Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Ending talk:

So now Dante knows the secret behind two singularities. I wonder how many he's going to end up learning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
Well credit where it's due - I went into this Canto not really liking Yi Sang. Outside of a few little moments here and there he just seemed kinda bland compared to some of the other Sinners. Now though... yeah he's pretty solid. Still not my favourite but I appreciate him a whole lot more now.

It helps that he has a very pretty Identity now too. Poor slime Ishmael. Why are you so bad?

Unrelated but... the ending image of the canto is so much more bright and vibrant this time round. No real comment on this - it's just very pretty.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

What a fuckin chapter. I'll avoid giving thoughts on the main events yet since we're all still going through it

also lol at the credits song. i guess he is based on a poet

e: I also appreciate Dante and Faust's new dynamic of Dante tells extremely important people to eat a dick and Faust translates that as "the manager says you are very smart and cool"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 15, 2023

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
For spicebush Dongbaek I brought Yi Sang's new treedntity. I wailed on the boss pretty hard during a morale break, after the grown trees died. Then there was a bit where all the sinners except Don ended up trapped as trees. But Don was somehow staggered. Causing Spicebush to just AOE kill everybody. Is this one of those unique identity interactions or did I just screw up the previous phase?

Edit: tried again with Blade Lineage Yi Sang, no prob

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 15, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
towards the end (presumably) of the dungeon:

lol that we just straight up get to see the moment when dongrang's heart breaks in half

he's a really awful poo poo in the present day, but chucking his work in the Concept Incinerator for practical reasons has to be what broke him permanently into the evil practical guy forever

and our league... burning down in a colorless fire

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 15, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Limbis Company

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Junpei posted:

Got to the end of the first floor of the dungeon.

It's sorta fun to see the Sinners forced to act as the other League members (I burst out loud laughing when I realized Don was playing Gubo). It's really interesting that Hong Lu takes to his role as Young-Ji really well.

Yeah, the Don part made me burst out in laughter.

As an aside, when I went extracting, I started with the daily extraction...and got Yi Sang on the spot.

Took me a few more tries to get Ishmael, but I also got the missing E.G.O. I wanted to get for Outis at the same time, so I guess this was compensation for the sucky sludge.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1669308828947714048?s=20

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
What was so bad about S District that they feared being sent back so much?

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 15, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4hZIvo620

Now THAT'S a lotta damage!.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

End of chapter spoilers
I'm seeing at least two potential chapter 4 ID, a T Corp soldier and Dongrang's EGO. We also don't have Sinclair's EGO ID or an actual K corp soldier ID. Since we know they come in pairs, we're either going to get Sinclair and Dongrang's EGO, or we'll also get those other two?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Marluxia posted:

End of chapter spoilers
I'm seeing at least two potential chapter 4 ID, a T Corp soldier and Dongrang's EGO. We also don't have Sinclair's EGO ID or an actual K corp soldier ID. Since we know they come in pairs, we're either going to get Sinclair and Dongrang's EGO, or we'll also get those other two?
There's at least five possible new IDs, potentially six.

K Corp grunt (might be skipped), K Corp shield grunt, K Corp elite, T Corp soldier, Sinclair EGO, and Dongrang's EGO.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

due to his flashy animations covering his damage numbers a lot of the time i'm never really aware of how much damage he does, until the results screen hits and it was apparently 5 limbillion

KobunFan posted:

What was so bad about S District that they feared being sent back so much?

it's full of our posts. the s stands for poo poo

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

There's at least five possible new IDs, potentially six.

K Corp grunt (might be skipped), K Corp shield grunt, K Corp elite, T Corp soldier, Sinclair EGO, and Dongrang's EGO.

I'm really wondering about those K Corp grunts, yeah. The Rosespanner Office and the Technology Liberation Alliance Ids are grouped under world of K Corp, so either we're reusing Sinners for ids, or the pool of available Sinner is becoming rapidly very limited.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Marluxia posted:

I'm really wondering about those K Corp grunts, yeah. The Rosespanner Office and the Technology Liberation Alliance Ids are grouped under world of K Corp, so either we're reusing Sinners for ids, or the pool of available Sinner is becoming rapidly very limited.

:thunk:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

where'd she even get that pipe from

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Marluxia posted:

End of chapter spoilers

For Farmwatch, I'm suspecting that Gregor's going to get it. He's one of the three Sinners yet to receive a post-launch 000 ID (along with Ish and Don, although Faust and Outis are in a weird place since they didn't start with one), it'd be pretty easy to give him a scythe for an arm, he's already associated with a bunch of "nature" EGOs, and I can't see it really fitting Don or Ish as characters.

Edit: Just remembered that Hong Lu hasn't had a new 000 yet either, but he also doesn't really fit.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 15, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

For Farmwatch, I'm suspecting that Gregor's going to get it. He's one of the three Sinners yet to receive a post-launch 000 ID (along with Ish and Don, although Faust and Outis are in a weird place since they didn't start with one), it'd be pretty easy to give him a scythe for an arm, he's already associated with a bunch of "nature" EGOs, and I can't see it really fitting Don or Ish as characters.

Next chapter is also heavily suspected to be Ish's so her Big ID will probably be next season. I'm also guessing Gregor given how Farmwatch's animations involve bending that scythe around like an arm sometimes

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I'm going to go out on a limb and theorize Farmwatch Outis. Faust could also work because of the Faust narrative revolving around the costs of personal ambition similar to Dongrang's but also I really liked the moment where Outis told Dongrang he was sure his cow remembered him, sue me.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Does anyone recalls what drawers they picked in the dungeon, and what they got from it? Wondering if we should figure out what all of 'em are, for posterity.

E: I picked 6th row, 1st column. Gave a gift that gives +10% sloth damage.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 15, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

t3isukone posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and theorize Farmwatch Outis. Faust could also work because of the Faust narrative revolving around the costs of personal ambition similar to Dongrang's but also I really liked the moment where Outis told Dongrang he was sure his cow remembered him, sue me.

I thought she was still following the script at that point.

Also Dongrang murdering that cow was such a spiteful dick move, my dude you really need to stop immediately murdering anything that makes you upset

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

LizardBeam posted:

Does anyone recalls what drawers they picked in the dungeon, and what they got from it? Wondering if we should figure out what all of 'em are, for posterity.

E: I picked 6th row, 1st column. Gave a gift that gives +10% sloth damage.

I picked the middle option, got a gift that boosts pride damage by 10%. Friend took the top option and got a bonus to gluttony damage.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The funniest thing in the update was the fact that the Yi Sang flashbacks didn't have a sepia filter because they were flashbacks, but because there is a literal sepia filter over Nest T. In awe that PM just straight up made Steampunk London a thing in the setting lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

The funniest thing in the update was the fact that the Yi Sang flashbacks didn't have a sepia filter because they were flashbacks, but because there is a literal sepia filter over Nest T. In awe that PM just straight up made Steampunk London a thing in the setting lmao

the literal sepia filter and the dudes in tophats, amazing. I was expecting some hyper-modern time beings living in the future-past but of course it's a bunch of steampunk larpers hahaha

unrelated but in the final fight i was kinda disappointed that the mili song kept trailing off(though it's appropriate for Yi Sang's character), then she belted out FLY PERFECT WINGS in the finale and I teared up like a bitch 10/10

also i'm pretty sure Yi Sang manifested his for-real EGO there without Dante's input

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 15, 2023

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Goddamn, I am not sure if I am getting lucky or unlucky at this point. I am on Day 22 and have still yet to get my first WAW. It has made everything pretty easy to control but starting to get to the point I really need to get non-HE gear. At least it is making getting a bunch of assignments done easy enough (other than the one that requires suppression as I have only 3)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Trying to avoid WAWs and ALEPHs is a bit of a newbie trap yeah, because you actually do need that gear quite badly.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I am so loving excited for the inevitable T-Corp chapter, the whole reveal this chapter was amazing. Someone's going to get the British tophat Identity and it'll probably be Heathcliff.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Finished the story and I can't say I didn't enjoy it, I think maybe some of the early bits got a bit long in the tooth but the ending and everything about the last fight and cutscenes really sticked the landing for me.

Also I got to see Yi Sang actually smile and that made me feel warm and fuzzy

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So the weapons the T-Corp Goons wield, those are basically weaponized turnkeys, right? The kind they use to wind clocks?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
battlepass ego thoughts

Gregor aedd looks pretty spooky in a charge team and okay otherwise and it's not legerdemain slot.

Yi sang sunshower has good numbers and text but holy moly that sin cost, better pick the turn you use it very carefully

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

battlepass ego thoughts

Gregor aedd looks pretty spooky in a charge team and okay otherwise and it's not legerdemain slot.

Yi sang sunshower has good numbers and text but holy moly that sin cost, better pick the turn you use it very carefully
I've seen Yi Sang Sunshower do 1500 damage (yes I linked this video before) so it's worth the cost.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Ohhhh... I just got something. The shards you pick up in the dungeon... we are building Yi Sang's Wings aren't we? To resemble the ones Sang Yi have.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Anyone know how to add a Steam copy of Limbus to an existing Apple (iOS) copy? I have put up with one during-boss crash too many.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Quackles posted:

Anyone know how to add a Steam copy of Limbus to an existing Apple (iOS) copy? I have put up with one during-boss crash too many.

if it works like android you can pull your account code out of settings or something and input it on the other platform, it's p easy

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

tbh I guess Gregor aedd only needs ONE teammate who hungers for charge and that's not hard

at worst it's a situational accelerant for bunnycliff, you know, the identity that is completely frontloaded and certainly wouldn't mind an early charge boost

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
really, when it comes to IDs That Use Charge you go to Rabbit Heath before WARP Don or Reindeer Ishmael?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Junpei posted:

really, when it comes to IDs That Use Charge you go to Rabbit Heath before WARP Don or Reindeer Ishmael?

I actually run Heathcliff way more often than those two just because it's all about the mirror dungeon grind (and also I'd need to friend either one in but that's easy and is why i haven't sharded them)

also I couldn't recall offhand if w Don did charge

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
charge makes heath put on the bunny helmet which makes him the most important and memorable charge unit

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Finished the dungeon. Had to do a take two on the final boss because my phone physically couldn't handle doing both it and the preceding boss without a rest. Really should sync up the Steam version for future big events and just keep the phone version for daily grinding.

The dungeon successfully made me care about Yi Sang when he was too passive to be interesting before, so I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes from here. Hopefully he'll have an actual active role among the Sinners from here on out.

I hadn't really internalized that the base Zayin EGO don't have SP costs before this dungeon, but it was very aggressive about resetting your SP and there were a lot of mini-bosses, so I made a lot of use of that. Yi Sang's base EGO is good. I'm curious as to whether the passive will update at Uptie 4, after his character development.

The end of the dungeon had a couple of interesting things with EGO. Dongrang seems like the first unambiguous case of a character gaining EGO and becoming a worse person, but I guess it was still representative of him deciding to move forward rather than stagnating in regret? Good clarification on what EGO means. And also, there was the talk of how Yi Sang's mirror shows what you could be and therefore reflects what you can still become, and then Yi Sang busted out a higher-Uptie Crow's Eye View at the end. I'm assuming that all the Zayin EGO are entirely mirror-based rather than reflecting any degree of self-actualization, so I'm looking forward to the future variations on them as the Sinners make them their own.

I liked the variation on the ending song, what with Yi Sang doing a rap-like poetry reading between parts and singing way more passionately when the song started talking about flying. Not the best version as an actual song, but it's nice to see them changing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Anyone noticed how we finally have the (obvious) confirmation of Carmen still being up to her usual antics?