Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

KORNOLOGY posted:

The Entire Career of Gene Roddenberry

what about it was political?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the guy in the infamous ‘crying Indian’ environmentalist PSA was a genuinely deranged white man who had started pretending to be Native to advance his acting career, but eventually convinced himself it was actually true, to the point that he spoke Navajo almost exclusively and lived on the reservation, despite not having a drop of actual indigenous ancestry

The famed ‘Cherokee’ writer who wrote The Education of Little Tree, which my full-blood grandmother absolutely loves, was also a white Pretendian, except in his case he was an actual Klansman and former segregationist politician whose race faking was part of a scheme to fake his own death and reinvent himself

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
in 1993, the producers of star trek: voyager hired a "native american cultural consultant" who was in fact a white dude who made up whatever bullshit sounded cool

dude had been exposed by actual natives in the 80s. however, the mainstream media didn't notice or care, and kept funneling him money and praise forever. he died in 2001, to a flurry of "noted Blackfoot author dies" obits in the big papers

lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Javid posted:

in 1993, the producers of star trek: voyager hired a "native american cultural consultant" who was in fact a white dude who made up whatever bullshit sounded cool

dude had been exposed by actual natives in the 80s. however, the mainstream media didn't notice or care, and kept funneling him money and praise forever. he died in 2001, to a flurry of "noted Blackfoot author dies" obits in the big papers

lol

Akoocheemoya

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

J stew predicted cspam

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Futanari Damacy posted:

It doesn't help that it's in sharpie vs. the other signatures signed in normal pen on the same document

I looked it up and it’s been getting more jagged over time

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"Hmm, better sign my own resignation notice."

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

this is just an effect of going from a job where you sign your name once in a while to a job where your core responsibility is "sign your name on documents all day"

check out the signatures on baseball card of rookies vs their autos on their cards 5 years later

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

this is just an effect of going from a job where you sign your name once in a while to a job where your core responsibility is "sign your name on documents all day"

check out the signatures on baseball card of rookies vs their autos on their cards 5 years later

Lets get really normal imo

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Shrecknet posted:

Maybe, that’s what it looks like is happeneing for Nixon but the Trump progression seems like it would involve more effort to do the jagged signature. Like you’d really have to grip the sharpie tight and jerk it back and forth … Maybe its a side effect of all the pseudoephedrine he was taking

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Probably posted before but this still makes me laugh

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

UKJeff posted:

Maybe, that’s what it looks like is happeneing for Nixon but the Trump progression seems like it would involve more effort to do the jagged signature. Like you’d really have to grip the sharpie tight and jerk it back and forth … Maybe its a side effect of all the pseudoephedrine he was taking

If you do all the moves excessively for the camera you'd end up more jagged, no?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
he probably saw a bunch of other presidents signatures on stuff in the whitehouse from like 200 years ago, couldn't read them, and thought that was the appropriate way to do a fancy signature

like there are far too many strokes in his last name there for it to actually say "trump", a 5 letter word

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

genericnick posted:

If you do all the moves excessively for the camera you'd end up more jagged, no?

Also when you're signing president things you have to use like 20 pens for merch reasons (itself a funny politics) and its easier to do tjat with straight lines

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

UKJeff posted:

Probably posted before but this still makes me laugh

Dannn Mnnmp

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

wait am i not supposed to just be doing unreadable squiggly lines vaguely in the shape of my name

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mister Bates posted:

the guy in the infamous ‘crying Indian’ environmentalist PSA was a genuinely deranged white man who had started pretending to be Native to advance his acting career, but eventually convinced himself it was actually true, to the point that he spoke Navajo almost exclusively and lived on the reservation, despite not having a drop of actual indigenous ancestry

The famed ‘Cherokee’ writer who wrote The Education of Little Tree, which my full-blood grandmother absolutely loves, was also a white Pretendian, except in his case he was an actual Klansman and former segregationist politician whose race faking was part of a scheme to fake his own death and reinvent himself

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:vince:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

"Hmm, better sign my own resignation notice."

lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
wide 4

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Ginsburg's PT doing push-ups at her coffin

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Skull Servant posted:

Ginsburg's coffin

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

host of well there's your problem turning into the joker when he found out rbg died

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
never saw this one before but lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunHybOKIjU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Mister Bates posted:

Iron Eyes Cody!

Canada had Grey Owl, who was eventually played in a movie starring Pierce Brosnan. It was made into a Canada Heritage Minute and it was pretty wild to see one of those with James Bond.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mister Bates posted:

the guy in the infamous ‘crying Indian’ environmentalist PSA was a genuinely deranged white man

He was Italian op.

Animal-Mother posted:

They literally do not want to think.

Religion told them "Here is the answer, adhere to this and you will never need to use your brain ever again. Follow this script and life will basically be on autopilot."

So some kids make a silly joke at the expense of their god and they are thrown into a fit of rage. "How dare you even suggest that I should use my brain? Don't you know this entire world belongs to me and my cult of a dead guy from 2000 years ago? No one has any right to activate my neurons, now I am driven toward basal violent instincts!"

OP society has moved on and we're saying things like this but about the wokesters.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Romney talking about absolutely gratuitous dog abuse as a relatable campaign anecdote

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Pasokification

It was funny and it was good.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
'please clap'

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

World Famous W posted:

'please clap'

JEB!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I love Michigan, the trees are all just the right height

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

I love the trees in Michigan, they're all the right height
four years later:

vyelkin posted:

I love Michigan, the trees are all just the right height
Mitt was such a weird guy, a mess of contradictions and impossibilities.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
The Romney Death Rally where no one could leave.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tfw the lemon wet is good

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

It connotes excitement

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The sad picture of Ron Paul in his campaign office

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Ron Paul having a stroke on his lovely livestream thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008