Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

UHD posted:

sushang dropping a giant chicken on nerds never gets old

My gf is immune to liking anime but she lol'ed when I showed her this. Good ult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

berenzen posted:

Illusions of the past. Disappear amongst the sea of butterflies!

HI3 reference. Same reason her eyes turn red.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i only try to use ladies in gacha games but sampo gets to be a honorary gal and be on my teams because of his funny ult line

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also there's that one line about him doing drag so its fine

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

also there's that one line about him doing drag so its fine

wait lmao i think i missed this

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Here's another hot take for everyone. Serval is a Nihility character. Compare her to the other Erudition characters and then compare her to the Nihility characters.

Tae posted:

People really don't understand how good guaranteed Slow is

I love Slow. Welt is one of my main characters.

The problem with Dan Heng is that everything about him is conditional. Whether or not he slows an enemy and gets extra damage has several conditions. One of his traces gives him a 20% speed bonus after he attacks, and even that is a coin flip. And his e4 lets him advance his action forward after he ults, but only if his ult kills an enemy. Just too many conditions piled on top of each other.

Sushang might do slightly less damage in individual hits, but she's going to get more actions over the course of a combat that she will easily equal if not surpass Dan in total damage. Plus her conditions are smaller and a lot easier to meet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i think its in gepard's phone convos? he sometimes tricks people by disguising as a 'madam rose' iirc which is the most generic drag name possible

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Erudition characters all do aoe damage, nihility characters all have some sort of debuff. Serval does exclusively aoe damage (some via dot) and has no debuffs.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Endorph posted:

i think its in gepard's phone convos? he sometimes tricks people by disguising as a 'madam rose' iirc which is the most generic drag name possible

Sampo is literally just Bugs Bunny

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
He also disguises himself as a Madam Brughel in his story II.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 12 hours!)

Bronya still at lv1 cause I can’t be bothered to invest in a whole another 5*, have my hands full on enough supports as it is

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

acumen posted:

Erudition characters all do aoe damage, nihility characters all have some sort of debuff. Serval does exclusively aoe damage (some via dot) and has no debuffs.

Her entire kit revolves around implanting a debuff, shock, and increasing damage based on it and extending the duration of it. Also every other Erudition has multi target follow up attacks as part of their kit. Also, also Serval only does aoe in her ult, not her skill. But maybe Himeko is similar? I don't have her.

It's not 1:1, but Serval is closer in utility and use to Sampo than to Herta if we're comparing 4 stars. Also Sampo and Serval make a great team since Sampo inflicts dot vulnerability in enemies.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

Also, also Serval only does aoe in her ult, not her skill.

I guess if we're being super nitpicky and saying that blasts aren't AoE, but her skill hits 3 targets which is close enough for me IMO.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Shock is damage over time, not a "debuff"

Pela has DEF shred, Sampo and Kafka amplify dots, Welt slows/imprisons, SW has a million things. Erudition characters don't enable other party members or disable enemies, whereas nihility (and harmony) characters do.

I mean if you want to get technical being dead is the worst debuff of all but there's a pretty clear distinction between the roles, except for destruction right now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Serval's dots deal significantly less damage than a Nihility character, iirc. Since she uses them more to proc her talent.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Walla posted:

Here's another hot take for everyone. Serval is a Nihility character. Compare her to the other Erudition characters and then compare her to the Nihility characters.

I think the biggest issue that prevents her from being a Nihility character is that she isn't very effective when being played as SP neutral or as an SP battery role, where most of the Nihility role characters are fine with rotations that infrequently or tactically use their skill.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Serval cares about her DOT but it's for the purpose of being able to setup a field where she can deal AOE damage with only a basic attack. The DOT has a high multiplier but with only one stack she's not that close to the level of Sampo or what other characters in that archetype should be.

efb, and valid to point out the specific non- DOT debuffs you use the rest of the class for. Curious how Luka will fit in.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

He dresses up and goes by Madam Fish

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Walla posted:

Also Sampo and Serval make a great team since Sampo inflicts dot vulnerability in enemies.

does serval's shock count as a dot for terminology classifications? it never specifies it being a dot anywhere

e: hm i guess i had a brain shortage because i could have sworn none of the ingame text specified dot but now that i check again it does say so

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 16, 2023

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
By that logic Asta is a harmony, nihility, and preservation (because enemies keep targeting her anyway even with Clara ult up and M7 shield on Clara :mad:) all rolled into one. So versatile!

Edit: Also, the reduced damage + quantum relic dungeon isn't bad! Quantum set is pretty dece for any of your dps/sub-dps if you have SW to implant quantum weakness, and the reduced damage set is great for all of your "tanks" (e.g., Tingyun, Asta, etc. (but in all seriousness, not bad for your support characters who might be behind in levels)).

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 16, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wodin posted:

I think the biggest issue that prevents her from being a Nihility character is that she isn't very effective when being played as SP neutral or as an SP battery role, where most of the Nihility role characters are fine with rotations that infrequently or tactically use their skill.

That really depends on her eidolons. She gets a lot of mileage out of only her basic attacks and she regenerates energy like crazy so she can ult constantly and keep the dots going.

Futaba Anzu posted:

does serval's shock count as a dot for terminology classifications? it never specifies it being a dot anywhere

e: hm i guess i had a brain shortage because i could have sworn none of the ingame text specified dot but now that i check again it does say so

The only dot effect which isn't technically a dot is Quantum break because it wears off unlike other break effect.

Also I think I saw one content creator go on a rant about how Wind Shear break dot is different from the Wind Shear inflicted by Sampo's attacks and ultimate.

facepalmolive posted:

By that logic Asta is a harmony, nihility, and preservation (because enemies keep targeting her anyway even with Clara ult up and M7 shield on Clara :mad:) all rolled into one. So versatile!

I know I'm wrong, but for me Serval plays very differently compared to Herta or Jing Yuan in a lot of ways. Also there are several Nihility light co es which would benefit her much more than the Erudition ones.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Walla posted:

I know I'm wrong, but for me Serval plays very differently compared to Herta or Jing Yuan in a lot of ways. Also there are several Nihility light co es which would benefit her much more than the Erudition ones.

That's more because the erudition light cones aside from before dawn are all dogshit, with the best being the BP cone, and then seriousness of breakfast

berenzen fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 16, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow I beat Ultrasvarog for once. Being able to use The Hunt's ultimate 3 times is a row is so devastating!!!

And also Wolfie.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Walla posted:

The only dot effect which isn't technically a dot is Quantum break because it wears off unlike other break effect.

How is that different from frozen or the imaginary one?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

How is that different from frozen or the imaginary one?

It's not. It's just the only break effect that I've seen people confuse for a dot effect.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Having randomly pulled a Welt out of the general banner, I have completed team 5* dudes. It is inferior to having a healer dude, but it's real and strong and my friend.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hit TB60 last night, and cleared SU 3-4 and 4-4 so far. Not too much harder than 3-3 and 4-3, though I should get Pela's relics and level up a bit, because she ended up dying to both Gepard and Svarog at the end. Seele/SW/Pela/Gepard continues to be an incredible team for SU hunt runs where you get infinite damage stats to stack on seele, so adding more to it from bronya/ting doesn't make much sense. But shoving 100% def down on enemies lets you rip them apart so fast.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

needs a "You're my only hope!" tacked on the end.

Serval's should be a 6 minute music video you can interrupt if you're in a hurry.

Serval should have the Apollo Justice music video every time so a new generation of gamers can hate it.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Walla posted:

I think it makes more sense to observe that the "paths" are intentionally a bit fuzzy, and some character overlap between them to varying degrees. Elation is a really obvious example of this interpretation, since if every character was a "pure" expression of their path then we wouldn't be able to have any characters with access to followup attacks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

Also I think I saw one content creator go on a rant about how Wind Shear break dot is different from the Wind Shear inflicted by Sampo's attacks and ultimate.

I mean, that's correct? They stack, though, so it's a good thing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In SU though, the Nihility resonance Wind Shear works like Sampo's and not the weakness break version, which is pretty interesting.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Didn't get a screenshot but got 3-4 and 4-4

Just need to do 5-4 and 6-4 but eh

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean, that's correct? They stack, though, so it's a good thing.

Edit: I remembered the rant wrong. Now I'm not sure what the point was.

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/QLEIA7Xfpzc

I'm not a fan of this guy, but the numbers seem right.

Fast forward to about 3:30 for the numbers.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 16, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

why is this like this. Hunt gotta do things different I guess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why is what like what

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
the Calyx (Crimson) descriptor it has i think?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

yeah, for some reason Hunt is the only one that does that in the book. All the rest just say Bud of x

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Same reason it's The Hunt as the class and not The Preservation. It's shorter so they don't need to truncate.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

why is bronya so cute as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

bagrada posted:

The real tier list is how annoying ults get after seeing them a million times. Still fun every time, okay sped up, okay sped up and muted, terrible every time. I wish they had at least two voice clips they'd alternate between.

I play with audio on a language I mostly don't understand so the voice clips don't really register, but Jing Yuan's big drums are always good.