Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Cyrano4747 posted:

The blood skills seem to need a fundamental buff, they don't feel very good in T4 right now.

really? you played them, properly built and geared?

https://i.imgur.com/7k8e8rC.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/isfLRiV.mp4
being functionally immortal against large elite packs in high tier nm dungeons while still having the dps to chunk thru them isnt good enough for t4? or did you just hear someone say it and give up on a character you clicked things randomly on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

I can already tell the aspects that will help my build will be random drops. I dont need to check. Thats just how my luck rolls.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Picked up the game yesterday because sometimes you just wanna blow up a bunch of demons.

Anyone got a recommended Rogue leveling build that isn't Twisting Blades? Twisting Blades is a really cool ability but it might be a bit too big brain for me for when I want to just zone out and watch numbers fly and demons explode. I do like melee but I think I prefer my melee a bit more "just loving smash things" rather than "careful positioning and aiming returning blades."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Harrow posted:

Picked up the game yesterday because sometimes you just wanna blow up a bunch of demons.

Anyone got a recommended Rogue leveling build that isn't Twisting Blades? Twisting Blades is a really cool ability but it might be a bit too big brain for me for when I want to just zone out and watch numbers fly and demons explode. I do like melee but I think I prefer my melee a bit more "just loving smash things" rather than "careful positioning and aiming returning blades."

Flurry is the "pretty good braindead melee" build for rogue.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

please buff my class. i onlyhave 10k hp/barrier and can stand still on top of six elites 18 levels above me, while still running a dogshit chest i havnt upgraded for ages. its not strong enough.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feel like Minion Necro kind of falls off in the T3 range, is there an aspect or something to make it better? Having my entire cadre die to a single elite aoe was getting tedious. Been having fun with blood tho as a replacement.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Feel like Minion Necro kind of falls off in the T3 range, is there an aspect or something to make it better? Having my entire cadre die to a single elite aoe was getting tedious. Been having fun with blood tho as a replacement.

get the passive that makes them unable to take more than 30% hp from an attack

Minion necro owns even in t4 you just have to commit to it and stop pretending like you need to be doing damage yourself instead of letting your 14 minion army rip things to shreds for you

e: Here's the build I'm using. Zero issues aside from the aforementioned huge packs. Suppressors can be annoying too but you can drag them into your mages with blight eventually.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 15, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

faantastic posted:

You pinned it off map?

Nah, it's just the whole sandstorm area that doesn't have a GPS coverage. Same thing with parts of the snakey swamp.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You don't actually have to aim the TB return blades.

You'll want another ability that helps blender weak trash. TB pairs well with traps, though traps really take off when you get the key passive at the end.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Black Griffon posted:

Nah, it's just the whole sandstorm area that doesn't have a GPS coverage. Same thing with parts of the snakey swamp.

Woah that sucks. I did all of the statues and only had 2 spots where the GPS was real bad.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

faantastic posted:

Woah that sucks. I did all of the statues and only had 2 spots where the GPS was real bad.

Yeah I think I had one or two just running through the campaign. It works fine like 99% of the time.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Harrow posted:

What you want is Flurry, and you can get the one aspect necessary for this in your codex very early on in Act I, at the Forsaken Quarry dungeon the Fractured Peaks, and that's pretty much all you need to get rolling with the build, just dashing into groups and acting like a blender. It definitely won't make you feel like you have to think about positioning as much as Twisting Blades can.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Tiny Timbs posted:

Don’t legendaries often get an extra affix in addition to the aspect affix? My rares have 3 and my legendaries have 4 + aspect.

As someone else said this changes eventually.

Helion posted:

Me Roguing: Haha gently caress yeah! Yes!!!

Me Druiding: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress?

I’ve done every class solo to t3 on hardcore at this point, and so far Druid was the only one I couldn’t find a build that felt good. It’s the only class I feel like I wouldn’t enjoy replaying the early game on. I usually figure out my own builds but tried some guides when it was feeling like poo poo, and it kept feeling like rear end.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I made summoner work up to about tier 40 nightmare. The inability to counter play a number of affixes with them combined with the increasing number of affixes elite packs get made me stop. It was uncomfortable how much faster & more consistent my clear speed got after. The cult leader board’s nodes that say “minions” (as opposed to “skeleton warrior” or “skeleton mage”) appearing to do nothing doesn’t help.

The unique ring slaps though, and was probably the only reason I could run them as long as I did.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

havnt tried using it myself but i found this unique that seems like it has potential for a blood/minion build if u want something to chase for to try adding them back in in the future

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Any area that starts hidden and is revealed later doesn't work with pins; it's like the GPS line doesn't check state and is always using the original map.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Harrow posted:

Penetrating shot is very fun and good but it's not melee obv. Press shadow imbuements, everything blows up

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'm very happy with the gearing process in Diablo 4. Having all my gear being hand crafted by me from decent drops is super fun and feels really good instead of hoping for a well rolled legendary with specific aspect. I'm definitely finding myself looking through drops to see if there's any better rolled stuff that I can tinker with to make an upgrade.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There’s a glyph for Skeleton Warrior damage and survivability that I put in my first paragon sheet. Also make sure you grab the skill enhancement that sets a max amount of relative damage an enemy can do to minions.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I complained last night about getting no uniques, and I logged in and did a cellar first thing before work today where the butcher jumped me.

He dropped a unique dagger that gives +40% damage to core skills if you have 3 combo points and a 30% chance for basic attacks to give 3 combo points.

As a flurry rogue this is amazing.

Complaining on the Internet works!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/icyveins/status/1669309985510113286?s=46

Oh well that explains a lot actually

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

this is just a fix for barbarian loot being on the druids loot table. tempest roar and all that do drop

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stux posted:

havnt tried using it myself but i found this unique that seems like it has potential for a blood/minion build if u want something to chase for to try adding them back in in the future

I wonder if this stacks with the aspect that causes your nova to echo or if your minions only get one

Also I think something a lot of people miss with minion survivability (and damage!) is abusing the skeletal priest, especially with the passive that gives them a 60% max health heal after 5 seconds. I assume this is mostly because they are a slave to the fart cloud and don't realize how much damage and healing it adds to The Boys.

Substandard posted:

Complaining on the Internet works!

I guess I need to complain more because I've gotten like 15 uniques at this point and none of them are the ring that gives my minions exploding attacks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

poemdexter posted:

I'm very happy with the gearing process in Diablo 4. Having all my gear being hand crafted by me from decent drops is super fun and feels really good instead of hoping for a well rolled legendary with specific aspect. I'm definitely finding myself looking through drops to see if there's any better rolled stuff that I can tinker with to make an upgrade.

Yeah, same. I especially like being able to imprint aspects from the codex; it means even if you have nothing relevant you want you can always stamp *something* on the gear for now then overwrite it with something later if you find a better one or a better version of the one you put on it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thanks for the Rogue advice everyone! I'll try out Flurry and Penetrating Shot and see whether melee or range feels better for me right now.

Gwaihir posted:

Penetrating shot is very fun and good but it's not melee obv. Press shadow imbuements, everything blows up

Oh yeah I'm not necessarily married to melee. I like ranged, too, so this is also worth a try for sure.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If their seasons are 8 months long or so , I could see doing them campaign again

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

poemdexter posted:

I'm guessing you skipped D3, where rerolling was cheap and easy (instead of locked behind time-limited events) and you could both upgrade into legendaries and reroll ones you didn't like?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

If their seasons are 8 months long or so , I could see doing them campaign again

They're three months

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Mailer posted:

I'm guessing you skipped D3, where rerolling was cheap and easy (instead of locked behind time-limited events) and you could both upgrade into legendaries and reroll ones you didn't like?

thats less fun.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Okay so explain me

I barely managed to complete the capstone WT2->3 dungeon
I just died 12 times in my first nightmare dungeon

I have a sacred weapon but the rest is 4 stars upgraded yellows imprinted for a minion build

What should I be supposed to do now if there's no helltide?
Please don't tell me "go blood" or "go bone spear" because I don't like either builds

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Is +dmg on chest pieces a trap as opposed to going for more defense? I've got a decent rare with max rolled +dmg but I'm starting to get gibbed before I can hit blood mist on dense elite packs and I'm not sure when the 6% damage boost is applied.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Char posted:

Okay so explain me

I have a sacred weapon but the rest is 4 stars upgraded yellows imprinted for a minion build

Please don't tell me "go blood" or "go bone spear" because I don't like either builds

Go back to WT2 and farm some more gear and XP. What level are you now?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thanks for the minion necro tips, all. Will definitely rethink how I was playing them and try the build out again.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

explosivo posted:

Go back to WT2 and farm some more gear and XP. What level are you now?

51. If it's a working benchmark, 1457 weapon damage, 1378 max life, 3317 armor

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Char posted:

Okay so explain me

Do some whispers on WT3 and get some higher ilvl rewards from the tree. That is the easiest content available at your gear level. Alternately just run some normal dungeons for whatever remaining aspects you need.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If you can do regular dungeons in WT3 or try to do whispers that's probably going to help a bunch. Alternatively grinding out paragon points might help :shrug:

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Yeah what I don't really immediately get is that I can't get more gear from WT2, I can only get more legendaries to dismantle for the last point upgrade of all my equip.
Well let's see what happens with 3-4 more paragon points, thanks.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Gwaihir posted:

Has anyone tried Penetrating Shot with a controller?

Out of concerns that aiming would be too inaccurate, I went with Heartseeker and Barrage (which is AMAZING with Shadow Imbuement).

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Stux posted:

are we even playing the same game. necro is extremely strong, and the varied affixes make upgrading and itemising easier as well as lettingh you stack things to an absurd degree. like reading posts from an alternate dimension.

I mean it is quite difficult to know what is going to be an upgrade at the margins, is plus 40 dps on the weapon worth losing 3.5 percent vuln damage? Are the pentinent greaves with multiplicitive 10 percent damage to chilled better than what I can get elsewhere wrt damage (I still use them anyway because freezing people is cool but I don't know which pair, 7 percent chill damage and 7 more movespeed VS 10 percent chill damage).

A testing area with some damage meters and various enemy counts would be great if they gonna have so many different affixes and you want to perfect the build. On the other hand, does it really matter lol

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I whisper progress persistent or does it reset when you log out like bounties in D3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Char posted:

Yeah what I don't really immediately get is that I can't get more gear from WT2, I can only get more legendaries to dismantle for the last point upgrade of all my equip.
Well let's see what happens with 3-4 more paragon points, thanks.

Yeah it's a bit of a boring grind but getting legendaries for aspects or finishing dungeons to unlock aspects in the codex all in wt2 probably wouldn't hurt if you were hitting a brick wall. I'd also recommend doing the rep grinds if you haven't maxed those out yet; there's 5 skill points and 20 paragon points on the table for doing all of them which is huge. I did those on WT2 because looking for shrines or quickly doing sidequests went way faster that way.