Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Geez I hope not. Cause Stalker was yet another game where grenade launchers fire with the speed and trajectory of a little kid underhand tossing a baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah should probably start em off in Battlefield since it has bullet drop at least and then maybe something more hardcore like ARMA or whatevs

just stay away from hitscan games really

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CannonFodder posted:

Russians go to Miami for vacation, return home with a viscous hatred for the Patriots and Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins and whatever the MLS team is.

Which is really funny because Putin met Patriots owner Robert Kraft and stole his Super Bowl ring.
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2020/09/10/robert-kraft-putin-super-bowl-ring/

edit: Putin, a piece of poo poo, stole a Super Bowl ring. Amongst his other shittiness.

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy tbh

putin doesn't even care for the trinket, he does it because they do

and if he wants to KGB lovely chuds as a power move I'm all for it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

A map of decolonized Russia. Each flag was a separate nation, people, culture, language, absorbed into muscovy through imperial conquest based on ethnic Russian superiority

Gave me flashbacks to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efn_IcNWzF0

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, it'll do that. The whole thing is designed to withstand mines. The hull is shaped in a way to deflect the explosions away and there's a ton of cool tech built in to make sure that when mines blow up, they don't kill the crew and passengers and do as minimal damage as possible.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Vaginaface posted:

Do the freedom of Canada, Spain, and Boba Fett really mean that little to you?

I mean if they go and explain Mandalore like its a real country id be pretty pumped

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lol the decolonized Russia pic I posted wasn't meant to be anything more than to show the extent to which historical Muscovy invaded and colonized native populations and rival nations across Siberia and the steppes for the past 500 years as a corollary to the exact same behavior Russia has engaged in for the entirety of our lifetimes, not that it should return to that.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

ZhiriBot unveiled

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1669329786274029570

why though

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
depressed big brother

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

This should be enough Zhirinovsky for anyone,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_tqWRRQYw0

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

fatherboxx posted:

Truly a unique case in world history.
What then? There are no significant indendependence movements and no places with those colorful flags can self-sustain, every place that was able to secede already did so in 1991.

Barring of course Chechnya, but I guess you could cover that with "was able to."

Were a disintegration to happen, it would probably look a lot more like the South American wars of independence than the ethnostates in European imagination. Speaking of which, Russia had a hand in those wars, siding with Spain to sell them some warships:

Wikipedia posted:

The arrival of the Russian fleet in Cadiz in February 1818 was not to the liking of the Spanish navy, which was dissatisfied with the state of deterioration in which some supposedly new ships were found: between 1820 and 1823 all the Warships were scrapped as being useless. This fiasco put an end to the whole plan to reconquer the Rio de la Plata, which would end with the uprising of the Spanish Army in Cadiz (Trienio Liberal)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Russia trying to pull the mechanical turk because even their scams are a couple hundred years out of date.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

cant wait till we get Winterpute

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Big "are we the baddies" energy from creating the evil AI from the Command & Conquer:Tiberias Sun add on disc.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

My god... The boffins at the Internet Research Agency have achieved the singularity. Now the entire internet will ring with one poo poo posting propaganda voice.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Barring of course Chechnya, but I guess you could cover that with "was able to."

Were a disintegration to happen, it would probably look a lot more like the South American wars of independence than the ethnostates in European imagination. Speaking of which, Russia had a hand in those wars, siding with Spain to sell them some warships:

The centuries of Russian imperial foreign/domestic policy that included mechanisms designed to do population and cultural replacement (Russification) certainly didn't help things from getting into the state they're in now. It's not like those places were all empty land before Moskali showed up, they had people living there that got subjugated by expansionistic governments.

Russia not being the only country to do this does not make it any better, and certainly does not mean that active attempts to hold that empire together in modern day are acceptable or in any way comparable.

Another interesting thing to note is that when Muscovy was beginning to conglomerate under Ivan IV Grozny, he conquered the surrounding lands of Kazan and Astrakhan then looked westward and tried to conquer Poland-Lithuania in the Livonian War and got stomped so hard that Russian attempts to expand into the west stopped entirely for a while as Ivan turned his attention to the east and started expanding into emptier lands with people that would be easier to conquer.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 15, 2023

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Jimlit posted:

cant wait till we get Winterpute

haha

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

steinrokkan posted:

Gave me flashbacks to this

My favourite is still the shitpost/fanfiction from last year with all the post-Putin leaders:

More CK3 than HOI4, really. But the flavour text is great.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Well that's a lot smarter than the current policy, AI is terrifying

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, it'll do that. The whole thing is designed to withstand mines. The hull is shaped in a way to deflect the explosions away and there's a ton of cool tech built in to make sure that when mines blow up, they don't kill the crew and passengers and do as minimal damage as possible.

Off the top of my head, in addition to the V-hull -

* Wheels and other undercarriage bits are often designed to cleanly detach under blast. Not only does this minimise the overall degree of deformation of the hull when a wheel is ripped off, but allowing these objects to be accelerated in a preferred direction can reduce the overall impulse
* Front wheels and other bits are often mounted well forward of any crew-occupied area, so if you run over a mine then it doesn't detonate directly under an occupied compartment
* Internal floors are often separate from the hull itself; this ensures that you're not standing on the load path from a deformation of the hull
* Seats are mounted to the walls, not the floor, for the same reason
* Spall liners to catch fragments
* If I recall correctly, some vehicles have blowout mechanisms to rapidly equalise the pressure in the cabin if the floor does deform, thus limiting the overpressure on the crew

STANAG 4569 requirements deal with vehicle protection against mines and blast, and the top-level test schema is for a 10kg TNT (or equivalent) charge buried under wet, sandy gravel for maximum slug formation and impulse loading. It does not gently caress around.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Disco Pope posted:

Big "are we the baddies" energy from creating the evil AI from the Command & Conquer:Tiberias Sun add on disc.

I was thinking that XERXES had been hacked by PUTAN.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh yeah?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Flavahbeast posted:

Well that's a lot smarter than the current policy, AI is terrifying

Now I wonder whether it's saying someone's honest opinion and "AI" is just a ruse to allow plausible deniability

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dwesa posted:

edit: map update (no update)

According to Ukrinform they're still making minor advances in some places, just not liberating any settlements of note for the time being.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3723262-ukraines-national-guard-units-advance-by-up-to-1500-m-in-orikhiv-sector.html

e: another front:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3723371-ukrainian-forces-advance-by-one-kilometer-in-vuhledar-area-defense-forces.html

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 15, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Information blackout means we won't hear anything for a while yet.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, Ukraine usually only declares a settlement liberated once the local situation has stabilized and any potential counterattacks have been beaten off, which is probably wise.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dwesa posted:

Now I wonder whether it's saying someone's honest opinion and "AI" is just a ruse to allow plausible deniability

all modern "AI" is a ruse because when you get into the guts of what it's doing it's much closer to a search engine than an intelligence. the main difference is how it digests its prompts.

someone might as well be behind the curtain saying "write a speech on an isolationist russian war policy" and piping it into a winamp skin.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

real tim and eric vibes from that artifical zhirinovskii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXo6JEK5WVE

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1669366411905449984
:discourse:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

nah, this sucks and was a bad call by pavel.

what the government should do is start digging more seriously into where russian money is and has gone here.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

NoiseAnnoys posted:

real tim and eric vibes from that artifical zhirinovskii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXo6JEK5WVE

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgDQz9sSrQs

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol too hi-fi for them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Doing surveillance on people because they are Russian is gross and loving wrong. There is no way to justify it. Ever.

I've been noticing attitudes (not here) are starting to get a bit blase and to just blame Russians for stuff. Please point out to people that this is putins fault not the Russian public. Some do support it sure, they can gently caress off but millions don't and can't do much about it. Tarnishing Russian people with something they can't control is gross and needs to be stopped.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Tai posted:

Doing surveillance on people because they are Russian is gross and loving wrong. There is no way to justify it. Ever.

Yeah, this sort of thing doesn't end well.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

humanity judge people by their individual character and not their race or nationality challenge 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ryde posted:

Yeah, this sort of thing doesn't end well.

especially here.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Hell there's gently caress tons of dumbass Westerners who also support the war and are cheering on Russia, why not bring jackboots down on them too?

Way more efficient use of intelligence resources to actually find out where Russia's influence/money is being used because it may well likely be some of those western citizens.

Profiling does not work, I don't know how much this needs to be proven before it gets through to some people.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Tai posted:

I've been noticing attitudes (not here) are starting to get a bit blase and to just blame Russians for stuff. Please point out to people that this is putins fault not the Russian public. Some do support it sure, they can gently caress off but millions don't and can't do much about it. Tarnishing Russian people with something they can't control is gross and needs to be stopped.
Doing surveillance on ethnic Russians because they are Russian is bad.

Canceling visas for Russian citizens so they gently caress off out of your country is fine.

Pretending these are the same thing is stupid at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

NoiseAnnoys posted:

nah, this sucks and was a bad call by pavel.

what the government should do is start digging more seriously into where russian money is and has gone here.

Those are usually put into businesses and property registered on EU nationals so doing anything to them is way harder than harassing a visa holder for easy cheers