Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Guavanaut posted:

Got banned from twitter for being gross about trans people's genitals though, so a centrist in the same family as the glincels.

Lol did he? Was he "just asking questions"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dead Goon posted:

Green Wing is excellent.

It has a dreamy kind of ambience that reminds me of Jam in places.

Michelle Gomez elevates everything she's in.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Guavanaut posted:

He finally admitted it?

I chuckled

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have a pet theory that both he and Trump were put on Prednisolone as part of their treatment, and both have solidly refused to come off it.

I had a chest infection way before covid and was on the stuff for 2 weeks, and felt incredible. I also felt like my heart was going to explode, and was reliably informed that it probably would if I stayed on it too long, but gently caress me I had energy, motivation and drive I haven't had since I was a teenager.

If either of those two blazing narcissists even got a whiff of it, I can't see them giving it up willingly (especially Trump), and they're both rich enough to afford the kind of doctors who'll find an excuse to keep giving it to them even if it kills them.

Trump was definitely pumped full of something because after he got out of the hospital he started acting and talking even more unhinged than he already was, like at the first rally afterwards he started talking about how he was gonna go down into the crowd and kiss all the men on the lips even though he won't enjoy it as much as the women.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Trump was definitely pumped full of something because after he got out of the hospital he started acting and talking even more unhinged than he already was, like at the first rally afterwards he started talking about how he was gonna go down into the crowd and kiss all the men on the lips even though he won't enjoy it as much as the women.

he wanted to walk out of the hospital and rip off his shirt to reveal a superman outfit

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

We missed out on the funniest timeline.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Skull Servant posted:

We missed out on the funniest timeline.

Still a chance Boris' getting his own show on GB News.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dead Goon posted:

Green Wing is excellent.

It has a dreamy kind of ambience that reminds me of Jam in places.

The scene transitions with speeding/slowing and blurring footage are brilliant for this, along with the soundtrack.

And also I think the fact that it's a hospital-based show with approximately zero patient interaction helps build that surreal atmosphere too.

e: looks like it's all on YouTube if you don't want to deal with the adverts on Channel 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7v2aHUPp14

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 15, 2023

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I missed comedy chat, did anyone mention Look Around You yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi-Up8Xuh9c

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Convex posted:

I missed comedy chat, did anyone mention Look Around You yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi-Up8Xuh9c

Love it.
Im of that age where the Open University was on BBC2 most mornings, and they parodied it well in series 1.
Then they parodied Tomorrow's World for series 2.
I love their alternate surreal universe, wish there was more about it.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
I know it was extremly short lived, but I can't be the only person who remembers Jam.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

KayTee posted:

I know it was extremly short lived, but I can't be the only person who remembers Jam.

There were three series of it on Radio 1 as well. I thought the audio version worked much better and tbh half the TV show was just the radio version anyway

Also it had the newsbeat bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECNNEQUql8

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Only skit I remember from jam is Killroy - Silk running around naked in a shopping centre.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

KayTee posted:

pretty sure the goon who mentioned it on the previous page remembers it too

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I bought the DVD of JAM in university. I loved, and still love he work from that era - I've only just finished listening to all of On The Hour again in the shower. I also saw The Day Today when I was a child, not knowing it was parody, and thought that homeless people were really being clamped (tory manifesto 2024 pledge).

UKMT Summer 2023 - What you mustn't do in politics is listen to people

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol did he? Was he "just asking questions"

I saw flaps' twitter after his SA ban (but before his twitter ban) and he had gone full-on mask-off transphobe. iirc in the Pissflexit Referendum someone dug up some "banter" he had done about trans people in the football forum so yeah I think he was always like that but valued his access to corbynistas to troll too much to get banned about it

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah I remember Jam, good poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0Ocau-CUg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Powerful oeuf energy.

given that bizarre interview where he talked about enjoying painting cardboard buses in his spare time, i get a tickle out of thinking Boris made that himself

hehe other forums posters thought this too and that gives me an additional warm feeling!!!! :)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I bought the DVD of JAM in university. I loved, and still love he work from that era - I've only just finished listening to all of On The Hour again in the shower. I also saw The Day Today when I was a child, not knowing it was parody, and thought that homeless people were really being clamped (tory manifesto 2024 pledge).
I bought the DVD of Jam not having any idea what it was, I just liked the very understated box that revealed nothing at all about the contents. I had a proper "what the gently caress" moment when I watched it, great stuff.

Have actually just recently rewatched Jam with my partner who'd not seen it, as well as Coupling (which I'd not seen). Some of the writing in that is very clever, even if there is a lot of unsurprisingly stereotypical "guys are like this, girls are like this" stuff.

Now a comedy series I'd like to find a proper DVD / stream of is The Mark Thomas Comedy Product, that was definitely a good early influence.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Did anyone else ever confirm the existence of boris' cardboard buses or was it just to get his bus scandal off of google

Why isnt every journalist tracking down all possible leads for this important question

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh it was transparently bullshit.

Speaking of that disingenuous fucker:

https://twitter.com/singharj/status/1669296374121132032

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just lol if the Conservative Party splits in two over one of the lesser offensive things that the casually racist tub of custard ever did.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Reading a BBC News article and uh

quote:

They added, from reading the Tory MP WhatsApp groups and public statements in recent days, that Boris Johnson has only a shrivelled rump of parliamentary support.

a :what:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
UKMT Summer 2023 - Boris Leaving Party Tonight 8pm BYOB special singing guest Nadine Dorries

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Convex posted:

Reading a BBC News article and uh

a :what:

You should be more creative about the line breaks imo:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

You should be more creative about the line breaks imo:

:agreed:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You curr, you wretched peasant, thou hath only a shrivelled rump.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the shrivelled rump parliament says he

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014
Fudge has arrived, is excellent

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
good series of posts that, like a greek chorus

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Summer is here and the Tree Shaggers are among us

https://twitter.com/walesonline/status/1669286191307317249?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RIP to former Labour MP Glenda Jackson, who sadly has been outlived by her wretched child. A very talented actor (if you've never seen her in Marat/Sade as Marat's murderer Charlotte Corday) with a career stretching decades, & before getting into the HoC she supported the Anti-Nazi League, Shelter & other good causes. As an MP she was a staunch critic of Thatcher, & later of Blair, her speech in "tribute" to Thatcher's death is extremely good: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/apr/11/glenda-jackson-margaret-thatcher-video

And yet through all this, she gave the world Dan Hodges,. What is it with the left & their melty children?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

RIP to former Labour MP Glenda Jackson, who sadly has been outlived by her wretched child. A very talented actor (if you've never seen her in Marat/Sade as Marat's murderer Charlotte Corday) with a career stretching decades, & before getting into the HoC she supported the Anti-Nazi League, Shelter & other good causes. As an MP she was a staunch critic of Thatcher, & later of Blair, her speech in "tribute" to Thatcher's death is extremely good: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/apr/11/glenda-jackson-margaret-thatcher-video

And yet through all this, she gave the world Dan Hodges,. What is it with the left & their melty children?

The funniest thing is that Dan Hodges wrote a piece castigating her for her speech about Thatcher.
Because of course he would, because he's a prick.
Also, kept her locked in his basement during Covid.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
One night you awaken, in a cold sweat to the sound of footsteps.
As you clamber upright, you stumble into the darkness and open the door in front of you.
A hooded figure solemnly stands in place before you.
Stepping forward, you see the pale twilight illuminate the outline of a face.
It whispers, "I give you choices two", beckoning to two towering doors in the far distance, each measuring at least 30ft high.
Nothing else can be seen.
You trip and fall into a blackened liquid, ankle deep.
When you right yourself, the figure is gone.
You trudge forward through the thick, treacley blackness, for what feels like hours.
Eventually, you pull open the first, massive, door.
Inside is a dining table with many occupants.
You narrow your eyes and look closer.
Dan Hodges.
You recognise these people.
Giles Coren.
You know them.
James O'Brien.
David Baddiel.
You've seen them somewhere before.
Kier Starmer.
Before you know it, you've been pushing the door so tightly back shut that you're almost down to your elbows in the morass.
They can't have seen you.
You can still leave.
You can still try the other door.
It's a long way, and you're tired, but it can't be worse.
You fall again.
You get up again.
You somehow get to the other door.
You open the door.
A hooded figure solemnly stands in place before you.
Stepping forward, you see the pale twilight illuminate the outline of a face.
It whispers, "I give you choices two"

Convex fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 15, 2023

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jel Shaker posted:

if the economist mark blyth is to believed, johnson’s really struggling on the speaking circuit now and lucky to get >£100,000 per speech, whereas the going rate for a PM should be >200,000 (blair is an outlier and get much much more)

This isn’t correct. I know for an absolute fact he’s getting a lot more, but I can’t say more.

VV Letting any Tory ex-MP near a child’s party should be a crime.

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 15, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Red Oktober posted:

This isn’t correct. I know for an absolute fact he’s getting a lot more, but I can’t say more.

How much are you paying him to attend your child's birthday & don't you know that most other clowns cost a fraction of that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it considered inauspicious if you have been at a job a week and already want to kill your boss and/or yourself?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OwlFancier posted:

Is it considered inauspicious if you have been at a job a week and already want to kill your boss and/or yourself?

Sorry to hear about your new job at my old workplace.

No it is not a good sign. Keep looking for other jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Did you walk in on your first day to find it was actually GB News?