Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Undead Hippo posted:

The first two Red Dwarf novels are great.

All I can remember of the Red Dwarf novels is Rimmer somehow getting stuck in the body of a busty woman and having to deal with his big boobs, being sexually harassed and eventually pimped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

All I can remember of the Red Dwarf novels is Rimmer somehow getting stuck in the body of a busty woman and having to deal with his big boobs and being sexually harassed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Poor Boris doesn't seem to be very happy about finally seeing consequences for his actions

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That's a shock, he normally takes setbacks with such poise and grace.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He committed the worst crime in britlaw, running the country according to whatever he personally found most amusing/entertaining/fuckable at that moment in time rather than the long term interests of landowners and hat nonces.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Oh dear me posted:

No! She was Debbie Aldridge. Is, I should say, but Debbie is abroad somewhere nearly all the time.

June Spencer 104th birthday yesterday, she only retired her (and peggy) last year.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
It just feels incredibly hard to believe that there will be genuine long-term consequences here - as opposed to Boris taking his turn in the dunce's corner for a year or two, then briefing an enthusiastic press and his allies that "the time is right for a return to frontbench politics" and returning with a flourish as if nothing ever happened.

Sure, Kevin Maguire can roar today that Johnson has ruined his career and condemned himself to eternal disgrace - but nothing's eternal in UK politics, and everything is performative.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

smellmycheese posted:

Appears he got off lightly. The SNP wanted to dynamite him

SNP finally getting real :jihad:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
So Dorries starts kicking off before resigning properly which means her by-election will not take place for 90 days or more and guess who is suspended 90 days. This is his grand plan for standing as MP again in her constituency.
Prove me wrong ;)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

grobbo posted:

It just feels incredibly hard to believe that there will be genuine long-term consequences here - as opposed to Boris taking his turn in the dunce's corner for a year or two, then briefing an enthusiastic press and his allies that "the time is right for a return to frontbench politics" and returning with a flourish as if nothing ever happened.

Sure, Kevin Maguire can roar today that Johnson has ruined his career and condemned himself to eternal disgrace - but nothing's eternal in UK politics, and everything is performative.

if the economist mark blyth is to believed, johnson’s really struggling on the speaking circuit now and lucky to get >£100,000 per speech, whereas the going rate for a PM should be >200,000 (blair is an outlier and get much much more)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This is his grand plan for standing as MP again in her constituency.
Going to assume this is a euphemism for the only thing that he actually cares about.

Jel Shaker posted:

blair is an outlier
He finally admitted it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

grobbo posted:

Well one benefit of this is that Sunak currently controls who can stand in which seat, and Johnson is almost guaranteed to lose his seat in Uxbridge and Ruislip, so he had planned to migrate to a safe seat for the 2024 election (or thereafter).

As long as part of the gently caress-boris faction are in charge he's basically locked out of being a Tory MP.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So Dorries starts kicking off before resigning properly which means her by-election will not take place for 90 days or more and guess who is suspended 90 days. This is his grand plan for standing as MP again in her constituency.
Prove me wrong ;)

There was talk of two or three more resigning, but waiting to trail it out, so there's by-elections in the news constantly.
So yeah, you could be right about this.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
dall.e, draw me a reprobate uncle attempting to return to the family christmas dinner table after excusing himself for 'some fresh air' and obviously doing sex stuff in your coal shed, in the style of a british newspaper photograph

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Incredible nugget of testimony in the Boz report

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Well one benefit of this is that Sunak currently controls who can stand in which seat, and Johnson is almost guaranteed to lose his seat in Uxbridge and Ruislip, so he had planned to migrate to a safe seat for the 2024 election (or thereafter).

As long as part of the gently caress-boris faction are in charge he's basically locked out of being a Tory MP.

Or that gives Dorres a 90 day clock to launch a hostile takeover of the Conservative party before she resigns to allow a glorious 10,000 reign by Boris.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Wow Boris has went full Trump in his response. Bigly sad.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's a bit mad that Bloody Stupid got COVID right at the start of the pandemic, went to the ICU, and then learned absolutely nothing and instituted a mandatory weekly office pissup. That's powerful Oaf Energy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Carol's run the numbers and she's seen enough

https://twitter.com/carolvorders/status/1669255918872059909?t=0KhfgdYstx9YNG2c1PP1ng&s=19

Wrap it up, Conservailures

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a bit mad that Bloody Stupid got COVID right at the start of the pandemic, went to the ICU, and then learned absolutely nothing and instituted a mandatory weekly office pissup. That's powerful Oaf Energy
Powerful oeuf energy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Your niche image-finding skills continue to terrify

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean he wasn't scared of the virus until he caught it, then they pumped him full of a cocktail of chemicals that made him feel invincible. That means the only person he cares about is now immune and knows that even if he catches it again somehow they can give him the special cocktail that the poors aren't allowed.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Powerful oeuf energy.

Boris paints wine boxes doesn't he.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Please don't compare Boris to BS Johnson. BS at least managed to complete many projects, and his chief failing was an inability to comprehend scale.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Boris paints wine boxes doesn't he.

I see I'm not the only one who thinks about that when I see that ambulance.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tesseraction posted:

I see I'm not the only one who thinks about that when I see that ambulance.

Apparently a child made it as a tribute to BloJo though I actually wouldn't put it past him to have done it himself a pretend a child did it.

(Yes I was saddo enough to image search - but it's in a Reach publication so I shan't inflict that upon the thread).

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It's a shame they didn't manage to go full Masque of the Red Death during partygate. In Minecraft.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

That chill and lime fudge has a kick.

Strawberry milkshake a bit too sweet for me.

Will report on others as I try them

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

I mean he wasn't scared of the virus until he caught it, then they pumped him full of a cocktail of chemicals that made him feel invincible. That means the only person he cares about is now immune and knows that even if he catches it again somehow they can give him the special cocktail that the poors aren't allowed.
I have a pet theory that both he and Trump were put on Prednisolone as part of their treatment, and both have solidly refused to come off it.

I had a chest infection way before covid and was on the stuff for 2 weeks, and felt incredible. I also felt like my heart was going to explode, and was reliably informed that it probably would if I stayed on it too long, but gently caress me I had energy, motivation and drive I haven't had since I was a teenager.

If either of those two blazing narcissists even got a whiff of it, I can't see them giving it up willingly (especially Trump), and they're both rich enough to afford the kind of doctors who'll find an excuse to keep giving it to them even if it kills them.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Dead Goon posted:

Linehan is only involved in the first series, iirc.

Don't say his name out loud. Or he may appear.

I'm actually a little surprised he's never tried to make an account here. when he got banned from twitter he started popping up everywhere desperate for people to pay attention to him.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Probably couldn't afford the :10bux: after alimony. I assume the amount you have to pay is proportional to how much divorced energy you give off.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Please don't compare Boris to BS Johnson. BS at least managed to complete many projects, and his chief failing was an inability to comprehend scale.

Arguably Boris has completed many projects - the impregnation of women, and then subsequently shunning them and his disgusting offspring being the entire project.

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm actually a little surprised he's never tried to make an account here. when he got banned from twitter he started popping up everywhere desperate for people to pay attention to him.

I see you're not a Pissflaps=Glinner truther then

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

A man of taste & dedication for sure.

Pterry. :)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jesus loving Christ.

https://twitter.com/BennnyH/status/1669285327737847812?t=exFpZyc9ZeJufZ5tQgMXhQ&s=19

System working as intended.

Rishi frantically taking notes.

gently caress all of this

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Lol pissflaps was just a massive centrist and fence sitter.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ah but you see it's fine because that boat wasn't small

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol pissflaps was just a massive centrist and fence sitter.

A engaging, high impact centrist fence sitter!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Got banned from twitter for being gross about trans people's genitals though, so a centrist in the same family as the glincels.

Failed Imagineer posted:

System working as intended.

quote:

Alarm Phone, an emergency helpline for migrants in trouble at sea, complained that the coastguard was "aware of the ship being in distress for hours before any help was sent", adding that authorities "had been informed by different sources" that the boat was in trouble.

It added that people may have been scared to encounter Greek authorities because they were aware of the country's "horrible and systematic pushback practices".

gently caress.

I always used to think it was bizarre and a sickness of the Anglo classical liberal mind that the UK coastguard are mostly just boat paperwork and anti-smuggling cops and the lifeboat people are a private charity funded by yacht clubs and collection boxes on the counter of Cromer chippies, but the RNLI would probably be a lot worse if they were tied to the Home Office.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Your niche image-finding skills continue to terrify

My theory is Guavanaut works at a stock images company. It's his job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Green Wing is excellent.

It has a dreamy kind of ambience that reminds me of Jam in places.