Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Also, in the real world Batman would absolutely 100% be in jail

In the Harley Quinn animated series he is and the Joker is the mayor of Gotham.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Gotta love the ever-present insinuation that everyone in the armed forces, volunteer forces, and police is actively opposed to LGBTQ rights, and celebrating Pride in any way is actively attacking their legacy. Nothing to analyze there!
Given that the background Pride is the Stonewall riot, celebrating Pride is actively attacking the cops' legacy. And it's a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Our local small town pride parade was led by an ambulance draped in rainbow banners and cheerful paramedics (followed closely by the hospital employees union, though admittedly I'm not sure if the paramedics are part of that union or if they were just marching near each other). We had a fire truck full of supportive firefighters further back.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Overall Worst, Worst Gaslighting

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Randalor posted:

I'm going to stay out of any debate about if someone who lives on the fringes or outskirts of a city counts as being a "tourist", and what counts as part of a city. I just changed my post to better describe what actually happened.

I don’t have much of a horse in the fight either, but Long Island is, as the name suggests, pretty dang long. The landmass contains Brooklyn and Queens, but it also has like Stony Brook and the Hamptons which are quite a ways away, trip measured in hours. For reference, I’m in the Catskills right now, a.k.a. the literal wilderness, and I’m closer to the city proper than several parts of Long Island.

My point was “he’s not a tourist, he’s from Long Island” is basically meaningless. That could be someone who regularly commutes in 6 days a week or someone who’d never ridden the subway before.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

RoboRodent posted:

Our local small town pride parade was led by an ambulance draped in rainbow banners and cheerful paramedics (followed closely by the hospital employees union, though admittedly I'm not sure if the paramedics are part of that union or if they were just marching near each other). We had a fire truck full of supportive firefighters further back.

Umm as you'll notice, ambulance drivers are not pictured in the forgotten groups in that cartoon, probably because they're too gay, as evidenced by leading your town pride parade

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a troublesome shot for golf-loving Trump – Legal woes, and threats of prison, are mounting for the former president"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men novelist, dies at 89

|Evening Standard:

New Banksy exhibition to be held at Glasgow’s Gallery of Modern Art

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Microplastics posted:

Umm as you'll notice, ambulance drivers are not pictured in the forgotten groups in that cartoon, probably because they're too gay, as evidenced by leading your town pride parade

"Violence is the only way to serve your community, and only Real Men can commit violence."- A professional artist

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Gotta love the ever-present insinuation that everyone in the armed forces, volunteer forces, and police is actively opposed to LGBTQ rights, and celebrating Pride in any way is actively attacking their legacy. Nothing to analyze there!

It's funny how conservatives attack liberals for trying to "buy" votes with policies that are favorable for minorities, yet at the same time assume anyone in the armed forces or police is automatically on their side.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Stote Bots

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I assume the letters on the ground must spell something pretty damning in Welsh.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just wanted to add to the subway slaying story: Even the murderer, who continued to hold the victim in a strangling chokehold even after he was unconscious, has admitted he "felt guilty because the guy wasn't actually a threat to anyone". So despite right wing media being flooded with "oh I guess we should just let CRAZY PEOPLE assault folks!!" type comments, there was never any danger and this was entirely about killing someone because they were loud and disruptive.
Which would definitely come back to bite all these conspiracy theory anti-LGBT assholes screaming and ranting in Target or Starbucks or wherever else, if laws were ever to be applied equally.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Stote Bots

Ewww, Ai art loving up the feet again!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Liberal opposition leader Peter Dutton, with Labor senators Penny Wong and Katy Gallagher being played on stage with Morrison. The Liberals in parliament (alongside the conservative media) have spent the week portraying the rape allegation of former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins as a Labor hit job. Then ex-Green-now-indepedent Senator Lidia Thorpe accused Liberal senator David Van of following, propositioning and inappropriately touching her. There was a moment where everyone outside wondered if Thorpe would now be woven into the witch hunt narrative but instead Dutton quickly removed Van from the party room because in parliament it's an open secret he is a serial groper. Former Liberal senator Amanda Stoker accuses David Van of inappropriate touching (SBS).

Rowe:

Le Lievre:

This has the title "Orange is the new orange".

Leak, Son of Leak:

Government terminates lease for new Russian embassy (ABC). The new embassy was going to be right next to Parliament House.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

PowerBeard posted:

Ewww, Ai art loving up the feet again!

"..with feet drawn by rob liefeld" was part of the prompt

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Jeff Stahler

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

...Yes?

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

JamesBont posted:

...Yes?

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

To reinterpret it I’d have to read a Gamble comic.

There’s nothing “easy” about that.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Pants Donkey posted:

There were like, 2-3 people who took off their tops after the formal part of the event. At least one was a trans woman and the other a trans man, and it seemed more about celebrating transition than HOT SEXY TIMES.

I can see how the decorum-brained would take offense, but it was hardly an orgy at the White House. Haven’t been regular orgies there since the Taft administration.

Taft? The sheer mechanics of it are mind boggling!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

White Joe Biden's House

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So you agree, Trump broke the law

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Republicans clearly have no justice in them, while by comparison, Democrats are filled with justice. AGC.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Can there be an "I wish the Democrats were half as cool as Republicans make them look" category? Cause, drat.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Byzantine posted:

Can there be an "I wish the Democrats were half as cool as Republicans make them look" category? Cause, drat.

There's "Don't threaten me with a good time" which I think is a category yes

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Virtual Reality? You're Soaking In It.

Ted Rall posted:

Apple introduced its new Vision Pro virtual reality/augmented reality goggles for the eye-popping price of $3500. But maybe you can save that money.

First Dog on the Moon: Inflation! The price of everything is always going up - but why?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
The more that conservatives do this, the more I'm convinced that the Steele dossier was all true
Hell, their reasoning for why it's "fake" and "discredited" is "Hillary's name is attached to it, so therefore it was all made up to make Trump look bad," same as everything else

The indictments are a "banana republic"
The dossier is "fake"
The collusion is a "hoax"
The investigation is a "witch hunt"
The last 7 years have literally just been the GOP running a massive coverup that makes the 2000 election fraud look quaint

Trazz fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 16, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If only Trump had some Whiskey Sours

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
loving really? Of all the people you could've used in a cartoon trying to point out Dems are obsessed with hurting their political opponents, you're going with Hillary Clinton.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The right is still struggling to a world where Hilary is no longer going to be a front-stage influence on politics.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They really don’t understand Batman, do they?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The Islamic Shock posted:

loving really? Of all the people you could've used in a cartoon trying to point out Dems are obsessed with hurting their political opponents, you're going with Hillary Clinton.

Something something projecting more than an Imax theater.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

They really don’t understand Batman, do they?

See also: Literally any other media ever. The Punisher, Star Wars, Star Trek, Robin Hood...

Besides, it isn't that they don't understand, it's that even the ones who do have their marching orders, and that is to force the narrative that a brave member of ARE TROOPS is being wokely indicted for stopping a crime from a dangerous criminal who probably had like 12 hostages. The reality of the situation is irrelevant.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
just like batman, justified vigilantism is fiction

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

World Famous W posted:

just like batman, justified vigilantism is fiction

Ehhhhhh, not entirely.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
well poo poo, ya got me, i guess i should never speak out against vigilantes because of an edge case

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Holy poo poo, that's basically the end of Road House.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
going to go round up some people to take care of things, it's fine

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Xiahou Dun posted:

Holy poo poo, that's basically the end of Road House.

Per wikipedia, Road House took inspiration from the event.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I dont know posted:

Per wikipedia, Road House took inspiration from the event.

Yeah, I hadn't finished the whole entry and chuckled when I got to the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

World Famous W posted:

well poo poo, ya got me, i guess i should never speak out against vigilantes because of an edge case

Dude seriously calm down.