Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I did enjoy one Paladin taking on a 15 pilot cruiser gang and winning, then going back to reinforcing a JB solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I wish they’d have tweaked instead of removed the ewar resistance, and frankly wish they’d add some ewar resistance to everyone, scaling up as hull size increases. It’s kinda nonsense that one 1mil frig can have such an outsize impact on multiple larger ships.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Heard that one before

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I wish they’d have tweaked instead of removed the ewar resistance, and frankly wish they’d add some ewar resistance to everyone, scaling up as hull size increases. It’s kinda nonsense that one 1mil frig can have such an outsize impact on multiple larger ships.

TBH I quite enjoy that frigs actually have one tiny bit of utility in fleet combat besides just being meat for the grinder.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Potato Salad posted:

Heard that one before

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Frigates should be banned imo, just toxic gameplay ruining the experience for all the real players

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it's true, i am sir molle

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

It's kind of weird to me how many ships have EWAR resistance stats that are just 0%. It would make sense from a lore standpoint for, say, Gallente ships to be more resistant to sensor dampening as they get larger but more vulnerable to ECM.

E: And I mean like, it should not be the kind of thing that decides a fight, just like, you need an extra few damps on a Kronos to neuter it than a Vargur, but your little alpha-skilled Griffin doesn't struggle as much as it would.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 13, 2023

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Nah people turning up with a bunch of marauders and getting towel whipped by a bunch of alpha chars in T1 frigates is what keeps me going.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
put my first carrier in the oven, on the day that the cost of industry jobs went through the roof. I regret nothing :smuggo:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if i build it myself its free

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

That's the whole point of them though. They're supposed to be force multipliers. To get any use of them you also require some teamwork, since the ewar frigate on its own accomplishes nothing, and the same level of teamwork (have a frigate or drones swat it away) will defeat it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Counter Point: Vigil with a TP going into a C5 WH and finding someone running a site to spawn the drifter while they are clearing the sleepers.

Sure you can do that with anything but I have to defend the honour of the Vigil :colbert:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Looking back into EVE to restart my "resub for new patch, get bored picking at random contracts, get immediately overwhelmed after joining goonswarm, quit" cycle again for the new patch and apparently that second step is no longer an option. Jesus christ what a mess that sounds like.

Has anyone tried running EVE on a Steam Deck to any success? I was thinking of using the touchscreen as controls for some ratting and mining but I'm not sure if the UI gets completely borked.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Logged in last night to reset my three-day-touched PI planets and for almost an hour was flabbergasted by thinking someone stole half my launchpad(s) worth of materials on five planets on three accounts.

It took me selling all my commodities and getting the same-ish prices for “half” the amount before I remembered the commodity volume changes. Good expansion so far!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Feel that, I used to have to pick up my many planets worth of P1s twice a week because I couldn't do it all weekly but now I can. It does mean that my epithals will be bigger and more hilarious killmails when they do. Also threw another two carriers and a naglfar into the oven because gently caress it, why not

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

CuddleCryptid posted:

Looking back into EVE to restart my "resub for new patch, get bored picking at random contracts, get immediately overwhelmed after joining goonswarm, quit" cycle again for the new patch and apparently that second step is no longer an option. Jesus christ what a mess that sounds like.

Has anyone tried running EVE on a Steam Deck to any success? I was thinking of using the touchscreen as controls for some ratting and mining but I'm not sure if the UI gets completely borked.

I’ve seen people using it. I used EVE anywhere and ran EVE using UTM on my iPad Pro and I got to say touch is nice for quickly pressing some things, but EVE is terrible without a keyboard.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

No new XL structures in hisec, so the imperium is leaving the TTC agreement :v:

Hope you didn't have poo poo stored there.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Dang, gotta haul all my PLEX over to Jita in a badger.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Wibla posted:

:sickos:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Wibla posted:

please dont blow it up until july because i think i have a high grade amulet and crystal pod in there

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
this tbh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I just wonder how hard it's going to be defended

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I just wonder how hard that node is going to crash.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

please dont blow it up until july because i think i have a high grade amulet and crystal pod in there

my pod!!!

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Wibla posted:

Hmm, I wonder if this was leaked when they pushed that update with the marauders to Thunderdome.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Sooo time to dust off Burn Jita Permiter?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I am going to have to pay for a war dec else certain people who want to get on those killmails with polarized bombers will kidnap my dog.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

CuddleCryptid posted:

I've heard of people doing it, but Desktop mode may be the way to go. Our group does a lot of wormhole scanning, which means using an external website to track wormholes you've been in and pasting in scan signature information. Entirely possible, but with just a single screen it could get cumbersome.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dieting Hippo posted:

I've heard of people doing it, but Desktop mode may be the way to go. Our group does a lot of wormhole scanning, which means using an external website to track wormholes you've been in and pasting in scan signature information. Entirely possible, but with just a single screen it could get cumbersome.

Yeah, I've tried it out and it's okay for some things and a pain for others. Today I've used it to move long distances pretty easily since you just have to pull the trigger every time you jump a gate since the next gate in line is highlighted. Well, up until you get netted and vaporized because you weren't paying attention. I don't expect it to be my sole method of playing but if I'm just doing routine stuff then I can do it on the couch in handheld mode.

The touchpads are surprisingly easy to use but for small menuing it's a bit tricky, I wouldn't want to try and 360 noscope my way out of a tricky fight.

Now that I joined the Geese I guess I need to figure out how wormholes work too

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Dumb question but why do people keep expensive pods in highsec? Vacationing and don't want to risk losing them in offline NS stations?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Dumb question but why do people keep expensive pods in highsec? Vacationing and don't want to risk losing them in offline NS stations?

Yes.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Asher with the "hush child, the grown-ups are talking" moment.

quote:

Asher — 02/02/2023 5:39 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Looking at the state of the TTC it is not at all reflective of the current state of the game, therefore the following changes need to be implemented:

1. Hiring Blackflag routed TTC funds to a corp that wardecced only certain TTC members as a quid pro quo. This level of malfeasance is unacceptable. Vily must immediately step down and be replaced by an administrator that holds the confidence of all members.

2. To reflect the current realities of nullsec the TTT income needs to be split amongst the actual powers of the galaxy, in this manner:

Panfam and Imperium - equal cut, tier 1

WinterCo and B2- equal cut, tier 2

3. Test needs to be removed from the TTC. They are the equivalent of a trust fund baby getting money because their granddad did something of note. If Test is not removed the following ~135 alliances need to be added to the TTC as they all have more active participation than Test
@everyone

Baldur Kilgannon [TEST] — 02/02/2023 5:41 PM
@Asher no

Asher — 02/02/2023 5:43 PM
Sorry I meant to ping everyone but you, your vote isn't relevant to this discussion, please standby for the decision

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Epic chat logs Mittani :D MOAR TEARS unnnnnnggghhh!!!!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Asher posted:

They are the equivalent of a trust fund baby getting money because their granddad did something of note

I appreciate and applaud this reference!

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

andromache posted:

Asher with the "hush child, the grown-ups are talking" moment.

Replace TEST with GEESE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

All of TTC's high sec structures are unanchoring, including the TTT. Vily, showing his cowardice yet again

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

Replace TEST with GEESE

Why do you wish these things on me?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

dragonshardz posted:

Replace TEST with GEESE

merge them to form TESTEESE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette