Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Roctavian posted:

I'm always the guy with the dumbest complaints, but my main issue with this season's activities is that Salvage missions should start at like 3000 meters and end with a battle on the rig platforms, with ascending underwater platform sections, while Deep Dive actually has you travel downwards

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I’m going to do my first play of Last Wish with a buddy this weekend. We just joined a clan that has raid tour guides or what have you, so I am not that worried, but I’m trying to make sure I can optimize best for the gameplay. I’m going to watch a walkthrough, but in the meantime, any recommendations on loadout or builds for a titan?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Anything you want. Power creep has made it very simple now. You'll want to bring a cat'd thunder lord if possible but beyond that bring whatever and have fun. Assuming you aren't doing Riven legit that's the only sketchy dps check and even then it's still nothing anymore.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this-week-in-destiny-6-15-23

Lots of fun little tidbits this week

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"my abilities are up too often" sounds like the kind of bullshit question planted for new ceo meet&greet zoom calls lmfao

SkyLander
Dec 27, 2007

Can we just retcon glaives and just make swords better? I've never had fun with glaives and I doubt I would ever go out of my way to use them.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I’m going to do my first play of Last Wish with a buddy this weekend. We just joined a clan that has raid tour guides or what have you, so I am not that worried, but I’m trying to make sure I can optimize best for the gameplay. I’m going to watch a walkthrough, but in the meantime, any recommendations on loadout or builds for a titan?

LW has been power-crept in the last 2-3 years, so you don't need to be super optimized.

The first two encounters let you bring pretty much anything you want as long as it does good boss DPS. Thunderlord is fine, rockets are good, whatever. Build barely matters.

For Morgeth, you should probably bring a heavy that is good at hitting the big crit spot on his head/back. Sleeper Simulant is ideal; if not, a good legendary LFR (or Thunderlord) will be just fine, rockets are fine if someone in the group's bringing Gjally. Build barely matters.

For Vault, you will want to bring an add clear weapon, and something that can stun/slow and kill a miniboss Taken Knight very quickly. The classic combo is Tractor Cannon and a legendary fusion rifle or shotgun. If you don't have that, bring a sword (preferably Lament). If you happen to have a stasis fusion rifle with Chill Clip, definitely bring that. Build barely matters.

For Riven: If you're doing the cheese, then you want Lament or a really good legendary sword; build should be Thundercrash with Cuirass. If you're not doing the cheese, then your sherpa is certifiably insane and I salute them, let them tell you what to wear.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

glaive melee is good but they really beefed the buff logic for it

"melee buffs it but only kind of" really sucks

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Assuming you aren't doing Riven legit that's the only sketchy dps check and even then it's still nothing anymore.

I kinda thought so but appreciate the confirmation. I suspect we’ll be cheesin it but who knows!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

ullerrm posted:

For Riven: If you're doing the cheese, then you want Lament or a really good legendary sword; build should be Thundercrash with Cuirass. If you're not doing the cheese, then your sherpa is certifiably insane and I salute them, let them tell you what to wear.

I actually discovered recently that with the right guns swords are now the more difficult cheese. Something about us all dissolving into sand as time passes or something...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ullerrm posted:

Kith posted:

KITH'S VERY EXCELLENT LIST OF SWORDS TO USE FOR LEGITIMATE RIVEN KILLS
the sword explainer has logged on

Once Riven activates her wipe mechanic, your team has ten seconds to hack away at one of her feet before she kills you in Spanish. Blow your Supers, drop a Well of Radiance or Ward of Dawn so you don't die to the floor, and go to town using your sharpclub of choice. The typical strategy is to open with a Heavy Attack and then do Light Attack Combos until your Heavy Attack is charged again. If you happen to be using Whirlwind Blade, keep in mind that it stacks per attack, not per hit, so Heavy Attacks that hit multiple times will only produce one stack.

CROWN-SPLITTER - Aggressive Frame
[Previous Season] [Titan Exclusive]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Heavy Guard | Relentless Strikes | Vorpal Weapon

- Ranks above Lament because it has better DPS. Yes, really.
- Aggressive Frames swing slow, so Vorpal Weapon is the superior choice for DPS since picking up Whirlwind Stacks takes loving forever.
- Titan Supremacy :hehe:

THRONE-CLEAVER - Aggressive Frame
[Craftable - Season of Defiance] [Titan Exclusive]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Heavy Guard | Duelist's Trance | Vorpal Weapon

- Use in the exact same way you would Crown-Splitter, except you can kill a redbar before DPS to activate Duelist's Trance, allowing you to get in an extra Heavy Attack during DPS.
- Ranked lower than Crown-Splitter because it's pathetically Solar and therefore can't get Volatile Rounds.

THE LAMENT - Exotic Frame
[Exotic - Beyond Light]
- 4x Rev, Light Combo, Heavy before energy runs out, then do the standard Light Combo > Heavy routine when you've got energy back. You won't have time for extra revs after the initial combo, so don't worry about those.
- Not like it needs it, but notably the only sword on the list that can't slap on Boss Spec for +7% Damage.
- Heals you on hit, which is useful if your Well or Ward break for some reason. Though if that happens, something has gone horribly wrong and you're probably all dead anyway.

BEQUEST - Adaptive Frame
[Craftable - Deep Stone Crypt]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Swordmaster's Guard | Relentless Strikes | Vorpal Weapon

- Has 10 more Impact than other Adaptive Frames, causing it to deal +10% more damage.
- The original version didn't have a Damage Perk worth using, but the re-release has Vorpal, so now it's the best Adaptive Frame for DPS and it's craftable! Get your Bequest pattern today!

GOLDTUSK - Lightweight Frame
[Craftable - Season of Defiance] [Hunter Exclusive]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Swordmaster's Guard | Relentless Strikes | Whirlwind Blade

- Extra good at Whirlwind Blade because it attacks ridiculously fast.
- Oddly, has VEIST Stinger available as an alternative Origin Trait. Switch to that for extra Charge Rate and therefore more Heavy Attacks.

GENERIC ADAPTIVE FRAME SWORD
[Craftable - Season of Defiance, Dares of Eternity] [Targeted Drop - Shadowkeep] [Random Drop - World, Vendor, Dawning] [Previous Season]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Swordmaster's Guard | Relentless Strikes/Duelist's Trance | Whirlwind Blade/Vorpal Weapon

- Actually better at Boss DPS than Vortex Frames, but not by a huge amount. A well-rolled Vortex will outperform a badly-rolled Adaptive any day.
- Also much more common than Vortex Frames.
- Reminder that Bequest gets +10% damage innately, so if you're married to the idea of using an Adaptive Frame for DPS, craft a Bequest and use that.

DEATH'S RAZOR - Vortex Frame
[Craftable - Season of Defiance] [Warlock Exclusive]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Infinite Guard | Relentless Strikes | Whirlwind Blade

- Functionally identical to Falling Guillotine, but more easily obtainable due to its modern drop-source and easy to get a perfect roll for due to being craftable.
- Also has some pretty fun and spicy perks available, but that's outside the scope of this guide!

GENERIC VORTEX FRAME SWORD
[Targeted Drop - Iron Banner] [Random Drop - Grasp of Avarice, Vendor] [Previous Season]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Swordmaster's Guard | Relentless Strikes/Duelist's Trance | Whirlwind Blade/Vorpal Weapon

- Vortex Frames tend to have perks that are more oriented towards Add Clear, but are still competitive with Adaptive Frames at Boss DPS with the correct perks.
- Our Lady Falling Guillotine is one of these, but only shows up at Xur or Banshee when she feels like it. Hope for a good roll!
- Eternity's Edge also lives here, though that's less exciting because nobody cares about Eternity's Edge (and if you do for some reason, it's Warlock Exclusive).

QUICKFANG - Lightweight Frame
[Previous Season] [Hunter Exclusive]
Best Perks: Jagged Edge | Swordmaster's Guard | Relentless Strikes | One For All

- Can outperform other swords and even Goldtusk if you're good at timing the activation of One For All, but is much harder to use and therefore much lower on the list for that reason.

ANY CASTER FRAME SWORD
bad
don't

- this isn't pvp

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you're a titan you can also put on synthoceps and spam the stasis titan super right-click about a meter in front of riven's claw, it's about 2-2.5x as much damage as swording

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

glaives kick rear end insanely and, again, Grave Robber totally gets rid of any downsides since all you have to do to refill the mag is finish off an add with it

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Excited to have PvE handcannon action back

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What's the best way to earn XP right now, the Lost Sectors are bullying me and I wanna go lift weights until I can get revenge.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MJeff posted:

What's the best way to earn XP right now, the Lost Sectors are bullying me and I wanna go lift weights until I can get revenge.

Weekly Bounties and Seasonal Challenges Chores.

Just load up on all the bounties you can, and then hammer out the playlist activities until most (or all) of them are done. Then do the Moon, DC, and Europa weekly.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Don’t forget your Blinding Light ghost mod, and fireteam up with someone when you pop them if possible

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yeah. Vode will just randomly join on me sometimes whenever I'm doing random poo poo to pop his bounties or challenges for that extra fireteam xp.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

There are 2 super easy XP++ quest in the Cosmadrone. Easily finish them on all 3 characters in 30 minutes.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

any time you’re doing something have a set of applicable bounties. I like to switch loadout every day to grind Banshee’s and the seasonal vendor’s, so you can often do poo poo like get kinetic scout rifle kills in Gambit with the outcome being you’ve finished five bounties and advanced three seasonal challenges all at the same time

I easily hit 230 every season with three or more weeks left to go during which I stop bothering with bounties

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: Xur is selling Piece of Mind (S16 kinetic pulse), Disparity (S19 stasis pulse) and Sailspy Pitchglass (S18 arc LFR), all are extremely worth picking up for applying your red frame greebles to.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

PERMACAV 50 posted:

:siren: Xur is selling Piece of Mind (S16 kinetic pulse), Disparity (S19 stasis pulse) and Sailspy Pitchglass (S18 arc LFR), all are extremely worth picking up for applying your red frame greebles to.

The Disparity roll is flirting with godroll territory too (Arrowhead, Appended Mag, Rapid Hit, Desperado, Handling MW), so even if you're not looking for completing the crafting patterns, it's a solid grab.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I actually think all those guns are power crept (or in the case of sailspy bad) and not worth using harmonizers on.

Piece of Minds claim to fame was high zoom and good stats for a rapid, but since its introduction its zoom has been nerfed, zoom will be nerfed again, and Autumn Wind and Different Times exist and are easily craftable/rollable.

Disparity was great because Messenger was out of the pool, but Messenger is back and easy to focus.

Sailspy's only claim to fame is it's an arc lfr, with the only other one being Stormchaser from duality (which is way better). With the removal of the weapon modifier from jolt calculations voltshot is a waste.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Disparity's stats just suck too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
disparity owns bones and can get busted poo poo like enhanced headskeer, moving target or eye of the storm

it can get like perfect stability and vertical recoil

hakke breach arnaments for busting down titan walls

it might not be the absolute best (especially if you don't like/aren't used to 4-bursts) but it's a very strong contender

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I really like Piece of Mind and Disparity, I even have a Disparity for PvP and I almost never do that. Is good. I don't like Sailspy tho.

The real issue is once again all the best weapons being slot one, for shame.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Momentum Control sucks so bad. Bungie has had an obsession with low health + no radar modes all the way back to Halo and I get that it's an alternative way to play but can you just have it for people who want it and not stick a seasonal challenge in there for it EVERY SEASON?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Momentum control was made for doing crucible quest steps

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I'm sure all the pvp pros will get mad at me and accuse me of being bad at the game, but I don't really care. I love MoCo. It feels good to me. I love being able to flank people without some crappy radar ratting me out. I love being able to singlehandedly wipe out an entire team with my primary weapon with sufficient skill or luck (it's usually luck). I love how every weapon can kill quickly. I love using Oathkeeper with Wishender and having completely legal wall hacks with a 1 shot kill. And dying happens so quickly and frequently that you stop caring about it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The more modes that feel like silly old school shooters the better imo. PvP is at its best when it's silly.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

syntaxfunction posted:

The more modes that feel like silly old school shooters the better imo. PvP is at its best when it's silly.

:hmmyes:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

syntaxfunction posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey did you know that Thunderlord is in the game?

Did you also know that Eager Edge is in the game?

If you didn't know that these are in the game, I highly recommend Gambit. Because it's a great way to learn that those two things are, in fact, in the game.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I often find myself penduluming on my opinion on radar for Cruci.

Positive: There’s a skill in tracking it, obviously, and also a skill in tricking it.
Negative: It dramatically undervalues getting a flank because more often than not you’ll have a line of guns facing you on the peek, and those options to trick it are all firstly limited, and secondly prone to being really variable in their effectiveness.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MJeff posted:

Hey did you know that Thunderlord is in the game?

Did you also know that Eager Edge is in the game?

If you didn't know that these are in the game, I highly recommend Gambit. Because it's a great way to learn that those two things are, in fact, in the game.

EE is my favorite "gently caress off, sweat" button in trials as well as for anti-invasion when they wanna get all close in gambit or get too focused on teammates. It's not optimal, but it's fun. I wish I didn't suck horribly with hand cannons now, or I'd never put malfeasance away.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Moco somehow feels more sweaty to me with the low ttk. But I guess getting one-tapped six times in a row trying to get ten feet from my spawn point is zany fun for some people? May you continue to enjoy that.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Shotgun enjoyers, Xur has a Last Man Standing you do not want to miss:

On the surface, this doesn't seem like anything crazy yeah? Subsistence on a shotgun is cool, sure, but it's the addition of Discord on top of that that makes this something wild. "Final blows with another weapon grant this weapon increased speed for aiming down sights, accuracy, and airborne effectiveness for a short time. When Discord is active, final blows refund ammo." It's that very last bit that takes this from a "Huh, interesting." roll to a "Wait, holy poo poo, that works?" roll. Pull out your primary, murder two redbars, then swap to Last Man Standing and you have 6 seconds of infinite ammo. Yes, infinite. As long as Discord is up and you can hit your shots, every kill will return one round to the mag so you don't have to reload AND it'll add a round back to your reserves so you're just straight up not using ammo. It's hilariously fun!

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Does anyone else feel there's too much poo poo on screen now? Like particle effects, streamers, tracers, orbs, balls, wispy poo poo, 'splosions, doodads and swirlys.

I was watching a dude on youtube playing D1 and its just a little muzzle flash and dmg numbers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is it just my dumb computer but has anyone else had weird issues where screen effects (explosions etc) will gently caress with mouse sensitivity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How old is your GPU? If a large screen effect craters your FPS momentarily that will affect mousefeel