Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I think you mean Kalvin Philips, Treble Winner 2023TM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

That last sentence :smith:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Would be strange if they weren't in for him tbh. Magnificent midfielder that's young and homegrown isn't something that comes on the market every year.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Frankston posted:

I think you mean Kalvin Philips, Treble Winner 2023TM.

Kalvin hears 'City spending big on Rice' then disappointed when he realises they mean the player

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the sex ghost posted:

Kalvin hears 'City spending big on Rice' then disappointed when he realises they mean the player

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

That last sentence :smith:

yeah ffs

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Edu has to go. He is not good enough at executing transfers to get us where we want to go.

Literally every large transfer a club gives us their asking price X, and he goes how about X-20, no? How about X-15, no? How about X-10, no? X-5? OK fine, we will pay X.

He takes weeks to eventually give in and pay the full price every single time, and occasionally gets gazumped in the process.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TyrantWD posted:

Edu has to go. He is not good enough at executing transfers to get us where we want to go.

Literally every large transfer a club gives us their asking price X, and he goes how about X-20, no? How about X-15, no? How about X-10, no? X-5? OK fine, we will pay X.

He takes weeks to eventually give in and pay the full price every single time, and occasionally gets gazumped in the process.

This is a very extreme reaction, OP.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

edu has successfully brought in a ton of good players at reasonable prices in recent years and generally avoided panic buying or overspending on crap.

arsenal's transfer issues if anything are the sell side, but a lot of that is just the pile of poo poo players that was left over before Arteta took over. the buying has been good

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I personally preferred the old Arsenal transfer method of starting at a bid of zero pounds and going up in 1p increments until the other team stopped picking up the phone, then putting out a 'we tried' message to the fans before unveiling the remains of kim kallstrom on loan

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

Saying this after a year where he got Jesus and zinchenko in July and trossard in January is funny

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

I personally preferred the old Arsenal transfer method of starting at a bid of zero pounds and going up in 1p increments until the other team stopped picking up the phone, then putting out a 'we tried' message to the fans before unveiling the remains of kim kallstrom on loan

:lol:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
If the second place team in the league lose out on a major midfield improvement to loving City I think that'd be it for me, Clive

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mila kunis posted:

If the second place team in the league lose out on a major midfield improvement to loving City I think that'd be it for me, Clive

They’re in second until they’re in first, and that’s a fact

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Didn’t realize Reddit was back up

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

the sex ghost posted:

This post gave me a good chuckle, thanks OP

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

Good news, west ham want over 100m so apparently arsenals second bid is £101m

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Good news, west ham want over 100m so apparently arsenals second bid is £101m

£40,000,001

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The second funniest transfer number after £35,012,000

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Xabi posted:

What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?

Think it’s meats, Edu loves a barbecue.

Also yeah ffs the problem is selling properly, but part of that is having good players people want to buy. That said, I feel like Chelsea is about to be in a worse position than even “paying Özil, Mustafi, and others to gently caress off” stage Edu even was.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TyrantWD posted:

:qq: :qq: :qq:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1669691293419835392?s=20

Mahmoud.
Dahoud.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 16, 2023

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Mahmoud Dahoud has a nice ring to it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Is a Dahoud also the name for a physical place of gathering???

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

harperdc posted:

That said, I feel like Chelsea is about to be in a worse position than even “paying Özil, Mustafi, and others to gently caress off” stage Edu even was.

It’s not even close. I can’t think of a club in recent memory that has had that much deadweight to offload.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Butterfly Valley posted:

Is a Dahoud also the name for a physical place of gathering???

I believe 50 Cent wrote a song about being from there, yes

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Where Dahoud, where Dahoud, where Dahoud at?
Dortmund, currently, but he'll be moving to Brighton this summer

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I believe 50 Cent wrote a song about being from there, yes

Fair, mods petition to rename the forum Mahmoud in Dahoud

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

sourdough posted:

Saying this after a year where he got Jesus and zinchenko in July and trossard in January is funny

lol right, if anything im irritated by how good arsenals transfers seem to have been

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope liverpool sign kephrem thuram, i've watched 3 highlight videos now and he seems like the best

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

sebzilla posted:

Where Dahoud, where Dahoud, where Dahoud at?
Dortmund, currently, but he'll be moving to Brighton this summer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Please please please please

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

This isn't the way I was expecting Arsenal to meltdown but I'm here for it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

:smithicide:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Now that's funny

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i imagine the talks were quite short and consisted primarily of the words "gently caress off"

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Dudley posted:

This isn't the way I was expecting Arsenal to meltdown but I'm here for it.

conte to arsenal please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnderFreddy posted:

i imagine the talks were quite short and consisted primarily of the words "gently caress off"

I bet they weren't