setup, but look at how much an uncorrupted level 3 goes for...then compare that to a level 4 (conversely, if you miss you're not getting much in return). You are much more likely to get +1 if you double corrupt it in Temple vs. just throwing a Vaal Orb at it.

totalnewbie posted:

Just spec harvest and farm yellow juice. The price right now is wild.

What the actual gently caress?!?!? It was ~9k/div when I was finished with the league :psyduck:

OP: seriously, do what he says. Farm yellow juice, get paid.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 15, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yellow goo is like 6100 / div on console. I was farming it for a while but it’s so goddamned boring

I’ve switched to crimson temple running and am enjoying it a lot more than endless beach/jungle valley.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm very amused that the path of exile subreddit is still private

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Einwand posted:

An easy way to do #4 is to buy a bitterdream and throw some random gem in it, and then throw the bitterdream on the floor.

Stress on the throw it on the ground. Selling it just makes it worse because now you have a bunch of lovely gems

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Oh yeah, Sirus is a fair fight it's just boring and annoying to get to the last phase which is "fine" but even then they lean on invulnerability phases too much to make it good. Even the corridor phase is a soft invulnerability phase because he has some pretty decent built-in damage reduction during that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

External Organs posted:

I'm very amused that the path of exile subreddit is still private

Aren't they all still private because of the API fiasco or did Reddit walk that back?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Frank Frank posted:

Aren't they all still private because of the API fiasco or did Reddit walk that back?

lots of the reddit subforums that went private are open again, because they had no escalation plan for leadership simply "not giving a poo poo." thus ever goes online collective action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No they seem to be going beyond 2 days Because the Reddit ceo was reported saying the 2 days was stupid and pointless

Afaict