Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Austin Reaves, I am getting a bag, I am famous enough to be in Taylor Swift dating rumors but no one outside of LA and NBA Twitter cares about me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Patty mills seems like a really happy guy

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

verbal enema posted:

if you could be any non superstar/ star in basketball who would you want to be

mine is lamar stevens cuz i think itd be easy for him to also become a mid tier wrestler

Anyone 6'4" or under with no injury history, has video evidence of dunking in a game, and 50m or more earnings , younger the better

Over 6'4" gotta figure you're in for a lifetime of injury issues and not fitting into normal person places

Austin Reaves is a real good choice

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 15, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

trevorreznik posted:

Anyone 6'4" or under with no injury history, has video evidence of dunking in a game, and 50m or more earnings

Over 6'4" gotta figure you're in for a lifetime of injury issues and not fitting into normal person places

Austin Reaves is a real good choice

drat thats a much better choice idea than mine

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I'd be Desmond Bane because I'd score a lot of points and play good defense and in the anime wars of 2025 I will fit in a mech due to my arm'[s not being too long.

smart

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1669148277315448833?s=20

Who would you guys want for the last 3 spots?

Trying to be realistic: Myles Turner, Cam Johnson, Darius Garland

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Known Euro-Intimidator Bobby Portis

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

jackofarcades posted:

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1669148277315448833?s=20

Who would you guys want for the last 3 spots?

Trying to be realistic: Myles Turner, Cam Johnson, Darius Garland

Let an out of shape Melo retire with Team USA.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Calidus posted:

Austin Reaves, I am getting a bag, I am famous enough to be in Taylor Swift dating rumors but no one outside of LA and NBA Twitter cares about me.

That’s awesome and all but I gotta admit, I am not who you think I am

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

verbal enema posted:

if you could be any non superstar/ star in basketball who would you want to be

mine is lamar stevens cuz i think itd be easy for him to also become a mid tier wrestler

Sorting by contract value, Bradley Beal and Zach Lavine seem like the best choices. If they're too star-ish, I'd work my way down to Darius Garland.

SGA would be a great pick, because on top of getting one big contract, he has superstar level talent, but only die-hard NBA fans are aware of his existence.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/MilesBridges/status/1669124733156364288

Yay I guess

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yep yep, just took a little vacation, got away. Gap year. Nothing to think too hard on.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

rjmccall posted:

???

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

rjmccall posted:

...Taylor?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's consenus right now that Amen thompson is an elite athlete and will be top 5ish coming into the league.
This leads me to the question, who are the other four guys? I can think of Anthony Edwards, then I'm not sure.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ja?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That's a good call

so like Ant, Ja, maybe healthy Zion, and Giannis, Or swap someone for Shaedon ?

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 15, 2023

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

rjmccall posted:

are you saying you're alex caruso

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1669176041888436224?s=20

In a league of people trying to be cool from the cul-de-sacs we have one man effortless in proving he does not care at all about this thing he us the greatest at. Just horse.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

much like KG went overboard to prove to everyone how intense he is, Jokic is going overboard to show how little he gives a poo poo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lid posted:

In a league of people trying to be cool from the cul-de-sacs we have one man effortless in proving he does not care at all about this thing he us the greatest at. Just horse.

How dare they [brackets] out Sparky

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Nikola Jokić had the most turnovers this postseason with 70. Only nine other players had more than his 3.5 turnovers per game. His 12.8% turnover percentage this postseason was 9th among 19 qualifying centers.

I'm just saying there are areas he can improve.

:horse:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BWV posted:

Doesn't this happen with Beal every year? They say he wants out or that they are done with him and then next thing you know he has a new big deal and the Wizards are locked into another 10th seed.

Not quite, but they have a whole new front office that may have finally convinced Ted to blow it up

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Ghost Dog posted:

for your all star i would like to trade several of the worst players in the league but fear not. i wrote 1st next to their names so its like getting a draft pick

Lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lid posted:

Someone check the nearest Longhorn Steakhouse

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's a good call

so like Ant, Ja, maybe healthy Zion, and Giannis, Or swap someone for Shaedon ?

Wiggins is still athletic as hell. Aaron Gordon just showed some iron man + athleticism.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone check the nearest Longhorn Steakhouse

Hahaha.

These feel like things that don't just get misplaced, but...

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
i have to say it was wild when aaron gordon was getting the draymond sag lol, dude can shoot

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Veryslightlymad posted:

Hahaha.

These feel like things that don't just get misplaced, but...

Denver's WhyteRyce equivalent got the score of a lifetime.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I promised some friends I'd start following the Wiz if they actually blew it up and I'm getting very nervous

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/spacesgrizzlies/status/1669119680378728451?s=46

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/legionhoops/status/1669331380789215235

Maybe he can make this a WWE style shtick and do this every year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

man that is an unbelievably weird way for a coach to act about a current all time player

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
sore winner

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mike Malone is extremely petty. He still poo poo talked Vivek and his 4-on-5 stuff this very season. It's awesome

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

also being Da Epic Pwnage coach seems a risky move when every coach is perpetually 2 years away from getting fired

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It was just a couple of months ago some were saying Malone was a second round knockout away from being fired

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/1669378468419600391?t=-h1hyKocH47vBLTBdWacDQ&s=19

Feels like the Finals MVP's apparent disinterest undermines this argument.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ghost Dog posted:

also being Da Epic Pwnage coach seems a risky move when every coach is perpetually 2 years away from getting fired

It's really not particularly risky. He's not even like bragging about how great he is Ala Nick Nurse, he's just making fun of poo poo that like literally everyone else was also making fun of.

He might get fired in a year, but that doesn't like negate anything he said about this team this year.

Everyone should be encouraged to talk poo poo. It makes things more fun.

Lebron will be fine getting ribbed a bit, he can go home and hug his millions.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ghost Dog posted:

If you're going to get fired regardless, might as well have fun with it while it lasts.