Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Games Forum posted:

6 sounds like a lot of fun.

Lot of amazing games coming out this year, so I am happy that all gamers get catered for in 2023. :)

It's not catering to me until Silksong comes out (never)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1669305921296826368?s=20

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The library has a lot of video games.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So after all this time I finally played (and completed!) my first ever Zelda, which was Breath of the Wild.

Good Lord, Nintendo makes amazing games :shepspends:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Infinitum posted:

- Hair and facial tech seems REALLY last gen, beards in particular, so guessing this is a console/game scale compromise? Probably over a decade since I last saw pube beard tech

Look, they have to make some compromises to put it on the Nintendo Switch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1669297559339438081?t=Ix_IL9QhqvmudtJZbhggCQ&s=19

Scan him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I watched the footage for the new Armored Core and it looks insanely cool. I got big Zone of the Enders vibes off it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man , nick is so old

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nicholas Gaoler Cages

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sam, this is Nic Cageman. Did you know you can solve tax problems by making tons of terrible movies?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Excited for Nicolas Cage in Death Stranding 2. I hope he has good voice lines from his bunker and gives us something cool when we max out his bond.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I hope he was there to challenge Kojima for his position as head of the studio.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Hmm, seeing Nic Cage's beautiful face reminds me that I should see if Panos Cosmatos has said anything about his next flick

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Why the hell are people buying Wata graded copies of Pokemon switch games that came out 6 months ago, and paying $300? Are they really thinking they're going to be worth thousands in 10 years?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Why the hell are people buying Wata graded copies of Pokemon switch games that came out 6 months ago, and paying $300? Are they really thinking they're going to be worth thousands in 10 years?

Wait what? Where are you seeing this? I thought everyone would be in the know by now that WATA is a scam and their grading means absolutely nothing.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ChocNitty posted:

rubs temples

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly what you are probably actually seeing is a handful of people within WATA selling copies of a specific game back and forth to each other in order to inflate the price. They get the price to a certain point with just enough of a paper trail to make it look legit, and then they sit and wait for someone who doesn't know better to come along and buy the game. That is how their entire scam works.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
pokemon games have always been notorious for being in high demand but lol @ people trying to do that poo poo with the Switch games. they're still in print!!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

wata load of bull

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

What the heck is WATA?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Evil Kit posted:

What the heck is WATA?

It's a type of large cricket-like creature from New Zealand.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao imagine paying that much for a physical pokemon game before you just emulate it instead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They don't buy the games to play them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For sale: Nintendo Switch with digital copy of Pokemon Arceus (game in mint condition/unbooted) - $1500

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

if only I could make barrels of cash by getting out a loupe and looking at video game packages and going "mmhmm, mmhmm, I certify this grade A money laundering currency -- I mean packaging" like those people apparently get away with

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

galenanorth posted:

if only I could make barrels of cash by getting out a loupe and looking at video game packages and going "mmhmm, mmhmm, I certify this grade A money laundering currency -- I mean packaging"

Someone should try to do what the high end vintage watch community does and claim that wear and tear makes them more valuable

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

What the heck is WATA?

Basically watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A I can't remember if this was the exact video that set things in motion in exposing WATA, but the owners of WATA have been trying for over a year to get this video removed from Youtube.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
For sale, kuribo's shoe, never worn

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also they very explicitly mostly do this with very popular and not at all rare games that are widely known by the mainstream so it makes better headlines

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Jay Rust posted:

Man , nick is so old

Maybe but he looks sharp as hell in that coat and glasses.

Is that what kids call the drip these days? asking for a friend

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BonoMan posted:

Maybe but he looks sharp as hell in that coat and glasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPy8X9QOufQ

Edit: I forgot which thread this was but I'll leave it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BonoMan posted:

the klundey, or alternately, the squirrels

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I said come in! posted:

Wait what? Where are you seeing this? I thought everyone would be in the know by now that WATA is a scam and their grading means absolutely nothing.

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I said come in! posted:

Basically watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A I can't remember if this was the exact video that set things in motion in exposing WATA, but the owners of WATA have been trying for over a year to get this video removed from Youtube.

I don't even need to watch the whole video. Market manipulation and speculative bubbles, name a more iconic
economic duo.

Goddamn. :sigh:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

sicko poo poo

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPy8X9QOufQ

Edit: I forgot which thread this was but I'll leave it

this is amazing (and I def heard Drip. It's one of those where the SFX from the game obscures the beginning just enough to "hear what you wanna hear.")

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmaoooooo jesus christ

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The free market must be stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Khanstant posted:

The free market must be stopped