Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kenning posted:

I googled Eve Barlow (actually I googled Eve Fartlow but it was the same results) and, morbidly, I read her Substack.

Substack really is just MySpace for fascists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

What's funny is you could say any blue checkmark journo wrote that and I would believe it 100%.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Biplane posted:

What's funny is you could say any blue checkmark journo wrote that and I would believe it 100%.

Matt Taibbi posted:

Tonight I finally did the splits for the first time in my life. It's not the achievement I wanted, or even expected, but it's the one I'm currently acknowledging. I haven't had a drink in 15 days. The last time I had a drink I had five or six large glasses of Sancerre and then got sick for the whole of the Christmas period. During that period I refused an invitation to my favorite bikini bar because I opted to stay at home and do laundry. The other night I rewatched Erin Brockovich, as I do once a year, and felt some semblance of faith resurging in my body. Via text message, a friend of mine recently referred to the human body as a “flesh prison”. I laughed aloud. I really needed that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It should also be mentioned that Fartlow is a huge Zionist who also gets really upset when you ask her if Israel is down with her being gay.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh she was also kicked out of the Depp/Heard trial because she had been dating Heard but was apparently too annoying.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

oldpainless posted:

I’m sorry but you’ll have to be more specific

Sorted the lepers colony by permabans and still don't know who this is referring to, but Hedrigall finally got popped :frogout:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I find these funny but I dunno if they're proper IOSM enough

https://twitter.com/TheCartelDel/status/1668512652233179138

https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1668795652124426242

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Goondolences

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

RareAcumen posted:

"It's pretty hilarious" I say, looking down at my lunchbox that contains two salami sandwiches.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

RareAcumen posted:

This is amazing. The responses are great, too. From white people it's mostly 1) claiming this is racist and then being actually racist 2) saying "no white people food is good" and then describing or showing pictures of food that is actually from a different culture. Oh, and one person showing raw fruit and claiming it's white cuisine; that's just nature, dumbass.

The Sean has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Jun 15, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Here's a Malaysian Islamic preacher influencer who is caught doing a "bringing a fallen women to the light" stunt but hiring an Indonesian fashion influencer hoping nobody would notice

https://twitter.com/saysdotcom/status/1669209441206685697?t=o3xOhPfiZiajgEhp6WCblw&s=19

https://twitter.com/saysdotcom/status/1669209691430490113?t=61uhJuZpdXU7UgpmFjcT6w&s=19

https://twitter.com/saysdotcom/status/1669209874444718080?t=M2BU2L7WFjWlnjPZjUgUNA&s=19

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Here's a Malaysian Islamic preacher influencer who is caught doing a "bringing a fallen women to the light" stunt but hiring an Indonesian fashion influencer hoping nobody would notice

Amazing, he pulled her from a life of excess and hedonism and into a life of humility and devoutness. Such an admirable feat.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I saw the AI stuff on the PYF Tweets thread, which seems like the better place to post tweets that are just good or funny without explicitly being made by IoSM.

In general I think it'd be good for this thread to stick to some rules more. Don't post Cum Warrior poo poo, don't post tweets that are just funny, don't post ragebait. Post screenshots of people insisting that they can actually talk to their dog and that it wants to go see the new Spiderman movie, or not understanding how averages work.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If you're gonna do that, probably don't hire the model with multiple distinct tattoos.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I don't know if it's racist or not, but making GBS threads on another culture's food as a way to denegrate that culture is not cool.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don't know if it's racist or not, but making GBS threads on another culture's food as a way to denegrate that culture is not cool.

I feel like most Western cultures are fair game for poking fun at, we don't get to pretend we're harmed by someone calling our food beige or saying all we eat is potatoes or whatever. We could stand to have a bit more of a sense of humour about ourselves.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Scratch Monkey posted:

The culture that invented Lunchables is absolutely worth being denigrated over it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scratch Monkey posted:

A take so spicy that white people won't eat it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kazil posted:

A take so spicy that white people won't eat it

poo poo, close the thread

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Scratch Monkey posted:

"White" is not a culture.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tiggum posted:

"White" is not a culture.

Tell that to yogurt.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Black man with white in-laws here. It is always okay to make fun of white people food when those white people don't understand the existence of things like "Salt, Pepper, Spices, Herbs, Onions, and Garlic."

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fivemarks posted:

Black man with white in-laws here. It is always okay to make fun of white people food when those white people don't understand the existence of things like "Salt, Pepper, Spices, Herbs, Onions, and Garlic."

Onions and garlic? Slow down there, that’s like two scovilles! Two too many!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Apparently this video of someone making a lettuce wrap is ground zero for the white people food meme.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Fishstick posted:

The culture that invented Lunchables is absolutely worth being denigrated over it

Lunchables are just kids first charcuterie, so the French.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

teen witch posted:

poo poo, close the thread

Catch-22, the poo poo burns too

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
Growing up my dad used to tell me that spices were a "trick" used by lazy cooks. Because if you used spices, the spices would be all you taste and all they did was cover up the natural flavor of the food.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

PurpleXVI posted:

I feel like most Western cultures are fair game for poking fun at, we don't get to pretend we're harmed by someone calling our food beige or saying all we eat is potatoes or whatever. We could stand to have a bit more of a sense of humour about ourselves.

agreed. unfortunately a lot of us are humourless dicks.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Fivemarks posted:

that sounds dangerously ethnic

possibly even italian

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I understand the joke is white people eat bland food (and it is funny). But all the examples posted remind me of people who aren't skinny so they feel uncomfortable eating anything more than carrot sticks and cucumbers in public.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

lost old man posted:

Growing up my dad used to tell me that spices were a "trick" used by lazy cooks. Because if you used spices, the spices would be all you taste and all they did was cover up the natural flavor of the food.

This was put about by rich people in Europe once everyone could afford spices. Kind of want to know what recipes tasted like before then - I know there's a medieval english Cinnamon Ham, someone's probably got some notes on that

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

lost old man posted:

Had a roommate who once told me you can't taste more than 4 spices in a dish and so I should stop putting that many spices in our food. I just did it when he wasn't looking since, by his own logic, he wouldn't be able to tell anyways.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
https://twitter.com/oldenoughtosay/status/1668955904081817601?s=20 Just gonna leave this here

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Oh she was also kicked out of the Depp/Heard trial because she had been dating Heard but was apparently too annoying.

At this point there’s not a person in the world that I’d be surprised to find out Amber Heard had dated. She probably dated that Malaysian preacher guy at some point.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

PurpleXVI posted:

Also an easy and socially acceptable way to scratch the itch to make fun of foreigners if you're white, just make fun of other white cultures.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Wow. Massive self-own in an attempt to own the poor.

Relatedly, the origin of graham crackers:

"The graham cracker was inspired by the preaching of Sylvester Graham, who was part of the 19th-century temperance movement. He believed that minimizing pleasure and stimulation of all kinds, including the prevention of masturbation, coupled with a vegetarian diet anchored by bread made from wheat coarsely ground at home, was how God intended people to live, and that following this natural law would keep people healthy. Towards that end, Graham introduced the world's first graham wafer product. It was a dull, unsifted flour biscuit baked by Graham himself. The sugarless wafers were a key component of the eponymous diet."

They're okay today with the addition of flavor.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Clerical Terrors posted:

Also an easy and socially acceptable way to scratch the itch to make fun of foreigners if you're white, just make fun of other white cultures.

This is the worst type of racism: the type against me

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Sean posted:

Wow. Massive self-own in an attempt to own the poor.

Relatedly, the origin of graham crackers:

"The graham cracker was inspired by the preaching of Sylvester Graham, who was part of the 19th-century temperance movement. He believed that minimizing pleasure and stimulation of all kinds, including the prevention of masturbation,

HARD PASS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Clerical Terrors posted:

Had a roommate who once told me you can't taste more than 4 spices in a dish and so I should stop putting that many spices in our food. I just did it when he wasn't looking since, by his own logic, he wouldn't be able to tell anyways.

But then it's up to a dice roll which of the extra spices you can't taste - sometimes it's pepper, or nutmeg, or maybe cardamom? And that means your recipes never taste the same twice.