Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Drafting seems like it would be pretty miserable. I'm picturing S1 Zoo with like a Darkhawk thrown in. And that's your deck for 5-6 matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I got sick of Arena draft in Hearthstone because sometimes you would just get crap cards and your opponent would drop 3 legendaries. Really makes you feel like your draft choices don't ultimately matter and your success is up to the game's blackbox matchmaking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How do people end up with these loving absurd combos? Iron Lad copies Onslaught, then Mystique, then loving Klaw. I NEVER have that kind of luck! Korg drops one loving rock in my deck and that's what Jubilee or Lockjaw pulls at some clutch moment..

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

New Leaf posted:

How do people end up with these loving absurd combos? Iron Lad copies Onslaught, then Mystique, then loving Klaw. I NEVER have that kind of luck! Korg drops one loving rock in my deck and that's what Jubilee or Lockjaw pulls at some clutch moment..
Was that in one game?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

New Leaf posted:

saying this as politely as possible: they're likely making plays that have good odds of being successful and not making plays that don't. if someone's dumped a bunch of rocks in my deck i'd avoid playing out jubilee or lockjaw until i've played lady thor, unless i have no other plays

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

flatluigi posted:

saying this as politely as possible: they're likely making plays that have good odds of being successful and not making plays that don't. if someone's dumped a bunch of rocks in my deck i'd avoid playing out jubilee or lockjaw until i've played lady thor, unless i have no other plays

It wasn't in the same game, that was an example of my bad luck.. and Korg dropping 1=/= a bunch.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

flatluigi posted:

What's lady Thor gonna do against rocks?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i'm having a bad brain day and somehow was thinking of them as 0/1s

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Smash them with her hammer, DUH

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Kinda funny how collapsed mine will blow up ANY rocks on your side of ANY location created by ANY means if you skip a turn. Spaghetti code.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Quetzadilla posted:

Kinda funny how collapsed mine will blow up ANY rocks on your side of ANY location created by ANY means if you skip a turn. Spaghetti code.

Wait what

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quetzadilla posted:

Idk. This one isn't really spaghetti code, that's what the location says it does. It's certainly surprising the first time tho.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
One of the best feelings in snap is clearing your collapsed mine and then dropping armor or storm on an opponent who didn’t.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

first time I did that with scarlet witch I remember going 'no loving way' when it actually worked

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

dangerburrd posted:

One of the best feelings in snap is clearing your collapsed mine and then dropping armor or storm on an opponent who didn’t.

Played Galactus into a guy who thought he wouldn't need that lane and refused to take the turn off.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah it seems Sera Control is the best deck for conquest for me.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
iron fist->shuri->galactus took me by surprise

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Red posted:

Wait what

it says it right there. "Skip a turn to destroy your Rocks." you might assume it means your Rocks (on the Collapsed Mine) but instead it means exactly what it says.

another fun collapsed mine fact, moving a card voluntarily is not skipping your turn. if you move nightcrawler or take advantage of an enemy cloak or whatever, your rocks don't get destroyed.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

dangerburrd posted:

I recently yanked him out of my Galactus deck because I need to poison lanes way more than I need to pile up all my opponent's big bombs out of the way, but there is very little in the game more fun than playing Doc Ock on Rickety Bridge.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
What's a good sera control deck? I got rid of mine awhile back but I'm stalling out in the mid 70s so I need to change it up

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Tom Smykowski posted:

What's a good sera control deck? I got rid of mine awhile back but I'm stalling out in the mid 70s so I need to change it up

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Got an infinite ticket. Conquest mode is okay but I don't really have the urge to keep playing it. I'll play it enough to get the rewards that aren't boosters or currency.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
I've got some new guy questions!

Is there no way to buy more cards? All I have in my shop is a $30 Hobgoblin and Scorpion pack and a Lizard variant (I'm thinking about buying these they look awesome). Do you only get new cards by upgrading your collection?

If I buy these variants does it unlock the base card so I can use them?

I see you mentioning that you "pinned" cards in the shop?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Dragonshirt posted:

Is there no way to buy more cards? All I have in my shop is a $30 Hobgoblin and Scorpion pack and a Lizard variant (I'm thinking about buying these they look awesome). Do you only get new cards by upgrading your collection?

Nope, the game is all about a slow (then slower, then molasses) drip feed of card unlocks. The bundles you can buy for $$$ are trash and awful value. You'll be able to pin and buy cards later on (CL 600+) with an in game currency, that's what they're talking about.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dragonshirt posted:

Under a certain level you won't see all the options in the shop being mentioned because there's another currency, Tokens, that comes into play later. As your card acquisition slows down as you go higher up the Collection Level ladder the Tokens are another way to get more cards, sometimes directly with a known card and price and now also with a new mystery box option.

Other than climbing the collection ladder there's also getting the season pass, which will be worth at least a few cards of that season from the purchase and from earning higher season rewards.

And now there's also Conquest Mode, which uses Medals as a new currency within its own shop to offer specific cards (it's currently Green Goblin).

Lobok fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 16, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Dragonshirt posted:

It doesn't unlock the base card, but you can use the variant just like you would the base card.

You'll still unlock the base card later on your collection track.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

uXs posted:

It doesn't unlock the base card, but you can use the variant just like you would the base card.

You'll still unlock the base card later on your collection track.

Curse you Nick Fury and marginally different Nick Fury

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Finally got a new card in my collector's bin, and it's Nimrod. I'm not sure if the game is actively mocking me at the point or just cruel and malicious. I guess I can use him as Galactus fodder, they always seem hungry.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

These two variations plus one with Cosmo and one with Luke Cage instead of Sentinel / Lizard are the ones I've seen. Dr. Doom is also popular for opponents who drop Wave / Sandman on turn 5

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Concurred posted:

These two variations plus one with Cosmo and one with Luke Cage instead of Sentinel / Lizard are the ones I've seen. Dr. Doom is also popular for opponents who drop Wave / Sandman on turn 5

Yeah doom in this shell has won me several games even without wave/sandman on the board.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dragonshirt posted:

Do all the missions when they pop up and never let them expire (the max you can have sitting on the dailies is 6), and don't buy the upgrade offers for individual cards just above the free credit grab in the shop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quit making $40 bundles, Jesus christ

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

This is your nightly gently caress you, Galactus message. We will resume your regular programming shortly.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I don't know how many more times the Ultimate Thanos variant can rotate through the shop before my will breaks and I buy it, but it probably won't be too many more.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

I feel like Galactus players have gotten dumber

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Quit making $40 bundles, Jesus christ

Yeah but even I have to admit that Dark Hawk is pretty rad. Not buying it, but it's cool looking.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yeah but even I have to admit that Dark Hawk is pretty rad. Not buying it, but it's cool looking.

As a former hater of Darkhawk, I approve of his pimpage.

I don't see him in my shop, I have Ultimate Thor, who sadly lacks frog qualities.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Kooriken posted:

I don't know how many more times the Ultimate Thanos variant can rotate through the shop before my will breaks and I buy it, but it probably won't be too many more.

I feel like I see Ultimate Aero way more than any other but I ain't buying that poo poo, it's real bad. The upcoming Aero bundle has a pretty good variant though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't know why I got the double power location three games in a row but all of them ended the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't know why I got the double power location three games in a row but all of them ended the same way.

Pepe the What?